Anime Central Forums: Life Size/live Action/cosplay Collateral Damage? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Life Size/live Action/cosplay Collateral Damage? Crazy idea? The Anime Board Game, with human pieces

#1 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17117

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hey everyone! For those of you who have not seen me at past ACens, I'm Matt Duhan, owner of Gozer Games and creator of Collateral Damage: The Anime Board Game. Collateral Damage is the only Anime board game on the market, and we've had lots of success and fun selling it in the Exhibit Hall and playing it in the Tabletop Gaming area. ACen is our "home base" anime convention, and because of that I'm thinking of trying something special for 2010. Would there be any interest in me running a Life Size/Live Action/Cosplay version of Collateral Damage? That is, like Cosplay Chess, we would have volunteers play the various character pieces on the board, with a large board laid out in the middle of the room. I think that this could be a lot of fun. What do you think? Is this something that you would like to see at ACen? Is it something in which you would like to participate? Please let me know!
Gozer Games, LLC
Creator of Collateral Damage: The Anime Board Game
http://www.gozergames.com

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

I'd love to do this! I did Chess last year and LOVED it!
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   Itachi-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28855

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

The idea sounds really cool if there is room for an Itachi Uchiha piece on the chess board i'm in ^^

This post has been edited by jonkalucard666: 03 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

#4 User is offline   retro 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17321

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

would this be open to all characters or would we be limited to the ones you have cards for with the board game. and i love the game by the way
In life you can laugh or cry I interned to die laughing

#5 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

View Postretro, on Nov 4 2009, 11:30 AM, said:

would this be open to all characters or would we be limited to the ones you have cards for with the board game. and i love the game by the way

I would prefer for starters that it be limited to certain characters from the game. I am open to adding additional characters, but this would largely depend on being able to create a card for the character that would fit in well with the game. I do not think it is necessary to come dressed as your assigned character, though it certainly would make things more fun if you did. I am planning on having at least 1 character from the as-yet-unreleased expansion, so there will be some options for playing characters not yet in the game.

Thanks for your support of Collateral Damage! I'm glad that you love the game.
Gozer Games, LLC

#6 User is offline   Rawk z3r0 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 15588

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:44 PM

This could be so fun! I wouldn't be interested in running it, but certainly in being a player!

#7 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostRawk z3r0, on Nov 5 2009, 02:44 PM, said:

This could be so fun! I wouldn't be interested in running it, but certainly in being a player!

*bump*

I'll be running it. I am looking for players/pieces.
Gozer Games, LLC

#8 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:15 PM

View PostGozer Games, on Dec 11 2009, 12:44 PM, said:

*bump*

I'll be running it. I am looking for players/pieces.

Has the con approved this event? just asking.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#9 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:25 PM

View Postopimus.rm, on Dec 11 2009, 04:15 PM, said:

Has the con approved this event? just asking.

We're discussing it now, and the ConCom is interested in having it, if there is enough interest from attendees.
Gozer Games, LLC

#10 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

I was sleeping over at a friends house, and found your board game there. I felt pretty special.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#11 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

Hey folks! I'm starting to cast parts for people. If you are interested in participating in this event, and playing a character in Live Action Collateral Damage, please email me at gozergames@gmail.com with "Collateral Damage Character" in the subject. If you are familiar with the game and have a character in mind, please let me know. Otherwise, we can chat to narrow down which character you would be most interested in playing.

Thanks!
Gozer Games, LLC

#12 User is offline   Neko_master_Luna 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 28689

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:42 AM

Sounds awsome, I would just watch, I'm really bad at chess.
Currently writing a book.

#13 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

View PostNeko_master_Luna, on Jan 20 2010, 01:42 AM, said:

Sounds awsome, I would just watch, I'm really bad at chess.

Heya. Just so it's clear, this is NOT chess. This is Collateral Damage: The Anime Board Game. The game is actually more similar to Risk than chess.
Also, if you chose to be a character in the game, you would not have to play. You would be a piece on the board, which the players would tell you where to move. There would not be anything you would need to learn. If you wanted to make a costume for your character for cosplay that would be great, but you do not need to in order to join in.
Gozer Games, LLC

#14 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

*bump*

I have received the official approval from Acen, and Live Action Collateral Damage is a go for Saturday night!

I'm now looking to cast parts for people. If you are interested in participating in this event, and playing a character in Live Action Collateral Damage, please email me at gozergames@gmail.com with "Collateral Damage Character" in the subject. If you are familiar with the game and have a character in mind, please let me know. Otherwise, we can chat to narrow down which character you would be most interested in playing.

See you at Acen!
Gozer Games, LLC

#15 User is offline   Legal-Assassin 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 46843

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

As much as I'd love to, I doubt any of the characters I'm cosplaying as are characters for the game and I can't add any more to my list due to my budget. Also, there's something I have planned for midnight so I may not even be able to go.

QAQ
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears or cover your eyes."
--Pharos; Persona 3

Cosplay plans for Acen:
Minato Arisato (MC/Protagonist)-Persona 3 (winter uniform) [Got headphones, pants, and shoes. Jacket needs alteration.]
Akira-Togainu no Chi (default clothing) [need to style wig and remake knife and jacket. May also do one ending...]
Random Shinigami-Bleach [Just need to find a sword or make a sign...]

#16 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

View PostRave-Alchemist, on Mar 15 2010, 03:27 PM, said:

As much as I'd love to, I doubt any of the characters I'm cosplaying as are characters for the game and I can't add any more to my list due to my budget. Also, there's something I have planned for midnight so I may not even be able to go.

QAQ

Hi there! To address your concerns, you don't have to cosplay as a character in the game in order to be involved. Also, we are scheduled to finish by 11pm, so you should be able to make it to your midnight event. I hope you'll be able to join us!
Gozer Games, LLC

#17 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 33071

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

Ooh, awesome! I would definitely do this. I've never played chess though, so i'd have to learn by acen. Can't be THAT hard, can it? My cosplays are listed in my signature.
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.
I do have a Facebook! I do commission! Shoot me a message!

#18 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on Mar 15 2010, 05:09 PM, said:

Ooh, awesome! I would definitely do this. I've never played chess though, so i'd have to learn by acen. Can't be THAT hard, can it? My cosplays are listed in my signature.

If you would like to be involved, please email me at gozergames@gmail.com with "Collateral Damage Character" in the subject. That way, we can work to get your character assigned and work out details.
Gozer Games, LLC

#19 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

*bump* We are now 6 weeks away from ACen. I am still looking for people to play characters. Please email me at gozergames@gmail.com if you are interested.
Gozer Games, LLC

#20 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

Here we go folks! We have a 15' x 15' board, and the players. Now we need some cosplayers for a few remaining characters. Please email gozergames@gmail.com if interested.
Gozer Games, LLC

#21 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Do you have permission from the con?
Currently Watching: Supernatural | Currently Constructing: n/a | Currently Playing: n/a | Next Con: DragonCon 2012?
---

~2012: Friday Cosplay- Vriska Serket(Make Her Pay)/Homestuck [100%] | Saturday Cosplay- Princess Zelda/Wind Waker [100%] | Sunday Cosplay- GLaDOS/Portal 2 [100%]
~2011: Saturday Cosplay- Suigintou/Rozen Maiden [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- Kallen Kozuki/Code Geass (Black Knights) [100%] [x]
~2010: Saturday Cosplay- Princess Rosalina/Super Mario Galaxy [100%] [x] | Sunday Cosplay- San/Princess Mononoke [95%] [x]
~2009: Saturday Cosplay- Kouno Tohru/Princess Princess [100%] [x] | Sunday Outfit- Neko [100%]
Other Cosplays Include: Rose Lalonde/Homestuck, Sakura Haruno/Naruto, Random Quidditch Player/Harry Potter, Trace/Onward Bound, Marceline/Adventure Time, Dead Shuffle Jade Harley/Homestuck, Dog Tier Jade Harley/Homestuck, and Dress of Eclectica Jade Harley/Homestuck.

#22 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on May 12 2010, 05:01 PM, said:

Do you have permission from the con?

Yes. This is an officially sanctioned event, being run in the Tabletop gaming area. We are listed on the schedule, and will be using one of the 4 devoted gaming rooms for this event.
Gozer Games, LLC

#23 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Awesome! I might be willing to participate, depending on when it is. I don't know how to play chess, so will I be expected to know how, or would someone just tell me where to go (like in wizard Chess from Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone)?
---

#24 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on May 12 2010, 06:09 PM, said:

Awesome! I might be willing to participate, depending on when it is. I don't know how to play chess, so will I be expected to know how, or would someone just tell me where to go (like in wizard Chess from Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone)?

We will be telling you where to go, like wizard chess.
Gozer Games, LLC

#25 User is offline   sweetbeanpaste 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

Great! What's the day/time? If I'm free, I'd love to come!

(my cosplays are in my signature)

This post has been edited by sweetbeanpaste: 13 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

---

#26 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Love, Peace, & Video Games

#27 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

View Postsweetbeanpaste, on May 13 2010, 04:57 PM, said:

Great! What's the day/time? If I'm free, I'd love to come!

This will be Saturday night from 7-10pm in the Barajas game room in the lower level of the Hyatt. I hope to see you there!
Gozer Games, LLC

#28 User is offline   Gozer Games 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

View PostJeff, on May 13 2010, 08:10 PM, said:

Sign ups on the spot are fine, but it will make things much easier if you contact me in advance. This way, you will have a better say in picking which character you want to play from the available ones left. If you can, please stop by booth 429 in the Exhibit Hall in order to sign up in advance.
Gozer Games, LLC

#29 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Thanks you good sir.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

Page 1 of 1