• This topic is locked

2010 F. A. Q. Facts, Answers, Questions

#91 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

View PostAyu, on Dec 16 2009, 11:43 PM, said:

Oh crap if it was alphabetically then I'll be last for sure since my last name starts with z xD

Sixth!

My name starts with BA and I was also refreshing over and over at noon. I also finally got the form to fill out around 12:04 and didn't get a wait list message soooooo, I sure hope I got in! But I haven't received any confirmation message either. I hope whatever issue is making this take so long gets resolved soon.

#92 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

I'm sure something has just come up. ACEN's AA crew are pretty awesome about things. Just give them some time and I'm sure we'll all get answers.

If you didn't get a wait-list notice, you probably have a spot. If you're still nervous, look over your paperwork. If you didn't have any errors and you aren't on the black list(I think you'd know if you were) I doubt there is anything to worry about :3

#93 User is offline   Random McCrankyface 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29111

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

Yeah--ACen's people are on the ball, so I'm not too worried if things are running a few hours behind.

#94 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 36095

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:25 AM

View PostAyu, on Dec 17 2009, 12:43 AM, said:

Oh crap if it was alphabetically then I'll be last for sure since my last name starts with z xD

My last name starts with a C so I doubt that its alphabetical unless he only got to the first two letters of the alphabet and if there are that many people with A's and B's in their last name then I say "damn!" ^_^

#95 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

Obviously I can't list names, but even "right at 12" we had a TON of simultaneous admissions, so you could still not be in the first wave. There's a lot more work to be done than it seems and we're going as quickly as possible. I promise you'll hear something soon!
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#96 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

Okay I got an email finally, with the rules and regulations, including a page to sign, and a form to fill out payment information. I guess now I have to print and fill out and mail this stuff, eh? Too bad electronic payment isn't possible. I hate to trust things to the mail this time of year.

Should this message be taken as confirmation, or do I now have to wait for my check to clear or will I get another email when payment has been received?

#97 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

View PostLadre, on Dec 17 2009, 10:20 PM, said:

Okay I got an email finally, with the rules and regulations, including a page to sign, and a form to fill out payment information. I guess now I have to print and fill out and mail this stuff, eh? Too bad electronic payment isn't possible. I hate to trust things to the mail this time of year.

Should this message be taken as confirmation, or do I now have to wait for my check to clear or will I get another email when payment has been received?

It means you have your spot unless you dont pay by the deadline specified in the email sent to you. No one on wait list will get a payment form so you can pretty much expect that to mean youve gotten in ;)

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#98 User is offline   Sorean 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27135

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:32 PM

Quick question--I didn't request a powerdrop when I signed up but now my studiomate wants to have one. Would it still be possible to get one? (I wasn't sure if this counted as a Payment Form Edit, since our payment form is correct with what we initially asked for.)

Thanks!
ACen '11: Chiaotsu (DBZ), Kusuriuri (Mononoke)
ACen '10: Korea (Hetalia), Riku (Eyeshield 21)

Mario sprite hats, cat ears and tails, Oh my! The Wunderkammer Etsy Shop
dA

#99 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

View PostSorean, on Dec 17 2009, 10:32 PM, said:

Quick question--I didn't request a powerdrop when I signed up but now my studiomate wants to have one. Would it still be possible to get one? (I wasn't sure if this counted as a Payment Form Edit, since our payment form is correct with what we initially asked for.)

Thanks!

yep email back with a request for power

M.A.P.S. Director

#100 User is offline   Sorean 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27135

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:56 PM

Thanks! So fast... XD
ACen '11: Chiaotsu (DBZ), Kusuriuri (Mononoke)
ACen '10: Korea (Hetalia), Riku (Eyeshield 21)

Mario sprite hats, cat ears and tails, Oh my! The Wunderkammer Etsy Shop
dA

#101 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:14 PM

I just got them all out (confirmations) , along with the special error messages for people who didn't have a badge or didn't pay for a badge.
If you have questions please let me know.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#102 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:17 PM

I have a question about the pricing. What is a show table? Is that like the actual physical table and then the $60 is for the space in AA?

#103 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

View PostKailean S. Krain, on Dec 17 2009, 11:17 PM, said:

I have a question about the pricing. What is a show table? Is that like the actual physical table and then the $60 is for the space in AA?

The Show table is apart of the Art Show, (the silent auction) which is seperate from the Alley but since the AA is integrated in with the AS you see them both in the payment form.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#104 User is offline   HimuraKiyone 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3323

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

I have a question. When we registered (at, like, 12:04 along with half of everyone) we got a screen saying that we would be contacted. It was not a waiting list screen. You just said that all of the confirmation email were sent out. We didn't get anything. Are we registered for a table?
Be sure to visit my Artist Alley table- Rubber Punk Producktions!
www.rubberpunk.com
Add me on Playstation Network! UN: HimuraKiyone

#105 User is offline   screamforme 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19321

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

woo! yay for being in AA!! :D
Scream For Me
From Our Nightmare to Yours

Cosplay for 2010
Obscure Kyo and Gothic Lolita

#106 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 18 2009, 12:22 AM, said:

The Show table is apart of the Art Show, (the silent auction) which is seperate from the Alley but since the AA is integrated in with the AS you see them both in the payment form.

Alright thanks. I didn't remember that we had signed up for that but apparently she wants it anyways so we'll just pay for that. Its on our sheet that we have one reserved apparently..... Also we have some people from out of state that are coming is it okay if they fax the signed AA sheet or would it have to be in personally signed...like I have to mail it to them and they have to mail it back kind of deal?

#107 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 38475

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

*does some wild and crazy dance* Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!! *running man* Ooo ooo ooo!! I think I about chewed my nails down to my bone nubs, but Otakumals is going to ACEN! <3 <3 <3
<3 Stefanie
http://www.otakumals.com
Otakumals - Japanese Inspired Handmade Plush Dolls

#108 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:36 PM

View PostHimuraKiyone, on Dec 17 2009, 11:29 PM, said:

I have a question. When we registered (at, like, 12:04 along with half of everyone) we got a screen saying that we would be contacted. It was not a waiting list screen. You just said that all of the confirmation email were sent out. We didn't get anything. Are we registered for a table?

Yes you are, please email me so we can get things straightened out.

View Postscreamforme, on Dec 17 2009, 11:30 PM, said:

woo! yay for being in AA!! :D

:thumbup:

#109 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on Dec 17 2009, 10:26 PM, said:

It means you have your spot unless you dont pay by the deadline specified in the email sent to you. No one on wait list will get a payment form so you can pretty much expect that to mean youve gotten in ;)

Okay, that's good! But I'll want to make sure my payment is received. Will checks be cashed when they are received (some cons I attend don't cash any checks until after the event is over), or will I be notified when my payment is received? I don't want to lose my spot because my check got lost in the mail. Don't mean to be a pain but I'm not going to drive 17 hours without knowing my payment is received and my spot secured =)

#110 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:43 PM

They are definitely processed with enough time to sort out any issues before the con.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#111 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

View PostLadre, on Dec 17 2009, 11:41 PM, said:

Okay, that's good! But I'll want to make sure my payment is received. Will checks be cashed when they are received (some cons I attend don't cash any checks until after the event is over), or will I be notified when my payment is received? I don't want to lose my spot because my check got lost in the mail. Don't mean to be a pain but I'm not going to drive 17 hours without knowing my payment is received and my spot secured =)

When your studio name or name appears on the website as an Artist in the Alley, you will know that you are in and your payment has been processed.

#112 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

Bad question apparently

*sits in corner with the cone of shame* I do not like the cone of shame...

#113 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

View PostKailean S. Krain, on Dec 17 2009, 11:31 PM, said:

Alright thanks. I didn't remember that we had signed up for that but apparently she wants it anyways so we'll just pay for that. Its on our sheet that we have one reserved apparently..... Also we have some people from out of state that are coming is it okay if they fax the signed AA sheet or would it have to be in personally signed...like I have to mail it to them and they have to mail it back kind of deal?

If you dont want that part anymore, please just send in the edit info as per the email.

You dont have to have them all sign it, if it is possible that would be good, but by no means would I be that cruel ever.

View PostKailean S. Krain, on Dec 17 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Bad question apparently

*sits in corner with the cone of shame* I do not like the cone of shame...

I was checking my email at the same time and must have missed it, srry.

#114 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 18 2009, 12:59 AM, said:

If you dont want that part anymore, please just send in the edit info as per the email.

You dont have to have them all sign it, if it is possible that would be good, but by no means would I be that cruel ever.

I was checking my email at the same time and must have missed it, srry.

If its alright then we can get it faxed and have them sign I was just making sure that would be okay. And as for the cone of shame its fine I just got a giggle out of my little Up reference because I just saw it and that part is amusing. :thumbup: ....is it wrong that I want to put the happy bday smiley on here?

#115 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

yeah if you want to fax it around you can if you want.

#116 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:11 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 18 2009, 01:04 AM, said:

yeah if you want to fax it around you can if you want.

Thank you much. ^_^

#117 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

*puts on her lawyer hat, with the devil horns and shark fin* Sorry to be possibly repeating some questions here, but my training makes me 1) overly verbose; 2) overly fond of repetition; and 3) have a pathological need to restate things as often as possible. So, just for the record:

1. Are signatures from all studio members required on both pages (payment form and rules contract)? Will the primary contact studio member's signature alone be sufficient for any signature page?

2. If all studio members must sign, are multiple identical copies permissable? (multiple identical copies = each member signs their own individual and identical contract page, which then functions as if all members signed the same physical piece of paper)

3. Are original ("live," in pen) signatures required of anyone (primary contact or studio members)?

3b. Will Acen/Artist Alley accept faxed submissions?

4. May the required documents be sent in multiple packages? That is, if I want to remit payment immediately, but can't get my studio-mates off their duffs to sign their papers that quickly, may I send my money (and my forms. this is why I'm primary contact, after all ^_~) first, then my mates' signatures at some later point?

Thank you,

Tokoz

#118 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:30 AM

View PostTokoz, on Dec 18 2009, 10:52 AM, said:

*puts on her lawyer hat, with the devil horns and shark fin* Sorry to be possibly repeating some questions here, but my training makes me 1) overly verbose; 2) overly fond of repetition; and 3) have a pathological need to restate things as often as possible. So, just for the record:

1. Are signatures from all studio members required on both pages (payment form and rules contract)? Will the primary contact studio member's signature alone be sufficient for any signature page?

2. If all studio members must sign, are multiple identical copies permissable? (multiple identical copies = each member signs their own individual and identical contract page, which then functions as if all members signed the same physical piece of paper)

3. Are original ("live," in pen) signatures required of anyone (primary contact or studio members)?

3b. Will Acen/Artist Alley accept faxed submissions?

4. May the required documents be sent in multiple packages? That is, if I want to remit payment immediately, but can't get my studio-mates off their duffs to sign their papers that quickly, may I send my money (and my forms. this is why I'm primary contact, after all ^_~) first, then my mates' signatures at some later point?

Thank you,

Tokoz

I can help a wee bit with 3a. He said that if you want to fax then you can but all signatures aren't needed...^ Look up like a post ^ I had a similar question earlier. That should be added into the first page though because that would be a good thing to know.

#119 User is offline   Tokoz 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18712

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:58 AM

View PostKailean S. Krain, on Dec 18 2009, 10:30 AM, said:

I can help a wee bit with 3a. He said that if you want to fax then you can but all signatures aren't needed...^ Look up like a post ^ I had a similar question earlier. That should be added into the first page though because that would be a good thing to know.

Ah, I should have been more clear. I took your question to mean that AA didn't mind studio members faxing a signature page between themselves. I was asking if that same page could be faxed to AA/ACen, instead of mailed. The question is sort of a corallary to the "are any 'live' signatures required" question.

Since faxing is faster than mailing, I would not need to nag my studio-mates as much if I could fax their signatures to Acen. ;)

#120 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:08 PM

View PostTokoz, on Dec 18 2009, 11:58 AM, said:

Ah, I should have been more clear. I took your question to mean that AA didn't mind studio members faxing a signature page between themselves. I was asking if that same page could be faxed to AA/ACen, instead of mailed. The question is sort of a corallary to the "are any 'live' signatures required" question.

Since faxing is faster than mailing, I would not need to nag my studio-mates as much if I could fax their signatures to Acen. ;)

you may fax to anime central, faxing is much quicker

M.A.P.S. Director

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users