• This topic is locked

2010 F. A. Q. Facts, Answers, Questions

#31 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 38475

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

I have a question.... and I am a bit unclear (forgive me).

5. Do I get a badge with my table?
No, you are paying for a table and two chairs per full table. Badges are separate and you must register for one before you can get a table. You will have to provide your badge number on the Alley/Show Registration form, or else it will not go through. (ie. Purchase a badge before reg for a table). I would suggest doing so ASAP! so you can get a cheaper price. DO NOT SELECT BADGE MAILING! you have to pick it up at con @ the AA/AS staff table.

Ok, so I REGISTERED today online, got a badge number ID, but I did not PAY yet. Do we have to PAY for our badge to get accepted into AA, or is REGISTRATION WITH AN ID NUMBER ok? I ask because I am not typically able to attend conventions anymore unless I am an artist there, and I would hate to see $45 go to "waste" around this time of year (that's quite a few additional presents for my daughter and family) unless we HAVE to pay now in order to be accepted. Please let me know ASAP, I just want to make sure.
<3 Stefanie
http://www.otakumals.com
Otakumals - Japanese Inspired Handmade Plush Dolls

#32 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 36095

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

I have a question kind of going off Otakumals, when we register do we need the badge ID for everyone that is going to be at the table at that moment or if at least two of us have badge numbers that are paid for can we just register like that then add the others on later?

Can I just register my group or would it have to be individual badges?

This post has been edited by Kailean S. Krain: 11 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

#33 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:15 PM

View PostOtakumals, on Dec 11 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

I have a question.... and I am a bit unclear (forgive me).

5. Do I get a badge with my table?
No, you are paying for a table and two chairs per full table. Badges are separate and you must register for one before you can get a table. You will have to provide your badge number on the Alley/Show Registration form, or else it will not go through. (ie. Purchase a badge before reg for a table). I would suggest doing so ASAP! so you can get a cheaper price. DO NOT SELECT BADGE MAILING! you have to pick it up at con @ the AA/AS staff table.

Ok, so I REGISTERED today online, got a badge number ID, but I did not PAY yet. Do we have to PAY for our badge to get accepted into AA, or is REGISTRATION WITH AN ID NUMBER ok? I ask because I am not typically able to attend conventions anymore unless I am an artist there, and I would hate to see $45 go to "waste" around this time of year (that's quite a few additional presents for my daughter and family) unless we HAVE to pay now in order to be accepted. Please let me know ASAP, I just want to make sure.

If you for whatever reason (found out your card is expired, don't have enough money right then, something in the REG system went wrong, etc...) do not have the badge paid at the time of registering for a table, you have 7 days before I will void your table. I will make NO exceptions past that.

View PostKailean S. Krain, on Dec 11 2009, 11:16 AM, said:

I have a question kind of going off Otakumals, when we register do we need the badge ID for everyone that is going to be at the table at that moment or if at least two of us have badge numbers that are paid for can we just register like that then add the others on later?

Can I just register my group or would it have to be individual badges?

Please see #54
Individual badges
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#34 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 11 2009, 04:15 PM, said:

If you for whatever reason (found out your card is expired, don't have enough money right then, something in the REG system went wrong, etc...) do not have the badge paid at the time of registering for a table, you have 7 days before I will void your table. I will make NO exceptions past that.

Ok, last question on top of that.... Is that 7 days after registering AND being accepted into AA AND receiving confirmation you are 100% in, or 7 days after just filling out the reg form and hoping you get in? To my understanding you fill out a reg form for AA, but I am unclear if it is first come first served (and first paid) or if it is by application and at a later time you will get a confirmation letter giving you payment instructions.

Sorry for being so difficult.. I did read all the FAQS, but it is a lot to process, and I would rather ask than assume ^_^;
<3 Stefanie

#35 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostOtakumals, on Dec 11 2009, 05:46 PM, said:

Ok, last question on top of that.... Is that 7 days after registering AND being accepted into AA AND receiving confirmation you are 100% in, or 7 days after just filling out the reg form and hoping you get in? To my understanding you fill out a reg form for AA, but I am unclear if it is first come first served (and first paid) or if it is by application and at a later time you will get a confirmation letter giving you payment instructions.

Sorry for being so difficult.. I did read all the FAQS, but it is a lot to process, and I would rather ask than assume ^_^;

If you get "in" but you do not have your badge paid, you will get a notice to pay your badge.
If you do not get in, you will get an email about being on the waiting list.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#36 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:11 PM

Please see #54
Individual badges

Sorry I read that but didn't seem to process it or I'm just going senile...despite only being 20 years old.....^^0000 Thanks though

#37 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 11 2009, 06:53 PM, said:

If you get "in" but you do not have your badge paid, you will get a notice to pay your badge.
If you do not get in, you will get an email about being on the waiting list.

Thanks a bunch! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy again ^^
<3 Stefanie

#38 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

View PostKailean S. Krain, on Dec 11 2009, 11:11 PM, said:

Sorry I read that but didn't seem to process it or I'm just going senile...despite only being 20 years old.....^^0000 Thanks though

The answer to your first question was in #54

The answer to your second question was that you would need to provide individual badge numbers and respective names.

:blush: Sorry I fell into my short hand for typing and I didn't even realize it.

#39 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 12 2009, 12:57 AM, said:

The answer to your first question was in #54

The answer to your second question was that you would need to provide individual badge numbers and respective names.

:blush: Sorry I fell into my short hand for typing and I didn't even realize it.

That's alright I got the general idea of what you were trying to say. Tis all good. :thumbup:

#40 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

Ok Mr. Voltaire, sooooo...

Just wanted to clarify this because it hasn't been plainly stated, and I haven't been to Acen for two years.

When we sign up for a table, do we have to pay for the table right away, or not? It sounds like there is a payment deadline, but I want to make sure that I don't have to pay when I register because I'll be out all day today and am going to try and register from my fiance's fancy phone, lol.

It's pretty late so I guess if you don't answer this by noon I'll just have to find out the hard way O_o; Oh wells.

(Also, you did put me on the mailing list :D Thanks!)
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#41 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 12 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

View PostViz_K Prince, on Dec 12 2009, 10:46 AM, said:

Ok Mr. Voltaire, sooooo...

Just wanted to clarify this because it hasn't been plainly stated, and I haven't been to Acen for two years.

When we sign up for a table, do we have to pay for the table right away, or not? It sounds like there is a payment deadline, but I want to make sure that I don't have to pay when I register because I'll be out all day today and am going to try and register from my fiance's fancy phone, lol.

It's pretty late so I guess if you don't answer this by noon I'll just have to find out the hard way O_o; Oh wells.

(Also, you did put me on the mailing list :D Thanks!)

I can help with this. Not staff, but I'm 99% positive that you don't have to pay for the table until they send the confirmation letter that you are in. Then you've got at least a week to pay. So since this is just the application portion, you're good.

#42 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16763

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

Soo, not to be too much of an annoyance, but... where is the signup form? We're almost 20 minutes past the purported availability time...

#43 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:17 AM

Correct

Short answer: No, you do not make immediate payment for the tables.

Long answer: The registration will include information on how to pay for the table. Due to complications with the various reg systems, it is not an online payment like badges, but a mail in form. There is a deadline for when the TABLE payment must reach us before it is voided, which is separate from the BADGE question above.

LinkJun - That's CST, Central (ACen) time. ;) Just a little bit longer.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#44 User is offline   LinkJun 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 16763

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

Good call =P

#45 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4073

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

Is it just me or is the form all messed up?
I am made of awesome: pure, unfiltered awesome.

#46 User is offline   Starchaser 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17939

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

View PostSpydie, on Dec 12 2009, 12:03 PM, said:

Is it just me or is the form all messed up?

I was able to register fine- but the state and country are coming up weirdly.

#47 User is offline   vivic 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19838

Post icon  Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

That went really smooth. Thank you Voltaire for the confirmation screen!! I wish all cons used them.

#48 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

Nooo I cant register im going to cry. My screen is all screwed up

#49 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:11 PM

View PostStarchaser, on Dec 12 2009, 01:04 PM, said:

I was able to register fine- but the state and country are coming up weirdly.

Here here! It's so easy to include and relieves so much uncertainty.

Good luck everyone!

#50 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

I can't read anything. This is what im getting

#51 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:14 PM

Showed up properly for me

email me a screen shot / details of the problem disjointedimages gmail and I'll try to help

include browser you're using etc
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.

#52 User is offline   Spydie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v506/Spy...=Untitled-8.jpg

im on firefox

#53 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:20 PM

PM'd you to make it easier

#54 User is offline   Ayu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 36608

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

Shows up fine for me and I use firefox too. *nodnods* I got the confirmation screen after too.
paprika carnival

#55 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

I have a question about the badges. It says that we need an ID to get them at the con but what if the address isn't the same on the ID as in the badge? Will that make things difficult or does it really matter?

#56 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

No, that should be ok. We're looking for full legal name and picture to match up with the person claiming the badge.

#57 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on Dec 12 2009, 01:37 PM, said:

No, that should be ok. We're looking for full legal name and picture to match up with the person claiming the badge.

Okiday thank you much.

#58 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

I think its odd... Some of the fields were marked with a star (which is normal), but when would you required a middel intial and not require first/last name? Also, why was suffix required? I put Ms. ...I know that isnt a suffix, but I didn't want to be Stefanie R Shall None, lol.
<3 Stefanie

#59 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

View PostOtakumals, on Dec 12 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

I think its odd... Some of the fields were marked with a star (which is normal), but when would you required a middel intial and not require first/last name? Also, why was suffix required? I put Ms. ...I know that isnt a suffix, but I didn't want to be Stefanie R Shall None, lol.

If you read the instructions, it said that everything with an asterisk was NOT required. I was a little confused at first though too, it's usually the other way around. Perhaps they are trying to make us read directions? <_<

#60 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:29 AM

View PostLadre, on Dec 12 2009, 04:25 PM, said:

If you read the instructions, it said that everything with an asterisk was NOT required. I was a little confused at first though too, it's usually the other way around. Perhaps they are trying to make us read directions? <_<

Read instructions?!?! Lol... You know what, as a web designer who works with form fields all the time, I didn't even stop to read the instructions... I'm just automatically programmed to fill out the fields marked with a star >.<
<3 Stefanie

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users