• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2010 F. A. Q. Facts, Answers, Questions

#151 User is offline   lavenderspikes 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18274

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

I will! Thanks very much :) At least I get to save $35...

#152 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20497

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Aw, shoot! I realized just NOW that I have to sign the rules/regulations sheet. >_< ...And I've already sent in my payment. Should I send another mail to you or email it to you?

Also, will we get a confirmation email when you receive the payment?

#153 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

View PostEmoon18, on Jan 26 2010, 09:13 PM, said:

Aw, shoot! I realized just NOW that I have to sign the rules/regulations sheet. >_< ...And I've already sent in my payment. Should I send another mail to you or email it to you?

Also, will we get a confirmation email when you receive the payment?

If you forgot to include that, there is a signature part on the payment sheet. If you signed that spot on the payment sheet and not on the rules form, then you are still ok. If you want, you can bring that sheet with you, when you come to the convention.

As for confirmations well to be honest with everyone, I am behind. I will have a ticket submitted later this week to get things up on the website though (free advertising :) ).
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#154 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20497

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:29 PM

Oh okay..whew! Thanks so much. ^^ I'll definitely bring the rules sheet at convention time.

#155 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:10 AM

This thread is everything I hoped it would be.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#156 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 36095

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:16 PM

Um..I know this might have been touched on already but I was wondering if the name that my table thing is under can be changed. The artists that are actually doing the drawing are in the process of coming up with a name for our little make shift studio, and if they don't get a name figured out I would rather one of their names be advertised then my own. ^^0 Guess I wasn't paying the most attention when filling that sheet out. I was kind of on auto piolet from filling out all kinds of other sheets for school stuffs.

Oh and flyingelf...your sig is.....epic

#157 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, our webmaster would be able to change it :)

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#158 User is offline   Kailean S. Krain 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 36095

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

Woot...amazing...any who...so when they finally finish fighting over what it should be who should I contact? You or...who?

#159 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

Either Phil or myself is fine (and since I make the change, you can just PM me). ;)
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#160 User is offline   Hellmaster Bean 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9131

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

Ok, I have a question. When I filled out my app I requested our table to be placed with a curtain behind it (along of of the sides I mean)

Is there any way to find out whether we got our requested spot before the con or not? I only ask because it will effect how we make out signs to hang

Thanks
Ya darn kids with your One Piece and your rock n' roll music! Get offa my Upper Yard!!

Cosplay for ACen '13
- Rarity: My Little Pony FIM
Come see my work at the art show! Plush bentos and Ponies!

Visit my DeviantArt Gallery for my latest plush creations and My Etsy Shop for sales

#161 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45051

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostHellmaster Bean, on Feb 19 2010, 08:19 PM, said:

Is there any way to find out whether we got our requested spot before the con or not? I only ask because it will effect how we make out signs to hang

Thanks

On a similar note, will we find out where our spot is pre-con? Or do we find out on the day of when we show up?

#162 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

Kefka It has been traditionally done that you find out at check in (day of). This is to avoid anyone making plans based on a layout that can be subject to change.
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.

#163 User is offline   LeetStreetFan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 19334

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Two questions: What are the official prices for the tables? And do you have to be a member of a Studio to get a table or can you be just a high school student with a parent?

#164 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostLeetStreetFan, on Mar 22 2010, 06:14 PM, said:

Two questions: What are the official prices for the tables? And do you have to be a member of a Studio to get a table or can you be just a high school student with a parent?

$60.00 per table (does not include badge price)
We use the word "Studio" as either, the obvious meaning, you have a company or organization of artists (ie. studio), or as a collective group attending the Alley Table to sell items that do not go against the policies set forth in the rules. So even a high school student who is accompanied by a parent or guardian can rent one.
Just a heads up though, the Artist Alley is full for the 2010 event.

#165 User is offline   LeetStreetFan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19334

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:50 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Mar 22 2010, 08:59 PM, said:

$60.00 per table (does not include badge price)
We use the word "Studio" as either, the obvious meaning, you have a company or organization of artists (ie. studio), or as a collective group attending the Alley Table to sell items that do not go against the policies set forth in the rules. So even a high school student who is accompanied by a parent or guardian can rent one.
Just a heads up though, the Artist Alley is full for the 2010 event.

I'm just preparing for next year at this point. Thank you much! I'm sure there are plenty of more talented artists on the wait list so I'll wait till next year. :D
I'll be attending ACen 2011 as Rapunzel from Tangled. This is my third year attending and I can't wait!!

#166 User is offline   MandyPandaa 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 45629

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:35 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked (it's six pages and I have to run to college class, ack!), but have the table assignments (the big map of where everyone is in the Artist Alley, I mean) been posted yet? I'm the only one at my table so I'm hoping I'll be near my friends. Potty breaks are needed! xD

#167 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

No, it has not. Typically we don't post the AA layout online (though that's subject to change if the DH can!) for various reasons - the least of which is last minute changes AND you have to check in before you can grab your table anyway.

Requests for being located to another table/studio should have been included on the request form - and I'm sure if you ask Phil/Voltaire30 nicely he'll check his current layout and let you know if you're nearby.

#168 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 38475

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

View PostHikari189, on Dec 14 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

The most recent hours that I've heard about are:

Thursday - Move-in - 12PM to 6PM
Friday - Move-in - 8AM to 9AM
Business hours - 10AM to 7PM
Saturday - Move-in - 8AM to 9AM
Business Hours - 10AM to 7PM
Sunday - Move-in - 8AM to 9AM
Business Hours - 10AM to 4PM
Move-out - 4:30PM to 10:30 PM

So pretty much what frzndagiri said plus when you'll be able to get there in the morning. :D

Of course there is the possibility of change before the con but I believe that the hours were the same or similar to this last year.

I appologize, as I did not read EVERYONE'S posts.... I just wanted to ask, is AA a Closed Alley or Open Alley? I saw there were hours of operation for the DR and AA, but they were different... So are they in same/different closed rooms, or is AA in a hallway? I'm sorry if this has alreayd been addressed, but I didn't see anything about it in the forum post.
<3 Stefanie
http://www.otakumals.com
Otakumals - Japanese Inspired Handmade Plush Dolls

#169 User is offline   Christy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 2434

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

The Acen AA is not a 24 hour alley so after hours you can leave your gear with your table, though DO NOT leave money behind and I would recommend that you store your stock under the table or cover it with a cloth as a general precaution. According to the contract terms, Acen is not responsible for stolen or lost merch but it shouldn't be necessary to do a complete tear down every day.

In the quote you posted, "Move-In" refers to the hours that the alley will be closed to regular con-goers so that the artists may set up in peace. "Move-Out" is the same but in reverse, the alley will be closed to regular con-goers so the artists can tear down. We always plan to arrive with enough time to set up during Thursday morning Move-In plus about an extra 30 minutes in case of delays or complications. "Business Hours" are the hours that the alley is open to con-goers for business. You will probably want your table set up and ready to go by the start of business hours. Setting up around busteling con-goers is a pain at best and can leave you open to shoplifiting at worst.

Could a staffer please confirm the exact check-in and tear down hours and AA hours though? The FAQ for the AA hours says "Same as last year" and the rules and regulatons posted do not include the alley hours or set up/tear down times.

#170 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

AA is in a large room with the Dealer's, cordoned off by draperies.

HOWEVER - we have been very kindly allowed to have hours beyond the DR (which gives them extra cushion to shut down / clean up each night and move everyone out of their area) starting last year or so...

It is as you quoted with early setup times (I highly recommend getting there early and catching some of the folks wandering waiting for DR) - just tell IRT you're AA and show your badge (though most are good about seeing you dragging all your inventory and figuring it out ;) ).

The hours were emailed to anyone registered: but a reposting can't hurt!

I'll put it up on the website (easier to keep the formatting) HERE: http://www.acen.org/Artist%27s-Alley

#171 User is offline   Otakumals 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 38475

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:29 PM

I would love to come on Thursday to set up, but I just can't spend an extra night in Chicago on Thursday ;_;. I hope to get there on Friday early though....
<3 Stefanie
http://www.otakumals.com
Otakumals - Japanese Inspired Handmade Plush Dolls

#172 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

I'm lazy, and usually set up friday morning even though I come in on Thurs. ;) Just make sure you're there during Fri setup hours, rather than after opening is all.

But hey, stuff happens, and if you can't get in early, don't sweat it too much.

#173 User is offline   Ginrei 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 45753

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:26 PM

I should be there on Thursday; I live nearby so it's not a problem! Huzzah!

ANYHOO. My real question is such: Is there any way to add studio mates anymore? I had a friend who kept going back and forth if she wanted to join... And now she does, but I don't think she can?? Thanks much and GAH ONE MORE WEEK. :wacko:

#174 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

View PostGinrei, on May 6 2010, 05:26 PM, said:

I should be there on Thursday; I live nearby so it's not a problem! Huzzah!

ANYHOO. My real question is such: Is there any way to add studio mates anymore? I had a friend who kept going back and forth if she wanted to join... And now she does, but I don't think she can?? Thanks much and GAH ONE MORE WEEK. :wacko:

We can deal with it AT con, since the REG system is down for transferring to con.

#175 User is offline   Ginrei 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 45753

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:43 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on May 6 2010, 10:59 PM, said:

We can deal with it AT con, since the REG system is down for transferring to con.

What a quick response! Thanks!

I have a second question: I chose to have my badge mailed to me, and I know that's fine and I just bring it in to swap for an AA badge, but I haven't gotten it in the mail yet. Do I need to bring anything to check-in and get my AA badge? This is my first time in the AA, so I'm paranoid about forgetting things...

#176 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Valid ID is required. Just explain the ID wasn't rec'd. Sometimes it's caught and not sent to begin with. But either way we'll get you sorted!

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users