• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2010 F. A. Q. Facts, Answers, Questions

#121 User is offline   Ginrei 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 45753

Posted 19 December 2009 - 01:02 PM

So we DON'T need to have all our studio mates sign, and they CAN be added to my list after I've sent in the form so long as the do it before April 23rd?? That would be lovely; I've still got one spot left open, and am looking for another lackey.

But huzzaaah~! First ever Artist Alley for me! :D I was so surprised at the amount of not-drawn stuff last year that I decided it might not be too crazy to have a table full of knit/crochet things.

#122 User is offline   vicemage 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10902

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

I got the "special email" about not having paid for my badge (as I have no intention of attending unless I'm in the Alley, I just can't spare the time and expense for "just for fun" conventions anymore), but I've gotten no subsequent email since submitting my payment. Will I be receiving an email letting me actually register/pay for my table, or did I just waste money on a badge I don't need? Thanks.

#123 User is offline   Kefka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 45051

Posted 19 December 2009 - 05:12 PM

View Postvicemage, on Dec 19 2009, 05:01 PM, said:

I got the "special email" about not having paid for my badge (as I have no intention of attending unless I'm in the Alley, I just can't spare the time and expense for "just for fun" conventions anymore), but I've gotten no subsequent email since submitting my payment. Will I be receiving an email letting me actually register/pay for my table, or did I just waste money on a badge I don't need? Thanks.

Same question as this.

#124 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

You need to read the email that was sent to you.
The answer is already there.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#125 User is offline   vicemage 

• Pip

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

I'm sorry, but where exactly do I find this "answer?" I did in fact read the message; for the record, this is the message I received:

To whom it may concern,

We regret to inform you that there is an error in your submission form to the Artist Alley of ACen 2010. This error is that your badge has not been paid for, or you do not have a badge number. Without a paid badge number your table request will be forfeit within, no later than, 7 business days from this date ( Due by: December 24th 12:00 pm CST). If you believe that you are receiving this statement in error because you have already sent in your badge payment or registered for the convention please reply promptly to artshow@acen.org with the subject line of ‘Badge Processing Status’ where the DH (Phillip Schmidt) will look over your account and any payments yet to be processed. In addition please include all pertinent information with regards to your badge or situation. If you have additional questions please send those to artists@acen.org where we will endeavor to answer your questions within 48 hours.

Thank you for your prompt attention in this matter.

The only "answer" I see here is that, if I got this message in error, I'm to email you, otherwise, I'm to pay for the badge. It gives me no further information than that, that I can see. If I am missing something here that I should be seeing, please do tell me, but I do not see any further instructions beyond "pay for the badge, or email us if we made a mistake."

#126 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

View Postvicemage, on Dec 20 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but where exactly do I find this "answer?" I did in fact read the message; for the record, this is the message I received:

The only "answer" I see here is that, if I got this message in error, I'm to email you, otherwise, I'm to pay for the badge. It gives me no further information than that, that I can see. If I am missing something here that I should be seeing, please do tell me, but I do not see any further instructions beyond "pay for the badge, or email us if we made a mistake."

If I understand correctly, this is what it means:

They are giving those that did not pay upfront 7 days to straighten things out. At that point, once everyone has had a chance, they'll be sending out confirmations. If people don't pay, then they will starting moving down the list.

I'm pretty sure that those of us who received that message will be getting the paperwork a few days after Christmas.

If you got that message and paid for your badge, you're good to go. Just give them some time to follow protocol and all that :3

#127 User is offline   vicemage 

• Pip

Posted 20 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

I hope that's what it means... I don't want to go home for Christmas and come back to find out I've "forfeited" my table because I wasn't able to submit payment before the 24th. :(

#128 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 20 December 2009 - 07:14 PM

View Postvicemage, on Dec 20 2009, 07:45 PM, said:

I hope that's what it means... I don't want to go home for Christmas and come back to find out I've "forfeited" my table because I wasn't able to submit payment before the 24th. :(

Don't stress it! So long as you got your payment in, I'm sure you are fine. Like I said, I also got the message. This time is also so that Phillip and crew can process the payments and things of that nature. Just enjoy the holiday, it's all good <3

#129 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:24 AM

We will be checking the reg system regularly to verify badges have been paid for. If after the 24th the badge still shows unpaid, then we will need to release your table.

Note that "paid" here means that you have fully checked out of the reg system. The charges may not yet show on your card, but you are paid and confirmed within the badge registration system.

If you are truly concerned, and especially if you did not have a badge number at all when you applied for the table (the number is issued before you pay so that you can create "groups" so it should have been included), you may email per the instructions above, and put the word PAID at the end so we can cross reference quickly.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#130 User is offline   Ladre 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 34032

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:01 AM

I don't remember what I did when I registered for badges back whenever, but when I click on badge info, it says "Paid - hold for pickup" that's good, right?

#131 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Yep! Perfect.
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.

#132 User is offline   vicemage 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:32 PM

When should we expect contact for paying for the table itself, then? For the record, mine also displays the "paid-hold for pickup" message, and I paid as soon as I received the notification that I needed to pay for the badge, which is why I'm worried that I still haven't heard anything back.

#133 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

The follow up with payment instructions won't be until after Christmas, as most of the staff is out of town for the holidays. :) So don't panic that you've been ignored/missed/had your app eaten by goblins.

#134 User is offline   vicemage 

• Pip

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

Thank you so much, that's what I needed to know. :) Happy holidays to all of you!

#135 User is offline   Joey Pacheco 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19810

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

i havent gotten a email and i got a bit worried :blink:

how do i pay for my tables/ is the dead line over?
how do u know if i even got in the artist gallery?

happy hoildays. : :shuriken:

#136 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

1. Did the page display that you were on the waiting list after you submitted your request form to be in the Alley / Show?
If your answer is "no", please continue to question 2.
If your answer is "yes", you are on the waiting list. So you do not have a table until someone else leaves.
If your answer is "I didn't look, but I still haven't gotten an email", then you are probably on the waiting list.

2. Did you receive an email stating that there was an error in your Registration for the Alley / Show?
If your answer is "no", you received your paperwork and you are "in" if you turn in your payment before the deadline.
If your answer is "yes", you have until the date listed in the email to pay for a badge. If you do not do so by that time I will give your table to someone else. We will deal with you paying for your table at a later date.
If your answer is "I don't understand", I can not help you any further and I wish you well in your future endeavors.
If your answer is "I am a panelist", then we are waiting to see if your panel is approved. If it is, then you get paperwork. If it isn't you will have some time to purchase a badge before I give away your table.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#137 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 24 2009, 04:45 AM, said:

1. Did the page display that you were on the waiting list after you submitted your request form to be in the Alley / Show?
If your answer is "no", please continue to question 2.
If your answer is "yes", you are on the waiting list. So you do not have a table until someone else leaves.
If your answer is "I didn't look, but I still haven't gotten an email", then you are probably on the waiting list.

2. Did you receive an email stating that there was an error in your Registration for the Alley / Show?
If your answer is "no", you received your paperwork and you are "in" if you turn in your payment before the deadline.
If your answer is "yes", you have until the date listed in the email to pay for a badge. If you do not do so by that time I will give your table to someone else. We will deal with you paying for your table at a later date.
If your answer is "I don't understand", I can not help you any further and I wish you well in your future endeavors.
If your answer is "I am a panelist", then we are waiting to see if your panel is approved. If it is, then you get paperwork. If it isn't you will have some time to purchase a badge before I give away your table.

Yay - thank you for all the clarifications and all your hard work! And make sure to take a break - it's Christmas Eve!
Have a Happy Holiday!
Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#138 User is offline   Joey Pacheco 

• Pip

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

oh okies. tat clears things up. :thumbup:

werid thing about my bagde is, i paid for it at recator but they never mailed it to me. thier not sure why.

but i got a temporary badge number i used for the forms. <_< guess im safe..

Merry Xmas!~

#139 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:12 PM

^ACen badges themselves are not mailed out until early-ish 2010 at the soonest.

Plus if you notice from the AA info elsewhere, you will be getting an AA-specific badge anyway (if I'm reading it right...), not a "regular" con badge.

Note: I'm not an "official" voice on this. It's already posted in the forums from the real "officials."
This space intentionally left blank.

#140 User is offline   Joey Pacheco 

• Pip

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:04 AM

ok last question and im done.

i feel retarded asking this but no one has email me with a straight answer if im even in the artist gallery yet. and yes i send them the right email.
im still unclear and NEED to know how to find out if i am in or not. :(

#141 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

View PostJoey Pacheco, on Dec 27 2009, 06:04 AM, said:

ok last question and im done.

i feel retarded asking this but no one has email me with a straight answer if im even in the artist gallery yet. and yes i send them the right email.
im still unclear and NEED to know how to find out if i am in or not. :(

Did you check post #136 (above) in this thread?

Did you get a message/page display of any sort on-line when submitting request form for AA? If so, what did it say?

Did you get *any* sort of email? If so, what did it say?
This space intentionally left blank.

#142 User is offline   Joey Pacheco 

• Pip

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

View Postobakasan, on Dec 27 2009, 08:20 AM, said:

Did you check post #136 (above) in this thread?

Did you get a message/page display of any sort on-line when submitting request form for AA? If so, what did it say?

Did you get *any* sort of email? If so, what did it say?

well i order my acen badge at recator, i havent gotten it but they gave me a temporary badge number.
then i got an email saying this about my badge:

You didnt get a badge confirmation, nor an error message.
So you have extenuating circumstances

thats the last of the emails i got. i just wanna know if im in or not

#143 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sales Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Section Chief
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

View PostJoey Pacheco, on Dec 27 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

well i order my acen badge at recator, i havent gotten it but they gave me a temporary badge number.
then i got an email saying this about my badge:

All the remaining forms that we had left from Reactor to enter have been entered. I'll PM you shortly so we can get you all the information you need.
Senior Manager of Sales
Anime Central 2011 - 2012

#144 User is offline   lavenderspikes 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18274

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

I have a question about the forms I'm supposed to fill out and send in for my table.

On the first page of "Artist Alley Payment and Signature Form 2010" it says: "Insert Additional Studio Members Names and Badge Numbers (up to 3 additonal for a full table, or 1 additional for a half table.)"

Does this mean that if only myself and friend sign up, (as in two people total) we will only get a half a table to sell from? Will we only get half a table if our names are the only ones on the payment sheet, or will that be sorted out after the final 'add studio members' deadline?

Thank you!

#145 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:42 AM

View Postlavenderspikes, on Jan 9 2010, 12:05 AM, said:

I have a question about the forms I'm supposed to fill out and send in for my table.

On the first page of "Artist Alley Payment and Signature Form 2010" it says: "Insert Additional Studio Members Names and Badge Numbers (up to 3 additonal for a full table, or 1 additional for a half table.)"

Does this mean that if only myself and friend sign up, (as in two people total) we will only get a half a table to sell from? Will we only get half a table if our names are the only ones on the payment sheet, or will that be sorted out after the final 'add studio members' deadline?

Thank you!

I am not an Artist's Alley staffer, so this could easily be wrong, but:

These are maximums for the number of tables you selected. You can hang out by yourself at two tables if you wanted to, but because you got two tables, you can have up to seven other people with you. The number of people you bring doesn't determine the number of tables you get; the number of tables you get determines the maximum number of people you can bring.

I hope this helps.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#146 User is offline   rewetzel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11628

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Are we allowed to post a "wanted to share an alley table" type post anywhere on the animecentral forums? And if so where is the best location for that kind of post? Thank you.

#147 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

View Postrewetzel, on Jan 9 2010, 01:20 PM, said:

Are we allowed to post a "wanted to share an alley table" type post anywhere on the animecentral forums? And if so where is the best location for that kind of post? Thank you.

Yes you can, any where here in the Alley subforum area. :thumbup:

#148 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on Jan 9 2010, 06:42 AM, said:

These are maximums for the number of tables you selected. You can hang out by yourself at two tables if you wanted to, but because you got two tables, you can have up to seven other people with you. The number of people you bring doesn't determine the number of tables you get; the number of tables you get determines the maximum number of people you can bring.

I hope this helps.

Correct, thank you :)

View Postlavenderspikes, on Jan 9 2010, 12:05 AM, said:

This was to show the amount of people you could have at your particular table request. ie 1table 4total people (includes you), 2tables 8total people (includes you), etc...

#149 User is offline   lavenderspikes 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18274

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:10 PM

Thank you very much! I didn't know you could get more than one table per studio and I guess that's why I was confused.

I just have one more question. I signed up for a power drop, but is that just a plug or is there internet available? I guess that's one of those things I should have cleared up beforehand but I didn't think to, and I only want a power drop so that I can have Paypal as a payment option just in case (I sell lolita and a few pieces are pretty pricy. If not, who do I contact to say that I don't need it/do I need to get a different form? Sorry to keep asking silly questions but thank you for answering them!

#150 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

View Postlavenderspikes, on Jan 14 2010, 10:10 PM, said:

Thank you very much! I didn't know you could get more than one table per studio and I guess that's why I was confused.

I just have one more question. I signed up for a power drop, but is that just a plug or is there internet available? I guess that's one of those things I should have cleared up beforehand but I didn't think to, and I only want a power drop so that I can have Paypal as a payment option just in case (I sell lolita and a few pieces are pretty pricy. If not, who do I contact to say that I don't need it/do I need to get a different form? Sorry to keep asking silly questions but thank you for answering them!

The power drop is just electricity, no internet is made available from ACen in the Artist Alley.
If you no longer require the power drop, please send me an email and we can take care of it.

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users