Anime Central Forums: Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures 2010 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures 2010 Whoniverse cosplays for 2010 unite!

#1 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:36 AM

I didn't see a thread for the Whoniverse yet so I thought I'd start one!

I had so much fun at the Doctor Who & Torchwood shoots in 08 and 09 I can't WAIT for 2010! I will definitely be back as Captain Jack Harkness, not sure if only for one day or more than one (yeah I said I'd only be Jack for one day the last two years....) As y'all can see from my sig I'm planning three new costumes, we'll see if I can achieve that! I have done Torchwood edition Jack (though I still can't find the grey braces, grr!) and I'm putting the finishing touches on my WWII Jack so I can enter it in the Chicago TARDIS Masquerade, but I'm thinking for Acen 2010 I'm gonna try and put together his Bad Wolf costume (black leather vest, white t-shirt, massive weaponry :D ).

So who all is coming to Acen 2010 and bringing Whoniverse cosplays? All three series, all characters and companions welcome! :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#2 User is offline   ElectraStarr 

• ADA Compliance Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 602

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

Oh oh!! ME ME MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Donna will of course be making plenty of appearances this year. Maybe even multiple wardrobe changes! LOL. I'd like to do an old school Who Ramona II eventually.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Special Needs & ADA Compliance Staff
Planned Cosplays 2014:
Friday: Madeleine- "Fantasista Doll" | Saturday & Sunday: Victoria- "Walking Your Octopus"
ACen Attendee since 2003
BookSavvy Cosplay

#3 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

If I was going to ACen Friday I would try to bring back Who...but I dont think I'm gonna be there Friday, and Saturday and Sunday im doing Shinji and Lupin again : /
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#4 User is offline   perditus_cor 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17829

Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

I don't have any specific Doctor Who costumes made, nor do I have any plans of making any right away, but I have enough stuff in my closet to toss together and Empty Child costume, gas mask and all. If I have the time, I may do that.

Though now that I look at myself, I am actually wearing something very much like Jack's Bad Wolf costume right now XD
Possible Acen 2010 Cosplays
Axis Powers Hetalia Prussia-100%, Turkey-100% Dr. Horrible Dr. Horrible-90%

DeviantArt

#5 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

View Postperditus_cor, on Oct 25 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

I don't have any specific Doctor Who costumes made, nor do I have any plans of making any right away, but I have enough stuff in my closet to toss together and Empty Child costume, gas mask and all. If I have the time, I may do that.

Though now that I look at myself, I am actually wearing something very much like Jack's Bad Wolf costume right now XD

Oooo that would be awesome!

While I am planning to try and bring some new costumes, the way I pack I'll probably end up packing WWII Jack again so it would be great to have an Empty Child! :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#6 User is offline   Rowan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20228

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:28 PM

I might put together a Union Rose Tyler from Empty Child. :3

#7 User is offline   Demon Slayer 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5413

Posted 08 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

If the shoot was on Friday I would be so, so, so tempted to go as a Weeping Angel, but I don't know if I want to make another pair of wings... We'll see, though, because everything else would be pretty easy... And I do want to cosplay as a weeping angel, one year.
My name's Mary, and I am a student from Chicago studying in Canada.
Facebook Cosplay.Com
---------------------------------------------------
Anime Midwest 2012
Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove), Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan), probably Belle

#8 User is online   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

www.chicagotardis.com
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#9 User is offline   Ghost 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6255

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

I'll definitely be there for the photoshoots with my Doctor again! It's going to be cool to see everybody again :D
ACen 2013:
Shadow Adachi - Persona 4
Jonny Ariga - Catherine

#10 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:39 PM

I'm contemplating doing an End of Time Master, but I'll have to get a wig because I can't dye my hair.
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#11 User is offline   Zanderpants 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 47340

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hey y'all. I haven't been to ACEN since '07. This year I'm coming as 10 and I'd love to be a part of this if I could. =D

#12 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

View PostZanderpants, on Jan 7 2010, 01:45 PM, said:

Hey y'all. I haven't been to ACEN since '07. This year I'm coming as 10 and I'd love to be a part of this if I could. =D

Sure thing, we'd love to have you!!!

So, for those interested, what might be good times for y'all? During the Masquerade is kind of out, because I'm sure some of you might want to enter and I prefer to take a during-the-Masq shift for my staffing time (GREAT people watching time IMO, and if we get the same room again, our office is perfect for it!)

Location -- last year we tried the Dome and ended up outside, then the garden which worked okay but it wasn't as scenic as I thought (since another group kind of squatted on the prettier part of the garden). I think, as nice as the Dome is, perhaps we should plan on that as just a rain backup? Apparently we were too loud for the press room. I will keep an eye on the room sets though and if they're not there again we could try the Dome.

Any suggestions for locations? I actually was thinking, we seem to be a small enough group that we could get away with the concrete circle that's between the exit from by the Dome and the parking lot entrance. I hope that makes sense. I had a private photoshoot there once and it looked great!

So, discuss and respond! :D

#13 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

If I can finish all my other sewing in time & make the coat, I'll be going as the 10th Doctor.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#14 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

You know I shall be there to take epic pictures of documentation. So that the government can just lie about them and cover them up and say they don't exist. ^__^

#15 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:08 AM

i might go all Martha Jones in this place lol not sure which series i want to do her from since she wears such lovely clothes ^_^ lol

ooh someone say Weeping Angel O_O i dare not blink

i can't wait to be at this photoshoot
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#16 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:13 AM

Those things creeped me out...

If it wasn't for the fact that I had a massive cosplay to do....I would totally consider doing Rose. However I already have scheduled cosplays for Friday and Saturday and since I don't have a Doctor to walk around with it would kinda be pointless..... :mellow:

Oh and Sakura you can totally pull of Martha! Just get her red leather jacket and you are all set. You don't even need anything else. You can just wear a shirt and jeans and accessorize a little. <3

This post has been edited by ~Sarah-Chan~: 08 January 2010 - 02:14 AM

#17 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:24 AM

I agree with Sarah, you would make a great Martha, Sakura!!! :)

For anyone looking for ideas or where to find costume pieces, check out the DW_Cosplay group on LiveJournal. They have great costume breakdowns and people will occasionally post lower-priced really close versions of major costume pieces (cuz especially Rose's stuff can be pricey, a lot of it is no longer made and sold)

I'm working on a Four scarf, I have the first stripe done (I ordered a skein of the purple to test knit) and now I'm just waiting on the rest to come in so I can continue. I'll be knitting my way through all the Acen staff meetings and class this semester but I will have a huge scarf by Acen!! :D

#18 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:05 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Jan 8 2010, 10:24 AM, said:

I agree with Sarah, you would make a great Martha, Sakura!!! :)

For anyone looking for ideas or where to find costume pieces, check out the DW_Cosplay group on LiveJournal. They have great costume breakdowns and people will occasionally post lower-priced really close versions of major costume pieces (cuz especially Rose's stuff can be pricey, a lot of it is no longer made and sold)

I'm working on a Four scarf, I have the first stripe done (I ordered a skein of the purple to test knit) and now I'm just waiting on the rest to come in so I can continue. I'll be knitting my way through all the Acen staff meetings and class this semester but I will have a huge scarf by Acen!! :D

Good luck with the scarf KnitChick! I can't wait to see it in person. You had better be able to drape it from the upper lobby floor and it had better touch the main lobby floor! I can't wait to see it!

Most likely I'll make mine in the summer when I have money and I have time.....

#19 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:13 AM

View Post~Sarah-Chan~, on Jan 8 2010, 03:05 PM, said:

Good luck with the scarf KnitChick! I can't wait to see it in person. You had better be able to drape it from the upper lobby floor and it had better touch the main lobby floor! I can't wait to see it!

Most likely I'll make mine in the summer when I have money and I have time.....

I can't drape it down stories in the hotel, I got in trouble for that last Acen with my 12-foot scarf! But we'll see, there might be an opportunity at some point (perhaps at a meetup) to see how many stories down it will go. I mean, my 12-footer almost went the entire height of the stairwell at my local library! :D

I'm thinking we need to have a whole line of people and see how many people's shoulders the scarf can be laying across at once!

#20 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

hopefully i dont forget i tend to get so caught up in things that i forget what i actually came to do ^_^ such a bad habit
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#21 User is offline   Zanderpants 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 47340

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:03 AM

I could also do Tux!10

#22 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

View PostZanderpants, on Jan 13 2010, 03:03 AM, said:

I could also do Tux!10

That would be sweeet! Tux!10 doesn't get cosplayed enough!

#23 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:59 AM

Hey, so, deadline to get our shoot in is coming up! No one is putting out any ideas for times so I will.

Is anyone planning to go to the Masquerade? Because my dept is doing longer shifts, and since literally HALF our department participates in these shoots (we're a small department, two of us cosplay and a third is our photographer), it's not gonna be easy to get to a shoot. But since reg shuts down at 6:30 pm on Sat, so does that location for our department, so I thought a 7 PM Saturday shoot might work for us. Would that work for other people?

Also, last two years we did two shoots. Is there interest in that? Or should we stick with the one?

#24 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9689

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:52 AM

not sure what I'll bring. I have so many ideas

I've improved my curse of the fatal death the Master with enhancements
curse of the fatal death BBC has put it up on Red Nose Day channel

I'm working on a few earlier doctors. 2,3,9 but not sure if I'll have any of them done.

the last idea is to do 10s frist adventure bring PJs bath robe a sword and satsuma (or orange if I can't find a satsuma.) I don't really make a good 10 so I hopefully can find a friend to put this on.

#25 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:33 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Jan 24 2010, 12:59 AM, said:

Hey, so, deadline to get our shoot in is coming up! No one is putting out any ideas for times so I will.

Is anyone planning to go to the Masquerade? Because my dept is doing longer shifts, and since literally HALF our department participates in these shoots (we're a small department, two of us cosplay and a third is our photographer), it's not gonna be easy to get to a shoot. But since reg shuts down at 6:30 pm on Sat, so does that location for our department, so I thought a 7 PM Saturday shoot might work for us. Would that work for other people?

Also, last two years we did two shoots. Is there interest in that? Or should we stick with the one?

Not going to the Masquerade. Thats a total way to kill a Saturday....

Also I think a Saturday evening shoot would be kinda nice. In all honesty I don't do panels and stuff. I'm more into going to photoshoots and stuff. Plus I totally wouldn't want to miss this!. So Saturday evening is totally awesome. Next question is where? I mean, by 7pm the Gardens will be too dark. There is the dome option but I don't know if anyone would want to go there.....Oh there are also the fountains outside of the convention center and those have overhead lights so it wouldn't be too dark.

Thats just my opinion. Obviously Im not a part of the shoot, however I want to get lots and lots of pictures and since my friend is going to be running around as 10 I do want to be there. And I miss seeing you KnitChick so I get another chance to see you!

#26 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:43 PM

Yeah I'll have to take a look. I haven't seen the room set yet, last year we tried the Dome but then the press people were doing interviews and we were bothering them. I'll take a drive down the street tomorrow night and see where there's lights outside. Otherwise, maybe the spot where the checkin used to be?

I'm not planning to do much this year other than staff, there's one or two panels I'd like to see, our photoshoot, and possibly a little time in video programming and tabletop gaming. Beyond that I'm pretty much going to be hanging out in and around the Special Needs Hyatt office with my knitting and my camera :) because we have the best people watching spot in the con! So I will be very easy to find this year.

#27 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:50 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Jan 24 2010, 12:43 PM, said:

Yeah I'll have to take a look. I haven't seen the room set yet, last year we tried the Dome but then the press people were doing interviews and we were bothering them. I'll take a drive down the street tomorrow night and see where there's lights outside. Otherwise, maybe the spot where the checkin used to be?

I'm not planning to do much this year other than staff, there's one or two panels I'd like to see, our photoshoot, and possibly a little time in video programming and tabletop gaming. Beyond that I'm pretty much going to be hanging out in and around the Special Needs Hyatt office with my knitting and my camera :) because we have the best people watching spot in the con! So I will be very easy to find this year.

Well then I know for sure that I can find you there.

But yeah I don't know where we could have it......there are so many places you can choose from.

#28 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

OKAY! I finally got a chance to check out the outside at night, with Carole, and we think the Garden is our best bet, with the East Outdoor Wall as a second best choice. Those are actually where we were last year -- Friday we got kicked out of the Dome so we ended up at the East Outdoor Wall, and Saturday we were in the garden. Both locations seem to be pretty well lit at night.

Opinions? If there's no objections I'll put in a request for 7 pm Saturday at the Garden, with the East Outdoor Wall as a backup choice. And perhaps the East Indoor Wall as a rain backup. How does that sound???

If we want a second shoot that's at a different time, speak up please! Otherwise we'll just do the one, unless we have impromptu photoshoots (like last year's last minute Friday midnight shoot in the tunnels...) :)

#29 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

I approve! (^__^)b

#30 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:05 PM

Okay gang!

I got a PM from cactusmomma, I hadn't submitted a form yet but she took a peek in here and has us in the Garden on Friday at 7 PM. Saturday at 7 is listed as a free-for-all so we could easily do a second shoot then.

Yeas? Neas? Suggestions?

I told her it would be fine but if everyone really hates it I can ask for a change. That's about when we were last year on Friday.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users