• This topic is locked

Dissidia! The Challenges await!

#1 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29758

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

So Recently i have been playing the demo that has been released on the PSN, and the release is not that far away! Been keeping my eye on this game since the day it was mention gathering data. Been playing the demo non-stop (Im not kidding i just keep playing over and over)

The game so far has lived up to my expectations! I was contemplating on Purchasing from overseas but i found it more economical just waiting for the release here! So a couple of you may already have a upper hand on skill level if you purchased it already.

Character detail, soundtrack, responsive controls, and from what i read a great story to the addition of Final Fantasy's with possibly sequels!

I truly believe this game could totally set up a tournament for ACen '10!

Share your thoughts on the game!

What characters are you going to mostly use!? What style?! And are ya ready to get ya arse kicked when the time comes!?

DISCUSS!
PSN Account- Eingau Please Go on and add me, i would gladly accept.

#2 User is offline   grandmaster-L 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18142

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

When I first caught word of this game, I got so anxious! I'm like a kid at Christmas who's birthday is on the same day, getting twice as many presents and it's just one night of sleep away!

I'm just itching with excitement to see what Sephy and Cloud are made of this time around. I am so ready! ^_^

#3 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

From what I played so far, Cloud is quite user friendly for beginners and goes sort of the same for Sephiroth! And they are fun to play! Though so far Im really enjoying playing Terra and Cecil! They have a nice feel to them!

Though im truly excited to play as Zidane and Kefka! That is going to be beast :3 Espicially a Kefka vs Sephiroth duel! a Much deserve brawl for the right man of Villainy! (I favor Kefka lol :P)

#4 User is offline   grandmaster-L 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Kefka is straight batouttahell crazy!!....but then again, there's something about that loon that I do like...

I am also looking forward to Zidane, Cecil and Tidus....OH! and Squall...damn he's cool.

#5 Guest_Street Fighter: The Movie_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

From what I've read, the player must level up their characters just to get basic moves which should have been available from the get-go. This deems the game non-tournament-worthy unless it's done using two Acen-supplied PSP's, two copies of the game, and identical save-data files with the levels maxed out on all characters (even the crappy ones, just in case), to ensure a completely level playing field. (I use the term "completely level playing field" loosely since the word on the street is that Zidane is god-tier and completely broken, making him about as balanced as Cable from MVC2) Also, the tournament would boil down to everyone huddled to peer over the combatants' shoulders, unless someone's willing to provide two PS3's with two PSP-to-PS3 cables, to make the tourney a bit more watch-able.

TL;DR: Not exactly the most tournament-worthy game.

This post has been edited by Street Fighter: The Movie: 25 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

#6 User is offline   grandmaster-L 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

:blink: ....dude....you really thought this out huh?...

#7 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

Having spent about an hour with the game on a friend's PSP who imported the title I must say I was rather disappointed. Playing through the story mode, not only did I get to select what character I wanted to use, I was forced to spam the most basic of moves because my character didn't know any others. I liken this to buying Street Fighter 4 and the only character available from the get go is Ryu and all he has is heavy punch and kick. But if you play through, level him up, he learns Hurricane kick...then you play another couple hours and he learns Hadouken. Basically they tried implemeneting RPG elements into a fighting game and it just simply does not work. Maybe somebody out there thinks that idea sounds fun...Personally I think it sounds tedious and boring.

I'm told that once you get into the game and actually unlock some moves and characters it gets more enjoyable, but I had little desire to continue playing until that point.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#8 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'll be going myself for Sephiroth and Cecil, probably learn Cecil in his Paladin mode, but SFTM is right, Zidane IS broken to all hell...I've played the Japanese version of it and....Let's just say he's the Marth of Dissida....
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#9 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Jul 25 2009, 04:13 PM, said:

I'll be going myself for Sephiroth and Cecil, probably learn Cecil in his Paladin mode, but SFTM is right, Zidane IS broken to all hell...I've played the Japanese version of it and....Let's just say he's the Marth of Dissida....

I think thats balanced out by the fact that you have to regulate yourself to picking a furry to actually play as him...So you win the battle, but you lose any dignity you may have had...Fair trade off...
Armageddicon!!

#10 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Jul 25 2009, 03:14 PM, said:

I think thats balanced out by the fact that you have to regulate yourself to picking a furry to actually play as him...So you win the battle, but you lose any dignity you may have had...Fair trade off...

LOL! Oh my god, man you just made me spit OJ, you and your antics...Swear I love ya man. You're right there though, I'll keep my dignity and not play someone broken.

#11 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

Well with the Tournament rules. The ACen owned PSPs would not be needed nor separate copies unless we go with specific world games. A file could shared or be put on Gamefaqs for all tournament interested players if they want all characters unlocked and fully leveled which isnt really a problem. And you could set certain abilities prior to your battle to help assist with your gaming style. So Tournaments are possible.

US version of the game is going to have added features compared to the JP release with rebalancing of characters and added abilities. So the Zidane supposedly being God-Tier should not be a problem if certain things are going to be fixed.

Now about the RPG Elements with Fighters! It makes the game even more so worthy of a purchase. Im into the fighter Genre so i could see where you just would want to pick up and start fighting. But i have read some things online like gaming modes and such. And they have an Arcade mode an of course the online battle mode where i believe you could pick default or raised characters.

Now the cables for the television view so battles could be seen would probably be necessary or we could use the code of Honor and hope that the contestants are Honorable enough to confirm their loss and wins. But the Cables with the PS3 an TV should not really be a problem.

This post has been edited by Ein: 25 July 2009 - 02:43 PM

#12 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Jul 25 2009, 03:13 PM, said:

From what I learned playing as Cecil, you would have to fuse both forms an use their quirks to give the other player hell. I usually transform into a Paladin to gain a little more speed and to defend myself in the air, while Dark Knight does the heavy damage!

So HaruHE a Cecil Vs Cecil is a most definite! >:]

#13 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

You're on, I'm a more defensive player anyways, so Paladin Cecil falls into what I need.

#14 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

yeah, but dark knight Cecil was so much cooler...
Armageddicon!!

#15 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Jul 25 2009, 03:53 PM, said:

You're on, I'm a more defensive player anyways, so Paladin Cecil falls into what I need.

The Ironny in that is i go very defensive with Dark Knight and extremely offensive with Paladin!

#16 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

While the Dark Knight I admit was alot more fun to play as, he lacks the key element of defense in which I thrive when I play vs games, Oh well, we'll see how it all goes down.

#17 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Jul 25 2009, 04:56 PM, said:

While the Dark Knight I admit was alot more fun to play as, he lacks the key element of defense in which I thrive when I play vs games, Oh well, we'll see how it all goes down.

Yeah that is true for all Dark Knights, they are quite infamous for being squishy and lacking with accuracy but full of power. So ill probably have a hard time trying to stay in that mode :3

Im Excited! You going down HaruHe!! and of course you will have to pick Sephy against my Squall or Kefka! (most likely Kefka)

#18 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

View PostEin, on Jul 25 2009, 08:47 PM, said:

Yeah that is true for all Dark Knights, they are quite infamous for being squishy and lacking with accuracy but full of power. So ill probably have a hard time trying to stay in that mode :3

Im Excited! You going down HaruHe!! and of course you will have to pick Sephy against my Squall or Kefka! (most likely Kefka)

So be it, may the best man win.

#19 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:12 AM

I played the demo earlier Saturday and it was fun. I love Cecil. :heart: He was so much fun to be! Kefka was amazing and crazy! I loved battling him.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#20 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

View PostLina, on Jul 26 2009, 01:12 AM, said:

I played the demo earlier Saturday and it was fun. I love Cecil. :heart: He was so much fun to be! Kefka was amazing and crazy! I loved battling him.

Uh oh another Cecil player! a New Challenger!!! >:3

and I totally agree with you on Kefka, love the way he fights. It screams his name lol Golbez and EX-Death are other good ones! and Cloud of Darkness seems like a tough fighter in the right hands.

#21 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

Golbez I'm sure will be a formidable foe, he didn't get nearly enough time on FFIV, and Ex-Death was just power overwhelming...I'll be looking forward to see what they can do.

#22 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

View Post~Sephiroth, on Jul 26 2009, 04:50 PM, said:

Golbez I'm sure will be a formidable foe, he didn't get nearly enough time on FFIV, and Ex-Death was just power overwhelming...I'll be looking forward to see what they can do.

True, though in the remake the sort of made up for that. The ending was great and more into detail than the original :3 But he is indeed a challenge just in the demo, im quite excited once i get an original copy.

But the only formidable foe you should be looking forward to is this beast right here!

#23 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

View PostEin, on Jul 26 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

True, though in the remake the sort of made up for that. The ending was great and more into detail than the original :3 But he is indeed a challenge just in the demo, im quite excited once i get an original copy.

But the only formidable foe you should be looking forward to is this beast right here!

Your overconfidence will be your downfall, you can ask a number of people I play games with, they get cocky then end up losing in the end, just concentrate on doing your best friend, we'll see who comes out on top.

#24 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

View PostEin, on Jul 26 2009, 04:47 PM, said:

Uh oh another Cecil player! a New Challenger!!! >:3

and I totally agree with you on Kefka, love the way he fights. It screams his name lol Golbez and EX-Death are other good ones! and Cloud of Darkness seems like a tough fighter in the right hands.

I unfortunately don't have a PSP. I played on my friend's PSP. I am hoping to get a PSP for Christmas or Hanukkah or buy it when i have more money. I dunno if I want the newest one or one of the older ones. I am also not that great. At least, not yet. Gotta practice first. :)

I loved Golbez! He was amazing! :heart: I haven't played against EX-Death yet.

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#25 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

an Actors strength is his confidence in his abilities and the adrenaline pumping through his veins! Good Sir I cannot wait for our battle!

But I am also confident your abilities will be great, which makes it more worth while.

Richter VS Sephiroth

The Battle of the All-Stars! :3

#26 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

View PostEin, on Jul 26 2009, 05:09 PM, said:

an Actors strength is his confidence in his abilities and the adrenaline pumping through his veins! Good Sir I cannot wait for our battle!

But I am also confident your abilities will be great, which makes it more worth while.

Richter VS Sephiroth

The Battle of the All-Stars! :3

A show of the ages then it will be, we'll need big screen TVs and commentators as well as luxury furniture for such a match. Yes, I can see it now, we'll make history.

#27 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

View Post~Sephiroth, on Jul 26 2009, 05:59 PM, said:

Your overconfidence will be your downfall, you can ask a number of people I play games with, they get cocky then end up losing in the end, just concentrate on doing your best friend, we'll see who comes out on top.

Obviously you've never played me. I'm a cocky mofo who backs it up with hardcore skills.
Armageddicon!!

#28 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

View PostFlyingElf, on Jul 26 2009, 05:14 PM, said:

Obviously you've never played me. I'm a cocky mofo who backs it up with hardcore skills.

Well, if you'll have the game let's have a friendly match, then a drink after, what do you say?

#29 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

View Post~Sephiroth, on Jul 26 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

Well, if you'll have the game let's have a friendly match, then a drink after, what do you say?

We'll have to find something to throw down in. Considering I likely won't pick up Dissidia...If nothing else you're still on for that drink, haha.
Armageddicon!!

#30 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Yet another game to add to my 'Once I get money' list. I'll also need to get a second PSP for my girlfriend, but that'll wait til Fate/Unlimited comes out.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users