• This topic is locked

Blaz Blue Wow :(

#1 User is offline   Itachi-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28855

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:50 AM

Ok so I decided to pick up Blaz Blue for the ps3 on a whim and wow what a disappointment I mean $60 for a game and you only give me 12 characters really. Not only that but through out the story mode their is no type of anything really it's all a story board going through still images and it doesnt even make you want to care about anything at all. Maybe it's just me but I think it's time to kill the game before it has a chance to respawn into any other form of money wasteing so called entertainment.

#2 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

Many fighters start out with only a few characters the first game. Also, it seems like this game is much like Guilty Gear, which had still images as well. I would get this one to try it out, but do not have a next gen.

Besides the artistic items you have brought up, how was the actual fighting? Was it a robust system, or did every character play the same?

This post has been edited by Suigetsu: 07 July 2009 - 09:57 AM

Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#3 User is offline   Itachi-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostSuigetsu, on Jul 7 2009, 10:55 AM, said:

Many fighters start out with only a few characters the first game. Also, it seems like this game is much like Guilty Gear, which had still images as well. I would get this one to try it out, but do not have a next gen.

Besides the artistic items you have brought up, how was the actual fighting? Was it a robust system, or did every character play the same?

I actually liked guilty gear but with this in my opinion all the characters really played the same to me I mean once in a while you would change it up a little with how some fight but it all seemed really repetative to me and was just no fun at all

#4 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

I knew I was right to stay with Guilty Gear.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#5 User is offline   Itachi-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

View PostHaruHE, on Jul 7 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

I knew I was right to stay with Guilty Gear.

Yeah very right lol ^^

#6 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

View Postjonkalucard666, on Jul 7 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

I actually liked guilty gear but with this in my opinion all the characters really played the same to me I mean once in a while you would change it up a little with how some fight but it all seemed really repetative to me and was just no fun at all

I hate fighters that play the same and each character is just basically a new "outfit". I feel your pain.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#7 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

In fact...There are already about 20 used copies back at my local gamestop, that was a complete red flag to me....When something supposedly so great gets traded back in so fast....That's a sign for me NOT to get it.

#8 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19171

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

I was about to go buy this today, now I have second thoughts.
The x-play review said that each character has a completely different play style, and it takes time to master them all...
guess I'm waiting for Tekken
My Deviant Art: http://yokaishinigam...deviantart.com/
Well since I'm part of the Spam Squad, *pulls out an imaginary aresonal of Spam Busting equipment that would look awesome if it were real*SPAM SQUAD HQ
3351 1113 6925 : my pearl friend code BYAKKO's the name
Youtube

#9 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

View PostYokaiShinigami, on Jul 7 2009, 11:24 AM, said:

I was about to go buy this today, now I have second thoughts.
The x-play review said that each character has a completely different play style, and it takes time to master them all...
guess I'm waiting for Tekken

You'd do well to stick away from this disappointment, I know it's a matter of personal tastes...But with seeing how well they did with Guilty Gear, I'm highly shocked this one was so bad.

#10 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

I hear this game es muy bueno!
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#11 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19171

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

Is there a demo for download on the ps3 network?
My Deviant Art: http://yokaishinigam...deviantart.com/
Well since I'm part of the Spam Squad, *pulls out an imaginary aresonal of Spam Busting equipment that would look awesome if it were real*SPAM SQUAD HQ
3351 1113 6925 : my pearl friend code BYAKKO's the name
Youtube

#12 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29758

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:29 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Jul 7 2009, 11:23 AM, said:

In fact...There are already about 20 used copies back at my local gamestop, that was a complete red flag to me....When something supposedly so great gets traded back in so fast....That's a sign for me NOT to get it.

Thats like the same for almost any game that comes out. Some people try to play the game an try to quickly get a refund like a rent or they are dense to only get half there money back (and there are a lot of dense ones).

I cant say that i have played it, but ill most definitely get it just because if it has the Guilty Gear feel then it will be probably a different flavor like Blastin Blueberry while Guilty Gear is like Wild Cherry.
PSN Account- Eingau Please Go on and add me, i would gladly accept.

#13 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

View PostEin, on Jul 7 2009, 01:29 PM, said:

Thats like the same for almost any game that comes out. Some people try to play the game an try to quickly get a refund like a rent or they are dense to only get half there money back (and there are a lot of dense ones).

I cant say that i have played it, but ill most definitely get it just because if it has the Guilty Gear feel then it will be probably a different flavor like Blastin Blueberry while Guilty Gear is like Wild Cherry.

That's just it, It doesn't feel like GG at all, GG was alot more stable with it's characters and gameplay.

#14 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

I will wait to see what my boyfriend thinks of it. We usually have the same taste in games and usually like the same games, so I trust his opinion. I hope it is better than what I am reading. :(
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#15 User is offline   Aiko☆Noble 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 22845

Post icon  Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

No wai! D:

I heard it was gonna be really good!
Aw man, now I'm disappointed.
Has anyone else out there gotten this game?
If so - is it as bad as I am now reading it is?

ACen '12
Gamzee Makara (Homestuck)
Prospit!Gamzee (Homestuck)
God Tier!John (Homestuck)

#16 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:58 PM

Well thats the thing, you cant expect it to have the same feel then you are going to be disappointed. I just want the taste of the creators, not a guilty gear.

AND if it was like guilty gear people would be complaining that its no different. Play it because you want to kick butt in the new fighter not because its the same as the others. Its hard to be innovative with fighters now a days. But this game from the looks of it has a new feel.

#17 User is online   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

Jamie just got this one last week - apparently the game has gotten really good reviews from GameTrailers and a few other sources. He played it for a little bit when he got it - just to get an idea of what it looked like. (Alas, since we also recently got Prototype, he was more focused on finishing that first.) So far, it meets one of his qualifications in that it looks much like Guilty Gear; we haven't played it enough to really give a solid review yet.

Here's my two cents, though - if you want to try it, try it. Everyone's going to have differing opinions, especially where fighting games are concerned. :3
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#18 User is offline   Stuckonharuko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9000

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

I picked up a copy of blazblue the day it came out and I'm still playing it today (and listening to the soundtrack in my car).

The character animations and designs are gorgeous, each character has his or her own style from the lolita esque Rachel, to the Otherworldly Swordsman Hakumen.
the only thing that trumps the characters designs themselves are the backgrounds, I'm almost certain everyone who plays this will fall in love with at least one of the stages.

If your familier with the Guilty Gear soundtrack, don't expect anything less from BlazBlue. The Special edition of the game comes with a two disk soundtrack that is worth listening through.

The playability of BlazBlue reaches far beyond the hardcore. BlazBlue uses a four button control scheme that may seem like a button mashers dream come true, but in reality the depth of the engine is what makes the game shine. I'm all for having a fighter that someone can "pick up and play" but it has to have a deep enough engine to keep me (and maybe the people that just picked it up because it seemed easy) coming back and spending the time to learn everything about the system. If you loved the fast paced action of Guilty Gear you wont be disappointed.

I guess in the end it just comes down to what kind of games you like, I'm a sucker for 2D fighters and I think Arc System Works has done a wonderful job with BlazBlue.
When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

My Member number is what? 9,000!!!!!

#19 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

I'm enjoying the game greatly, not sure what everyone else was expecting, but this went beyond mine... And yes I am a big fan of Guilty Gear so yeah. =P
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#20 User is offline   mattheinsane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 28503

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

I think the game's pretty sweet. It seems like they spent a lot of time putting some really cool personality to each character, and it's fun getting used to each character's playing style. Sure the roster is small, but it is a new series after Guilty Gear so the character roster will most likely build up over time if they decide to make sequels.
Little Maid Corps

#21 User is offline   Phantasmagoria 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17773

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

I bought it... and I love every bit of it. Sure the 12 character limit is a little dissapointing, but each fighter has so many different color palettes. I would love to cosplay Rachel sometime.
ACEN 2012
Facebook: http://www.facebook....alexandriaburns

FRIDAY: Chii (Chobits) SATURDAY: Yuna (Final Fantasy X) SATURDAY NIGHT: TripleSix (Soap Bubble)

#22 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

Wow, I can't believe people are complaining about this game. It's AWESOME so far.

Yeah it has only 12 characters, but EVERYONE is completely different. There aren't any duplicates. (*cough cough Street Fighter with a million "shotos" >_>)

This is one the freshest fighters I've played in a long time (fresh not being best game just to make that clear. Just new and good) The gameplay is extremely fun, it's difintely not a button masher. you need to know what you are doing to play this one. (You can hit people on the ground and/or juggle them in the air forever. Unless they know how to "burst" out of it.) the only reason why I do not have this game now is I'm saving money for a trip. As soon as I get back, I'm buying this game. It's really fun, and another good series on the market.

I reccommend this for fighting game fans. If you aren't really a fighting game fan you may not like it.

But if you know the difference from a Shinkuu Hadouken from an EX Hadouken get it. It's well worth the purchase.

And holy crap the english voices don't suck. If people are turning this in, heck that means more copies that will be there when I pick it up. haha

I would also like to mention this game is NO guilty gear clone. Sure, it has some elements, but it plays COMPLETELY different.

I'm a huge Guilty Gear Fan, and I'm glad to know this isn't just the same mechnics. Although it's the same as in it has a steep learning curve. XP

This post has been edited by XenoBlade: 08 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#23 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

View PostPhantasmagoria, on Jul 8 2009, 06:36 PM, said:

I bought it... and I love every bit of it. Sure the 12 character limit is a little dissapointing, but each fighter has so many different color palettes. I would love to cosplay Rachel sometime.

That would be interesting to see specially with the animal umbrella.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#24 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 18178

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

I'm loving owning the PS3 game, with special art book,
and not owning a PS3
-_-;

Any PS3ers around Grand Haven, MI? =D
"Hey all the meaningful plants, we won't last very long"
ACen '11 cosplay:
Red (Pokémon R/B) + Kouki/Lucas? + Ninten/Ness?

#25 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

View PostPokemon Trainer, on Jul 9 2009, 02:47 PM, said:

I'm loving owning the PS3 game, with special art book,
and not owning a PS3
-_-;

Any PS3ers around Grand Haven, MI? =D

You live on the wrong side of the state.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#26 User is offline   daegan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1417

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

If you really think the characters play anything remotely like each other, you either didn't play this game at all or just don't know what you're talking about.

You have Litchi whose gameplay revolves around zoning the opponent using her different staff placements and callbacks. You have Noel whose drive speeds up her game considerably. You have Jin whose game revolves around long distance zoning and freezing attacks. And then you have characters like Rachel Alucard and Carl Clover that are just out of nowhere insane.

The game is NOT Guilty Gear, but I appreciate most of the changes they've made. My one issue is that there are a lot of things that don't need yet another meter cluttering the screen but seriously? If you like GG you are CRAZY to not give this a try. Do not let the OP dissuade you, he clearly has no clue what he's talking about.
mbrosatellite.com : home of m-bro
articles about anime, games, and con life | BROCAST - a nerdy podcast | upcoming m-bro panels

#27 Guest_Street Fighter: The Movie_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

View Postdaegan, on Jul 25 2009, 07:52 PM, said:

If you really think the characters play anything remotely like each other, you either didn't play this game at all or just don't know what you're talking about.

You have Litchi whose gameplay revolves around zoning the opponent using her different staff placements and callbacks. You have Noel whose drive speeds up her game considerably. You have Jin whose game revolves around long distance zoning and freezing attacks. And then you have characters like Rachel Alucard and Carl Clover that are just out of nowhere insane.

The game is NOT Guilty Gear, but I appreciate most of the changes they've made. My one issue is that there are a lot of things that don't need yet another meter cluttering the screen but seriously? If you like GG you are CRAZY to not give this a try. Do not let the OP dissuade you, he clearly has no clue what he's talking about.

Troof. And complaining about the $60 price tag? OP take a look at this.

Yeah. $60 isn't that much for a port. OMG ONLY 12 CHARACTERS, not a bad roster considering they're all distinctly different and rendered in HD. Also, consider this: Out of GGXX's 25 characters, how many of them do you actually play as on a regular basis?

#28 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

i've heard nothing but how amazing this game is from everyone whom has been fortunate enough to play/own it.
the thread-starter is wrong. the thread-starter is bathing in a bathtub of wrong, in a house built the wrong way, on the wrong side of the street...

#29 User is offline   Ein 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:04 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Jul 28 2009, 12:00 AM, said:

i've heard nothing but how amazing this game is from everyone whom has been fortunate enough to play/own it.
the thread-starter is wrong. the thread-starter is bathing in a bathtub of wrong, in a house built the wrong way, on the wrong side of the street...

Heres Matt Damon

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4p4RWBCEFRo

#30 Guest_Street Fighter: The Movie_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Jul 28 2009, 12:00 AM, said:

...on the wrong day of the wrong week, he used the wrong method with the wrong technique.

This post has been edited by Street Fighter: The Movie: 28 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users