• This topic is locked

Wrestling. TNA, WWE, CZW, ROH, Etc.

#1 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

Since the one thread about Judgment day got some good responses I figured we'd have just have have a thread to talk about all the recent happenings in wrestling. Inside, or outside of the ring. Some of my top things to talk about.

Victoria finally got smart and left WWE and jumped ship to challange for the Knockout Title using the new name of Tara. (another WWE loss is TNA gain)

WWE just released Mr. Kennedy and Umaga (not exactly a smart move with such a small roster to begin with.)

CM Punk cashed in his MITB case to beat Jeff Hardy after his ladder match. (another show case of WWE not believing in their smaller guys.)

Batista wins the world title only to get "injured" by Legacy the next night. (either they are saving up Batista for PPV's or they just wanted to draw fans with HHH "return"
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#2 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Yay, for rasslin' and CM Punk!

I'm not digging Morrison's turn He's one of my favorite wrestlers and he really deserves a push but I don't like him as a face.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 14 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#3 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on Jun 14 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

Since the one thread about Judgment day got some good responses I figured we'd have just have have a thread to talk about all the recent happenings in wrestling. Inside, or outside of the ring. Some of my top things to talk about.

Victoria finally got smart and left WWE and jumped ship to challange for the Knockout Title using the new name of Tara. (another WWE loss is TNA gain)

WWE just released Mr. Kennedy and Umaga (not exactly a smart move with such a small roster to begin with.)

CM Punk cashed in his MITB case to beat Jeff Hardy after his ladder match. (another show case of WWE not believing in their smaller guys.)

Batista wins the world title only to get "injured" by Legacy the next night. (either they are saving up Batista for PPV's or they just wanted to draw fans with HHH "return"

victoria left mma huh? makes sense. she's a head liner. i don't about tna and wwe any more. i'm almost sure there is a talent exchange. i mean with christian and dustin going back and forth. not to mention scott, booker, and kurt. going to tna with out a fight.

then more recently gail kim. one of the biggest knock outs. switchs to wwe. victoria, the girl who is actually a mma fighter, is going to tna, a company that says there diva actually fight.

also they throw the name wwe around alot!

but any way mr.kennedy was going to happen. he's another rock. and umaga has no place any more. he's not the biggest, he's not the strongest, he's not much of anything any more. wwe has gotten rid of all the heavy guys.

cm punk is almost like a tall jeff hardy, or a clean cut edge. i'm happy he got the title. i mean jeff doesn't even need a title to get fans and money. he never needed one before. he's a super start by talent.

batista seems to always get hurt, and HHH will of course be champ again. he abuses his real power in the company.

but for one week, we had no HHH, no randy orton with a title, no edge with a title, and etc. it was nice. wwe did something different.

jericho was always a better intercontinental champ then a heavy weight champ. it's more in his league

kofi is awesome! if mvp would of won... i would have been mad.
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#4 User is offline   stringcheese 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 23104

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

I was super lucky to get front row seats for Dragon Gate. About a minute after I finished the purchased, they said front row sold out. I saw Shingo take out Takeshi Morishima in '07, and both had a fantastic match, so I'm super psyched for this event.
IRT Callsign: Dub

"We had our words, a common spat. So I kissed him uspide the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat."
-Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie (Long for Mud)

#5 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

i still wanna see some AWA. but i can't find it online
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#6 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

Victoria was pretty much wasted talent in the WWE IMO. They didn't use her character to her full potential and she retired. TNA made a smart move by contracting her and letting her actually show how good she truly is. The women's divison on TNA is so much better than WWE. WWE women's divison is a big joke. If we rewind back 9-11 years it had great potiental but now it's all about "eyecandy" more than talent.

The two smartest move the WWE has made that I will finally applaud them on is Christian and Edge. Before you boo me listen. Christian is a great techinical wrestler with a side of humor. He is a much better face than a heel, why? Look at the gimmick that he was given when he was a heel, he was given horrid midcarder storylines and I mean horrible. I never blamed him for leaving the WWE for his personal reasons and I pray that he screwed Vince's wallet when he was resigned back. The guy deserves it and heck he even brought back life in the ECW. Yes, I am one of his peeps.

As for Edge, I applaud the way they are rewriting him as a face, about flippin time. The whole heel homewrecker/wife angles were old.

I'd pay big money to see E&C back together once more. They totally reeked of awesomeness.

John Morrison, he needs a face fanbase. Ever since the MNM days...*sighs* come on look at Melina!

CM Punk, I'm sorry I am quite frankly not sure how I stand on him, cashing in his money in the bank right as Jeff Hardy won it...good move but come on, you should have cashed it in on Judgment Day in your hometown. It would have been waaayyy better.

WWE can do something with Kofi, the guy has energy that makes me even want to do that high five thing. Keep him away from Matt Hardy. As much as I love ya Matt I really think unless he can find a good gimmick to bounce him back, him will never be the same from the fire that you had when he has his whole love triangle publicly put in the open.

#7 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

View PostKasin, on Jun 15 2009, 08:25 AM, said:

victoria left mma huh? makes sense. she's a head liner. i don't about tna and wwe any more. i'm almost sure there is a talent exchange. i mean with christian and dustin going back and forth. not to mention scott, booker, and kurt. going to tna with out a fight.

then more recently gail kim. one of the biggest knock outs. switchs to wwe. victoria, the girl who is actually a mma fighter, is going to tna, a company that says there diva actually fight.

also they throw the name wwe around alot!

but any way mr.kennedy was going to happen. he's another rock. and umaga has no place any more. he's not the biggest, he's not the strongest, he's not much of anything any more. wwe has gotten rid of all the heavy guys.

cm punk is almost like a tall jeff hardy, or a clean cut edge. i'm happy he got the title. i mean jeff doesn't even need a title to get fans and money. he never needed one before. he's a super start by talent.

batista seems to always get hurt, and HHH will of course be champ again. he abuses his real power in the company.

but for one week, we had no HHH, no randy orton with a title, no edge with a title, and etc. it was nice. wwe did something different.

jericho was always a better intercontinental champ then a heavy weight champ. it's more in his league

kofi is awesome! if mvp would of won... i would have been mad.

Except that all of those names you listed were either out of their contract or never given one. Shannon morre wrestled their for like a month and then left. He wasn't in a contract at all.

That's because Gails contract was up and she pretty much did everything she could in TNA. Started out as really more of valet for Jeff Jarret and AMW. Then single wreslted and then pushed and pretty much help build the women's title on TNA. What more could you want her to do?

That's because they have the freedom and the balls to do it. They mentioned pretty much all the other promotions. Which
is one thing I've hated about WWE. Best example was CM Punk. Huge fan base from TNA and ROH. People knew who he was day one when he was in WWE and all they say is "wow everyone loves this rookie." I hate it.

But WWE needs Mr. Kennedy. He's funny, talented and a great talent. They could have kept Umaga too. They could have just changed him again. He was part of 3 minute before he was Umaga and he was still a powerhouse.

So is CM Punk. Punk has a huge fan base. It's not that I think he doesn't deserve a title. I'm saying that WWE is showing that they think normal size guys can't be world champions. They all have to be buff. Talent really means dick in WWE.

no argument here. I'm just wondering why

very false. Jericho has always had what it takes to be world champ. Heck he was the undisputed champ years ago. WWE totally could have used Y2J vs. Orton for many PPV's. Instead Orton beats him once and that's the end of it. His fueds with Cena was boring cuz well it was against Cena and we all know how they end.

True. But MVP is just as good. He is one of the most underrated stars in WWE.

View PostSongstressLenne, on Jun 15 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

The two smartest move the WWE has made that I will finally applaud them on is Christian and Edge. Before you boo me listen. Christian is a great techinical wrestler with a side of humor. He is a much better face than a heel, why? Look at the gimmick that he was given when he was a heel, he was given horrid midcarder storylines and I mean horrible. I never blamed him for leaving the WWE for his personal reasons and I pray that he screwed Vince's wallet when he was resigned back. The guy deserves it and heck he even brought back life in the ECW. Yes, I am one of his peeps.

As for Edge, I applaud the way they are rewriting him as a face, about flippin time. The whole heel homewrecker/wife angles were old.

I'd pay big money to see E&C back together once more. They totally reeked of awesomeness.

WWE can do something with Kofi, the guy has energy that makes me even want to do that high five thing. Keep him away from Matt Hardy. As much as I love ya Matt I really think unless he can find a good gimmick to bounce him back, him will never be the same from the fire that you had when he has his whole love triangle publicly put in the open.

I disagree with putting back E&C. Yes they were awesome, funny, and one of the teams that made the tag team titles almost more enjoyable then the world title, but right now I think both are fine where they are.

As much as Edge annoys me as a heel. I always have loved how he wins the title or keeps a title. (with the exception of the whole Vickie thing *ugh*). Even if he won I was always like "Aw shoot that little cheater.....but I totally would have done the same thing." He's a smart entertaining heel. And most of his PPV matches are worth watching.

Christian is in a great spot right now. He's never been a world champ in WWE but he has of course been in TNA. Plus with him being a veteran he helps out most of the newer guys in ECW. Example. His match with Jack Swagger was just awesome. ECW needs to mix old and new and I think they are doing a good job right now. Must better then when they first started.

Matt has always shined brighter when his brother is in the ring. Either against him or teaming with him.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#8 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2009 - 02:02 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on Jun 15 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

Except that all of those names you listed were either out of their contract or never given one. Shannon morre wrestled their for like a month and then left. He wasn't in a contract at all.

That's because Gails contract was up and she pretty much did everything she could in TNA. Started out as really more of valet for Jeff Jarret and AMW. Then single wreslted and then pushed and pretty much help build the women's title on TNA. What more could you want her to do?

That's because they have the freedom and the balls to do it. They mentioned pretty much all the other promotions. Which
is one thing I've hated about WWE. Best example was CM Punk. Huge fan base from TNA and ROH. People knew who he was day one when he was in WWE and all they say is "wow everyone loves this rookie." I hate it.

But WWE needs Mr. Kennedy. He's funny, talented and a great talent. They could have kept Umaga too. They could have just changed him again. He was part of 3 minute before he was Umaga and he was still a powerhouse.

So is CM Punk. Punk has a huge fan base. It's not that I think he doesn't deserve a title. I'm saying that WWE is showing that they think normal size guys can't be world champions. They all have to be buff. Talent really means dick in WWE.

no argument here. I'm just wondering why

very false. Jericho has always had what it takes to be world champ. Heck he was the undisputed champ years ago. WWE totally could have used Y2J vs. Orton for many PPV's. Instead Orton beats him once and that's the end of it. His fueds with Cena was boring cuz well it was against Cena and we all know how they end.

True. But MVP is just as good. He is one of the most underrated stars in WWE.

I disagree with putting back E&C. Yes they were awesome, funny, and one of the teams that made the tag team titles almost more enjoyable then the world title, but right now I think both are fine where they are.

As much as Edge annoys me as a heel. I always have loved how he wins the title or keeps a title. (with the exception of the whole Vickie thing *ugh*). Even if he won I was always like "Aw shoot that little cheater.....but I totally would have done the same thing." He's a smart entertaining heel. And most of his PPV matches are worth watching.

Christian is in a great spot right now. He's never been a world champ in WWE but he has of course been in TNA. Plus with him being a veteran he helps out most of the newer guys in ECW. Example. His match with Jack Swagger was just awesome. ECW needs to mix old and new and I think they are doing a good job right now. Must better then when they first started.

Matt has always shined brighter when his brother is in the ring. Either against him or teaming with him.

true, but why go to wwe when you voice how much you hate it? and when you were already on wwe. gail kim has been switched back and forth like 4 times now. and when you contract is over means nothing. if you a super star like all of them, then you pay the money to keep them...i mean scott? booker? kurt...i don't mind that one... oh and dustins black rain...he must be so pissed that he's always gonna be a freak, but he was on tna for like a year before going to wwe again, in which he barely wrestles. his brother, cody, gets his but kicked more then dustin wrestles...

and i'm not sure about that. tna, has no balls, other woulds they wouldn't have stolen wcw's nwo gimmick for going on 2 years now? and the mysterious power that be gimmick from wcw or etc. don't get me wrong, i love tna, but there just wcw rebooted.

yet, christian cage was at his lowerest when he left wwe. when he came back to wwe they let him keep his "instant classic" image as "captain charisma". cm punk was know, but you have to remember if your going to wwe, or like the late wcw, you are a rookie. i mean ecw wrestlers where treated as such every where they went. even booker was made fun of by the rock when wcw and wwe merged.(i love that clip!)

but there was a time when talent ment something,(mankind, golddust, vale venus, and etc.) then wcw fell to wwe, thus making them the biggest wrestling power ever. no one will ever be able to take them down. maybe years later.

and no no no... i don't dispute him being able to be a champ. i was saying he was always a better intercontinental champ. if you see his fights back them. when he was a cruiser weight and etc, that was classic jericho. now he won undisputed champ, which he brags about non stop, bur since then, just like edge, they made them whiny cry baby cheaters. now i like edge, but i'm for a E&C reunion. edge needs some of christians momentum. edge was a great wrestler at one time, not a cheater or "that title is my life".

matt and jeff, on the other hand, should never be put back together unless to go agains E&C. i mean enemies? yes. partners? no. jeff is way better with out matt.

and mvp is not that good...power wise yes. but kofi vs. ray mysterio? yeah, they need to bring back cruiser weights.

oh and christian just won ecw champ... then tommy dreamer took it, which was very fitting since he will retire soon.

This post has been edited by Kasin: 16 June 2009 - 02:06 AM

#9 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:21 AM

Anyone miss the days of the Hardcore title 24/7 rule?

I vote to bring it back ^_^

#10 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on Jun 16 2009, 06:21 AM, said:

Anyone miss the days of the Hardcore title 24/7 rule?

I vote to bring it back ^_^

This^

the main reason i used to watch wrestling was Jeff, the TLC matches etc
now i barely watch it
unless its like backyard wrestlin gbut that probably doenst count

wat did you alll think of the vince mcmahon Car explosion thing
Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#11 User is offline   stringcheese 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:54 PM

View Postchamere, on Jun 16 2009, 09:10 PM, said:

wat did you alll think of the vince mcmahon Car explosion thing

Dumb. Stupid. Practically anything could have been better than that. Afterwords I told my friends that the WWE is going to have to cross their legs and hope that someone from their company doesn't REALLY die. Sure enough 2 weeks later, the Benoit incident happens.

This, and many other things is why I don't watch WWE anymore. They go over the line way too many times, or do things that make them end up looking really stupid. Remember the Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donnel "match" that they had? Sure did get TNA's name out there.

Also, TNA and the word trainwreck are synonymous with each other.

"We had our words, a common spat. So I kissed him uspide the cranium with an aluminum baseball bat."

#12 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:52 AM

yay! tommy signed a one year contract!

and to bring back the hardcore title. you need the title and stuff.

which edge and foley own

#13 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Anyone going to be going to that ECW/Smackdown show in Valparaiso on Monday the 22nd?
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#14 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

Can't. Don't have the money. And how they heck are they gonna bring back the Hardcore title while they want to have a pg rating? Bottom line, Anything but "hardcore" matches. Also Kasin everyone always has factions. That's all MEM are. They are just different then others. Just like how HHH, Orton, Batista and Flair were a unique faction.

#15 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on Jun 19 2009, 04:10 PM, said:

Can't. Don't have the money. And how they heck are they gonna bring back the Hardcore title while they want to have a pg rating? Bottom line, Anything but "hardcore" matches. Also Kasin everyone always has factions. That's all MEM are. They are just different then others. Just like how HHH, Orton, Batista and Flair were a unique faction.

true, but there is a difference between a fraction and a nwo rip off.

fraction are, b ut not limited to:

4 horse men.
the lumberjacks
ecw originals
legacy
evolution
paul e. dangerous fraction on wcw, i forgot the name.
the legion of destruction? i don't remember, but they wanted to beat hogan. they basically became the 4 horsemen.

not nwo rip offs (meaning a few newbies coming and trying to monoplize the title and/or take the company over using dirty tricks normally)

NWO white
NWO red/wolf pack
NWO silver

the corperation
the ministry
the corperate ministry

DX (which we all know that dx was nwo. but there was a plan to have the 2 combine and call it the cliq. openly admitting to the on screen error of friends hugging. which ironically cost HHH the attitude era since he was punished and the push went to stone cold. making HHH wait a very long time for gold. Yet, do to injuried from scott and kevin, HHH pedegreed HBK in w story rewrite)

WCW/ECW invasion (basically NWO on WWE)

the new bloods (both wcw and wwe:ecw)

and now MEM and frontline

#16 User is offline   Azzy Kurita 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7579
  • Location:Green Bay, WI and currently recruiting folks for my Fantasy Football leagues.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

At the very least, they should consider bringing back the Cruiserweight Championship.
"In American football, even when the opponent scores 99 points, we'll win if we score 100 points. The most important thing in American football is offense."
-- Hiruma, Eyeshield 21

I am very much single and looking. ;P

Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate

Come to KitsuneKon!

#17 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

To be honest, I lost interest when WCW went under. ;/
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#18 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

View PostAzzy Kurita, on Jun 23 2009, 01:07 AM, said:

At the very least, they should consider bringing back the Cruiserweight Championship.

yes cruiser weight, and light weight, heck i say bring back the european title for ecw or something.

maybe a tv title

View PostHaruHE, on Jun 23 2009, 01:57 AM, said:

To be honest, I lost interest when WCW went under. ;/

right! there was a reason why wcw went under as well...

#19 User is offline   stringcheese 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

View PostAzzy Kurita, on Jun 23 2009, 01:07 AM, said:

Oh god no, WWE's version of a "Cruiserweight" division was an absolute joke. Especially since they were getting slaughtered by TNA's X-Division at the time, which unfortunately now has also become a complete joke.

Speaking of which, is anyone else besides me attending the ROH show next weekend? The lineup looks amazing with two high-profile matches in store.

#20 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:23 AM

didn't cruiser weight go out right before x diviison started? :huh:

#21 User is offline   stringcheese 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

View PostKasin, on Jun 23 2009, 11:23 AM, said:

didn't cruiser weight go out right before x diviison started? :huh:

The title was last seen in 2007 with it's official retirement in 2008. It's last champion was Hornswoggle. <_<

The X-Division got really hot in 2005. That's when you had AJ Styles, Chris Sabin, Petey Williams, and Chris Daniels really pulling out all the stops. Then along came Joe and things got even hotter.

X-Division started to die in late '07, ironically after WWE scrapped the Cruiserweight division.

Heck, I got a "Best of TNA's X-Division" DVD lying somewhere in my house. Probably should pop it in and re-watch some of it.

#22 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

i thought so. and once more and strange link between the two. wwe if more for the famous and the big people.

tna is for the cruiser weights but they have about 8 legendary main eventer, kurt, sting, jeff, mick, scott, booker, and the dudley's.

i really mean it. i wouldn't be shocked if there was a link netween the 2.

#23 User is offline   stringcheese 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

View PostKasin, on Jun 23 2009, 11:47 AM, said:

i thought so. and once more and strange link between the two. wwe if more for the famous and the big people.

tna is for the cruiser weights but they have about 8 legendary main eventer, kurt, sting, jeff, mick, scott, booker, and the dudley's.

i really mean it. i wouldn't be shocked if there was a link netween the 2.

I wouldn't really say there is a link between the two companies. TNA is just doing the exact same thing that made WCW go bankrupt, but thats what happens when you have Vince Russo writing storylines for the company, and then having Kurt Angle and many other wrestlers wanting creative control of their character.

Now, if you wanna hear someone REALLY rant on TNA, check this out (it's a couple of months old, but it's still pretty relevant): http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cUDsFIv-oSE

#24 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:09 PM

is it true that they can't even beat ecw ratings?

#25 User is offline   stringcheese 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

View PostKasin, on Jun 23 2009, 03:09 PM, said:

is it true that they can't even beat ecw ratings?

I usually don't concern myself with ratings, but I would assume that both TNA and ECW pull about the same. ECW might edge out TNA from time to time though.

#26 User is offline   Azzy Kurita 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7579
  • Location:Green Bay, WI and currently recruiting folks for my Fantasy Football leagues.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

I just saw ECW tonight. I think they may be bringing back The Hurricane.
"In American football, even when the opponent scores 99 points, we'll win if we score 100 points. The most important thing in American football is offense."
-- Hiruma, Eyeshield 21

I am very much single and looking. ;P

Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate

Come to KitsuneKon!

#27 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:12 PM

I'm just glad one of my friends found a web site that streams the pay per views for free. otherwise I wouldn't be watching any of it.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#28 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

View PostLord Warhammer, on Jun 23 2009, 08:12 PM, said:

I'm just glad one of my friends found a web site that streams the pay per views for free. otherwise I wouldn't be watching any of it.

could you PM me said site ^^
Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#29 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:16 PM

I don't watch wrestling anymore but as a kid my mom took me to The King of the Ring in Dayton Ohio where I watched Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Bam Bam Bigalow, Owen Hart, The undertaker, Mr perfect, Crush, Hacksaw jim Duggan, Tatanka, Lex Luger, Yokozuna, The million dollar man and IRS!!!! all wreslte and it was awesome. I imagine you would be hard pressed to find a better wrestling event with so many good matches =D
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#30 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:41 AM

View PostGiveUpTheGhost, on Jun 24 2009, 12:16 AM, said:

I don't watch wrestling anymore but as a kid my mom took me to The King of the Ring in Dayton Ohio where I watched Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Bam Bam Bigalow, Owen Hart, The undertaker, Mr perfect, Crush, Hacksaw jim Duggan, Tatanka, Lex Luger, Yokozuna, The million dollar man and IRS!!!! all wreslte and it was awesome. I imagine you would be hard pressed to find a better wrestling event with so many good matches =D

that sounds like a epic one

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users