• This topic is locked

Ragnarok Online '10

#1 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 21578

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:49 AM

So 09 we had a nice sudden gathering, and I thought it'd be awesome if this year we have a wonderful official gathering! I know its super early to plan but might as well have it done early!
Anyway, if anyone is interested, please post here! Perhaps we could gather at some other con as well (I'm going to Anime Iowa in August with my RO stuffs) or even resort to playing the game together!
Just want to get an official group together for the midwest! Because that would be awesome.
I'm planning on hopefully getting a SinX cosplay together, but if not I can just fall back on Arch Bishop and Scholar.
Agharta - A Ragnarok Roleplaying Community
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop
female main character - P3P

#2 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

bumpy!
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#3 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 23668

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

I had my HP costume this past ACen I just didn't get the chance to wear it :[

Anyway, I'm working on new RO costumes. First up is High Wizard, then probably Professor or something xD

I have like most of the trans and thirds on my long list of costumes to do. What server do you all play btw?
<3 I'm the owner of Spooky Designs. Check out my deviant art. I also go to this sweet convention called Youmacon, you should try to go sometime<3
<3 Ohayocon 2012 Cosplays:
Chloe Brennan, Steampunk: 100%??||Kaylee, Firefly: 100%||

<3 Attending ACen with Crimson Chain Leatherworks.

#4 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

Random servers mostly :x I think we were going to try to get together on Valk or perhaps some random private. Not quite sure 8D;;

I'm currently working on a sinx costume for next year (and anime iowa this year)
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#5 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

View PostTande, on May 22 2009, 11:31 AM, said:

Random servers mostly :x I think we were going to try to get together on Valk or perhaps some random private. Not quite sure 8D;;

I'm currently working on a sinx costume for next year (and anime iowa this year)

You're welcome to play the server I GM for :] We're low rate, 13/13/5 and not that much custom crap. Our Endless Tower comes in this coming Tuesday too!

http://legendro.net

This post has been edited by Spooky Elric: 22 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

<3 I'm the owner of Spooky Designs. Check out my deviant art. I also go to this sweet convention called Youmacon, you should try to go sometime<3

#6 User is offline   Zealous 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15345

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

Way to take the initiative Tande! *Buffs Please?*

I had a blast this year, especially our impromptu photoshoot Saturday. If we can get 2 High Priests, an Arc Bishop (I call hax Tande, that class isn't even released yet XD), an Assassin Cross, an alchemist, 2 stalker a kafra and a Lord Knight together out of the blue....well we have a true testament to Ragnarok's popularity! Everyone present did a wonderful job cosplaying.

Elric, a High Wizard sounds awesome! I don't think I've ever seen one at a U.S. based con. Let's make ACEN 2010 one to remember! Anyone who's getting an RO related cosplay together please post here throughout the year: we'd love to see any progress you guys are making or help with tips. On a side note does anyone have any idea where to find the red sun-like emblem on a Lord Knight's belt?

Lord Knight

Peace!

--+ Z e a l o u s +--
Acen 2010'

Cosplay Projects :

Ragnarok Online-Lord Knight

-

#7 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

Could always make it...I have a lot of wonderflex left over from my sinx project, could actually make it for you. It's the trans medal, right? I'll need one for myself as well if so. It wouldn't be too hard to make either, its just getting the wonderflex sanded down to where it doesn't show is sort of annoying, but I have quite a bit of friendly plastic that I didn't use that I could use to smooth....yeah. ;D

As for progress with my sinx cosplay for anime iowa, here's what i got so far:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E.../Picture320.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E.../Picture316.jpg

The feetsies are the best part...
Tomorrow I'll go to the hobby store to get string so i can superglue that on so I have something to actually attach it to my body with. Other than that, I just have a bit of sewing to do (which I suck at) and fixing up the scarf and bottom swimsuit part and it'll be done. Huzzah.
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#8 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:25 PM

I haven't gotten started on my HW yet. I was hoping to have a HW or Prof done for Youma then I can make the finishing adjustments after but I don't have the time/money. So here's to hoping I have it done for Ohayocon! I know I won't have the time AFTER Ohayocon to make it :[

#9 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:50 PM

What progress I've made today on the sinx stuff!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E.../Picture323.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E.../Picture324.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E.../Picture325.jpg

Armor so far, actually redoing it. Covering it in caulk and then sanding that down, at the moment its too flimsy and the wonderflex shows through. Ughu.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E.../Picture320.jpg

Can't wait for acen next year, and wearing it to anime iowa this year!
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#10 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9449

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:21 AM

I might be able to make a swordsman or knight cosplay this year.
Possible Cosplay for 2013:
-Wrex - Mass Effect
Planned Cosplay for 2013:
-Salvador - Borderlands 2
Returning Cosplay:
-Mobile Suit Mechanic - Mobile Suit Gundam
Future/Ongoing construction Cosplay
-Zaku II - Mobile Suit Gundam

#11 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

bumping a bit!
Thinking about an early afternoon saturday gathering time, depending on others plans...

Hoping to get my friend to do a high wizard so we have some AoE...

Mwahahahaha.
And I'll be ready with my arch bishop.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E...09/100_0943.jpg
mounting the ACEN truck and EVERYTHING.

This post has been edited by Tande: 07 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#12 User is offline   PhantomNinja 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 30160

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

My friends and I are going to cosplay as our guild. I'm going as a high priest, and I've also got 2 lord knights, a sincross, a ninja, and an archer (all female guild).

#13 User is offline   Teh Lady Cake 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 48101

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

Damn. I would love to do a cosplay from RO. I know my boyfriend would love it too. We both play on a private RP server. Our rates are a sad: 2/2/2 (4/4/4 on weekends). We're also developing class combinations like Knight-Wizard for Magiknight. (People love them.)

>.< I want to cosplay an Arc-Bishop now.

~ *ACen 2010* ~
*No Cosplay for this Year!*

#14 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Yo!
>w< I'm totally excited for this now...even though its May.

As for my costume I may be doing a SinX, depending on a few things.

Fiancee will be a Soul Linker. He's only played a few times but he really likes the outfit and wants to take part. I told him he's gonna look like a hobo with dutch shoes...he said that's alright.
ANYWAY.

I have a friend who is also going has a high wiz, hopefully. Just some costume edits and it should be good.

If anyone wants to, you can hit me up to borrow a costume, I have many. I'm small though, so it might be hard to find someone my size (5'3", 110 lbs, small bust), but I'm alright with letting people borrow outfits I never get to wear. What I have to hand out are: Professor (Very small around the bust area), Hunter (actually way too big for me, its a medium size. The only thing missing is a simple pair of black gym shorts for the shorts underneath the skirt), and possibly Arch Bishop (although this one is my baby, dunno if I will lend it out).
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#15 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

I'm probably not going to have any RO costumes this year :[ I'm still working towards a professor and a high wizard costume but I've got like 5 costumes on my plate right now x.x

I'll try to come to the photoshoot though!

#16 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

This gathering will be going into the programming book as:
Garden, 4:30 pm on Friday

Here is a topic with the main schedule, as well as a link to a topic with pictures and maps to the gathering areas.
http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=33837

Any questions? Just pm me!

#17 Guest_kidd_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:51 PM

My boyfriend and I noticed that their was gonna be a ragnarok online photoshoot, and we decided that want to cosplay from it as well.

He's gonna be a Mastersmith and i'm gonna be an Alchemist. =]

we also play on Valkyrie as well, but i don't play a lot cuz of school.

I'm Serene Ki, fyi. =D

#18 User is offline   Zealous 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15345

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:17 PM

View Postkidd, on Mar 14 2010, 11:51 PM, said:

My boyfriend and I noticed that their was gonna be a ragnarok online photoshoot, and we decided that want to cosplay from it as well.

He's gonna be a Mastersmith and i'm gonna be an Alchemist. =]

we also play on Valkyrie as well, but i don't play a lot cuz of school.

I'm Serene Ki, fyi. =D

Acen is just around the corner! I can't wait to see all of you @ the shoot! Especially my fellow LKs ~ One of my good friends should be coming as well as ranked TK!

Kidd we need to meet up on valk sometime soon. My IGN is Zealous (go figure right?) and I play an LK in Infinity. Peace!

Z e a l o u s
Acen 2010'

Cosplay Projects :

Ragnarok Online-Lord Knight

-

#19 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

View PostZealous, on Mar 24 2010, 11:17 PM, said:

Acen is just around the corner! I can't wait to see all of you @ the shoot! Especially my fellow LKs ~ One of my good friends should be coming as well as ranked TK!

Kidd we need to meet up on valk sometime soon. My IGN is Zealous (go figure right?) and I play an LK in Infinity. Peace!

Z e a l o u s

WAH! I just got assassin cross on loki. You should totally transfer, especially after the premium servers merge. ;D

It's official, I'm going as a SinX this year, probably will wear the Arch Bishop uniform sometime Saturday if someone requests it.
The shoot will be Friday around 4 or something, I'd have to recheck the schedule again. Sadly I have to run away right after it and go to the Persona shoot, but all of Saturday we can PvP, RIGHT?!

PS: my fiancee is coming as a Soul Linker, so I'll be extra deadly. Now all I need is a HP...
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#20 User is offline   Caffeineaddic125 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16783

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

We have out entire guild dressing up. An asassin, sniper, priest, ninja (me) and 2 knights . When and where is everyone meeting?
See you space cowboy...

#21 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

The date/time for the shoot is friday @ 4:30 in the Garden.

We'll probably have some sort of gathering Saturday near the stairs by the marketplace (like last year). I'm saying around 2 or 3?
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#22 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

I would attempt to bring my HP costume if I didn't already have a crap ton of steampunk stuff to bring. I'll still try to attend at least one meet/photoshoot to grab pictures though!! Be sure to stop by and say "Hi" at my artist alley table though!! (It'll say "Spooky Designs" it) I'll also be running a steampunk panel on Saturday night called "Steampunk Mythbusters" if anyone is interested :]

#23 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

View PostZealous, on Jun 11 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

Way to take the initiative Tande! *Buffs Please?*

I had a blast this year, especially our impromptu photoshoot Saturday. If we can get 2 High Priests, an Arc Bishop (I call hax Tande, that class isn't even released yet XD), an Assassin Cross, an alchemist, 2 stalker a kafra and a Lord Knight together out of the blue....well we have a true testament to Ragnarok's popularity! Everyone present did a wonderful job cosplaying.

Elric, a High Wizard sounds awesome! I don't think I've ever seen one at a U.S. based con. Let's make ACEN 2010 one to remember! Anyone who's getting an RO related cosplay together please post here throughout the year: we'd love to see any progress you guys are making or help with tips. On a side note does anyone have any idea where to find the red sun-like emblem on a Lord Knight's belt?

Lord Knight

Peace!

--+ Z e a l o u s +--

This is what I get for a late reply--it might be too late for you to implement this, or you might have that piece done already, but if you haven't, you might want to try baking clay. You can get small bricks of them for fairly cheap (just a few dollars) and model the emblem out of that. It allows you to get depth (like with the raised corners and such) and is fairly easy to work with. You bake it in the oven and it hardens. Then you can go over it with some sort of kindling glaze to make it shine as if it were made out of metal. /suggestion

BTW: I'm a crusader and I'll be meeting you at Acen with my friends Pep and Shiratoru! ^_^
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#24 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

So I know for sure we have the following (as in, they are buds of mine and I'm 99% they are coming!):

LK - Zealous
SinX - ME!
Soul Linker - Tyler (my fiancee)
High Wizard - Elita (a friend)
Wizard - Symphony (her boyfriend)

Anyone else now CERTAINLY sure they are coming to ACEN and the RO shoot that is at 4:30 pm Friday in the Garden?

Also, Saturday noon-ish or so for the second shooting? We'll have it right where we had it last year unless that space is taken up (but I doubt it). The space I'm talking of was near the escalator, exact opposite of the market. Nothing was going on there so we sort of...invaded it. If anyone has any ideas of where to go, holler (outside...? Not sure where...)

Any questions or anything else, holler at me either in PM or email ( eludium@gmail.com )

~Tande
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#25 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

Going as mastersmith
with Kidds help
Valk server Pm me as B1arg :D

Seeya all there
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#26 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

So, after three weeks of waiting for my cosplay, turns out I won't be getting it in time and I'm defaulting to arch bishop. It's a load of crock, and I recommend never ever to use CarrotAnime for any of your cosplaying needs. All their wig pictures are stolen from another site and they can't hit a deadline if their life depended on it.

:\
Cosplay for 2010:
Assassin Cross
Arch Bishop

#27 User is offline   Darko 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18698

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

aw thats too bad

well my mastersmith is just aboot ready I just got to add some accesorys n such and Ill be set to go :D
Acen2014 - Creator Viktor - League of Legends
ACen 2013- Artorias the abysswalker -Darksouls
Apocalypse year ACen 2012-DEADMAU5 RAINBOSS- CustomLED Helmet

Questions about props?Email me . Details on my profile

#28 User is offline   Tande 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/E...cen10/ragnarok/

RO shoot pics :>