Anime Central Forums: Revolutionary Girl Utena 2010 - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revolutionary Girl Utena 2010 Meet your prince...at this photoshoot!!!

#1 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

I know I read it around here somewhere before Acen 2009, so I decided to bring the Revolution around when it can make the biggest impact!! That's right! This photoshoot will be paying homage to the pink haired styling of the shojo and bishie heavy:

REVOLUTIONARY GIRL
UTENA

It is a classic that has not gotten the respect it deserves so after careful consideration, I think we should do it!

As you can see in my signature I will be Anthy in the Rose Maiden Dress. I need my prince!

So - find your inner fairy tale and come, come, come to the rooftop for the battle photoshoot of a lifetime!

This Photoshoot Will Be Held:
Day: Saturday
Time: 2PM
Backup (in the event of crowds, IRT, cold weather, rain):

Photoshoot Participants:
CrimsonAnime -- Anthy Rose Maiden
Arakhane ------- Touga
Chalchihuitlice -- Kozue Kaoru
Imaurel ----------- ??
ShadeZero ------ Utena
ShadeZero's friend - Miki
Leaf ------------- Akio Ohtori

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 02 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

A-Cen 2014 Cosplay Plans:Sooyoung [No. 08] (Girls' Generation) / Angewomon (Digimon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) / Sailor Luna(Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)/
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2008: Victoria Amon Sena (Original) //// Yoruchi (cat form)////Kuukaku Shiba////Kuroko Aoki - Original J-rock
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#2 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

bump
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay Plans:Sooyoung [No. 08] (Girls' Generation) / Angewomon (Digimon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) / Sailor Luna(Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon)/
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2008: Victoria Amon Sena (Original) //// Yoruchi (cat form)////Kuukaku Shiba////Kuroko Aoki - Original J-rock

#3 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:19 AM

ill have to look this up to see if ill be interested :P
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Oooo I love that series (though the movie is a little beyond trippy) but I dunno if I'd be able to pull together a Utena cosplay in time. I think that's still a ways in the future with my skill level (and income level). But I'll definitely try and come to get pictures because Anthy is so awesome, especially her Rose Maiden dress!!!! :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Chi-Fi 2014: Frazzled staffer! Maybe Ghostbuster.
C2E2 2014: Ghostbuster, Simmons from Agents of SHIELD ; Youmacon 2014: Ace from Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, maybe Captain Marvelous
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Merida from Brave, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#5 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:00 AM

well I do hope that more people think about coming to this or else there will be no meetup..

Ooh...I just got an idea!

#6 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

oh no an Idea *tosses light bulbs*
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#7 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:16 AM

Argh I've always wanted to cosplay from RGU >.< but I never have any time to do any of the characters!

I dont know who I would cosplay as either lol
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#8 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostSa-chan, on May 18 2009, 11:16 AM, said:

Argh I've always wanted to cosplay from RGU >.< but I never have any time to do any of the characters!

I dont know who I would cosplay as either lol

Anyone but Utena >.<
Sorry but I saw like 5 of her last year...

Of course looks like last year WAS the year for classic cosplays.

#9 User is offline   Arakhne 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 14484

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

Leaf and I are totally pulling an Utena group together. She was originally planning Akio for 2009, but it got pushed back in favor of other things and group collaborations. But for 2010 we're planning to have her Akio, along with me as Touga and a friend of ours as Nanami. We've also possibly got an Utena and possibly a Wakaba. I'm hoping we'll find us a Saionji before next year too ^^
Current Plans for A'Cen 2011:
Xanxus - Katekyou Hitman Reborn
Raiden - Metal Gear Solid 2 <- Eaten by a Steampunk gown.
Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender
William T. Spears - Kuroshitsuji
Claire Stanfield - Baccano!
(most likely) River Tam - Firefly
When I'll find time to wear all these, I can't say @_@

#10 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Wow! That sounds great! good luck!

#11 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

bump!

#12 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:48 AM

bump

#13 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

So I just watched part of the movie and I have to ask..is this supposed to be on a different time line than the manga AND anime? I mean Utena acts like she's never dueled before and at the start of the movie is introduced to Anthy. I felt like I was watching a condensed version of the whole series...

#14 User is offline   Ashli-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3673

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

I'll see what's up with my plans for 2010. I've been wanting to do Anthy's Rose Bride dress from the movie for years.

...I will randomly throw in this link to what I think is the BEST Utena site in the internet:
http://www.ohtori.nu/

#15 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

oooh! if you do we could be all..back to back! and mirror image!

#16 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

View PostAshli-chan, on May 22 2009, 10:17 PM, said:

I'll see what's up with my plans for 2010. I've been wanting to do Anthy's Rose Bride dress from the movie for years.

...I will randomly throw in this link to what I think is the BEST Utena site in the internet:
http://www.ohtori.nu/

Oh, nice, thank you for that link! That is really a big help, especially since I've had trouble finding Utena stuff. I had to hunt around just to find a couple of issues of the manga, and I got the movie (which is quite strange IMO) as a gift.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Chi-Fi 2014: Frazzled staffer! Maybe Ghostbuster.
C2E2 2014: Ghostbuster, Simmons from Agents of SHIELD ; Youmacon 2014: Ace from Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, maybe Captain Marvelous
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Merida from Brave, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#17 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 22 2009, 11:24 PM, said:

Oh, nice, thank you for that link! That is really a big help, especially since I've had trouble finding Utena stuff. I had to hunt around just to find a couple of issues of the manga, and I got the movie (which is quite strange IMO) as a gift.

I conquer! The design art is really helpful for my Anthy!

#18 User is offline   Chalchihuitlicue 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10163

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

I'm currently working on Black Rose Kozue... We'll see if I end up bringing it to Acen, though. =)
[i give the rose that blooms at the [i]end of the world[/i] to you]

Planned/Upcoming Cosplay:
Rydia [Final Fantasy IV]
Norn Ranger [Guild Wars]
Kozue Kaoru (Black Rose Duelist) [Revolutionary Girl: Utena]
Doll [Kuroshitsuji]

#19 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

Well I hope so!

And I need to re-watch Utena.... >.<
Why did I put my Utena manga in storage?!?!?!?!?!?!

Shoulder fairy: You were attempting to have less to bring home you left the manga that you don't always read.....

Me:....shut up

This post has been edited by CrimsonAnime: 23 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

#20 User is offline   Chalchihuitlicue 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

=) Well, it's looking extremely likely that I will have Kozue finished soon and that I will be bringing her to Acen 2010. It's also pretty likely that I'll have (at least) a Black Rose Duelist Shiori and Wakaba with me, as well.

This post has been edited by Chalchihuitlicue: 25 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Rydia [Final Fantasy IV]
Norn Ranger [Guild Wars]
Doll [Kuroshitsuji]

#21 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

yay! I really should get started but i still have no job and that means no money. no money means no fabrics and no fabrics means no cosplay work...T_T

#22 User is offline   Chalchihuitlicue 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

Money problems do make it difficult to cosplay... Why not see if there are some small pieces that you can get for cheap? I mean, all the trimmings for my Black Rose Duelist jacket cost me less than $18. Buying just a few things at a time instead of everything at once can help as well. =)

Watch for sales on patterns, notions and fabric, they're very helpful! I was so happy to find a 50% off sale on buttons last weekend when I had to buy 20~ for Kozue.

Depending on where you're located, there might be some less expensive fabric stores hiding around, as well. Vogue Fabrics in Evanston (for example) is amazing for good deals, especially on nicer fabrics like you'd want for a Rose Bride.

Rydia [Final Fantasy IV]
Norn Ranger [Guild Wars]
Doll [Kuroshitsuji]

#23 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:19 AM

true...true...I do need to get my behind up and out. But that's for when I'm finished packing and moving

#24 User is offline   M. Copps 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17563

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

Ladies and Bishies alike, post in this thread, for the World Revolution! Though I cannot join you in cosplay (as much as I would want to cosplay Miki), I can act as a photographer.... of above average skill, if you want a good photographer. I will do my part to Revolutionize the world! Ish!

One would hope that we could have this photoshoot in the Garden Fountain Plaza, hmm? With the flowers in bloom, it would be perfect. At least thats THIS photographer's opinion.

This post has been edited by M. Copps: 01 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

TROMBE OVERRIDE!!!

Acen 2010 Cosplay?

Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3)
Brotherhood of Steel Paladin (Fallout 3)
Rätsel Feinschmeker (Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2)

And perhaps more to come? Who knows... ish.

#25 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

ooooh! that would be GORGEOUS! I was thinking either the tree patch or the dome but I so forgot about the fountain! That place would be LOVELY for it!

#26 User is offline   Chalchihuitlicue 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

That's a very good idea! I think it would be really pretty to have an Utena gathering there. Flowers are always a must for Utena pictures!

But we should think of someplace indoors too, just in case of rain. I remember in 2007 we had a small Utena gathering on the staircase in the dome room, and that worked pretty well.

ETA: So excited! Here's some progress on my Black Rose jacket, and the Shiori wig I styled. My camera kind of ate the color on Shiori, but I love how the cut came out.

This post has been edited by Chalchihuitlicue: 01 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

Rydia [Final Fantasy IV]
Norn Ranger [Guild Wars]
Doll [Kuroshitsuji]

#27 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

View PostChalchihuitlicue, on Jun 1 2009, 11:04 PM, said:

That's a very good idea! I think it would be really pretty to have an Utena gathering there. Flowers are always a must for Utena pictures!

But we should think of someplace indoors too, just in case of rain. I remember in 2007 we had a small Utena gathering on the staircase in the dome room, and that worked pretty well.

ETA: So excited! Here's some progress on my Black Rose jacket, and the Shiori wig I styled. My camera kind of ate the color on Shiori, but I love how the cut came out.

1 - the gathering looks great in the dome stairs. Looks like they're all headed upstairs to duel!
2 - your jacket looks GREAT! I wish I had some progress pictures now...
3 - I love the wig! great job!

#28 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:59 PM

Ah, yeah, I'm part of an Utena group. As of now we have an Utena, Nanami, and me as Toga. We may have a Rose Bride if she wants/can. Too early to tell with her now xD;
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#29 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

nice! another anthy!

#30 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:34 AM

Do you remember a dark-skinned lolita girl jumping around by the Blood+ shoot? (maybe not but she was with my posse chilling out waiting XD) She's our maybe Bride xD;
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked