Anime Central Forums: The Official I Want To Thank [insert Staffer] - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Official I Want To Thank [insert Staffer] We will try and find that staffer you want to thank!

#1 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Post icon  Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

I am seeing a lot of general "Thank you"s to staff and a few individual ones so I thought it would be bright idea to start a "I want to thank [insert staffer]". If you don't know the name we will try to find them for you!

Name:
Description of the person if no name:
Department they worked in:
Their act of kindness/what they did that deserves a thank you:

I have been able to direct these to the right person. Everyone deserves a good hearted thank you but sometimes there is a little incident that makes that staffer feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I really just want to give a thank you to everyone I worked with and also all of the friendly people I came across, every single one of you. It's so easy to keep a smile when someone gives it back to you. :wub:

#2 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'd like to actually thank YOU, for coming out and personally answering a few rather embarrasing questions I had that I should have known as a three-year Acen vet, you went out of your way for me and I'll always respect you for that, kudos.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#3 User is offline   Anon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 29025

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

I'm with Haru. Just gonna thank you, for making Acen amazing again every way you could.

#4 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Name: Artie and Bloo
Department they worked in: Registration
Their act of kindness/what they did that deserves a thank you: Making me feel like I was part of a whole new family - and telling me that I was practically reg no matter what department I was officially in. I <3 you guys!

Also, my DH Cat. She made my first year staffing awesome, fun, and something that I looked forward to and now miss immensely. *huggles*
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#5 User is offline   NarumiKenshin 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9201

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

My heartfelt thanks can't just go out to one person, or one department, its everyone. Without Registration, I'd have no moniez to count. Having a Reg team work so well with me and the rest of finance, I thank you for that. Without GR, we wouldn't have our guests and our industry to advertise with. Thank you GR, for taking me in and working with me in advertising, especially with the Girodanos Advertisement. I have to send out a big thanks of course to my staff, Chris Gruendemann, Debbie (Con Mom) Landmann, and Jessica Peron. Without the three of you, my deparrtment would have been of major fail. From traveling to cons, to taking my emails. For that, I thank you. Finance, what a wonderful bunch of ladies I work with. They take in my guyness, and love every bit of it. I love working with you ladies, and thank you for being there right alongside with me.

My thanks could go on and on, I just want to send out a heartfelt thanks to everyone who made my job a little easier, more fun, more innovated and much much more.
Exhibit Space ADH - Exhibit Hall - 2012
Merchandising ADH - 2010, 2011
Sales Department Head - 2009
Convention Operations - 2008
Video Gaming Staff - 2007
Man's Greatest Fear is Mankind Itself
-Gendo Ikari-

#6 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

i want to thank a few of the EMRT's

sadly i only have a pic and i look really bad in it haha. though if word could get to them that would be awesome, as due to what they did when i later went to see my doctor, she didnt have to do much other than to re wrap my injury and put me on antibiotics.

the pic of me and one emt
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#7 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

View PostZomgBlue, on May 12 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

i want to thank a few of the EMRT's

sadly i only have a pic and i look really bad in it haha. though if word could get to them that would be awesome, as due to what they did when i later went to see my doctor, she didnt have to do much other than to re wrap my injury and put me on antibiotics.

the pic of me and one emt

That would be Joel, Medic 1 is his call sign and he's the EMRT DH. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the staff meetings and EMRT training that my department went to and he is awesome, is he not? :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#8 User is offline   ZomgBlue 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29826

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 12 2009, 10:49 PM, said:

That would be Joel, Medic 1 is his call sign and he's the EMRT DH. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the staff meetings and EMRT training that my department went to and he is awesome, is he not? :)

oh yeah i pulled a wooden z out of my purse when trying to find a list of my meds (which evidently isnt a common thing) and he was like what is that?! so we later made jokes about this being fixed by the letter z and number 4 haha

still dont know how i got the wooden z exactly...
the one the only princess neon plaid mix'n'match confusion of colour

#9 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:10 AM

I would like to thank Ben of Panel programming and the two registration staff members that helped me with lines and their control over in the doubletree over the con.

And of course Wedge and his team during both dances, because they are awesome, and great, and I could not possibly ever find enough words to show my appreciation for them. :]
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#10 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 25376

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

I don't know his name but...
Thank you, mystery-IRT member. I was dressed as Haruhi Suzumiya in her school uniform. You were directing people to line-up outside for Anime Hell when I requested you radio Con Mom for me. You immediately radioed for her and although were unable to find her, I was grateful that you honored my request. In the past, I have been completely ignored when asking IRT to radio other staff members. Thank you for taking an extra minute from your time to help.

This post has been edited by okaonos: 13 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

# of ACen's attended: 9
Hotel: Hyatt
Cosplay: Rukia (Bleach) - 100%

~Spam Squad~

#11 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:10 AM

I'd like to think Bridget from Reg for making me feel less like a no0b. She was new also, so we worked will call together for awhile just talking about how awkward it was. xD

It made me feel less out of place.
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#12 User is offline   gadgets 

• Has a Sweet Ride
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 19669

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:58 AM

i would like to thank the irt guy who helped us take optimus prime apart and helped us carry him outside
absinthe feels like a trail of fire going down

1 bottle of everclear
1bottle of becardi 151
2 bottles of absinth

Moto-Cosplay

and on another news.....My Bike is Paid off WoooHooo

#13 User is offline   EtoileEyes 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 1058

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

I would like to Thank Phil from Artist's Alley and Dealer's Room and whatever else he ran that weekend.

He did an outstanding job and kept his cool even after I lost my cool (sorry about that). He answered any complaints and investigated them and having sat in front of the staff table, I know that he dealt with things as soon as they came in. Kudo's and Thanks to you Phil! Hope to see you in the Alley next year!

#14 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

I just want to thank everyone! ^_^ You guys were all awesome this year!
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#15 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

OH. ALMOST FORGOT.

Thanks to the awesome Reg-Pack for showing me the awesome glory that is Doctor Steel.

Congratulations, guys, you have made a Toy Soldier out of me. ^^
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#16 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Same here, with the toy soldier bit xD
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#17 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

I definitely came to this forum in attempt to find the staffer who cosplayed Jack Harkness for making my weekend at the Doctor Who photo shoots. Alas! I found her here!
The official I want to thank [KnitChick]
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#18 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:51 AM

View PostSaphrinka, on May 13 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

OH. ALMOST FORGOT.

Thanks to the awesome Reg-Pack for showing me the awesome glory that is Doctor Steel.

Congratulations, guys, you have made a Toy Soldier out of me. ^^

Dr.Steel loves you too <3

Hmm I might as well put my thank yous out there.

-Medic 6: You brought me fruit when I wasn't feeling so hot. Made me feel better.

-This is bad I don't know his name... -.- Kinda tall guy blonde-ish hair wore blue shirts throughout the whole con, [I think] he helped us with a bunch of reg problems and was able to help me make a receipt for a customer that paid with a business check. I never got your name, I wanna thank you for putting up with me. >_<

-Corey- I owe you .-. I made you run around for me like a lil monkey when I couldn't leave my station. No matter if I needed badge holders, bill exchange or someone to just plain grab something for me you did it without complaining. Thank you for being my errand boy.

Bloo and Artie- You had faith in me that I wouldn't screw up and let me run a station by myself. Ily guys for that <3. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy =3.

#19 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

View Postchickenandgranolabars, on May 14 2009, 12:04 AM, said:

I definitely came to this forum in attempt to find the staffer who cosplayed Jack Harkness for making my weekend at the Doctor Who photo shoots. Alas! I found her here!
The official I want to thank [KnitChick]

Awww, you're very welcome! Glad I could help! :) Those shoots were so epically fun, weren't they?
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#20 User is offline   PAIN online 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18998

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

Name: ????????????????
Description of the person if no name: Seller
Department they worked in: it was like the 4th both on the front after the artist selling their paintings it was a Japanese guy, his MOM and on the other side a girl selling music CDs "Japanese Rock"
Their act of kindness/what they did that deserves a thank you: he made my first ACEN experience great

OK this guy was selling stuff at Wizard world 2008, I bought Gundam stuff from him there.
he gave me such good prices on wizard world that I end up spending 90% of my money with him there. he suggested that I should make it to ACEN because he said that there will be more people there selling Gundams.

I took his advice and went to ACEN for my first time.......I checked all prices from other people selling Gundam stuff, and I got so disappointed that people were trying to sell the merchandise even more expensive than what it cost online (shipping included)
NO one wated to lower the prices......they were more concern about getting more proffit than actually lower prices so people can buy more and they gain more money by volume.....I end up buying more Gundam stuff and again spending most of my money with him.

any ways I want to thank that guy and his mom for being so understanding, willing to sell and not being a DICK (excuse the language) with the prices like every one else......I think that if it wans't for him, this could it been my first and last year going.

if some one can get me the name of the guy.........last thing, THANKS ACEN staff for making anime fans have their own paradise for 3 days.

see you next year.
[url="http://imageshack.us"]Free Image Hosting[/url]

#21 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:43 PM

definitely! this has been my favorite acen so far... cant wait for next year!
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#22 User is offline   Nyappy 

• Guest Assistants Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12228

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

I can't thank any one person for everything, because there were so many staffers that I thought were just absolutely amazing.

I firstly want to thank Chelsea and Artie for making me feel so welcome in the reg staffing family. The entire group was already so close, I was afraid I would feel left out, but all of you guys are so great, I didn't want to leave by the end of the weekend. Everyone was so patient with the questions I was asking, I never felt afraid to make it known that I did not understand something.

To the medics, because my hearing in my right ear went out during the MOVE concert, and even though you guys couldn't tell me indefinitely if I was going to be okay or not, the fact that you kept assuring me that it would probably be fine after I slept awhile (and it was) calmed my anxiety that something bad had happened, thus preventing a possibly panic attack moment.

To Murloc and his partner on Friday: Thank you for pointing me to the customer service at the Hyatt to ask about the MOVE tickets, because even if they weren't giving them out there, customer service then directed me to the information desk in the Dealer Hall. Without your directions, I probably would have missed getting a ticket.

To IRT in general: Although I did not get to chat with many of you, those that I did speak to were some of the most amusing and awesome people I've ever met. There was a girl with dreadlocks (I don't remember your name, sorry!) that let me sit with her and her partner in staff services because there really was nowhere else to sit, and even conversed with me a few times during the convention when I saw her. You guys are all so hard working, I really appreciate everything you guys do, both visibly and invisibly (NINJAS)

To my staff roomies, even though they don't frequent the forums: You guys are the best anyone could ever ask for in roommates. Friendly, neat, and amusing as hell. You guys didn't have to let me hang out with you all weekend, but you did, and I'm really grateful, because you all were so awesome.

And lastly, to all the staff in general! I met some awesome people, and finally was able to experience a weekend drama and worry free for the first time in at least two years (lots of drama in my life) because of you guys, and the awesome congoers that I ran in to. I can't wait to rejoin you all next year for lucky number 13!~
ACen 2010-present - Guest Relations Staff
ACen 2009 - Registration Staff

"The more things change, the more they remain...insane."

#23 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

hmm.. people to thank..

well..
I should probably thank Bloo and Shay for persuading me to join the reg team, If I didn't talk to them at youmacon, I don't think I would have thought about being on staff. I hope to do it again next year.

I'll thank arty and my roomates for enlightening me with Dr. Steel. I am now a toy soldier. on a side note, one of my friends down here in savannah is going to start up a group of toy soldiers. .. I'll have to work on getting a lab coat and a set of black gloves.

thanks Spaz, for help training me.

thank the economy that gas isn't back up to 3 bucks a gallon yet.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#24 User is offline   Hobbsend 

• Merchandise Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 25585

Posted 22 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

In response, I'd like to thank Corey Wood for bringing me into a fantastic scenario, and like others, I want to thank all involved, and a special thanks to anyone who had to put up with the questions from a first timer working a con!
-Chris Gruendemann

#25 User is offline   Vaserati 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29649

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

I would like to thank all IRT who helped me feel safe by looking out for that guy I reported. Thanks. *hugs for all*
Hi my name is Draga aka Pinky.
Semi-official Pawstar product display model
MMO Gamer / Trans-Les / Professional Catnapper / Aspie / Ancient

#26 User is offline   Scottaconda 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6113

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

View Postgadgets, on May 13 2009, 06:58 AM, said:

i would like to thank the irt guy who helped us take optimus prime apart and helped us carry him outside

You're welcome ^_^ My callsign is "+1" (plus one). I still have your card and look forward to see ing more of you guys plus I wanna see that project for next year!
Manager of the Soapbubble 2014 - current
Swords don't need reloading - Max Brooks "Zombie Survival Guide"
ACen IRT 2005 - 2010
Ninja's > Pirates "Nin...*hand movments*.. tendo!"
Cosplay Projects - Devil Jin (100% displayed at ACen 07), Yun SF3 (2%), Rikimaru Tenchu (100% ACen 06), Kurogane Tsubasa Chronicles (100% ACen 08)

#27 User is offline   sailormarymoon 

• Guest Assistants Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17295

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on May 13 2009, 12:10 AM, said:

I would like to thank Ben of Panel programming and the two registration staff members that helped me with lines and their control over in the doubletree over the con.

And of course Wedge and his team during both dances, because they are awesome, and great, and I could not possibly ever find enough words to show my appreciation for them. :]

I think i might have been one of the registration staff members, i can't exactly remember. I helped with the ouran host club voice actors panel line and counted everyone.
You're welcome!!!!
My Facebook Myspace
O'Neill: "I'd like to apologize in advance for anything I may say or do that could be construed as offensive as I slowly go NUTS!!!" (SG-1)
ACEN 2008 Cosplay Pictures (also Host club panel photos) ACEN 2009 Cosplay Pictures

#28 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

View PostScottaconda, on Aug 28 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

You're welcome ^_^ My callsign is "+1" (plus one). I still have your card and look forward to see ing more of you guys plus I wanna see that project for next year!

Though of course hopefully you won't set it up in the middle of the flow of traffic again this year...
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users