#61 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

View PostGSDfan87, on May 27 2009, 12:07 PM, said:

I would like to suggest two things:

1. People running a tournament should know the game (Halo 3 tourney I am looking at you)

2. Game rules (settings, maps, etc) should be decided prior to the start of the tourney

Also I volunteer to run the Halo 3 tourney next year if no one else has done so already

The rules were decided prior to the start of the tourney. They were on the forums for quite some time.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#62 User is offline   GSDfan87 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 6821

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

View PostLina, on May 27 2009, 10:42 PM, said:

The rules were decided prior to the start of the tourney. They were on the forums for quite some time.

We asked the guy running it to set up the game and he didn't have a clue what the rules were supposed to be, so if it was on the forums, no one at the tournament (staff or participants) knew what they were

#63 User is offline   The Mighty C. Bee! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 24293

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

View PostGSDfan87, on May 27 2009, 12:07 PM, said:

I would like to suggest two things:

1. People running a tournament should know the game (Halo 3 tourney I am looking at you)

2. Game rules (settings, maps, etc) should be decided prior to the start of the tourney

Also I volunteer to run the Halo 3 tourney next year if no one else has done so already

At least your tournament took place. Did you know the rules? If you did, you're fine. No problem there that I can see.

If there is a Halo 3 tourney next year, the Halo players should take it upon themselves to come up with rules before the tourney.

>=\
<PSC/WG/QQK>
The key to victory is to not be afraid of defeat.

<3

#64 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

Since the Rockband threads were closed I'd like to say that once a whole band signs up it would be good if they also wrote down at least 2 songs they want to do. (i.e. if time restraints can't make them do one of the songs they want to do). That way it'll be easier to see what other bands are going to play and you won't have to scramble to think of another song you want to do if someone plays yours before you play.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#65 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:43 AM

View PostThe Mighty C. Bee!, on May 28 2009, 06:38 PM, said:

At least your tournament took place. Did you know the rules? If you did, you're fine. No problem there that I can see.

If there is a Halo 3 tourney next year, the Halo players should take it upon themselves to come up with rules before the tourney.

>=\

- If this year's tournament was or wasn't GSD's, this is a still a pretty plausible request. If he knew the rules, great. Other players may not have. Having a print out located somewhere where everyone could find them..staff especially..would be a great help. I may be misreading what you're suggesting here for next year, but perhaps have the organizers of the tournaments submit their rules before the program book goes to print and have it put there.

- Take a poll on what tournaments people would like to see and actually listen to them? Cut off tournament sign-ups 2 hours before each one and have brackets finished long before the thing is even supposed to begin. I'm not sure of all the details behind some of the 'official' tournaments and the reasons for choosing those games, but I do know a few of them were really not well-received..but people entered because it was a certain series that they were familiar with..and then the tournament didn't even run after people waited and waited.

- Just wondering, what was the reason for so many of the tv's being off? Most of the tv's had multiple copies of the same game on them.. that kind of..really turned me off of the room..

#66 User is offline   The Mighty C. Bee! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

We listened to people as far as what tournaments they wanted (for the most part), and when the con rolled around, a couple of them didn't even have enough entrants for us to bother drawing a bracket. Just a huge waste of time in my book.

Also, I've explained the TV thing a trillion times. Not to sound rude or anything, but I refuse to do so once more.

However, I will say that it's somewhere in this thread, IIRC...if not here, in the Gripes thread, wherever that is.
<PSC/WG/QQK>

<3

#67 User is offline   The Mighty C. Bee! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

Bump.
<PSC/WG/QQK>

<3

#68 User is offline   PlantMilk 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 24963

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

:rolleyes:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users