Anime Central Forums: Vg 09 Feedback - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Vg 09 Feedback

#31 User is offline   Masamune_Date7 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30095
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 13-May 09
  • Location:Elgin,IL

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

There might be flames in my post....

I was the mexican kid using Strider/doom and Karas/Ryu and just getting Win streaks left and right lol

But yeah I honestly think future tourneys should be ran by people with more potential and from people in the fighting game community.Nappyjin and Devildigimon are good, but everybody else should not and I repeat NOT bother the fighting game area. Also the laggy Tv's were a huge pain in the butt totally screwed up most people's games, a lil knowledge to those who don't know crap about fighters...HD/LCD TV's= Lag for 2-D Fighters and can screw up people's game play since most players use there skills based on Muscle memory and with the lag throwing off people's game it can horribly make a good player look like garbage.

Hell I"ll suppport the 2-D Fighters and bring 4 CRT's(Lagless) TV's for casuals and the 2-D Fighters.(I have like 4 CRT's in my basement for when I host gatherings. also I do believe the list for next year should look like this....

SF4
Blazblue
MVC2
Cvs2
Soul Calibur 4
Arcana Heart 2
Tatsunoko vs capcom

I can supply setups for most of these games. Another thing that I thought that was ridiculous was how they locked up the consoles and left the people who came with nothing but pads, by doing this there leaving the stick players left out and leaving them unable to use there sticks not letting us stick users to use our own Arcade sticks since most tourneys are BYOC= Bring your own controller. This is another thing I immediatly frowned upon when I had my strider stick and couldn't play GG with it yeah real kool....=/

I'd be more than happy to supply more ideas and such, the best part of the place IMHO was cabinets there but more games are needed to accomdate the people there. Next year I should have some cabinets and wouldn't mind donating them for the weekend. But I'll talk to everyone and see if I can get in on this to help make next years game room more organized,Fun and Great.

That's all for now

-Frankie Gomez

P.S Whoever brough the mahvel cabinet THANK YEW!!!
W/o that thing I probably woulda just ran trains in just TVC lol

This post has been edited by Masamune_Date7: 14 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

"Your Either getting better or your getting worse."
My NINJA is better
TVC- Karas/Ryu MVC2- Clockwork BB - Ragna/Litchi
Custom stick maker in training...^_^'
Possible future T.O for ACEN

#32 User is offline   The Mighty C. Bee! 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 24293
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 16-February 09
  • Location:Radio City, WI

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

Like I said before, the whole TV issue is/was entirely out of our hands, sadly. Keep an eye on this particular sub-forum for updates on next year's course of action, namely the shortened tournament list.
<PSC/WG/QQK>
The key to victory is to not be afraid of defeat.

<3

#33 User is offline   Masamune_Date7 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30095
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 13-May 09
  • Location:Elgin,IL

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

View PostThe Mighty C. Bee!, on May 14 2009, 08:54 PM, said:

Like I said before, the whole TV issue is/was entirely out of our hands, sadly. Keep an eye on this particular sub-forum for updates on next year's course of action, namely the shortened tournament list.

Yeah I know, I remember you told me when we first got there.

It's all good still got what another year lol. :rolleyes:
"Your Either getting better or your getting worse."
My NINJA is better
TVC- Karas/Ryu MVC2- Clockwork BB - Ragna/Litchi
Custom stick maker in training...^_^'
Possible future T.O for ACEN

#34 User is offline   Anon 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 29025
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 02-May 09

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

View PostMasamune_Date7, on May 13 2009, 08:18 PM, said:

P.S Whoever brough the mahvel cabinet THANK YEW!!!

Were you there when everyone was yelling "ITS MAHVEL BAYBEE!" and "CURLEH MUSTACHE!"? XD

Crap... I didn't even get to play TvC because I was spent all my game-room time playing Batrider and Radiant Silvergun. T_T Again, special thanks to the staff there for loading up the Radiant machine with 9 credits for me, TWICE. I felt spoiled. ^^;

This post has been edited by Anon: 14 May 2009 - 10:12 PM


#35 User is offline   The Mighty C. Bee! 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 24293
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 16-February 09
  • Location:Radio City, WI

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

I think that may have been the vendor who brought the machine that gave you credits.


I only had the keys for two of the machines there, and AFAIK, no one else had the keys for machines outside of the vendors themselves.
<PSC/WG/QQK>
The key to victory is to not be afraid of defeat.

<3

#36 User is offline   RankoSao 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30180
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 14-May 09

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

The one thing i miss from past years is that one cabinet with the 20 million classic games inside. It had Penguin-kun Wars in it. I love Penguin-kun Wars. :D

#37 User is offline   Anon 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 29025
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 02-May 09

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

View PostThe Mighty C. Bee!, on May 14 2009, 11:31 PM, said:

I think that may have been the vendor who brought the machine that gave you credits.


I only had the keys for two of the machines there, and AFAIK, no one else had the keys for machines outside of the vendors themselves.

Yeah, IIRC two guys fed me Credits, and one of 'em said he owns most of the machines there. Damn, I'm jealous...

#38 User is offline   Velius 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10076
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 28-March 07

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

Hi. Don't bother hooking GOLD up because using an unofficial pc to run it just causes nothing but havok. Do it right or don't do it at all. Before peeps start giving me crap how I'm wrong, look at how many times people hooked up IIDX in the game room (btw, thanks to the fighting game community for bringing crts and letting us hook up IIDX when you guys weren't using them) because nobody wanted to waste money for playing on a terrible machine. It's like the fighting game community said about lag, crap has to be done. I heard about how 8th style was put back into the machine at some point. That should've been done in the first god damn place. An old functional style that can actually be played on is better than playing on god awful hardware+timing. Hell, I talked with Ver2 who's been playing arcade IIDX years before I even started playing and he even agreed with me saying that the machine is a POS.

The machine itself was in good condition even with the dimmed monitor which I was very much pleased with but get that Gold kit has to go.

or I have a better idea. I bring a IIDX setup that's better than almost any arcade machine in the US and charge a very low price of FREE. How's that sound guys?

This post has been edited by Velius: 15 May 2009 - 02:01 AM


#39 User is offline   codename47 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9227
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 04-February 07

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

View Postichibo, on May 12 2009, 12:58 AM, said:

Please don't steal people's Suave 2-in-1 Condition and Shampoo from behind the IIDX machine next year ;)


ROFL I remember when I saw someone remove it. I was like wtf!?

But yea, I think the gameroom was pretty good this year. I remember the previous 2 years nickel city had put marvel in a different arcade machine which ate quarters randomly and you couldnt get your quarters back. This years machine didnt have any of that.

This post has been edited by codename47: 15 May 2009 - 02:09 AM


#40 User is offline   Masamune_Date7 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30095
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 13-May 09
  • Location:Elgin,IL

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

Anon- Naw that wasn't me lol
I was just the strider kid who was on the machine majority of the time.
Yeah you shoulda played TVC I wanted more comp. =/

Codename47- Yeah I play at Nickels from time to time and there good, just sometimes they have there off days.

Velius- Is this so called IIDX better than a viewlix with Blazblue? ;)
"Your Either getting better or your getting worse."
My NINJA is better
TVC- Karas/Ryu MVC2- Clockwork BB - Ragna/Litchi
Custom stick maker in training...^_^'
Possible future T.O for ACEN

#41 User is offline   Sakamura 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4619
  • Posts: 72
  • Joined: 16-May 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

View PostVelius, on May 15 2009, 08:58 AM, said:

Hi. Don't bother hooking GOLD up because using an unofficial pc to run it just causes nothing but havok. Do it right or don't do it at all. Before peeps start giving me crap how I'm wrong, look at how many times people hooked up IIDX in the game room (btw, thanks to the fighting game community for bringing crts and letting us hook up IIDX when you guys weren't using them) because nobody wanted to waste money for playing on a terrible machine. It's like the fighting game community said about lag, crap has to be done. I heard about how 8th style was put back into the machine at some point. That should've been done in the first god damn place. An old functional style that can actually be played on is better than playing on god awful hardware+timing. Hell, I talked with Ver2 who's been playing arcade IIDX years before I even started playing and he even agreed with me saying that the machine is a POS.

The machine itself was in good condition even with the dimmed monitor which I was very much pleased with but get that Gold kit has to go.

or I have a better idea. I bring a IIDX setup that's better than almost any arcade machine in the US and charge a very low price of FREE. How's that sound guys?

Just needs a higher RPM HD and think about getting rid of the Bose speakers since they do cause latency (Bose sucks). Also, the monitor is a rear projection screen so it's not dimmed it just has a smaller viewing angle compared to LCD and CRT screens.

If you plan on bringing a better setup bring Empress.
Former Staff

#42 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19706
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 26-October 08

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

View PostVelius, on May 15 2009, 02:58 AM, said:

Hi. Don't bother hooking GOLD up...


I think most of the latency had to do with the fact the Gold kit was synched for Ho's plasma (where it's dead on), and they were having a hard time adjusting it for Phorrest's RPLCD.

Machine-based free play would probably only happen if all us vendors were getting money from the convention. It'd be awesome, but really tough to do.

#43 User is offline   Velius 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10076
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 28-March 07

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

View PostMasamune_Date7, on May 15 2009, 09:33 AM, said:

Anon- Naw that wasn't me lol
I was just the strider kid who was on the machine majority of the time.
Yeah you shoulda played TVC I wanted more comp. =/

Codename47- Yeah I play at Nickels from time to time and there good, just sometimes they have there off days.

Velius- Is this so called IIDX better than a viewlix with Blazblue? ;)


Lol, I meant IIDX machines when I meant other arcade machines where most IIDX machines have really laggy butt monitors. >_>

but a viewlix with blazblue would be dope as all hell.

And the whole GOLD thing with it being synced with the plasma would make sense. I still think bringing these huge butt bemani machines is a waste of time and money to do so as it alienates alot of new players from trying if they're going to pay 75 cents to fail a 1 on their first game due to a imperfect setup.

/opinion

#44 User is offline   Anon 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Banned
  • Member No.: 29025
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 02-May 09

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

View PostMasamune_Date7, on May 15 2009, 09:33 AM, said:

Anon- Naw that wasn't me lol
I was just the strider kid who was on the machine majority of the time.
Yeah you shoulda played TVC I wanted more comp. =/

I don't have much experience in TvC... I played a little bit of the Wii version at a friend's house, got half-decent as Karas+Casshern...

#45 User is offline   Shardzy 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 29306
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 06-May 09

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Definitely an improvement over last year IMO, especially with there being generally much less severe issues with input lag on the HDTVs. It sounded like the tourneys could have been run better, but I only actually played in SC4 so I'll let ppl who were more involved in them talk about that.

It was surprising/awesome to see MBAC ver.B there, considering afaik there's only like 3 boards of that particular version in the US. I also finally got to try out Pop'n, so that was cool too. :D

#46 User is offline   kpopgrrl 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 8857
  • Posts: 90
  • Joined: 26-December 06
  • Location:Chi-town, baby!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

View PostVelius, on May 15 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

I still think bringing these huge butt bemani machines is a waste of time and money to do so as it alienates alot of new players from trying if they're going to pay 75 cents to fail a 1 on their first game due to a imperfect setup.

/opinion


I really appreciate having the Bemani games there. Beatmania, Guitarfreaks, Drummania, etc. are really hard to come by and it's nice to play them once a year. There's a Drummania at the Kerasotes on Western but it is in horrible shape and one pad barely works at all. The Beatmania Euro Underground (or whatever it's called) at Nickle City is also in bad shape and not IIDX. Beatmania IIDX is hard for beginners with even a perfect setup. I suggest getting the American version for cheap, it's much easier. People really seemed to like the Drummania but I noticed the Guitar Freaks seemed lonely. I blame Guitar Hero for people thinking it came first...

#47 User is offline   Sakamura 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4619
  • Posts: 72
  • Joined: 16-May 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

View PostVelius, on May 15 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

Lol, I meant IIDX machines when I meant other arcade machines where most IIDX machines have really laggy butt monitors. >_>

but a viewlix with blazblue would be dope as all hell.

And the whole GOLD thing with it being synced with the plasma would make sense. I still think bringing these huge butt bemani machines is a waste of time and money to do so as it alienates alot of new players from trying if they're going to pay 75 cents to fail a 1 on their first game due to a imperfect setup.

/opinion


Now i'm starting to think you didn't play on this cabinet at all at the convention.

You don't lose game play after the first song and I didn't see anyone have trouble with easy mode.
Former Staff

#48 User is offline   Masamune_Date7 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30095
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 13-May 09
  • Location:Elgin,IL

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

View PostAnon, on May 15 2009, 01:38 PM, said:

I don't have much experience in TvC... I played a little bit of the Wii version at a friend's house, got half-decent as Karas+Casshern...

Just a lil piece of info TVC is coming to America soon. ^_^
"Your Either getting better or your getting worse."
My NINJA is better
TVC- Karas/Ryu MVC2- Clockwork BB - Ragna/Litchi
Custom stick maker in training...^_^'
Possible future T.O for ACEN

#49 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

View PostMasamune_Date7, on May 18 2009, 09:48 AM, said:

Just a lil piece of info TVC is coming to America soon. ^_^

He already made a thread about that. XDDD
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#50 User is offline   Masamune_Date7 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30095
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 13-May 09
  • Location:Elgin,IL

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

View PostLina, on May 18 2009, 10:01 AM, said:

He already made a thread about that. XDDD



Lolz whoops. >.<

Oh well, but yeah I sure do hope the TVC scene will grow thanx to this.
"Your Either getting better or your getting worse."
My NINJA is better
TVC- Karas/Ryu MVC2- Clockwork BB - Ragna/Litchi
Custom stick maker in training...^_^'
Possible future T.O for ACEN

#51 User is offline   Lina 

  • Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570
  • Posts: 6,860
  • Joined: 23-April 07
  • Location:Wonderland

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

View PostMasamune_Date7, on May 18 2009, 10:03 AM, said:

Lolz whoops. >.<

Oh well, but yeah I sure do hope the TVC scene will grow thanx to this.

Lol. XDDD

I really want to play. I have heard good things about it. :3

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#52 User is offline   Velius 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10076
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 28-March 07

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:56 PM

View PostSakamura, on May 17 2009, 11:08 PM, said:

Now i'm starting to think you didn't play on this cabinet at all at the convention.

You don't lose game play after the first song and I didn't see anyone have trouble with easy mode.



I'm starting to think you have no idea what you're talking about.

I played on that cabinet 3 times. My friends failed songs they could easily AA/AAA because they didn't know how terrible the timing on that machine was. IIDX is not Pop'n where you can continue to play songs even after you fail one song. You fail, you're done. get off the machine because it ate your 75 cents because of a terrible setup unless you play free mode which nobody in their right mind would do. 2 songs? Give me a break. It's ridiculous to pay for a setup that can easily be resolved by a very simple setup. And for the record, I saw players who never played the game play and fail miserably so I have no idea what you're talking about in that aspect. My point with that statement is there is almost no way anyone new would try the game on an arcade setup

View Postkpopgrrl, on May 17 2009, 10:53 PM, said:

I really appreciate having the Bemani games there. Beatmania, Guitarfreaks, Drummania, etc. are really hard to come by and it's nice to play them once a year. There's a Drummania at the Kerasotes on Western but it is in horrible shape and one pad barely works at all. The Beatmania Euro Underground (or whatever it's called) at Nickle City is also in bad shape and not IIDX. Beatmania IIDX is hard for beginners with even a perfect setup. I suggest getting the American version for cheap, it's much easier. People really seemed to like the Drummania but I noticed the Guitar Freaks seemed lonely. I blame Guitar Hero for people thinking it came first...


Not saying I don't appreciate them. I just find them highly unnecessary especially when you get a machine that's worse than setting up a simple CRT and your average controller. It doesn't help that most of these people who bring these machines don't care about player criticism about their machines.

This post has been edited by Velius: 18 May 2009 - 05:17 PM


#53 User is offline   The Mighty C. Bee! 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 24293
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 16-February 09
  • Location:Radio City, WI

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

It's HOT in here!


Anyways...with TvC coming to the US, I'm sure it'll be on our list of tournaments next year. Just stay tuned.
<PSC/WG/QQK>
The key to victory is to not be afraid of defeat.

<3

#54 User is offline   Kane 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5485
  • Posts: 311
  • Joined: 02-November 05

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

Not to cut you guys off, but this thread doesn't exist so you can go back and forth about weither the IIDX was or was not timed/synced.

If you are unhappy with what machines were (or were not) present this year, head over to the '10 request thread and let us know what you'd like to see for next year.


Back to constructive criticism and/or suggestions please.

#55 User is offline   The Persian Monk 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10911
  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: 05-May 07
  • Location:Wisconsin

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

I'm interested to see what these changes to the gaming tournaments are. Over the last few years, the tournament system had only changed marginally, and I was getting very frustrated. I had to duck out of the Pokemon tournament just to get to the Battle of the Rock Bands, and then our band didn't even get a chance to play! [RAGE] I felt really bad for the group that attended the con with me; the highlight of their weekend was supposed to be the Battle of the Rock Bands. Hopefully, they will come again next year, but we were all EXTREMELY disappointed. I hope things go much better next year.

I'm not going to post my suggestions again; I messaged them to the ADH as well as posted them in the gripes section, if anyone cares to look. I just want things to go smoothly for everyone.

#56 User is offline   Sakamura 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4619
  • Posts: 72
  • Joined: 16-May 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

View PostVelius, on May 18 2009, 11:56 PM, said:

I'm starting to think you have no idea what you're talking about.

I played on that cabinet 3 times. My friends failed songs they could easily AA/AAA because they didn't know how terrible the timing on that machine was. IIDX is not Pop'n where you can continue to play songs even after you fail one song. You fail, you're done. get off the machine because it ate your 75 cents because of a terrible setup unless you play free mode which nobody in their right mind would do. 2 songs? Give me a break. It's ridiculous to pay for a setup that can easily be resolved by a very simple setup. And for the record, I saw players who never played the game play and fail miserably so I have no idea what you're talking about in that aspect. My point with that statement is there is almost no way anyone new would try the game on an arcade setup



Not saying I don't appreciate them. I just find them highly unnecessary especially when you get a machine that's worse than setting up a simple CRT and your average controller. It doesn't help that most of these people who bring these machines don't care about player criticism about their machines.


Oh wow. :blink:

- I played standard mode, failed Gold Rush Normal and still played a second song.
- A kid who was very interested in the game and didn't have any quarters until I gave him some played Easy mode failed one song and somehow passed the next song to get his third.

They could have made adjustments Saturday and Sunday since Turntable 1 and Turntable 2 were having issues.

Also, I think you missed the point that Yeehaw said the timings were set for plasma and this clearly was a Rear Projection screen cabinet.

----
Lag, on a projector? LOL
Former Staff

#57 User is offline   YeehawMcKickass 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19706
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 26-October 08

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostSakamura, on May 20 2009, 08:22 AM, said:

Also, I think you missed the point that Yeehaw said the timings were set for plasma and this clearly was a Rear Projection screen cabinet.


No, he caught it. He acknolwedged it earlier.

#58 User is offline   mole_force 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 15220
  • Posts: 32
  • Joined: 29-October 07
  • Location:What location?

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

View PostThe Commodore, on May 13 2009, 03:04 PM, said:

The same thing happened with the Call of Duty 4 tournament. I was really looking forward to playing in it, but when my friend and I asked when it would be starting since it was after 6 and we had not yet heard anything, we were basically told that it probably wasn't going to due to lack of copies of the game (which we would have gladly brought along and donated had we known copies were needed). So after hanging around the game room for another hour or so, we left, extremely disappointed, only to find out here on the forums that it DID in fact happen, only God knows when. I am still waiting to hear when it started and why it was so late, I really am genuinely curious.

That was my only big complaint about gaming. Well that and having to pay for machines, since I am used to freeplay on games at Youmacon, but I understand that some of those games were more expensive to rent out and such, so I know that won't change. xD Oh, would have liked to see Initial D there as well. But not a big loss. : )

I'm sorry for such a late response due to my absence since finals took over my schedule last week. Getting back to the CoD4 tournament, I very sorry it ran late this year due to unfortunate circumstances. As you stated, we had only one copy of CoD4 at hand for the Xbox360. However, it managed to get scratched by one of the Xbox's, luckily none of the other games weren't scratch. This left us with no game to run the tournament. Without our DH, the CoD4 tournament would have been like the DoA4 tournament: cancelled. Fortunately enough, he does have a copy of it and run the tournament a hour later than expected. I give props to Kane for doing such a great job as DH.

Anyhow, all I really want to say is that we try our best to run ACEN's VG Room, but it doesn't mean we always get what we needed. As you already seen, sometimes donaters, don't donate at all at ACEN and left with a short of games, consoles, controllers, cables, etc.
Can I have Smoked Cheese?
Tumblr | Flickr
ACEN 2011 Photo Collection

#59 User is offline   Sakamura 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4619
  • Posts: 72
  • Joined: 16-May 05
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

View Postmole_force, on May 21 2009, 05:39 PM, said:

As you stated, we had only one copy of CoD4 at hand for the Xbox360. However, it managed to get scratched by one of the Xbox's, luckily none of the other games weren't scratch. This left us with no game to run the tournament. Without our DH, the CoD4 tournament would have been like the DoA4 tournament: cancelled.

Yeah, you can't flip the older Xbox360s while it's turned on.
Former Staff

#60 User is offline   GSDfan87 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 6821
  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: 18-April 06

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:07 AM

I would like to suggest two things:

1. People running a tournament should know the game (Halo 3 tourney I am looking at you)

2. Game rules (settings, maps, etc) should be decided prior to the start of the tourney


Also I volunteer to run the Halo 3 tourney next year if no one else has done so already

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users