• This topic is locked

Pokemon Pbr Tournament Results

#1 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9773

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

Special Thanks go too ACEN staff for putting up with not only myself, but going out of there way to make sure we could have a tournament despite all the time delays and other mishaps...That being said, the results were:

1st Place: Joe R.

2nd Place: Hunter N.

3rd Place: Anthony B. (SheikTheGeek/Host)

4th Place: Antonio U.

My apologies for being sleepy during the tournament and miss-spelling/saying any names, this tournament had a 40-45 person turnout which was much more than last year by a about a dozen. The tournament lasted about 6 hours and Thanks too all those that stayed and sorry to all those that had too drop early due to the length of battles. I would like too leave this thread open as long as possible too allow discussion of the tournament itself as well as suggestions for next year.

We hope to have this again next year...and too all those that didnt get the chance too participate, If I am allowed too run it again next year, I cannot say if it will be singles or doubles...only time will tell! :)

Congrats too all the winners! See ya next year!
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#2 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 18178

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Geez six hours O_o
I think the total time for all of the tournies is part of the reason I didn't enter any. I did hang around for a bunch of the Pokémon one, though.
And it's funny you placed third ^^;
Also, my vote is for singles... if votes count for anything.

This post has been edited by Pokemon Trainer: 11 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

"Hey all the meaningful plants, we won't last very long"
ACen '11 cosplay:
Red (Pokémon R/B) + Kouki/Lucas? + Ninten/Ness?

#3 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:16 AM

View PostPokemon Trainer, on May 11 2009, 09:34 PM, said:

Geez six hours O_o
I think the total time for all of the tournies is part of the reason I didn't enter any. I did hang around for a bunch of the Pokémon one, though.
And it's funny you placed third ^^;
Also, my vote is for singles... if votes count for anything.

lol, my only problem with singles is that the tournament would have taken twice as long @_@ and enforcing a time limit on a pokemon battle is something Im not a big fan of...

I do find it very ironic I also placed third last year >.>
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#4 User is offline   Pokemon Trainer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 18178

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:50 AM

Wow. I didn't even consider that it'd take longer. That'd be even more unbearable.
I understand not wanting to enforce time limits. It's sort of like chess, I guess?
I dunno man. Maybe you could limit the number of entrants, or make it a two day thing like Brawl.
"Hey all the meaningful plants, we won't last very long"
ACen '11 cosplay:
Red (Pokémon R/B) + Kouki/Lucas? + Ninten/Ness?

#5 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

View PostPokemon Trainer, on May 12 2009, 07:50 AM, said:

Wow. I didn't even consider that it'd take longer. That'd be even more unbearable.
I understand not wanting to enforce time limits. It's sort of like chess, I guess?
I dunno man. Maybe you could limit the number of entrants, or make it a two day thing like Brawl.

Limiting entrants is something I wouldnt want to do cause that would limit the ever increasing amount of pokemon fans that show up in the game room each and every year...at the same time can understand not wanting to have a day long tournament unless "worse" rules were enforced. As for making it a 2 day thing...that would be up too acen staff too allow, not a decision I can make.

Im looking at how to make 3 on 3 singles work...but Id have to make a really good rule set too keep it competitive...otherwise we might be forced too stick with double due too time restraints.
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users