Anime Central Forums: Official "Help Me Find This Person!" Thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official "Help Me Find This Person!" Thread!

#1 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

Let's try and get all these requests into one thread. Use this as a means to find the random, yet amazing people you ran into, danced with, or connected with at Anime Central 2009!

I'm actually looking for someone myself! I met him Sunday morning in the 8:00-9:00AM range, while outside having a cigarette break at the side doors of the Hyatt. I first started talking to him after he ran head first into the door coming out of the hotel, and screamed how messed up he was (great description, eh?). He was wearing blue jeans, and a red plaid button-down shirt with the first couple buttons undone. He had brown hair, sweeped over and covering his eyes on my right, his left side of his face. And the back was a bit longer, almost like a "scene-mullet" sorta do. He had the most beautiful blue eyes in the world, by the way. Overall, if I had to stereotype, I'd say he's got the whole indie-ish look to him.

I told him I was too tired to go walk to the bathroom, and he carried me like a baby inside to the bathroom near the grand ballroom. He waited on a chair outside until I was done, and then I sat down with him, and we had a MARVELOUS kiss (not to mention some girl walked past us and screamed "SEX!").

He introduced himself to me as Tanner, but I'm not sure if that's his real name, his nickname, or last name. He said he was from Indiana, but lives in Wicker Park now, I believe? And if I remember correctly, said he was going to go to Columbia.

Help me, anyone! This guy was a TOTAL sweetheart!
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#2 User is offline   Firearm of Mutiny 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 29853

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

I'm looking for the gal that hugged me at Karaoke because I knew who the Chunichi Dragons were. :D Needless to say, I was the guy decked out in Chunichi Dragons fan gear on Saturday. I think she left before I sang Moe Yo Dragons, though.

This post has been edited by Firearm of Mutiny: 11 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

Chunichi Dragons: ROAD TO VICTORY
Nagoya Grampus: STRONG BELIEVIN'

#3 User is offline   Maha 

• Incrementally Inclined
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 18557

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

It was an IRT i was in the pedobear costume and was dancing with "sorta" at the rave.
Mloop~

#4 User is offline   Steve-O 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 29466

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on May 11 2009, 04:15 PM, said:

Let's try and get all these requests into one thread. Use this as a means to find the random, yet amazing people you ran into, danced with, or connected with at Anime Central 2009!

I'm actually looking for someone myself! I met him Sunday morning in the 8:00-9:00AM range, while outside having a cigarette break at the side doors of the Hyatt. I first started talking to him after he ran head first into the door coming out of the hotel, and screamed how messed up he was (great description, eh?). He was wearing blue jeans, and a red plaid button-down shirt with the first couple buttons undone. He had brown hair, sweeped over and covering his eyes on my right, his left side of his face. And the back was a bit longer, almost like a "scene-mullet" sorta do. He had the most beautiful blue eyes in the world, by the way. Overall, if I had to stereotype, I'd say he's got the whole indie-ish look to him.

I told him I was too tired to go walk to the bathroom, and he carried me like a baby inside to the bathroom near the grand ballroom. He waited on a chair outside until I was done, and then I sat down with him, and we had a MARVELOUS kiss (not to mention some girl walked past us and screamed "SEX!").

He introduced himself to me as Tanner, but I'm not sure if that's his real name, his nickname, or last name. He said he was from Indiana, but lives in Wicker Park now, I believe? And if I remember correctly, said he was going to go to Columbia.

Help me, anyone! This guy was a TOTAL sweetheart!

well I wasn't at acen this year:(...but I do however live in wicker park...maybe I've bumped into him before LOL but yeah hope you find this guy ^_^

#5 User is offline   LunaYusema 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19696

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

This thread is a good idea. o-o Anyways, on Friday I was standing with a few friends and this guy walked up to me after I met his eyes for a small second. I was creeped out and I was kind of rude to him. (I wouldn't respond when he came up to me really) I have no idea who he was and I don't think he was ever in cosplay. He had glasses and a grey shirt and well any other bit of information doesn't really help because it's vague enough as it is. He looked like he was ...almost-done-with-college-age? He was walking around with a friend Friday night. Um, he had hair on his chin? Gawd I suck at this! D: He looked normal I don't know what else to say. He had short hair too, on the dark side.

#6 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

View PostSteve-O, on May 11 2009, 11:56 PM, said:

well I wasn't at acen this year:(...but I do however live in wicker park...maybe I've bumped into him before LOL but yeah hope you find this guy ^_^

If you find any information about how to contact him (if we're talking about the same guy) or have any friends who know him and have that info, please let me know! Thanks!

Did ANYONE run into the boy I mentioned in the first post? He was entirely way too adorable and kind to let slip away! D;

#7 User is offline   Shlong18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 29847

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

i was wondering if you could read this and help me find this girl....

my post

i remember that she was 15 years old but looked at least 17
www.myspace.com/c4mp0

#8 User is offline   Steve-O 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29466

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on May 11 2009, 07:39 PM, said:

If you find any information about how to contact him (if we're talking about the same guy) or have any friends who know him and have that info, please let me know! Thanks!

Did ANYONE run into the boy I mentioned in the first post? He was entirely way too adorable and kind to let slip away! D;

will do for sure!:D

#9 User is offline   ChaosPRDGi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29646

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:55 AM

Hello everyone,

Great idea compiling all of these in one place!! Anyway, I'm looking for someone I met during the underground rave on Friday. Here's a description:

Her badge name was Devil's Child. She told me her name was Christina (or Kristina; not sure on spelling), but I didn't catch her last name. She also told me she came from Round Lake with fourteen other friends.

She was relatively short, and she had what I thought looked like strawberry blonde colored long hair. She wore pink checkered/flannel short shorts and a white tank top along with white shoes. She also had some random words drawn on her arms and legs. During soap bubble, she had a blue glowstick around her neck.

During the underground rave, I saw her near the crowd toward the stage, but she was just standing by herself. So, I asked her if she wanted to dance and she said yes, taking my hand and bringing me further in the crowd. We danced nonstop till she had to leave and find her friends, near midnight.

On Saturday, during soap bubble, she found me in the lines right outside the ballroom (after the long wait outside!). As soon as she walked in the ballroom, she immediately came up to me and we shared a much, much longer dance (till 3AM!; my feet were killing me..). After all that dancing, we took a breather. Before she left, we hugged and I, being an idiot, forgot to get her number or some way to keep in touch.

Please excuse the length of my post. I just really want to find this girl. She made my second time at ACen just outstanding and memorable. I'm normally on the sidelines at dances and raves, but she made it easy for me (just the way she reacted to me right when I went up to her), attracting me to her even more. Oops, I'm going on and on again...

I will forever be grateful and appreciative of any help with finding her. Thanks everyone!!

This post has been edited by ChaosPRDGi: 12 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

#10 User is offline   ninkasa 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29931

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:26 AM

I'm looking for a girl I kept encountering on Friday and Saturday. She was dressed as Cloud from FFVII -- very small and I think she was staying at the Intercontinental down the street from the con -- and it seemed everytime I turned around she was there. I was dressed as Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist, usually in the company of Balthier and everytime I saw this girl, I had to stop to look at her. We ran into her again on the way back to the hotel when we were dressed as Kingdom Hearts and she smiled at me. I never got up the courage to actually talk to her and now I wish I had.

#11 User is offline   Sani10 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18578

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

So I'm not really looking for someone because I wanna hook up lol...

On Saturday night, I was watching the DDR tournament, and I started talking to this guy with the name "repeat" on his badge, and we were having fun just chatting about DDR and Gurren Lagann because I was cosplaying Yoko at the time. Later, we met up before the Soap Bubble, and we were gonna wait with him in line, but it was way early, and the IRT stopped me and my friends, but he was able to get ahead. We were gonna hang out at the dance, but we ended up not going cuz my friends and I had to wait outside, and needless to say, I was freezing (still in Yoko at this point).

So I wanted to find him to apologize for not being at the rave. It just got super cold and I gave up after 45 minutes. If anyone know him, direct him here please. I looked for him Sunday, but couldn't find him.
ACen 2009 ROCKED!!

I was Yoko Rittona all weekend, lots of pictures...x.x

#12 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

I don't necessarily need to "find" anyone, but if it seemed like I "snubbed" anyone (I was Krillin), you gotta understand we're perfect strangers, and - while I'm not freaking out about it - there's an "epidemic" scare going around...I'm sorry if I came off as a d**k for not wanting to shake hands with everyone.

I'm not an @$$h*le, I'm not homophobic. I just don't feel like sharing germs. <:-/

#13 User is offline   Oni-kun 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29728

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

I'd love to find the chick that I danced with during the Soap Bubble wearing the black and white lolita dress with the crazy (white?) hair extensions. However, I think about 3-4 girls that were there fit that description.

Not a big deal really, just really enjoyed the dance and thought she was cute as hell.

1st time soap bubble here, so it was definitely a memorable experience overall. =D

This post has been edited by Oni-kun: 12 May 2009 - 11:45 AM

#14 User is offline   Andrew hill 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29747

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

still looking for emily from the soap bubble (really cute black cat outfit with cat face paint)... we danced for awhile then i went to get some water and you found me again and we danced more... you said you had to go find your friend... i assume you meant katelin... if anyone knows anything please send me a message asap... sorry no pix

#15 User is offline   Meredy_Himura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 3084

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Looking for the people that I hung out with at the BJD panel saturday morning. I was the girl with no doll at all, but I was carrying a Build-a-bear Bunny named Applejack. I babysat one doll while the this lady went to the bathroom, and another sweety let me use his batteries for my camera during the panel and let me play with his Iplehouse Tania. The last one showed me where the booth was where they were selling ball jointed dolls.
Proud momma to a beautiful Luts Ani girl named Madison and a Soom Beyla named Layline.

#16 User is offline   BloodXxRaiaNxX 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29647

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hey there everyone! Theres a girl im looking for as we all can tell.

Her: She was wearing a black skrit, a white shirt, Black Hair and came down to her shoulders, Asian, and looked around 16 years old.

Me: Blue and black tripp with many chains and glow sticks. Black and white Converse, Long brownish black hair in a pony-tail with a pair of goggles and glasses. Wore a Open chest akatsuki coat, with naruto gloves and wristband.

After meetin her in the hallway waitin to get into the soap bubble we ran across each other near the glow stick tables. We talked for a bit and then started to have fun with the sticks and my friend Zack. After while we started to dance closer and closer, i clearly remember saying; "Sorry, i dont want to cause any temptation." you my dear: "Thats ok, i Dont mind." We started to dance even closer until we went into a romantic little make out session. After that you ran off and i have been looking for her since i left the Hyatt. so i looked for about...13 hours. I dont know why, but that kiss and that dance made me develop feelings. If anyone has met her, knows who im talking about, if you have any pics at all with any girl that fits this discrpition, and or has a way for me to communicate with her i would be forever in your debt. ik its sad but i am really really trying to find her. Now i have a pic of a friend that she kinda looks like, i just figured this out this morning... heres the pic: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=791...mp;id=791926163 you might of saw this girl there because she was but there is a different girl who looks like her.
Hey there people of ACEN!!! Its me the infamous Raian! or other known as Minion... LOL XD :)

2009 Cosplays:
Friday: Byakuya Kuchikii (Bleach)
Saturday:Brenacard (Hellsing)
Saturady + Sunday: Sexy Itachi Uchiha (Naruto + randomness)

2010 Cosplay hopes:
All Weekend: Custom Ninja Of The Leaf Village

#17 User is offline   Kyu_sama 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19132

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

i wanted to befriend a couple people that i didnt get the chance to talk to.

one was an uriyu (watever the mini girl's name is from bleach) she had an awesome high pitched voice
ACen 2014 photos: http://www.facebook....20806810&type=1
2014 Fairy Tail shoot: https://www.facebook...85571810&type=1
ACen 2015 Goal: $500 +hotel (progress: $0)
ACen 2015 cosplay: Ultimate spiderman (miles morales), Anbu black ops, Gray Fullbuster (with ice-make arrow), Scorpio (fairy tail)
ACen 2015 cosplay progress: U. Spiderman-99%, Anbu-0%, Gray-0%, Scorpio -0%
Hardcore Synergy + Soap Bubble = awesomeness!

#18 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

Any chance this thread and the "Official 'Did You See Me At ACen' Thread" be stickied so we can try and keep all these posts/requests in one central location?

#19 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on May 13 2009, 09:38 AM, said:

Any chance this thread and the "Official 'Did You See Me At ACen' Thread" be stickied so we can try and keep all these posts/requests in one central location?

Done.

#20 User is offline   DioxideIL 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 27908

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:50 AM

I've been trying to find an answer to my question. Maybe this thread will do the trick...

Who was the host of the Anime Scene It! game? He was great! He handled a line of masked attendees trying to disrupt the game VERY well. Not only that, he was funny throughout the entire game. Kudos, my good man.... whomever you are.
Decided not to bring a signature book due to lack of interest.

---Chibi Chaser---

#21 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

Ah, h311, why not? :lol:

I don't even know if she was at ACen, but Sunday at McDonald's, my friend was showing off her Bumblebee VW Beetle to a growing crowd of people, and a girl told me I was cute, took my picture, then went to Giordano's. Didn't ask me for my number, didn't offer hers. :unsure:

I was wearing the black Serenity "Jayne Grenades" hoodie, and frayed brown Autobot baseball hat. ^_^

#22 User is offline   Mr. Phil Pickles 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 30168

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

I'm looking for Allison and Colleen!

They were my buddies whom helped me break through my introversion at this crazy place we call ACEN.

Definitely two charming lolitas that I won't soon forget. :)

#23 User is offline   superkittyfox 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29653

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

I was the short asian girl around all the lobbies on friday night.

I admit I most likely came off as intoxicated by booze that night, and thats not wrong to assume that, because I was. Sorry.
I was wearing a long sleeved white laced up wedding dress earlier that night. Then a long sleeved white collared shirt over short black frill lingerie from vic. sec. Half my buttocks was showing and i had heavy makeup on.

I'm looking for two people. They are both in my pictures (in my signature).
One of the people I am looking for is a guy dressed as a pink lolita.
Second person I am looking for is a long hair guy with square glasses that was smoking a fake cig that night.
He looked awfully bored with me being drunk.

Anyone who are one of those two people, please please I would like to talk to you more! You are interesting!
Anyone else who may know who they are let me know too! Thanks.

Stella Valentina!
Message me for my phone number.

I like meeting new people.
facebook.com/superkittyfox

#24 User is offline   Mercenaryx2070 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7160

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:54 AM

I kinda' wanted to find this IRT guy that had clearly started a screaming match outside the smoking area by the Hyatt... Or at least that's the way I took it ^.^;;
It was Saturday night and it was pretty early... I think people were lining up for the Soap Bubble?
Anyway, just wanted to say sorry for screaming in your face, dude ^.^;

#25 User is offline   dark hope 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 20509

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

I'm looking for a KOS-MOS. I have a thread about it, but that's before I noticed the new sticky, and I didn't get any responses, so I figured I'd throw it up here too.

Here is a reference pic: http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images0...aed93439635.jpg

please send me a pm, comment on my profile, or leave me a message here if you know her or her friend w/the cat ears in the background.
I'm VASH THE STAMPEDE! But you can call me Valentinez Alkalinella Xihac Shushira Boheritz...Gombigovella Bluuuue Stratavari Talentrent Pierre Andre Charton-Haymoss Ivanovichi Baldos George Doitzel Kaiser the Third...don't hesitate to call.
New Vash the Stampede Public Figure Page

#26 User is offline   Siren_N0el 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 22787

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Ah! I am so happy there really is a place for all this. I have a few people I am lookin for. One of which I never even met. >_<

SO

1. Jareth/David Bowie from Labyrinth. He was playing guitar and serenaded our group of peoples all the way to the entrance to the Soap Bubble. He is my HERO!
2. The sweet dude who kept hugging me because I was Mudkip. Hahahahaha soooo vague
3. This guy had loooong blonde hair and was near us in the line to enter the Soap Bubble. He was in an outfit which was clearly cosplay. It was a blue outfit? I dunno what it was from!! But he had some awesome dance skillz and I wanted to tell him that. He disappeared into the crowd before I could groove with him.
4. Howl from Howl's Moving Castle at the Soap Bubble. I think his name is Jeremy. He was raving with some glowsticks. Preeeetty sure he was the only raving Howl.

At the con I was a mudkip gijinka-style. I had short blue hair, orange cheeks, blue corset, giant blue train/tail, and white shorts with orange bubbles on them
I was with my bestie who was Rena from Higurashi/When Cicadas Cry

at the Soap Bubble I was in a black corset (who wasn't?? haha) I had glowing body paint on my arms, neck and cheek. have long brunette hair. (I'd post a pic if I could!) I was in a longer green tutu. My bestie was in a Behemoth t-shirt, white tutu, green tights and MAJOR face paint.

help meeeee

hugs and fishes
Mudkip

Noel
poopies.

#27 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11262

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

View PostSiren_N0el, on May 18 2009, 06:43 PM, said:

3. This guy had loooong blonde hair and was near us in the line to enter the Soap Bubble. He was in an outfit which was clearly cosplay. It was a blue outfit? I dunno what it was from!! But he had some awesome dance skillz and I wanted to tell him that. He disappeared into the crowd before I could groove with him.

I thought you might have been talking about me until you said "awesome dance skillz".
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#28 User is offline   Siren_N0el 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:20 PM

Maybe it was you!

What were ya wearing at Soap Bubble?

I swear if I could find this "white rabbit" easily. I'll be sooo happy!
We tried to find this person once inside. then I saw them by the water and then poof! gone. they did this little jig and disappeared. I was sad.

noel
poopies.

#29 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11262

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

View PostSiren_N0el, on May 19 2009, 12:20 AM, said:

Maybe it was you!

What were ya wearing at Soap Bubble?

I swear if I could find this "white rabbit" easily. I'll be sooo happy!
We tried to find this person once inside. then I saw them by the water and then poof! gone. they did this little jig and disappeared. I was sad.

noel

I was wearing my cosplay for most of the con. What you see in my avatar was what I was wearing but I'm not much of a dancer.
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#30 User is offline   Siren_N0el 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

DARN! No. It was not you then. but you do look pretty bad arse.

this guy i swear looked like a train conductor lmao. it was blue clothing from what I could tell.

too vague! ahhhh! but somehow I shall find yooooou
poopies.

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users