• This topic is locked

Gripes Got something you want fixed...

#631 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

It seems like a lot of areas are campaigning for help more than normal ^^;;; short staffed this year?
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#632 User is offline   Gabichox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 59269

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostDarkspawn, on 19 February 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

LOL. There were two lines for the concert last year. One inside, one outside. Both started forming around the same time, as far as I know, and IRT told the people inside that that's where they were supposed to line up. But almost an hour later they suddenly decided to combine the lines, and everyone in the inside line had to go to the very back of the huuuuuuuge line outside. One girl started crying.

IRT is still doing this? I would be crying too! I remember a long time ago I was waiting to get autographs from TsuShiMaMiRe. I was 3rd in line. About 30 minutes into waiting some IRT told me and a few others that we were in the wrong line and sent us walking all through the dealers room. It wasn't until a while later that they realized we were not waiting for some comic book artist's signature. Luckily I got back into line because the people who were 1st and 2nd vouched for me DX

Now for LM.C.... I swear if I'm lining up where IRT tells me to and then they suddenly decide to change their mind I'm not getting out. They'll have to pry my body off of the carpet. It's ridiculous the lack of information that is spread among them and how they suddenly decide to move people. I know it's hard but if you find out the line is not working, don't punish the people who waited and send them to the back. :/
ACen 2014 cosplay;
Donald Duck - [Thursday]
Mankanshoku Mako [Osaka Trip] - Kill la Kill [Friday]
Agnès Oblige!Freelancer - Bravely Default [Saturday]

#633 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

View PostUnka Josh, on 27 February 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Yep. To clarify:

The AMV staff quit.

The Powers That Be struggled to find replacements. This was difficult.

At the 11th hour, I said "Well, my department is doing pretty well, I guess I'll try to help out and take over AMVs."

Unfortunately, this didn't happen until late in the game, and I've never run an AMV department before, so I'm scrambling to do what I can. I'm sorry that it won't be what it could be this year, but I'm doing everything in my power to make AMVs awesome.

Hey Josh is there anything us congoers can do to make thing easier for you?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#634 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 28 February 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Hey Josh is there anything us congoers can do to make thing easier for you?

I appreciate the thought!

If there's anything you can do, it's this:

Please be understanding. I'm learning the job; I'm throwing this all together with a lot less time than the job really needs, and I'm trying to get things squeezed in in places that are still available.

So... we won't have everything that we should this year. That's not the fault of the con-goers, and it's not fair to you guys, and I'm sorry about that. I'm doing everything that I can to make this as good as I can, though, and I'll listen and come up with better things for next year.

Oh, and I do intend to take submissions. We won't have a contest-- I don't have time to make a good one, and a bad one wouldn't be fair to the AMV makers-- but I do intend to screen stuff people send me, so once I post the guidelines, go on and send us stuff!
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#635 User is offline   mindue 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60684

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postldychaos, on 16 July 2011 - 11:45 AM, said:

Sorry about the delay in response to this topic, I just found it as I was scrolling through. At this point in time the only way to receive the service discount is at the on site convention registration booths. We do not offer the service discount through early registration nor do we offer to mail them. Mindue I will mention your suggestion to the Department Head, Melinda Hayden.

Charlene Vazquez
Assistant Department Head of Registration

Thank you, I really appreciate this! I think that if there is at least a booth for discount badges for people in service, or something along those lines, that it could really help some people get through the lines quicker. Also I don't know if this would be a possibility, but maybe there could be a reimbursement for people in the service that order their badges?

#636 User is offline   Hoshigumo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61317

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postmindue, on 01 March 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Thank you, I really appreciate this! I think that if there is at least a booth for discount badges for people in service, or something along those lines, that it could really help some people get through the lines quicker. Also I don't know if this would be a possibility, but maybe there could be a reimbursement for people in the service that order their badges?

We had no idea that there WAS a military discount. My husband and I have already ordered our badges and asked for them through the mail, since we're coming from out of state. I hope Mindue's suggestion is taken into serious consideration.
ACen Cosplay 2014:
Celty Sturluson
Ren Kougyoku
Naoto Shirogane (detective ver.)

#637 User is offline   wolfgurl1993 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61631

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

My issue with last year was the placement of the lines for Autograph sessions. It was in everyone's way and i hated that they cut off the lines so quickly. Some of the people wanting to get into the lines probly wouldn't be able m=to meet those people again ever and I don't think it was fair to only let like 40 people in a line. The placement of it the year before last was much better, and more people got to see the people they wanted to see. So is it possible you guys could put it back there this year?

~2012 ACen cosplays: -Ciel Phantomhive- Black Butler~
-Green- Pokemon (manga/games version of Gary)
-Lolita.~

#638 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Forums Manager
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:48 AM

View Postwolfgurl1993, on 04 March 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

My issue with last year was the placement of the lines for Autograph sessions. It was in everyone's way and i hated that they cut off the lines so quickly. Some of the people wanting to get into the lines probly wouldn't be able m=to meet those people again ever and I don't think it was fair to only let like 40 people in a line. The placement of it the year before last was much better, and more people got to see the people they wanted to see. So is it possible you guys could put it back there this year?

The autograph line should be much better this year.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#639 User is offline   Sir Viver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45691

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Can we get some renowned non-musical international guests again? Voice actors, producers, directors, manga artists, character designers, etc..? Considering Youma has been 1-upping ACen for the past few years in that field, and even Kollision is starting to take midwest guest supremacy..? It would be nice. :<
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether...
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel...
Let strength be granted so the world might be mended...
So the world might be mended...

#640 User is offline   woozle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61629

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

This was my first Acen, and i had a good time, can't wait to come back next year. But my biggest was with the registration and pre-reg lines on friday. At the time, i had really bad back problems, and none of us thought we'd be in line that long, so I was wearing heels as part of my costume (those came off real quick in line). But, having back problems, I was really annoyed when me and my group of friends tried to even sit down in line to rest our backs for a couple minutes. I understand that when the line was moving, we couldn't. but really, the ONLY times we did it were when lines were at a standstill, not moving very far at ALL. and when we did, we were yelled at to stop sitting. and i do mean YELLED at by staff. we were not the only ones sitting, and everyone who WAS also got yelled at. i don't know about everyone else, but our group tried to make ourselves as small as possible when sitting, so as not to take up too much space in line.

Also, we had been there as a group Naruto cosplay on saturday, so we were disappointed to find out that the photoshoot was when we were in LINE on friday. we had no idea where any photoshoots were, really. please try and have a copy of the schedule of all the photoshoots and gatherings in the program book this year. thanks :)

Like I said, this was my first acen, and it was a blast. Can't wait to be back this year. I just hope lines are better this year.

This post has been edited by woozle: 21 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

#641 User is offline   Darkspawn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61343

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

I really wish Acen had a refund policy. Like, if you knew by some date in April (say, April 10) that you were no longer able to make it, you would be able to get at least a partial refund (so that Acen was still covered for the cost of the badge that was created and mailed out). About 4 hours ago my father had a heart attack out of the blue. I still have no word on how severe it was, and what the recovery will be like, but there's a very good chance my mother and I just won't be able to make it to Acen anymore. But then we're out a little over $100, which normally wouldn't be too horrible, but with the cost of the medical bill we'll be getting (including a Flight for Life trip), every little bit is going to count right now.
"Men's hearts hold shadows darker than any tainted creature."

#642 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostDarkspawn, on 25 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I really wish Acen had a refund policy. Like, if you knew by some date in April (say, April 10) that you were no longer able to make it, you would be able to get at least a partial refund (so that Acen was still covered for the cost of the badge that was created and mailed out). About 4 hours ago my father had a heart attack out of the blue. I still have no word on how severe it was, and what the recovery will be like, but there's a very good chance my mother and I just won't be able to make it to Acen anymore. But then we're out a little over $100, which normally wouldn't be too horrible, but with the cost of the medical bill we'll be getting (including a Flight for Life trip), every little bit is going to count right now.

That is pretty rough but I'd imagine it would be tough from their end. Since they would need the badge back and verify that it was yours and then figure out how to do the refund (can't do to credit card after so much time, probably have to cut a check). It is unfortunate but almost every convention/concert/event I've gone to hasn't allowed refunds.
All systems... GO!

#643 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi folks,

I'm going to interject in here and create a new 2012 Gripes topic in this very forum so that we can stay organized. the old one will be closed so that people don't get the two confused!

Thanks all.
JJ Mish
Anime Central IT Department, Asst. Department Head 2010-2013
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site
Note that I am not a moderator or "administrator" of the ACen forums. My Administrator is for
maintenance reasons only. If you need help, it is encouraged you get a hold of Alkaren or forums@acen.org. Thanks!

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users