• This topic is locked

Just A Little Help Please my cosplay

#1 User is offline   Itachi-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28855

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Ok this has probably been posted somewhere before but this year for acen i want to do ichigo kurosaki from bleach and i have a question about his zanbatou. I want to make it look as good as i can but what ive been wondering is in the case that unless im outside or posing somewhere out of the way following the con guidelines can the sword be made at full length which including the handle is about 63 inches but like i said it will be attached to me and only extend from my body less than the six inches.

#2 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

irt will be sure to nab that
for that to fly the sword would have to be more or less pertinently to your cosplay
and not sticking you more than 6"
people try that trick all the time
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

^ Basically what Knives said. A Zanbatou is a weapon, an accessory for a cosplay. It is not something that he wears, it is something he carries.

This applies with wings too. It may be a part of the costume, but they have to be under the height limit as well.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

If you really want Ichigo's full size sword you would need to make it out of wood, cardboard or PVC in pieces that are no more than 4 feet long. If it splits in half into two 4 foot pieces for carrying around, then JUST when you're posing for a picture you assemble it into one 8 foot sword, then that's a-ok. I've seen Cloud swords done that way too, in pieces.

Hmmm that makes me think. Who's got the bigger sword, Ichigo or Cloud? ;)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#5 User is offline   Itachi-kun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 28855

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

yeah i just wasnt sure be cause the sword would never be more than 6 inches from me in any direction as long as it was sheathed considering the blade on ichigos sword is only 4 foot exactly and the handle is is about a foot and a quarter so i wasnt sure because that in all would make it in all about 5foot 4inches and im 6'1 so it wouldnt ever be more than 6inches well thanks for letting me know anyways im going to have to find a way to work this in lol and i have made it from wood so i need to think it through

This post has been edited by jonkalucard666: 30 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

#6 User is offline   FullMetalX_X 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19483

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Apr 29 2009, 11:25 PM, said:

If you really want Ichigo's full size sword you would need to make it out of wood, cardboard or PVC in pieces that are no more than 4 feet long. If it splits in half into two 4 foot pieces for carrying around, then JUST when you're posing for a picture you assemble it into one 8 foot sword, then that's a-ok. I've seen Cloud swords done that way too, in pieces.

Hmmm that makes me think. Who's got the bigger sword, Ichigo or Cloud? ;)

As much as the Bleach fan in me hates to admit it. I think Clouds Ultima Weapon from FFVII the first game IS both Wider and Longer than Clouds> [Blade Envy]

IF Anyone says that the Ultima Weapon doesn't count but then says something about Cloud's Sword in Kingdome Hearts Im going to punch them in the scrotum
Mankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To Obtain Something Of Equal Value Must Be Lost

#7 User is offline   R1KKu 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 601

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Why not just use a regular, katana length wooden bokken? They are within the prop length limits.

View PostFullMetalX_X, on Apr 30 2009, 07:46 PM, said:

IF Anyone says that the Ultima Weapon doesn't count but then says something about Cloud's Sword in Kingdome Hearts Im going to punch them in the scrotum

Someone has anger issues. Really not appropriate for the forums here. :rolleyes:
I have zombies and I'm not afraid to use them!!

#8 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

HA i remember last year

walking sideways i the air walks with my wings good thing one of m pops off to make it easy
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users