Anime Central Forums: Mailing And Etc. Info Everyone Read Plz - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mailing And Etc. Info Everyone Read Plz Mail, will-call, at con reg, etc

#61 User is offline   Alura Embrey 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16908

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Thanks a bunch akaikurama. I knew the answer had to be somewhere and I was just missing it.
Cosplay '09
?Tousen?

My Home and Life
Alura on Myspace
(Make sure to say you're from ACen)

#62 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for having to post here about this; I have read through these threads to see if my particular question can be answered but I'm not seeing it. (Sorry if I missed it; if you could link me, I'd be grateful.)

I've been trying to log in to see the status of my badge but I get an error message every time. Now, I know I can't login here (can't even pull up the page) where I'm posting currently because it is an older version of IE but at home, I have a very recent version of Internet Explorer and I get a different error message everytime I attempt to login. Am I even logging into the correct portion?

Secondly, I am resolved, as I have not recieved my badge yet, that I will probably have to go to the special booth and get a reprint but all the proof I have of my purchase is my credit card statment. I did not recieve, as the two other people in my party who registered at the same time, a confirmation email. I did recieve a Registration email a few days ago welcoming me to ACen 2009 but that's about it. What sort of hassle am I going to get when I take my photo ID and ask for my reprint and they can't, for some magical reason, find me in the system?

I only ask these questions because this has happened to me before at Anime Central.

Thank you for your patience and your help!
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#63 User is offline   Valencia Crowe 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17679

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Try using Firefox. It is a lot better than IE. :)

Edit: I am glad SOMEONE actually looks before posting their question. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Valencia Crowe: 05 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people" -Harry MacDougal

#64 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

View Postsailorgaia, on May 5 2009, 02:13 PM, said:

Sorry for having to post here about this; I have read through these threads to see if my particular question can be answered but I'm not seeing it. (Sorry if I missed it; if you could link me, I'd be grateful.)

I've been trying to log in to see the status of my badge but I get an error message every time. Now, I know I can't login here (can't even pull up the page) where I'm posting currently because it is an older version of IE but at home, I have a very recent version of Internet Explorer and I get a different error message everytime I attempt to login. Am I even logging into the correct portion?

IE 7 and 8 both with with our reg system; I've checked them personally and recently. PM me the error message you get, and we'll take it from there.

Secondly, I am resolved, as I have not recieved my badge yet, that I will probably have to go to the special booth and get a reprint but all the proof I have of my purchase is my credit card statment. I did not recieve, as the two other people in my party who registered at the same time, a confirmation email. I did recieve a Registration email a few days ago welcoming me to ACen 2009 but that's about it. What sort of hassle am I going to get when I take my photo ID and ask for my reprint and they can't, for some magical reason, find me in the system?

Check your spam filter for the confirmation e-mail. As for not being able to be found in the system, we haven't had any of those yet on this system, so that seems an unlikely scenario. If you have your photo ID and your credit card statement, you should be able to get your badge will little fuss.

P.S.: I just checked. Your badge is in the system, marked as printed and waiting at will-call. Does that give you some more faith?
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft
IRT Assistant Department Head
I <3 People Who <3 IRT!
Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#65 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

View PostTheRabbi, on May 5 2009, 02:37 PM, said:

IE 7 and 8 both with with our reg system; I've checked them personally and recently. PM me the error message you get, and we'll take it from there.

Check your spam filter for the confirmation e-mail. As for not being able to be found in the system, we haven't had any of those yet on this system, so that seems an unlikely scenario. If you have your photo ID and your credit card statement, you should be able to get your badge will little fuss.

P.S.: I just checked. Your badge is in the system, marked as printed and waiting at will-call. Does that give you some more faith?

I cannot remember what version of IE we have here at work but I know it is incompatable with your Reg system. At home, I'll have to get back to you on that one as I cannot recall exactly what it stated. I think it was a "505 error."

I really appreicate you checking for me! I suppose this means that somehow I did not get a mailed badge. I know this sounds stupid but I didn't even think about it until now but that explains why I have an even $50 charged to me. I suppose in future I'll have to be ever more diligent on how things are being filled out when I register online as I was positive I selected that I wanted my badge mailed to me.

Thanks again for all your help. Good luck with all other operations this weekend!
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#66 User is offline   standardstaples 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27149

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

I have a few questions about Thursday registration:
Is will-call for those who have registered for their badges on the site and are going to pick the badges up at the convention center?
And do I have to be at the convention center before a certain time on Thursday in order to wait in line and get my badge? I will probably get there to pick up my badge around 3:30 to 4:00 since I'll be in school before then, and I'm afraid that it will be too late for me to get my badge.

I heard of people waiting for a really long time, and although it seems you have made many changes so that the lines move quickly I'm still really worried.

#67 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

View Poststandardstaples, on May 5 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

Is will-call for those who have registered for their badges on the site and are going to pick the badges up at the convention center?
And do I have to be at the convention center before a certain time on Thursday in order to wait in line and get my badge? I will probably get there to pick up my badge around 3:30 to 4:00 since I'll be in school before then, and I'm afraid that it will be too late for me to get my badge.

I heard of people waiting for a really long time, and although it seems you have made many changes so that the lines move quickly I'm still really worried.

We've opened Thursday to everyone, so there will be: an area for will-call which is people who have paid for their badge and wanted to pick it up at the convention, and a payment area for people that need to pay for their badges and get them made. Don't worry about registration closing, registration opens at 4pm on Thursday and will stay open till 10pm.
Senior Manager of Sales
Anime Central 2011 - 2012

#68 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

View Poststandardstaples, on May 5 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

here is a link for the reg hours: http://www.acen.org/basics/hours.html
reg is open during those hours (Thursday is from 4pm to 10 pm) and you can pick it up during those hours, so you will get there just in time for reg to be opening.
Yes will call is for those who have registered for their badges and are just picking them up. and as you can see from this quote from the first post how the lines will work.

WILL-CALL ;)

Is printed and alphabetical and organized into 5 lines. Each line has 200ish badges in it which means lines are going to be ridiculously short! 200 people and not everyone is going to show up at the same time! it's 4pm-10pm Thursday, 8am-10pm Friday and some Saturday. Imagine how short this line is going to be and do a happy dance if you didn't choose mailing! *<(^.^<)(>^.^<)<(^.^)>(>^.^)>* KIRBY DANCE!!!

Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#69 User is offline   standardstaples 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27149

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Wow, that was fast. Thanks both of you, you were really helpful! It's good to know I don't have to worry about time and all that. I guess I'm not going to wait in the will-call line, since I only registered for the badge but didn't pay for it. Thanks again!

#70 User is offline   Krisart 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29410

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

I have a question about badge pickup. My boyfriend is unable to make it to the con until late Friday evening due to school events. I will be there to pickup my badge on Thursday evening, if he gave me a photo ID would i be able to pick his badge up at the same time?

#71 User is offline   okaonos 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 25376

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

View PostKrisart, on May 7 2009, 11:42 AM, said:

I have a question about badge pickup. My boyfriend is unable to make it to the con until late Friday evening due to school events. I will be there to pickup my badge on Thursday evening, if he gave me a photo ID would i be able to pick his badge up at the same time?

No, he needs to be there in person.
# of ACen's attended: 9
Hotel: Hyatt
Cosplay: Rukia (Bleach) - 100%

~Spam Squad~

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users