Guest Announcements At long last

#61 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:53 AM

View PostRenegadePocky, on Apr 28 2009, 04:21 AM, said:

Golden Week is the SAME week as ACen. Many guests are on holiday with their families.

That would explain why we have few Japanese guest this year.
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#62 User is offline   Lenne 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 425

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:38 AM

Yup, it would.

View Postopimus.rm, on Apr 17 2009, 04:25 PM, said:

Why did the con get Ed Greenwood ? He's has written lots of D&D stuff. What does he have to do with anime and manga?

The gaming departments at ACen are actually pretty large sections of the con. So why can't we get something? :P
♥ Alana ♥
Table Top Gaming ADH ACen 2008 - 2010
Table Top Gaming Staff ACen 2006 - 2007
No one has invaded my sig yet. Mwahahahaa >P

....Then along came SongstressLenne ♥ Alkaren stopped in too ♥

#63 User is offline   Hikari189 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3666

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

I don't know anything official on this but someone mentioned ACen possibly hurting for money and it made me think that with all the damage done in the registration area to the computers last year that they would need to buy new stuff. The money has to come from somewhere. Maybe people should learn better ways of taking out their frustration rather than pointless destruction of property.

I for one am happy with the guest list as is pretty much everyone in my group. Also, Ed Greenwood being there means I can get a gift for my older brother that he'll really like so good job guys.
Video Gaming Staff 2012ADH of Exhibit Hall 2010-11Exhibit Hall staff 2009

#64 User is offline   gundamnook 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 579

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:06 AM

View PostEnder, on Apr 25 2009, 01:03 AM, said:

Will Mark have a panel and signing session of his own, or is he permanently paired with Vic in everything he does?

A lot of Gundam Wing fans, in my experience, are a part of the older crowd of congoers while Vic fans are the exact opposite. Mark hasn't had as many top tier roles as Vic and I foresee any panel involving the two of them quickly becoming onesided from the audience perspective and favoring Vic.

If Mark doesn't have anything solo, I (for one) will be severely disappointed.

I heard a rumor that there was one more Gundam Wing VA in the works, but nothing has been announced because the details are not finalized. Is this rumor true? I think Mark should be paired with a VA that has at least been in other things that he has done as well. Just throwing him in a panel with some random VA is just wrong. And I for one will not sit in on a panel that has Vic in it. I'm sorry but the guy has a total ego problem and since I'm an older con goer I don't want to sit and watch the younger con goers ignore Mark for Vic. :angry:
僕が正義だ

#65 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

So uh, is Colleen Clinkenbeard going to get a panel of her own, or at least something other than a panel with every single female VA that's coming? =/. Because she's literally the only guest I'm interested in, and VAs such as Caitlin Glass and Vic Mignogna (><) are getting their own panels. So..why not Colleen?
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#66 User is offline   Ender 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 28535

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

View Postgundamnook, on Apr 29 2009, 03:06 AM, said:

I heard a rumor that there was one more Gundam Wing VA in the works, but nothing has been announced because the details are not finalized. Is this rumor true? I think Mark should be paired with a VA that has at least been in other things that he has done as well. Just throwing him in a panel with some random VA is just wrong. And I for one will not sit in on a panel that has Vic in it. I'm sorry but the guy has a total ego problem and since I'm an older con goer I don't want to sit and watch the younger con goers ignore Mark for Vic. :angry:

I'd like to know if this rumor's true as well. I haven't heard it before, but I'm interested in knowing.

If it's allowed, could we get a yes or no on whether or not there's another Gundam Wing VA being talked to? I know Scott's out, but are Kirby, Ted, or Brad a possibility?

#67 User is offline   Nakigahara 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59253

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

So is Raveman going to be an actual musical guest (with a concert and whatnot) or is he just a "normal" guest?

#68 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

View Postgundamnook, on 29 April 2009 - 01:06 AM, said:

Hey, I'm sorry, but I think that counts as guest bashing. I understand your want to see your preferred VA solo, but some guests read these forums and it will look bad for the con and hurt their feelings to see rumors like this.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#69 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

This thread is from last year please let the thread rest in peace, none of the guest announcements in this thread pertain to this year.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#70 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

View PostKrystal, on 10 April 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

Hey, I'm sorry, but I think that counts as guest bashing. I understand your want to see your preferred VA solo, but some guests read these forums and it will look bad for the con and hurt their feelings to see rumors like this.

never mind

This post has been edited by opimus.rm: 10 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#71 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

View Postjsieczkar, on 10 April 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

This thread is from last year please let the thread rest in peace, none of the guest announcements in this thread pertain to this year.

Oh, sorry. It was newly updated today. Why would it be brought back when we don't have many guests this year? ;_;

This post has been edited by Krystal: 10 April 2011 - 07:13 PM

Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users