• This topic is locked

Battle Of The Rock Band's Q&A for the RB2 tournament

#61 User is offline   Kane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5485

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

As I did at con, I would like to deeply appologize to everyone that did not get a chance to shine.

This will happen again next year. It will run smoother, signups will be less hetic, and there should actually be practice time prior to the event.

#62 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

yeah I'm not too pissed. When everyone signed up I expected it. Hopefully more then just you would be in charge of it since you had to work the SSBB tourny up til Rockband.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#63 User is offline   zerovelocity 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 21461

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on May 11 2009, 09:46 PM, said:

I was quite dissapointed in this. Being one of the people that posted and tried to help out with ideals for this online. and then not even being able to play sucked. Plus having no fail mode on and having everyone sign up right before the trouny started sucked too. Hopefully that'll change next year. But the set up was good though.

To be honest, as one of the bands that did get to play(very awesome experience by the way), if no fail mode hadn't been on, all 25 bands would most likely have been able to play as the average failure ratio would have been about 15-20 seconds into a song. Obviously it's not easy to get everything set up like you guys had it in about the 10-minutes you were expected to have it set up in, but the calibration was absolutely horrible, at least for the guitars. Also, I'm still not sure why people were signing up at the tourny since sign-ups were posted in the VG room on Friday and I'm assuming were left out most of Saturday also.

#64 User is offline   AA8 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29942

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

View Postzerovelocity, on May 12 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

To be honest, as one of the bands that did get to play(very awesome experience by the way), if no fail mode hadn't been on, all 25 bands would most likely have been able to play as the average failure ratio would have been about 15-20 seconds into a song. Obviously it's not easy to get everything set up like you guys had it in about the 10-minutes you were expected to have it set up in, but the calibration was absolutely horrible, at least for the guitars. Also, I'm still not sure why people were signing up at the tourny since sign-ups were posted in the VG room on Friday and I'm assuming were left out most of Saturday also.

So the calibration was off?

That definitely explains why people were having so many problems. Honestly, when I left the event I was thinking to myself that it would be nice if the people who tried to play were actually any good.

That really sucks because I was looking forward to seeing people tear through a few songs in person.

Though, you would hope that they next time an event like this is done that all the calibration and stuff would be completed, tested, and verified well before the events starts.

Live and learn :D

#65 User is offline   zerovelocity 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:32 AM

Yeah the calibration was pretty terrible, for instance, I think I wound up with about 80% on a song I normally get between 96-99% on and I can gaurantee you I've played better while doing crazier stuff than I did at the tourny :P and based on the scores other people were getting and the long blocks of silence or casual "Plinks" I think other people were having the same problems.

The biggest problem with calibration is when you have another panel running until 8:00 in the room you're setting up in, you don't have alot of time to make sure the calibration is correct, although the person testing it definitely should have been able to catch something that bad.

#66 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

yeah watching it I noticed that it did seem a little off, but i couldn't see how bad. But by next year, I bet it'll rock even more.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#67 User is offline   zerovelocity 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

Here's hoping :D

#68 User is offline   AfroYES 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 788

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

Yes while we are all saddened that we didnt get to play Im anxious now to see what songs will be available by next year!!!

Also...Im also very thankful that nobody did repeats of songs and Id like to think nobody would have if we all got to play!!!
I will walk those Kyoto streets again, and next time I see her I wont be afraid.
LOVE...love will year us apart...again.

I find it important when to cosplay you do more then dress up. You should act the part as well
WWC-
FRI- Machine Man
SAT- Simon Dark
SUN- ALL BUSINESS!!

#69 User is offline   zerovelocity 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:42 PM

View PostAfroYES, on May 12 2009, 04:36 PM, said:

Yes while we are all saddened that we didnt get to play Im anxious now to see what songs will be available by next year!!!

Also...Im also very thankful that nobody did repeats of songs and Id like to think nobody would have if we all got to play!!!

I was trying to work with the other bands to make sure no one played the same songs, but unfortunately not alot of the bands were on the forums so I didn't make much progress with it. Maybe it's something to think about for the sign-ups next year? I don't think the people watching want to hear the same song or two played 5 or 6 times.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users