Anime Central Forums: Acen 21+ Party? - Anime Central Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen 21+ Party? would you attend if given the option

Poll: ACEN 21+ Party (112 member(s) have cast votes)

WOULD YOU ATTEND?

1. YES (84 votes [73.68%])

Percentage of vote: 73.68%

2. NO (8 votes [7.02%])

Percentage of vote: 7.02%

3. MAYBE (22 votes [19.30%])

Percentage of vote: 19.30%

HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR DRINKS?

1. $3.00 a drink (52 votes [36.88%])

Percentage of vote: 36.88%

2. $4.00 a drink (23 votes [16.31%])

Percentage of vote: 16.31%

3. $5.00 a drink (10 votes [7.09%])

Percentage of vote: 7.09%

4. I'M DOING BOTTLE SERVICE ALL NITE =) (8 votes [5.67%])

Percentage of vote: 5.67%

5. OPEN BAR SPECIAL FOR 2 HOURS (48 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

Vote

#91 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

i think me and a friend will attend this shindig ill cut myself off when ive got the buzz i like actually i may not drink much at all. house music you say? that sounds lovely
any other activities???
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#92 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

View PostSakuraGaijin, on Mar 21 2009, 04:02 AM, said:

i think me and a friend will attend this shindig ill cut myself off when ive got the buzz i like actually i may not drink much at all. house music you say? that sounds lovely
any other activities???

Strip twister?
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#93 User is offline   Inmate77 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10164

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:18 PM

Any chance on charging a cover for non-attendees? I know people that only want to come Saturday night for something like this?

#94 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

View PostInmate77, on Mar 21 2009, 03:18 PM, said:

Any chance on charging a cover for non-attendees? I know people that only want to come Saturday night for something like this?

since this is going to happen at one of the hotel bars its pretty much open to anyone. if your friends wanted to go to the UnderGround Groove (friday night) or the SoapBubble (saturday night) they would need a badge.
Allen Castillo

#95 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

Kewl. The hotel already looks like a good setting. (I love the exterior with the lights) I'm guessing it's at the WXYZ bar? Also it's looks accessible through the hamster trails though it's a longer walk from what I saw from the highway.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#96 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

View PostOreo_Otaku, on Mar 26 2009, 10:03 AM, said:

Kewl. The hotel already looks like a good setting. (I love the exterior with the lights) I'm guessing it's at the WXYZ bar? Also it's looks accessible through the hamster trails though it's a longer walk from what I saw from the highway.

yeah its gonna be the the WXYZ. i still need to work out some stuff hopefully i'll have something of importance to post after this weekend.
Allen Castillo

#97 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

*Anticipation!!!*
~~

#98 User is offline   Mercenaryx2070 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7160

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I tried to go to maybe 2 or 3 parties last year and every single one of them had been busted up either as soon as I got there or just before. So I'm all for a 21+ party and I'm pretty sure my friends would be, too. Especially once they hear it's an actual ACen supported party. I'm actually pretty excited about this, now ^.^

#99 User is offline   Inmate77 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

View PostMercenaryx2070, on Mar 27 2009, 01:55 AM, said:

I tried to go to maybe 2 or 3 parties last year and every single one of them had been busted up either as soon as I got there or just before. So I'm all for a 21+ party and I'm pretty sure my friends would be, too. Especially once they hear it's an actual ACen supported party. I'm actually pretty excited about this, now ^.^

That happened to me last year until I found the staff party! It was kick butt and spent almost 3 hours there before it ended like around 3 so I called it a night after that. Perhaps, we should make a network where we will txt one another where room parties are as they happen.

#100 User is offline   Epic_Fail_Guy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10869

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

I think this is an excellent idea. I also think the criticisms against it are rather faulty. Saying that this would worsen the con for others or cause people to drink themselves to illness seems wrong to me. For one, if you want to drink at Acen, or anywhere else for that matter, you will. If a person is going to go to Acen and get plastered, they'll do it with or without the con having an event like this (there is a bar right in the middle of the Hyatt, and plenty of liquor stores around).

Secondly, I think this could actually REDUCE the number of drunk people wandering around Acen. For one, the event would no doubt be supervised, and have a few IRT members there. This would prevent people from becoming too rowdy and it turning into a mess. It would also give mature 21+ adults a chance to go and drink, party, chill out, and socialize in an environment away from much younger congoers, who would not be exposed to this/have to deal with wandering drunks.

Lastly, it would be a great way to meet people at your age level, and socialize. Don't get me wrong, I love the Soap Bubble, but it is pretty much impossible to actually talk to or get to know anyone there because of the massive amounts of people and noise. I would assume this would be a smaller event, and thus chatting with people there could actually happen.

22 yr. old male, third time con-goer, I support this completely.

Also, Getting a band to play would be awesome, wouldn't have to be anything huge, maybe just a local band. I've helped set up a lot of shows for local venues at my university and finding good local talent is never hard. Usually all they ask in return for playing is gas money, the option to sell there music/merch at the event, and sometimes a place to crash

#101 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:19 PM

were not gonna be doing any bands cuz honestly it doesn't quite fit the atmosphere of the venue were holding it. we will have DJ's there playing some really chill house and deep house.
Allen Castillo

#102 User is offline   Inmate77 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

All that's left to say is "In Allen We Trust"

#103 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

Do we have an actual date/time yet? I'd love to go.
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#104 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

the party will be saturday nite at the WXYZ bar in the Aloft hotel.

start time i'm thinkin around 8pm and stop time will be when the bar close's. i will have a full info hopefully very soon i've been trying to get this thing worked out for the longest time now but am having difficulty with somethings. hopefully the powers that be will come through for me and get this stuff done ASAP.

Allen Castillo

#105 User is offline   Kozi 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10798

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

I'd love to be able to go to an actual party and have a drink or two... I'm not much for the random room parties which I know the hotel frowns upon to begin with.. Yes, there's always gunna be the chance of stupid people getting too drunk, but that'll happen with the room parties anyway.

If this happens, I'll definitely stop by. <3
Kozinu.com . I X I . Myspace . I X I . Personal Site . I X I . Cosplay.com

On AIM. (AIM=Kozinu)

Cosplaying:
Gothy...? No actual cosplay, sorries. Too poor/time restricted this year. (Just got my own place. x-x)

Acen 2007 Photos
Acen 2008 Photos

Claimed by: No one, I r teh singul0r.

=^.^= Part of the Neko Community =^.^=
Yes, I will have jingly black/red kitty ears on for most of the con!

#106 User is offline   ExentricSage 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 976

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

YES!!!! Bring the chaos!!! 8D

I would recomend haveing it Sat. though. You know, it might even eleviate the lines to the Soap Bubble a little, haveing another late night official party. It might also draw more intoxicated rowdy adults out of the dark ballroom full of underage teens, away to a place where they can have their booz without endangering any minors. I think if it can be staffed, it could actualy help make Soap Bubble a little more family friendly again, especialy if there were some way to make people choose ether one or the other rather than both. Like maybe color wrist bands. I'd gladly choose the booz party over the 'all ages rave'.

Here's the idea, neon green wrist band for people who want to atend the SB, Neon Orange for the 21+ party. Maybe issue only one per badge. That way you won't have people tearing off the one and going to ask for the other. Have them choose at badge pick up/registration, and then that's the only one they get and they have to wear it to get in.

Likewise, haveing the drunks wearing a neon colored wrist band would make it easier to spot them, at least untill they take them off, but I imagine they won't at least not untill the party is over. Even after that, many would probably not bother to remove them. Heck, maybe have some sort of incentive for them to keep the wrist band on... hmmm... like if you're still wearing it sunday morning, you get to enter a raffle for some free Acen merch or something. lol

I do so badly want this to happen now!

*edit*

Oh! I see so it is happening! Cool!!! lol I didn't read all the comments before posting mine. XD

Mug Paris

#107 User is offline   hallelujahlogic 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10896

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

yeah, i'll be here fo sho.

#108 User is offline   Yuske_Inuyasha 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 326

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:20 AM

Alls I know is that whenever u decide to have it, let me know when and where.

#109 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

A date and time was given if you read up a few posts...

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 31 2009, 06:09 PM, said:

the party will be saturday nite at the WXYZ bar in the Aloft hotel.

start time i'm thinkin around 8pm and stop time will be when the bar close's. i will have a full info hopefully very soon i've been trying to get this thing worked out for the longest time now but am having difficulty with somethings. hopefully the powers that be will come through for me and get this stuff done ASAP.

~~

#110 User is offline   minathia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27372

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I would come. :)

This post has been edited by minathia: 07 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

#111 User is offline   Kastom 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 27306

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

Was going to say I would be totally up for it, then I remembered that the USA's drinking age is 21.

Party back at my place in Ontario? Hahahahahaha...

Anyways, have fun peoples.
Canadian swayed into traveling 760 km to ACen by Internet friends he had never met (but did at ACen).

theOtaku.com member Kastom

#112 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

ok i'm keeping my fingers crossed i should hopefully have something solid by saturday nite. so stay tuned for possible info.
Allen Castillo

#113 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Club ACEN at the WXYZ Bar @ The Aloft Hotel Saturday Night May 9 2009.

Start time is 8PM and goes till 2AM.

We will have cool sounds, good times, and nice drinks for all those 21 and over.

DJ's Spinning All Night Long.

DJ'S: TBA

Flyer for this party will be out very soon.

Allen Castillo

#114 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

Sounds good.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#115 User is offline   Khaoticfolks 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5983

Post icon  Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:00 PM

View PostExentricSage, on Mar 31 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

YES!!!! Bring the chaos!!! 8D

I would recomend haveing it Sat. though. You know, it might even eleviate the lines to the Soap Bubble a little, haveing another late night official party. It might also draw more intoxicated rowdy adults out of the dark ballroom full of underage teens, away to a place where they can have their booz without endangering any minors. I think if it can be staffed, it could actualy help make Soap Bubble a little more family friendly again, especialy if there were some way to make people choose ether one or the other rather than both. Like maybe color wrist bands. I'd gladly choose the booz party over the 'all ages rave'.

Here's the idea, neon green wrist band for people who want to atend the SB, Neon Orange for the 21+ party. Maybe issue only one per badge. That way you won't have people tearing off the one and going to ask for the other. Have them choose at badge pick up/registration, and then that's the only one they get and they have to wear it to get in.

Likewise, haveing the drunks wearing a neon colored wrist band would make it easier to spot them, at least untill they take them off, but I imagine they won't at least not untill the party is over. Even after that, many would probably not bother to remove them. Heck, maybe have some sort of incentive for them to keep the wrist band on... hmmm... like if you're still wearing it sunday morning, you get to enter a raffle for some free Acen merch or something. lol

I do so badly want this to happen now!

*edit*

Oh! I see so it is happening! Cool!!! lol I didn't read all the comments before posting mine. XD

I have a question. We're (my sister and I) bringing my 10 yr old niece to the convention and I want to attend Soap Bubble with her first (cause she'd be upset if I didn't) and then head over to the adult party afterwards (sans the minor -- she usually only lasts a few hours at Soap Bubble before she's ready to crash). How would that work if I'm only allowed one wristband for either Soap Bubble or the Adults Party?

BTW - Great Idea and I love house music! :D
The Dilemma...
"I wanna horde all the Bishounen to myself!"

Polyandry: a Fangirl's solution....

"I have several surnames. The lady to the house of Inu no Tashio; mate to Sesshoumaru-sama, Mrs. Takayanagi Mitsuomi, Mrs. Kuchiki Byakuya, Mrs. Abarai Renji, Mrs. Makihara Bob, and Mrs. Strife Cloud."

#116 User is offline   Fairy Hime 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2079

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

You're taking a ten year old to the soap bubble and you've done this before? I didn't know that people did that.

Oh and that was just an idea. I highly doubt they'll do it like that as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Acen '10 Cosplays: Yukari from Paradise Kiss and maybe a CD Belly Dancer
Acen Pictures: '06, '07

"Always put off the unpleasant things until tomorrow because you could die today and never have to deal with them."[/color]

#117 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

I got a very stupid random question.....

Will there be a dress code there?????
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#118 User is offline   Fairy Hime 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2079

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

I can't give you an official answer but I can't imagine they would. It's a hotel bar and it's an acen event. I would think that so long as you followed the rules that acen has (which are basically don't let us see your goodies and don't wear anything the sticks out too far from your body) then I think it'd be all ok.
Acen '10 Cosplays: Yukari from Paradise Kiss and maybe a CD Belly Dancer
Acen Pictures: '06, '07

"Always put off the unpleasant things until tomorrow because you could die today and never have to deal with them."[/color]

#119 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Apr 17 2009, 06:55 PM, said:

I got a very stupid random question.....

Will there be a dress code there?????

no dress code really but just don't look like a slob and you should be fine.
Allen Castillo

#120 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

View PostKhaoticfolks, on Apr 17 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

I have a question. We're (my sister and I) bringing my 10 yr old niece to the convention and I want to attend Soap Bubble with her first (cause she'd be upset if I didn't) and then head over to the adult party afterwards (sans the minor -- she usually only lasts a few hours at Soap Bubble before she's ready to crash). How would that work if I'm only allowed one wristband for either Soap Bubble or the Adults Party?

BTW - Great Idea and I love house music! :D

I don't think bringing a 10 year old to the SoapBubble is a good idea personally, but thats just me. plus the SoapBubble won't start till at least 10pm or 1030pm and the 21+ party at the Aloft Hotel starts at 8pm and goes till 2am or last call. no wristband is needed for the 21+ party. so you would just have to plan accordingly to what you wanna do.
Allen Castillo

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users