Anime Central Forums: Hello Cosplay? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hello Cosplay? has anybody used it before?

#1 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19171

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Has anyone used the site hello cosplay? cause I want to order this http://www.hellocosplay.com/code-geass-cos...-made-p-34.html but I'm not sure about the website...
My Deviant Art: http://yokaishinigam...deviantart.com/
Well since I'm part of the Spam Squad, *pulls out an imaginary aresonal of Spam Busting equipment that would look awesome if it were real*SPAM SQUAD HQ
3351 1113 6925 : my pearl friend code BYAKKO's the name
Youtube

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:08 PM

They look decent...but I'm always weary. Ask about them on cosplay.com <3
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#3 User is offline   tsukeru 

• ~Not a Moderator~
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 19344

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:27 AM

Personally, I wouldn't order from them. I was glancing through their gallery and noticed many innaccurate things on their costumes:

http://www.hellocosplay.com/code-geass-the...stume-p-31.html

Also, they do not know the series at all. They are mislabeling character and costumes. I would personally look for someone that knows the series.

#4 User is offline   VilettaNu28 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 23661

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:42 AM

yes I have ordered from them...excellent business :)...I got my order within six days ^-^
ACEN 2012
Friday:Vocaloid: Miku hatsune
Saturday:Zatsune Miku

thought I would update the page haha...but Acen 2012 looks pretty promising and I can't wait to see all te amazing cosplays :3[/color]
Money Budget Goal: $800.00
Money Budget now: $0.00(T-T)

#5 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

@ OharikO: I'm sorry that I didn't make myslef clear, I meant to ask if the cosplay's are durable, comfy, and such... I don't really care about the accuracy too much because I'm going to use it as a base and customize it..

@Villeta: Are the cosplay's durable?

and thanks for the responses everyone
Well since I'm part of the Spam Squad, *pulls out an imaginary aresonal of Spam Busting equipment that would look awesome if it were real*SPAM SQUAD HQ
Youtube

#6 User is offline   VilettaNu28 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 23661

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

hmm....Ive only gotten a wig from them....not their cosplays...but im sure they are just have good service with that
ACEN 2012
Friday:Vocaloid: Miku hatsune
Saturday:Zatsune Miku

thought I would update the page haha...but Acen 2012 looks pretty promising and I can't wait to see all te amazing cosplays :3[/color]
Money Budget Goal: $800.00
Money Budget now: $0.00(T-T)

#7 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19345

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

This site is based in China.
All I know about Chinese import / bootleg costumes is that they are made of the absolute cheapest fabric and material.
They sell a lot of bad costumes at this generic store in my mall, from sites like this.
They look decent on the site, but they fall apart easily after being worn a few times.
Most of the detail is glued on, and they usually don't look the same as they do in the picture.
They are mass produced, and poorly made.
But if you're after a easy steal for a cosplay, then you're in the right place!
Don't spend too much on one of their costumes though. You're bound to be upset in the long run.

" The chaos is over. But I'm sure you too can see the dark clouds on the horizon - Enjoy this brief respite. "

#8 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

View Postpsychonoble, on Feb 14 2009, 10:32 PM, said:

This site is based in China.
All I know about Chinese import / bootleg costumes is that they are made of the absolute cheapest fabric and material.
They sell a lot of bad costumes at this generic store in my mall, from sites like this.
They look decent on the site, but they fall apart easily after being worn a few times.
Most of the detail is glued on, and they usually don't look the same as they do in the picture.
They are mass produced, and poorly made.
But if you're after a easy steal for a cosplay, then you're in the right place!
Don't spend too much on one of their costumes though. You're bound to be upset in the long run.

Thanks...

on another note
Any reccomendations, (cause I want to use it for a movie over the summer) and it'll have to be as durable as say the average clothing that's worn normally...
Youtube

#9 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

View PostVarun, on Feb 14 2009, 10:37 PM, said:

Thanks...

on another note
Any recommendations, (cause I want to use it for a movie over the summer) and it'll have to be as durable as say the average clothing that's worn normally...

Hmmm, I'll have to look into it for you.
Always be cautious when buying anything from China. When it comes to cosplay; either purchase from the USA or Japan, so make sure to look for that.
They will surely be made with more quality and also look "official".
But if you're just wanting to use the outfit for a movie, then this site would be okay.
You're getting an OK costume, but it's not the best. Always purchase what you can afford. ^^

" The chaos is over. But I'm sure you too can see the dark clouds on the horizon - Enjoy this brief respite. "

#10 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

I would recommend qqcosplay.com, but they are also based in China and I do not know how well the cosplay is put together since I know nothing about sewing. x 3x I bought mt Kairi cosplay from them and it seems fine to me. I have yet to wear it like for a day. I have put it on and it is fine to me. I would not be the person to ask about this stuff, but I am throwing that store out there. > 3<
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#11 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

View Postpsychonoble, on Feb 14 2009, 10:45 PM, said:

Hmmm, I'll have to look into it for you.
Always be cautious when buying anything from China. When it comes to cosplay; either purchase from the USA or Japan, so make sure to look for that.
They will surely be made with more quality and also look "official".
But if you're just wanting to use the outfit for a movie, then this site would be okay.
You're getting an OK costume, but it's not the best. Always purchase what you can afford. ^^

oh right more details about the movie... it has to survive multiple days of fights and such...
Youtube

#12 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

View PostVarun, on Feb 14 2009, 11:03 PM, said:

oh right more details about the movie... it has to survive multiple days of fights and such...

It all depends on what you mean by "fighting".
Like reenactments of fights? Or actual fist / weapon on body mash-em-up scenes?
The costume you're looking at should be just fine though. It's not going to fall apart like paper.
It's just cheaply made, but it's still satisfactory to wear around. ^^

#13 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

By fighting I mean choreographed fights where if you screw up you're going to be hurting...

http://www.youtube.c...v=r9iH0ERFFpI... like that sorta... but better... and scripted...

As long as it's decent... not like those halloween costumes they sell here
Youtube

#14 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:49 PM

View PostVarun, on Feb 14 2009, 11:44 PM, said:

By fighting I mean choreographed fights where if you screw up you're going to be hurting...

http://www.youtube.c...?v=r9iH0ERFFpI... like that sorta... but better... and scripted...

As long as it's decent... not like those halloween costumes they sell here

Oh, sounds pretty cool.
Well, even the cheap Chinese versions are a long step above the Halloween costumes sold anywhere. XD
I think it's a good choice, they may look a tad unprofessional, but it'll hold. So you're good, wherever you buy from.

#15 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

View Postpsychonoble, on Feb 14 2009, 11:49 PM, said:

Oh, sounds pretty cool.
Well, even the cheap Chinese versions are a long step above the Halloween costumes sold anywhere. XD
I think it's a good choice, they may look a tad unprofessional, but it'll hold. So you're good, wherever you buy from.

Yeah, and I can always add on stuff, or fix it... I just don't want to make the whole thing by myself... thanks for your help
Youtube

#16 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

View PostVarun, on Feb 14 2009, 11:52 PM, said:

Yeah, and I can always add on stuff, or fix it... I just don't want to make the whole thing by myself... thanks for your help

That's what I was going to say. You can always tune it up to your liking! ^^
You're very welcome.

#17 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19529

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:18 AM

Anyone willing to supply any examples on said Japanese/American cosplay supply sites? As far as I know (which isn't all too far) the majority of cosplay sites seem to be based in China, so it becomes difficult to find anything NOT from China.

This post has been edited by Sweet Sunshine: 15 February 2009 - 01:22 AM

#18 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

View PostSweet Sunshine, on Feb 15 2009, 01:18 AM, said:

Anyone willing to supply any examples on said Japanese/American cosplay supply sites? As far as I know (which isn't all too far) the majority of cosplay sites seem to be based in China, so it becomes difficult to find anything NOT from China.

You're Absolutely right about that. I've been looking for a good half hour now. XD
I've only found a few extremely expensive sites that seems to be commissions only.
-____-; I didn't know the cosplay community business was only limited to Chinese departments.
I guess all of the American Cosplay sites sell wigs or accessories. The costumes you have to have custom made.
That's an expensive hassle. Your best bet these days is to order them from China, if you don't make your own.
:< It's a sad gamble though, as China is the only mass producing cosplay...place out there.
.____________.
And their quality is crap. Stay away! But if you can't, then you better trust the Chinese Bootlegger. >:/

#19 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

Just to throw this in...DO NOT use QQcosplay

Their cosplays are very inaccurate and they use bad quality fabrics and their stitching is terrible. I used them about 5 years ago..and it was terrible.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#20 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

Okay okay, how about this one? :o Does anyone have any insight into Cos00? I know they're not North American (who's Engrish is THAT bad? D: ) but I believe they're Japanese, although I have no information to back that up. They're the site I was hoping to buy a good amount of my costumes from~

This post has been edited by Sweet Sunshine: 15 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

#21 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

View PostSweet Sunshine, on Feb 15 2009, 01:05 PM, said:

Okay okay, how about this one? :o Does anyone have any insight into Cos00? I know they're not North American (who's Engrish is THAT bad? D: ) but I believe they're Japanese, although I have no information to back that up. They're the site I was hoping to buy a good amount of my costumes from~

The site says Japan, and their Ebay says the USA.
It looks to me as if they're American sellers who purchased their goods from China and Malaysia, or they're in disguise.
Their site is a little weird though, having both expansions from China and Japan.
I'm not sure what this means, but maybe they're just more trustworthy.
If anything, they've purchased their costumes from China and state they are planted in the USA.
Their Ebay is really confusing, as is their site. I can't really tell if they're HORRIBLE bootlegs yet, but they look better quality then some other sites.
I'm positive that they don't make the costumes in the states, though. The pictures they're using are from other Chinese cosplay sites and Ebay.
There really isn't an official "American/Japan" site you can purchase "American/Japan" made cosplay from ~_~;
China rules the world with fake merchandise, so buy at your own risk.

#22 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:42 PM

They have really good feedback, but I've looked through some of their costumes, and well...the colors seem way off on some of them. They look okay for the most part, but I dunno. Theres something I don't like about them.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#23 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

Feedback isn't as trustworthy as it once was, some of these places will make alternate names, make fake purchases and then leave positive reviews, I've read all about it and I'm willing to bet it's true. There was even an article about it on Ebay.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#24 User is offline   PsychoNoble 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Feb 15 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

Feedback isn't as trustworthy as it once was, some of these places will make alternate names, make fake purchases and then leave positive reviews, I've read all about it and I'm willing to bet it's true. There was even an article about it on Ebay.

Absolutely correct, Haruhe! I've filed many cases against users on Ebay.
Not because I had purchased from them, but because they were secretly adding feedback to their account, making it appear as if they were good sellers.
Always look out for that. It's pretty easy to catch if you know what you're looking for.
I don't know why foreign businesses have to be so cunning and selfish.

(edit: of course, Ebay cases. XD Not federal cases)

This post has been edited by psychonoble: 15 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

#25 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

View PostHaruHE, on Feb 15 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

That's soo true. The stupid sellers usually leave the same type of feedback as different users. It's sometimes really easy to spot out. I'm not a fan of ebay though...I've never been screwed over by using them, but still...It could happen.

I would recommend anyone who wants something commissioned or is looking for a costume to use cosplay.com!

They have a new marketplace where you can see if anyone has what your looking for or you could post something thats not on there. Its also VERY easy to see what they have made in the past and it is a huge community so they have a list of the good people and the bad ones.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#26 User is offline   Sweet Sunshine 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

View PostSa-chan, on Feb 15 2009, 02:16 PM, said:

I would recommend anyone who wants something commissioned or is looking for a costume to use cosplay.com!

They have a new marketplace where you can see if anyone has what your looking for or you could post something thats not on there. Its also VERY easy to see what they have made in the past and it is a huge community so they have a list of the good people and the bad ones.

Holy monkeys, I never even thought to check Coscom's marketplace. :o That's like, the classified ads for costume commissions! What a great idea~!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users