• This topic is locked

Waiting List Question

#1 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 23668

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:29 AM

My tablemates and I were put on a waiting list due to the alley being full. Is that just a fancy way of telling us we won't get a table? Or is there a chance we may actually get one?

Sorry if I seem all newb, I've only done one other AA and this will be my first ACen. But any information would be lovely<3

Edit:

16. Waitlist and At-Con Rental?
When a table opens it will be released to the waitlist in the order of registration on the waitlist. If someone fails to show up at con their table maybe released for at con rental. There is no guarantee of at con rental.

Reading that part I'm still kind of confused. Does that pretty much mean bring your stuff even though you might not get a table?

I also thought up another question, how will you know how far you are down the waiting list? o.o

This post has been edited by Spooky Elric: 04 February 2009 - 01:38 AM

<3 I'm the owner of Spooky Designs. Check out my deviant art. I also go to this sweet convention called Youmacon, you should try to go sometime<3
<3 Ohayocon 2012 Cosplays:
Chloe Brennan, Steampunk: 100%??||Kaylee, Firefly: 100%||

<3 Attending ACen with Crimson Chain Leatherworks.

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:47 AM

View PostSpooky Elric, on Feb 4 2009, 01:29 AM, said:

My tablemates and I were put on a waiting list due to the alley being full. Is that just a fancy way of telling us we won't get a table? Or is there a chance we may actually get one?

Sorry if I seem all newb, I've only done one other AA and this will be my first ACen. But any information would be lovely<3

Edit:

Reading that part I'm still kind of confused. Does that pretty much mean bring your stuff even though you might not get a table?

I also thought up another question, how will you know how far you are down the waiting list? o.o

The waiting list is just that, a list where people wait to get a table when others drop out/kicked out.
As for the at con rental it is up to you, if people do not show up for their table on time they will lose it. So you would have a chance to receive it as an at con rental.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Feb 4 2009, 06:47 AM, said:

The waiting list is just that, a list where people wait to get a table when others drop out/kicked out.
As for the at con rental it is up to you, if people do not show up for their table on time they will lose it. So you would have a chance to receive it as an at con rental.

Thank you for answering! I think the only thing I don't get still is how will we know if a space becomes available at the con? Is that 'at con rental' first come first serve or based on the waiting list? How do we know how far down the list we are?

Sorry to be such a bother but I didn't see these questions answered. I just want to have the best understanding of this situation as I can so I know what to expect! Thank you again~
<3 I'm the owner of Spooky Designs. Check out my deviant art. I also go to this sweet convention called Youmacon, you should try to go sometime<3

#4 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

View PostSpooky Elric, on Feb 4 2009, 05:02 PM, said:

Thank you for answering! I think the only thing I don't get still is how will we know if a space becomes available at the con? Is that 'at con rental' first come first serve or based on the waiting list? How do we know how far down the list we are?

Sorry to be such a bother but I didn't see these questions answered. I just want to have the best understanding of this situation as I can so I know what to expect! Thank you again~

All time before con it is waiting list. Even the 5 minutes before the con starts it is still the waiting list. If I am unable to contact the people on the waiting list when I try it becomes at con rental. Yes I will do at con rental half way through the con when some people inevitably flee the con because they are sold out or they don't want to continue selling their items. The at con rental is first come first serve, as long as you do not violate any rules or regulations.
AT CON RENTAL IS NOT GUARANTEED, it is only a chance. (just so everyone knows again)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#5 User is offline   Spooky Elric 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Mar 4 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

All time before con it is waiting list. Even the 5 minutes before the con starts it is still the waiting list. If I am unable to contact the people on the waiting list when I try it becomes at con rental. Yes I will do at con rental half way through the con when some people inevitably flee the con because they are sold out or they don't want to continue selling their items. The at con rental is first come first serve, as long as you do not violate any rules or regulations.
AT CON RENTAL IS NOT GUARANTEED, it is only a chance. (just so everyone knows again)

Okay I think I understand it better now, thank you again for your response!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users