Anime Central Forums: Acen Car Show 2009 - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Car Show 2009 all info here

#1 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

whats up all this is were your gonna find all the info for the ACEN Car Show. i will posting up what cars have been chosen for the show. this years show won't be as big as last years but the quality of the cars will be so much better then last years. i currently have 4 cars already in the show with only 4 spots remaining. if you would like your car considered for the show please post up here with info and links to pics of your car.

Keep in mind i'm looking for top notch JAPANESE tuner cars or cars with an extreme ANIME theme to them.
Allen Castillo

#2 User is offline   LK4D4 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19054
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 11-July 08
  • Location:Madison

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Was mine one of those included?

#3 User is offline   Dogao 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 18531
  • Posts: 60
  • Joined: 19-May 08
  • Location:Chicago-ish

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

Car list PLZ K THX?

#4 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

Drivers Image Wide Body Turbo S2000
1989 Turbo RX-7(Initial D style)
1989 Sil-80(Initial D style)
1995 Supra Hardtop
Allen Castillo

#5 User is offline   redx1 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031
  • Posts: 1,601
  • Joined: 23-November 08
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

OHHHHH
EMMMMM
GEEEEEE!!!

Excellent choice on vehicles! K wow tks!
~~

#6 User is offline   ckosacranoid 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 23091
  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: 26-January 09

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

how about a oh my goddess themed drift car thats a 88 monty carlo? along with many other anime based sponsors list...

#7 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:07 AM

View Postckosacranoid, on Feb 5 2009, 09:59 PM, said:

how about a oh my goddess themed drift car thats a 88 monty carlo? along with many other anime based sponsors list...


send me pics.
Allen Castillo

#8 User is offline   Angel of Death 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5455
  • Posts: 151
  • Joined: 29-October 05
  • Location:Marengo, IL

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

what about a motorcycle? I bring it anyways. I might have it set for my race schedule by ACEN, otherwise i can have it fairly stock too.

here's a pic: My Bike
'09 Cosplays
Justin - Soul Eater (planning)
Walter - Hellsing - 100% (retiring?)
Death the Kid - Soul Eater - 100% (2 versions see my cosplay profile)
Keiichi Morisato - Ah! My Goddess - 100%

My Cosplay Profile

#9 User is offline   Kittie Khaos 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 41
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 09-April 03
  • Location:Palatine

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

the more i think about it, there are a lot of recognizable cars and bikes in animes. we could have replicas of the akira bike, FF bikes, that one xeno saga bike, misato's car, car from gunsmith cats, car from speedracer, bike from FLCL, cars from Ex driver, and what else?! but it's probably impossible to pull off... :(

tho, i have seen a few of these at other cons...mind you...most of them were in japan...heh...

maybe as anime become more and more mainstream, we'll see people putting work into cars and bikes other than cosplay. that would be cool :P
Xbox Live Gamertag: Kittie Khaos

#10 User is offline   LK4D4 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19054
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 11-July 08
  • Location:Madison

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

So even though I am planning on getting my Prius decal'd with ARIA I still have to provide pictures? Darn, since I am not getting it done until mid-March. Reserve?

#11 User is offline   SyaoranFan85 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2676
  • Posts: 863
  • Joined: 09-July 04
  • Location:Chicago, IL USA

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

I'm not a big car person, but I'd love to pop in and check this out!
Callsign: Murloc
IRT Guest Escorts 2009

#12 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:46 AM

View PostSyaoranFan85, on Feb 7 2009, 01:04 AM, said:

I'm not a big car person, but I'd love to pop in and check this out!


come by check it out were gonna have some interesting cars there.
Allen Castillo

#13 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

It'll be awesome if I can somehow convince Scion region, and Scion Evolution to help out with this event... -.-... I'll only do it if you ask me to ask SE:C to ask Region...
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#14 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Feb 9 2009, 10:28 PM, said:

It'll be awesome if I can somehow convince Scion region, and Scion Evolution to help out with this event... -.-... I'll only do it if you ask me to ask SE:C to ask Region...


well if anyone you know is down for showing there car and as long as they know the car will have to be there from thursday till sunday its all good by me.
Allen Castillo

#15 User is offline   ckosacranoid 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 23091
  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: 26-January 09

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

here is a link to the car that is being worked on. march 1 its going back to the shop and getting work done to get it running. after that and before the end of march is when i will be working on paint for the car. wish i had the work up of the paint layout.. guess i have to hit photosho;l again and lay some stuff out.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/c...oid/race%20car/

#16 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

View Postckosacranoid, on Feb 10 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

here is a link to the car that is being worked on. march 1 its going back to the shop and getting work done to get it running. after that and before the end of march is when i will be working on paint for the car. wish i had the work up of the paint layout.. guess i have to hit photosho;l again and lay some stuff out.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/c...oid/race%20car/


its not really what i'm looking for but keep me updated on your progress.
Allen Castillo

#17 User is offline   Angel of Death 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5455
  • Posts: 151
  • Joined: 29-October 05
  • Location:Marengo, IL

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:58 AM

i'm guessing you want to keep this strictly cars then?

i'm looking forward to seeing these cars anyways, and i hope a few more interesting ones show up too.
'09 Cosplays
Justin - Soul Eater (planning)
Walter - Hellsing - 100% (retiring?)
Death the Kid - Soul Eater - 100% (2 versions see my cosplay profile)
Keiichi Morisato - Ah! My Goddess - 100%

My Cosplay Profile

#18 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

View PostAngel of Death, on Feb 12 2009, 02:58 AM, said:

i'm guessing you want to keep this strictly cars then?

i'm looking forward to seeing these cars anyways, and i hope a few more interesting ones show up too.


I'm not just limiting it to cars if you've got a really nice motorcycle I'll consider that as well
Allen Castillo

#19 User is offline   Angel of Death 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5455
  • Posts: 151
  • Joined: 29-October 05
  • Location:Marengo, IL

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

its nothing really special in particular...i posted a pick up in the thread see post #8...and its no biggie either way, just thought that motorcycles in general are a vastly overlooked sub-culture in Japan. I also know that a lot of people who attend anime conventions usually do not purchase them, just as most will never purchas a Skyline, or RX-7 for that matter. anyways, just an idea if you wantted something else a bit different.

I'll be there to look at them purdy cars anyways :)
'09 Cosplays
Justin - Soul Eater (planning)
Walter - Hellsing - 100% (retiring?)
Death the Kid - Soul Eater - 100% (2 versions see my cosplay profile)
Keiichi Morisato - Ah! My Goddess - 100%

My Cosplay Profile

#20 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

View PostAngel of Death, on Feb 12 2009, 08:12 PM, said:

its nothing really special in particular...i posted a pick up in the thread see post #8...and its no biggie either way, just thought that motorcycles in general are a vastly overlooked sub-culture in Japan. I also know that a lot of people who attend anime conventions usually do not purchase them, just as most will never purchas a Skyline, or RX-7 for that matter. anyways, just an idea if you wantted something else a bit different.

I'll be there to look at them purdy cars anyways :)


oh yeah the GSX-R its a sick bike very cool. well if you want it in i'm almost certain i can fit it in the show. i'll talk to you some more about the details and we'll go from there.
Allen Castillo

#21 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

Drivers Image Wide Body Turbo S2000
1989 Turbo RX-7(Initial D style)
1989 Sil-80(Initial D style)*might be sold* :(
1995 Supra Hardtop
2000 Skyline GTR(very good possiblity)

Allen Castillo

#22 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 13 2009, 02:08 AM, said:

Drivers Image Wide Body Turbo S2000


Very random question...

I saw Drivers Image's S2K every time I drop off parts there... I gotta ask... how much "protection" will the car have? Cause man!!! that S2K is WAY! too good to be touch.. (if anyone else saw the car.. you guys have to agree with me on this one)

Also... I might need to talk to you on some "legal" stuff... cause of my "position"... and I'm kind of curious...
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#23 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Feb 14 2009, 03:37 AM, said:

Very random question...

I saw Drivers Image's S2K every time I drop off parts there... I gotta ask... how much "protection" will the car have? Cause man!!! that S2K is WAY! too good to be touch.. (if anyone else saw the car.. you guys have to agree with me on this one)

Also... I might need to talk to you on some "legal" stuff... cause of my "position"... and I'm kind of curious...

No one will be able to get close enough to touch the cars. Unless the owners or I are there to approve it.

What question do you have for me?
Allen Castillo

#24 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 14 2009, 12:33 PM, said:

No one will be able to get close enough to touch the cars. Unless the owners or I are there to approve it.

What question do you have for me?


Blah... since I don't see you on AIM.. might as well type it here....

Since there's a change of management (con-chairs).... And I (was) the owner/driver of the ACen Supra back when Beryl was the con chair, and I was in staff.... Would there be a problem in making another "ACen Car (or truck)" cause of the change of con chairs??? I really really wanna know what's the call on this one... cause I'm getting REALLY tempted in buying a 2008 (speedway blue) Toyota TACOma X-Runner that we just have at my work...... And take a wild guess what I'm going to do with it... -.-... pretty much the same thing with the supra... without wrecking it... and make it last for more than a year... -.- DOH!
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#25 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

View PostWiredKittie, on Feb 6 2009, 10:36 AM, said:

the more i think about it, there are a lot of recognizable cars and bikes in animes. we could have replicas of the akira bike, FF bikes, that one xeno saga bike, misato's car, car from gunsmith cats, car from speedracer, bike from FLCL, cars from Ex driver, and what else?! but it's probably impossible to pull off... :(

tho, i have seen a few of these at other cons...mind you...most of them were in japan...heh...

maybe as anime become more and more mainstream, we'll see people putting work into cars and bikes other than cosplay. that would be cool :P


i think it would be awesome if we could get more recognizable vehicles from specific anime's but most of those vehicles are fairly hard to obtain. especially the gunsmith cats car, Mach 5, a few of teh Ex-Driver cars. luckily most of the Initial D and Wangan Midnight cars are some what easier to get here and emulate.

Car Culture is very important in japan and there are so many different subset's and style's out there i just want to try and bring a small portion of that here to the convention to show everyone.
Allen Castillo

#26 User is offline   ckosacranoid 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 23091
  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: 26-January 09

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

the biuld for the stock car is moving forward. march first its a go for the show, just checked the bank and the money is there. get the thing fired up and running and then comes paint. yes its going to be repainted for an anime theme.....

#27 User is offline   youth 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 22
  • Posts: 120
  • Joined: 08-April 03

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

I never really bothered with the car show, but if you had cars like this it would certainly get me & I suspect alot more ppl interested.

http://www.ccp-jp.com/2006_CCP-TOY/characo...ra_macross.html
g'day
youth

#28 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

View Postyouth, on Feb 21 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

I never really bothered with the car show, but if you had cars like this it would certainly get me & I suspect alot more ppl interested.

http://www.ccp-jp.com/2006_CCP-TOY/characo...ra_macross.html


There could be a car like that at ACen's car show... you just have to stop on by to see what it is.. *points to soon to be mine 2008 Toyota ACen X-Runner*
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#29 User is offline   LK4D4 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19054
  • Posts: 67
  • Joined: 11-July 08
  • Location:Madison

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

Update for me: I got my Tax Return in, and with other extra cash I received the car wrap will be started next week. Still room for me?

#30 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

View Postyouth, on Feb 21 2009, 04:00 PM, said:

I never really bothered with the car show, but if you had cars like this it would certainly get me & I suspect alot more ppl interested.

http://www.ccp-jp.com/2006_CCP-TOY/characo...ra_macross.html


that particular style is called "ITA-SHA" its something thats kinda new in the car scene out in japan. its basically the car guys that are into anime started decorating there cars with gaint full color vinyl stickers of anime girls its catching on but is still a very small subset of people.
Allen Castillo

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users