Anime Central Forums: Alley Update 12/17/08 Alley Full - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Alley Update 12/17/08 Alley Full Part Two, ALLEY FULL, WAIT LIST STARTED

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 968
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Post icon  Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

Everyone has a message from me. Whether it be a confirmation, error message, or wait list message.

I will be working through to fix the error messages which is payment issues. We just have to update who payed for their badges.

If your form needs changing follow the directions in the welcome letter.

Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 968
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 17 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

Everyone has a message from me. Whether it be a confirmation, error message, or wait list message.

I will be working through to fix the error messages which is payment issues. We just have to update who payed for their badges.

If your form needs changing follow the directions in the welcome letter.


People may backout from a table, due to numerous situations. Their is hope.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Worldlygate 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5907
  • Posts: 57
  • Joined: 10-January 06

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

If we got an error message does that mean we got a table? We just need to confirm payment?
DeviantART

Cosplaying as...

Haruhi Suzumiya~

#4 User is offline   sonteen12 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 15886
  • Posts: 44
  • Joined: 18-November 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:17 PM

I got the form, but I have question...
Can we pay online at all? Or is mailing in the payment the only option?

#5 User is offline   Viridis 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 21021
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 18-December 08
  • Location:Indianapolis

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

Ah, hell. When did registrations even open? I had honestly not counted on having to register so early; it's been awhile since I did this. Unfortunately I'm not looking to have spare cash until after Christmas to pay these increased table/reg costs...

Is there any chance of getting a table if I have to wait to register in, say, a week or two, or should I just give up and wait for 2010?

#6 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032
  • Posts: 378
  • Joined: 04-May 06
  • Location:Dearborn Heights, MI

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:09 AM

Are both the alley and the show full? Or just the alley?
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 968
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

View PostWorldlygate, on Dec 17 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

If we got an error message does that mean we got a table? We just need to confirm payment?

Depending on which error message you got depends on what status a persons badge was. I said in the forums that you only had to have a badge number to get past the form. But that badge number has to be paid for in order to receive a table.


View Postsonteen12, on Dec 17 2008, 11:17 PM, said:

I got the form, but I have question...
Can we pay online at all? Or is mailing in the payment the only option?

Sadly mailing the payment is the only option. Paypal and other online payment systems charge a fee to receive money, so if we did that you would actually have to pay more (and some of it would go straight to the online company) . Which I would presume that most people would not like. One thing I will say to everyone is Follow the directions on the form and welcome letter.
If you make someone sign for it, it will be sent back to you and you will miss the deadline and loss your table.
If you send cash, then there is no record of payment received and things could go bad if things do. Plus it is NEVER safe to send cash through the Mail service.

View PostViridis, on Dec 18 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

Ah, hell. When did registrations even open? I had honestly not counted on having to register so early; it's been awhile since I did this. Unfortunately I'm not looking to have spare cash until after Christmas to pay these increased table/reg costs...

Is there any chance of getting a table if I have to wait to register in, say, a week or two, or should I just give up and wait for 2010?

If you want you can Reg for a table, you must have a badge number to get past the form. Then you will be added to the wait list. As the wait list moves up you will move up as well, until hopfully you get in. Then (if you get a table) if you have not payed for your badge you will receive an error message stating that you must pay for your badge before you can pay for your table. Then you pay for your badge, and then I confirm that, then you get payment forms for the Alley, and then you send that before the deadline, and then I give you a confirmation of payment received. Then join up at Alley/Show ACen 09.

I know it sounds and looks like a long process and very time consuming. It is, I know, but all this is to make sure that things are solid and everyone has documentation as proof of progress. So if things do go all catywonpas and the sky starts falling then paperwork can be a life preserver.


View PostLezzy-cat, on Dec 18 2008, 06:09 AM, said:

Are both the alley and the show full? Or just the alley?

Just the Alley. The show is 1/4th full :( we have had alot less submitions to the Show this year.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#8 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032
  • Posts: 378
  • Joined: 04-May 06
  • Location:Dearborn Heights, MI

Posted 18 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

Yay art show being nearly empty! We're having issues with our table since my friend registered and sent in a check over a week ago for her registration and she's still showing unpaid, so if we can't get a table, I want to make sure that I'm still able to sell SOMEthing... :/
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#9 User is offline   arina_shirakawa 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 81
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Neko-Town

Posted 18 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 18 2008, 08:29 PM, said:

Depending on which error message you got depends on what status a persons badge was. I said in the forums that you only had to have a badge number to get past the form. But that badge number has to be paid for in order to receive a table.


So wait...does getting pass the form mean that as long as we pay the badge, we get a table? Or that means even if you pay the badge, you are still not guarantee a table?

Arina Shirakawa (and don't take it as my real name, lol :p ) Registration Staff 2003-2004/ Production/ Semi -Registration Staff 2005

Cheesy with my Cutie Since Dec 14, 2005 <3

Gonna try to get a table @ Artist Alley in 09~ Come Visit me <3

http://arina-shirakawa.deviantart.com


#10 User is offline   Tanoshii 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 20306
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 30-November 08
  • Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:29 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 18 2008, 02:29 PM, said:

Sadly mailing the payment is the only option. Paypal and other online payment systems charge a fee to receive money, so if we did that you would actually have to pay more (and some of it would go straight to the online company) . Which I would presume that most people would not like. One thing I will say to everyone is Follow the directions on the form and welcome letter.
If you make someone sign for it, it will be sent back to you and you will miss the deadline and loss your table.
If you send cash, then there is no record of payment received and things could go bad if things do. Plus it is NEVER safe to send cash through the Mail service.
Wait, so even though I'm the main artist, can one of my table mates pay for the table and badges? Or is that not allowed?
My dA

#11 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 968
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

View Postarina_shirakawa, on Dec 18 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

So wait...does getting pass the form mean that as long as we pay the badge, we get a table? Or that means even if you pay the badge, you are still not guarantee a table?

If you have already gotten an error message than read the directions that it says. If you are on the wait list you will have to wait for someone to drop out, the amount of tables is already filled.


View PostTanoshii, on Dec 18 2008, 11:29 PM, said:

Wait, so even though I'm the main artist, can one of my table mates pay for the table and badges? Or is that not allowed?


Yes they can, but then if they do not send in payment before the deadline then your table is forfeit.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#12 User is offline   arina_shirakawa 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 81
  • Posts: 238
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Neko-Town

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:01 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 19 2008, 08:13 AM, said:

If you have already gotten an error message than read the directions that it says. If you are on the wait list you will have to wait for someone to drop out, the amount of tables is already filled.

This is what my email says:

"Confidential material of email submission"

And I guess my brain is not working well :unsure: This is the error message you mention I assume. And I just paid my badge yesterday, which is within the 7 business days you mentioned. Does that mean that I could possibly still end up on the waiting list??

Arina Shirakawa (and don't take it as my real name, lol :p ) Registration Staff 2003-2004/ Production/ Semi -Registration Staff 2005

Cheesy with my Cutie Since Dec 14, 2005 <3

Gonna try to get a table @ Artist Alley in 09~ Come Visit me <3

http://arina-shirakawa.deviantart.com


#13 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 968
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:52 AM

View Postarina_shirakawa, on Dec 19 2008, 08:01 AM, said:

This is what my email says:

"Confidential material of email submission"

And I guess my brain is not working well :unsure: This is the error message you mention I assume. And I just paid my badge yesterday, which is within the 7 business days you mentioned. Does that mean that I could possibly still end up on the waiting list??


Yes that is what I mentioned, everyone who was not marked as paid in the reg system got that. You are not on the waiting list. You have a table and the things you asked for. I still need to update the system with peoples updated payments.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#14 User is offline   Voltaire30 

  • Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053
  • Posts: 968
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Location:Lake Villa

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

To keep things organized I am closing this topic. It was just my intention to leave it open for questions on updates and celebration. All of them have been answered.

The topics Q&As will be added to the FAQ in the sticky when I move this topic to the archives.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users