• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Keychains

#1 User is offline   Tanoshii 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 20306

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

So I'm thinking of selling at Acen this year, and I have a few questions about Keychains . I've been to a few cons before, and I myself have been subject to buying excessive amounts of these them, so I know they'll sell xD. I'm just not sure about how to go about making them. Should I go to some kind of craft store or what?
My dA

#2 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

There are a few ways you can go about doing this:

One way is to buy blank key chains and insert your artwork into them. There are all types like the hard plastic rectangular ones (and many other shapes if you look hard enough), soft plastic ones, etc.

Another way, the way I do is to print them on thick paper, usually card stock, and then laminate them (although I call them "key chains", they're more of an any-use fun-chain thing. But "key chain" just sounds better. =P ).

There is also the shrinky-dink type method, getting the shrinky-dink type plastic (special for ink-jet printers) and printing on that and so on. I haven't used that method myself, but I've see a few people do so, and in some cases it works well, some it doesn't. I definitely would suggest forgetting this method for highly detailed images.

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

#3 User is offline   Tanoshii 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 20306

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:30 PM

View Postranefea, on Dec 9 2008, 05:57 PM, said:

There are a few ways you can go about doing this:

One way is to buy blank key chains and insert your artwork into them. There are all types like the hard plastic rectangular ones (and many other shapes if you look hard enough), soft plastic ones, etc.

Another way, the way I do is to print them on thick paper, usually card stock, and then laminate them (although I call them "key chains", they're more of an any-use fun-chain thing. But "key chain" just sounds better. =P ).

There is also the shrinky-dink type method, getting the shrinky-dink type plastic (special for ink-jet printers) and printing on that and so on. I haven't used that method myself, but I've see a few people do so, and in some cases it works well, some it doesn't. I definitely would suggest forgetting this method for highly detailed images.

I was thinking about using shrinky dinks, in the more traditional way, by just drawing on them and then shrinking them, but that sounds a lot more interesting. Do you know where to get the plastic snap on ones you mentioned?
My dA

#4 User is offline   ranefea 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6584

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

This place has them, I'm not really aware of too many other places though. Hopefully others will reply that know more places for you.
This is the place for the special Shrinky-dink printer plastic, if you still want to try that method, too. =)

My deviantART
My Cosplay Page

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Friday: Link - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Saturday: Leafeon Gijinka - Pokemon
Sunday: Kotoha - Arata Kangatari

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users