• This topic is locked

Lolitas Unite! <3

#1 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Post icon  Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

I didn't see a Lolita thread so I'm gonna make one! :3 Who's dressing up as a Lolita for ACen? I might dress up as a Gothic Lolita for part of one day, but I will definitely cosplay for the photoshoot. I did dress up as one for the last two years. I know there are more lolitas out there! :3

I'm sorry Lin if cosplay was the wrong word... ¨_¨

This post has been edited by Lina: 05 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#2 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

cosplay lolita? * I'm just going to run away now before I turn into the rant monster *
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#3 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:46 PM

I'm sorry if cosplay was the wrong word... ¨_¨

This post has been edited by Lina: 05 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#4 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:14 PM

I'm sorry I probably came off as a jerk, it's just there ARE people out there who will tear you apart for saying that on the inter-webs. I don't like those people and try to avoid them online as much as possible...
I love lolita, just so much drama is included and I don't have the money to pursue it as much as I used to.
Good luck with finding people !
Did you go to any of the Lolita panels last year? The sewing one was kind of lame because the girls kinda just went on about nothing... Perhaps one of the Lolita this year can make a better one, yea?

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 07 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#5 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:17 PM

I didn't get to go to the panels. I was sad. D:
ACen '14 Cosplay

#6 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

Consider yourself Lucky then xD . The fashion show in '07 was ALL lolita ( I think they now do all street fashion) and that was possibly the best lolita activity at acen. Of course, I always cry at the end knowing that BABY doesn't carry my size xD
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#7 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18079

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

My first time going to ACen was in gothic lolita. =/ Never again though. I did not like the unwanted attention I got Dx So now I strictly crossplay.
Acen '10 cosplay~
Ivan Braginsky/Russia Of Axis Powers Hetalia[%100] Friday Night Sadiq Adnan/Turkey[Ottoman Empire Variant] of Axis Powers Hetalia[%100]Private shoot Kusama Nowaki of Junjou Egoist[??%] Private shootMori-senpai of Ouran High School Host Club [60%][for OHSHC shoot] [b]Germany/Ludwig/b] of Axis Powers Hetalia[%20] sometime... >_>

I am homosexual with heterosexual tendencies. 8D Lietkun is my LOVE... not yours Poland so sod off.
DeviantArt Cosplay.com Facebook LJ

#8 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

Awwwe! D: I'm sorry! I like going through the Gothic and Lolita Bibles and cry at the fact that I can't afford anything. x3
ACen '14 Cosplay

#9 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:30 PM

View PostLina, on Dec 7 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

Awwwe! D: I'm sorry! I like going through the Gothic and Lolita Bibles and cry at the fact that I can't afford anything. x3

ah, actually there are places you can go now to find lots of good fashion for cheaper now . Lolita hasn't really been touched as much by these sort of places but give it a while
If you like more "normal " asian fashion this site here is REALLY cheap and offers adorable clothes
http://www.angiehearts.net/what_s_new_in_W...clothes_s/1.htm
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#10 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

That's a cute site! :3
ACen '14 Cosplay

#11 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

Lin, that site is awesome! I really like some of the coats, and vests. 8D -might get the bomber vest-
Acen '10 cosplay~
Ivan Braginsky/Russia Of Axis Powers Hetalia[%100] Friday Night Sadiq Adnan/Turkey[Ottoman Empire Variant] of Axis Powers Hetalia[%100]Private shoot Kusama Nowaki of Junjou Egoist[??%] Private shootMori-senpai of Ouran High School Host Club [60%][for OHSHC shoot] [b]Germany/Ludwig/b] of Axis Powers Hetalia[%20] sometime... >_>

I am homosexual with heterosexual tendencies. 8D Lietkun is my LOVE... not yours Poland so sod off.

#12 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 08 December 2008 - 06:29 AM

Bodyline lowered a lot of their prices more recently too. Only problem is the shipping is pretty huge (yay overseas shipping rates x.x), but if you place a large order it evens itself out ^^* (Note I haven't actually ordered from them since a lot of the stuff is too small for me, but I have priced things (and regularly use this site for drawing/sewing inspiration ^^))
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#13 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:07 AM

That site is great too! 8D I kinda wanna get some of their cutsew pieces. =]
Acen '10 cosplay~

#14 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

View PostKanku, on Dec 8 2008, 03:24 AM, said:

My first time going to ACen was in gothic lolita. =/ Never again though. I did not like the unwanted attention I got Dx So now I strictly crossplay.

Aw man, suxxorz. You should try Ouji/boystyles XD I used to wear them, but they don't really suit my body type, so I started to wear more girly Aristocrat stuff.

As for lolita and cosplay, you guys, it really depends on the person. It's like dressing up as a goth and walking around the mall. I know some people who are vehemently against it (they happen to be the loudest, if you couldn't tell XD) and others who really don't give a flying bird crap what other people do with themselves. Anyway, why would you have lolita events at an anime con if it really wasn't ever cosplay?! Lol.

Also, as far as buying stuff goes, a friend and I wanted to make some gothic lolita accessories to sell in the Artist's Alley. Other friends in the past have sold actual clothing there too, but I guess that does you no good if you want to buy bona fide Japanese lolita. I've seen Bodyline there in the past, though!

I didn't go last year, was anyone selling anything good in the Dealer room?
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKulié in the artist alley!

#15 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

View PostViz_K Prince, on Dec 8 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

Aw man, suxxorz. You should try Ouji/boystyles XD I used to wear them, but they don't really suit my body type, so I started to wear more girly Aristocrat stuff.

As for lolita and cosplay, you guys, it really depends on the person. It's like dressing up as a goth and walking around the mall. I know some people who are vehemently against it (they happen to be the loudest, if you couldn't tell XD) and others who really don't give a flying bird crap what other people do with themselves. Anyway, why would you have lolita events at an anime con if it really wasn't ever cosplay?! Lol.

Also, as far as buying stuff goes, a friend and I wanted to make some gothic lolita accessories to sell in the Artist's Alley. Other friends in the past have sold actual clothing there too, but I guess that does you no good if you want to buy bona fide Japanese lolita. I've seen Bodyline there in the past, though!

I didn't go last year, was anyone selling anything good in the Dealer room?

I was thinking of that xDD

Or steampunk. Which I am really getting into. ^^

When I went to the dealer's room, I didn't see anything amazing. There were some nice accessories and such but nothing that I thought 'Why, I can't make that so I must buy it!' lol Besides, I am usually broke from buying artists' works and such. If you make some accessories may I recommend some biatchin' eyepatches? Never did see any awesome ones, and if you made some I would be sure to get a few from ya. -has an eyepatch fetish- ^_~ lmao
Acen '10 cosplay~

#16 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

I wonder if I should set up a photoshoot for Lolitas. \:
ACen '14 Cosplay

#17 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:03 PM

Hmm, you could, if you wanted to. xD
Acen '10 cosplay~

#18 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

I'll do it! :3
ACen '14 Cosplay

#19 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:09 PM

Can I come if I get my steampunk cosplay done in time? xD
Acen '10 cosplay~

#20 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

Of course! :3 It will be on sunday at 11am at the garden fountain.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#21 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

NOOOOOOO!!! That is when my ZP photoshoot is. Dx I think it is that exact time as well. >.<
Acen '10 cosplay~

#22 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

I thought yours was 10am
ACen '14 Cosplay

#23 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Lmao, I just looked again and it is. But I was going to devote all my Sunday to ZP and generally run around like a nut. Dx

Noes....

Mrr, it just depends on if I finish my orginal costume or not. ~_~
Acen '10 cosplay~

#24 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10165

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

I'm doing an original piece. One of these days I will make my own outfit, but since I have to save up to pay off school and I'm busy with work, I lack the tme. So for now, I'm just buying pieces to make a very awesome outfit.

Now whether you wanna classify my outfit as lolita or not is up to you, but it surely is elegant and gothic ;) Right now, the only piece I have is this long skirt with a built in waist cincher :) My ballet boots will be coming in in a few days. My blouse should be coming in soon. I'm thinking of ordering another headdress. I have one with kitty ears on it, but I'm thinking of getting another one : / I dunno
Sadly it may be awhile till Yor and I show up at Acen, but we still love and miss you guys

‚ô† Kozi forever! ‚ô†

#25 User is offline   Yani 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 21115

Posted 21 December 2008 - 01:32 AM

If ever I cosplay, I might go as Kirakishou of Rozen Maiden or Saber of Fate Stay Night. >.<

Yay! for Lolita love! ^_^

This post has been edited by Yani: 21 December 2008 - 01:32 AM

Watashi wa Yani desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

#26 User is offline   Ashley loves cupcakes 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19105

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:10 AM

I might end up bringing my Lolita with me if I don't finish cosplay in time. |3
I'll get pictures up when I finally get it. XD
you cradle over your mistakes, and every heart you'll ever break.
proudly wearing plastic tiaras, hello kitty accessories, and dying my hair stupid colors since 'o6. scenel♥ve
social networking wh♥re; myspace livejournal deviantart gaiaonline last.fm twitter facebook
acen '10 cosplay; anything from the following list, plus looking for somewhere to stay.
franashketchumnaboorudonateamrocketryomoushimeigidgetleblanchakufuadachimomo

#27 User is offline   visualkei_star 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10165

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

I think my branch of gothic lolita is a bit for industrial influenced, but none the less, it still is lolita. When it comes to lolita, I think WWMW (What would Mana-sama wear)?
Sadly it may be awhile till Yor and I show up at Acen, but we still love and miss you guys

‚ô† Kozi forever! ‚ô†

#28 User is offline   hidetopet 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 22030

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

I would do lolita if I didnt already have all of my cosplay for this year already...

hehe I am actually ready this year.
ACen 2010's cosplay has changed! I shall now be cosplaying Kayo, keyboardist of the group POLYSICS, to celebrate her graduation from the band!

#29 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

I really want to, but I'm having trouble making my dress...
i fail at making my own patterns, and can't seem to find any anywhere :[
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#30 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

I would look at Gothic & Lolita Bibles. They have lots of patterns! :3

I fail at sewing, so don't feel bad. TT 3TT

ACen '14 Cosplay

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users