The special notes section at the bottom is very important.
1) It is highly recommended that you pre-register for the masquerade online. There will only 100 entries allowed. Registrations received after the cutoff date will not be processed. Pre-reg will run from January 1st, 2009 12:01 AM to April 1st, 2009 11:59 PM, or until such time that all entry slots are filled.
1a) Any entries sent before the date listed will be deleted.
1b) Any incomplete entries will be returned to sender.
2) Only pre-reg if you are seriously going to participate in the Masquerade. If you pre-reg and can not make it, let the management know this so your spot can be re-utilized.
3) You must keep your contact information updated. The Masquerade Staff may need to email the primary contact for your entry with important updates. If your email bounces twice, one week between attempts, your entry will be deleted. Updates can be emailed to the address on the registration form.
4) As a courtesy, a limited number of slots are reserved for 'At Con' registrations. These will go fast so get registered early.
5) All contestants must be attending members of Anime Central and will need to be wearing their badge at the time of check in/sign up and for the Masquerade.
6) Those pre-registering must check in to confirm their registration at the Masquerade Registration Office during the times listed in the Program Book and at the Information Desk(s). All entries will be asked to sign off on their pre-reg forms, or they are not able to participate.
7) All pre-reg must check in by 9AM Saturday. Your spot will be vacated and given to an ‘At-Con’ registrant.
8) Any skit entry narration to be read by the MC will be limited to 45 words or less. All narration by the MC will be read prior to your performance.
9) The maximum number of members in a single entry is 8. If more than the listed number appear on stage, the group will be disqualified.
10) We will allow parents to be backstage with participants aged 14 and under. This is not required, just recommended and encouraged, especially for participants aged 12 and under.
11) Nothing that Anime Central Masquerade Staff feel that may pose a danger to people or the stage area will not be allowed.
12) The Masquerade Coordinator has the final word regarding any matter concerning the Masquerade Cosplay competition. Neither correspondence nor entreaties will be entered into.
Special Notes for Skit Entries:
1) Yaoi/Yuri will be extremely curtailed this year. It may still be in your skit but it can not/must not be the end all, be all of your skit.
2) All skits must pre-register. There will be no ‘at-con’ registration for skits.
3) The stage performance size is 24’ by 10’. If this size changes, notifications will be posted in the Forums under the “Masquerade” section. Plan your skit accordingly.
4) Practice your skits excessively. If during your skit preview, the skit review staff finds your skit to be lacking, you will be given one chance to practice then re-present your skit to the staff. If your skit is still lacking, you will not be permitted on stage.
5) Skit time limit is 2 minutes 30 seconds.
6) If your skit is not reviewed by Saturday Noon on the Convention weekend, you will not go on stage. Please try to make the Friday skit review times if at all possible.
Page 1 of 1
Pre-reg Guidelines Read THOROUGHLY!!!
Page 1 of 1