Anime Central Forums: Yu-gi-oh! And Pokemon Decks. - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Yu-gi-oh! And Pokemon Decks. Deck suggestions, Questions, Help, etc.

#1 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19538

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

This topic is for anyone that would like to discuss Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon decks in general.

I myself have several yu-gi-oh decks and can't settle on one.
I have an Alien deck that i love, am working on a Zombie deck that still needs some important cards, and a nearly finished Inca Deck.

I have recently stopped playing Pokemon but feel free to discuss it on here tho

This topic is for other people with problems as well, so feel free to post your problems or suggestions and i encourage others to assist in any way possible.

This post has been edited by Kinslayer: 16 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

Oath of the Night Angels
"I am Sa'Kage, a lord of shadows. I claim the shadows that the Shadow may not. I am the strong arm of deliverance. I am Shadowstrider. I am the Scales of Justice. I am He-Who-Guards-Unseen. I am Shadowslayer. I am Nameless. The coranti shall not go unpunished. My way is hard, but I serve unbroken. In ignobility, nobility. In shame, honor. In darkness, light. I will do justice and love mercy. Until the King returns, I shall not lay my burden down."

#2 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:05 AM

all my cards are so old!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#3 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:52 AM

Yeah.... i know how you feel.
I had dedicated all of my cash and time to yugioh before my friends got me back on pokemon. honestly, tho, they were right when they said pokemon is simpler.
Yugioh has gotten almost way to complex and expensive for me.
Oath of the Night Angels
"I am Sa'Kage, a lord of shadows. I claim the shadows that the Shadow may not. I am the strong arm of deliverance. I am Shadowstrider. I am the Scales of Justice. I am He-Who-Guards-Unseen. I am Shadowslayer. I am Nameless. The coranti shall not go unpunished. My way is hard, but I serve unbroken. In ignobility, nobility. In shame, honor. In darkness, light. I will do justice and love mercy. Until the King returns, I shall not lay my burden down."

#4 User is offline   PoshiPocket 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18212

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hah, i remember playinng yu-gi-oh with my neighbor, that was so much fun. I never really played the pokemon card game, even though i still have a gallon bag and some books of cards hidden in my closet somewhere... Hah, my closet is a scary place to look through.. xD; Though in Yu-gi-oh i never really had a specific kind of deck, i used any kind of card i found useful and it worked out just fine. I only collected the earliest card series though, none of the newer ones.. P:

This post has been edited by PoshiPocket: 27 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

EPICrecruit in Excel's Dark ArmyACEN 2010:
Confirmed: Toboe furry (Wolf's Rain), Red or Blu Soldier (TF2).
Unconfirmed: Arioch (Drakengard), Yukina (Yu Yu Hakusho)
ACen 09 pictures
Fangirl of the Bishie Brigade!

#5 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

I started with the whatever i had decks and eventually my friends raping(sorry, habit) me with theme decks showed me the light. Currently, tho, it has gotten very complicated and i'm starting to prefer pokemon. i still have fun with yugioh but it's hard to follow all the rules. also, when the best card in the game runs for about 500$, i have to question my own decks.
Pokemon is very simple with very easy rules. the only problem i have is this: yugioh keeps making more expensive cards while pokemon takes cards you already have and release better version in a matter of months. sometimes you need to tweek your whole deck for the newer, better cards.
either way, i plan on having one deck for each to take to acen for tournys.
Oath of the Night Angels

#6 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19171

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

My Blue Eye's deck basically focused on summoning shining, and then owning but with those annoying theme and burn decks it's hard to play someone and have an even match... and I am not spending any more money on those cards....
My Deviant Art: http://yokaishinigam...deviantart.com/
Well since I'm part of the Spam Squad, *pulls out an imaginary aresonal of Spam Busting equipment that would look awesome if it were real*SPAM SQUAD HQ
3351 1113 6925 : my pearl friend code BYAKKO's the name
Youtube

#7 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

Honestly... same here. my mentioned venom deck's trump card, Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes, cost me 45$. after i bought it i realized that the deck still needed too many cards and left it as is. It still does good but it could really use those cards. the alien deck can be annoying to other people just like the venom decks. they're the only reptile theme decks in the game so far and the only decks that revolve around counters. except maybe the magician structure deck...

All in all... most people don't want to fight it more than once because if they can't beat it from the start, then they have no chance. they also find it too complicated and i don't blame them. if you didn't make the deck, then it is complicated.
My Zombie deck is very straight forward and i prefer it for that reason. no tricks, just good old fashioned zombies.

This post has been edited by Kinslayer: 27 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

Oath of the Night Angels

#8 User is offline   YokaiShinigami  

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19171

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

My deck was basically a power house deck, just straight forward attacking and some stalling and searching and drawing....and it had about 13 dragons including spirit ryu.... so when shining was on the field it was almost a direct win.... but it was very weak against burn decks.
My Deviant Art: http://yokaishinigam...deviantart.com/
Well since I'm part of the Spam Squad, *pulls out an imaginary aresonal of Spam Busting equipment that would look awesome if it were real*SPAM SQUAD HQ
3351 1113 6925 : my pearl friend code BYAKKO's the name
Youtube

#9 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

The venom deck uses venom swamp to put out venom counters on all non-venom monsters. they lose 500 atk per counter and every face up card gets one at the end of each players turn. Vennominaga is very complicated. to wrap it up, she isnt affected by any spells,traps,or monster effects and gets 500 atk and defense for each reptile in the graveyard. if she's beat atk wise, then remove a reptile in the graveyard from play to resummon her.if she hurts your opponents life points they get a hyper-venom counter. 3 of those and you instantly win the duel.

Aliens use alien counters and work on taking control of your opponents monsters that have alien counters on them. with flying saucer mu'siki face up, you skip the draw phase and add any alien card from your deck to your hand. that includes trap and magics with alien in their name. this gives you any card you need, really. also, monsters with alien counters lose 300 atk and def for each alien counter but only when battling with alien monsters. alot of the alien monsters effects involve taking control of opponents monsters with "A" counters, getting rid of "A" counters to remove spells and traps, and preventing effects and attacks from monsters with "A" counters.

As you can see.... these are fun but complicated if you didn't build the decks to know the cards effects. I honestly forget about some effects myself. I'm pretty sure not many people have even heard of these card arcs.

This post has been edited by Kinslayer: 27 October 2008 - 07:50 PM

Oath of the Night Angels

#10 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 November 2008 - 05:51 PM

Yeah! My Cradilly-Armaldo deck is done!
Oath of the Night Angels

#11 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:59 PM

I've got a few decks. I like to call them lazy decks because they just sit there and stall until you get the right cards. I got a Bad reaction deck that has the potential for a OTK on my opponent's 1st turn (I <3 gift card) and a Final Countdown deck whick makes me stall until the match is over. I also have a LV dragon, water, fiend, and elemental hero fusion deck. These decks I actually do attack with.

My friend has a horrible mill deck that sends shivers when I think about it. I swear, he might even be one of the reasons certain cards might get limited or banned when he when to the last touney.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#12 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

is it lightsworns or some other form of milling? I still have my zombie deck that serves as my fave but i've been working on that pokemon deck. my friends will continue to destroy me.
Oath of the Night Angels

#13 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:04 PM

He mills your deck using both morphing jars and needle worn with spell/trap cards like book of eclipse and dark bribe. As well as other cards. One more win and he would have made top 16 at Shonen Jump Championship Tournament in Rosemont last month.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#14 User is offline   squirtle_squeaker 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19342

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

my yugioh deck is old school burn & it still takes care of biznis

#15 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

View PostOreo_Otaku, on Dec 3 2008, 06:04 PM, said:

He mills your deck using both morphing jars and needle worn with spell/trap cards like book of eclipse and dark bribe. As well as other cards. One more win and he would have made top 16 at Shonen Jump Championship Tournament in Rosemont last month.

Wowz. congratz 2 him. I just bought the newest zombie structure deck and integrated it into my deck. Problem is, new deck has so many good cards, i can't tell what to keep and wut to add. I reeaalllyy need more of the 'Zombie World' spells tho. they let this deck destroy anything. but i only have one :angry: i'll figure something out.
Oath of the Night Angels

#16 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

Yes! my friend and i just planned to go to our first pokemon cities tourney. I'm pumped and dissapointed. the tourney uses the Modified deck rules, my deck is Unlimited. i've had to change most of my deck just for the tournament. my main attacker is still in the deck (Armaldo) but i've lost most of my speed and strategy. I don't plan on winning but i don't think that i'll get first-round-ko'd.
Oath of the Night Angels

#17 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9773

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

Any word on YuGiOH/Pokemon tournament rules yet?
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#18 User is offline   Atomisk 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10095

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:34 AM

For Yu-gi-oh we will likely be using the advanced format like we always do. As for pokemon... I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: We would be using Modified if we have a Pokemon tourney.

This post has been edited by Atomisk: 27 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

#19 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

View PostAtomisk, on Mar 24 2009, 01:34 AM, said:

For Yu-gi-oh we will likely be using the advanced format like we always do. As for pokemon... I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: We are using Modified format for Pokemon.

Is the whole UDE vs Konami issue gonna affect the prize pool for YuGiOh this year?
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#20 User is offline   Atomisk 

• Pip

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

View PostSheikTheGeek, on Mar 25 2009, 06:22 AM, said:

Is the whole UDE vs Konami issue gonna affect the prize pool for YuGiOh this year?

It won't. To my knowledge, UDE has never given us official prize support(even less likely to do so this year because of the halt on official play), so we almost never have new yugi packs as prize as we get our packs from a few key stores... But we should have a neat trophy for you if you win :D

#21 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:13 AM

View PostAtomisk, on Mar 31 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

It won't. To my knowledge, UDE has never given us official prize support(even less likely to do so this year because of the halt on official play), so we almost never have new yugi packs as prize as we get our packs from a few key stores... But we should have a neat trophy for you if you win :D

I didnt get my trophy from last year >_>

I just hope the packs we get as prizes are from this decade XD
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#22 User is offline   Atomisk 

• Pip

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

View PostSheikTheGeek, on Apr 2 2009, 07:13 AM, said:

I didnt get my trophy from last year >_>

I just hope the packs we get as prizes are from this decade XD

So you were that guy, sorry about that. We didn't have your trophy till sunday and you never picked it up... Don't know what happened to it after that. Hopefully we'll have the trophies before sunday this year.

Don't worry, you'll get cards from 2001 ;)

#23 User is offline   SheikTheGeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:01 PM

View PostAtomisk, on Apr 10 2009, 09:57 AM, said:

So you were that guy, sorry about that. We didn't have your trophy till sunday and you never picked it up... Don't know what happened to it after that. Hopefully we'll have the trophies before sunday this year.

Don't worry, you'll get cards from 2001 ;)

yeah, quite the runaround I got that Sunday, oh well...now to remember what packs were out in 2001 >_>
YuGiOh Enthusiast
Pokemon Enthusiast
UFS Enthusiast

#24 User is offline   Atomisk 

• Pip

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:48 AM

View PostSheikTheGeek, on Apr 18 2009, 08:01 PM, said:

yeah, quite the runaround I got that Sunday, oh well...now to remember what packs were out in 2001 >_>

Well the problem is that apparently our trophies were a low priority for the higher ups, and then the person whose car they were in lost their keys... I remember wasting 3 hours Saturday trying to get them... But then I had to go back to running a tourney/watching the game room. So I had an even worse runaround than you had :P

And hey, maybe you'll get packs from 2002...

This post has been edited by Atomisk: 22 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

#25 User is offline   Kinslayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

Well, I've graduated from the unlimited style on my pokemon decks. nModified for the win. As long as people can use EX pokemon in Unlimited, it will never be fun. So is therer anyword on if there will be prizez for the pokemon tourney? I might still do the Yu-Gi-Oh tourney, but pokemon is where it's at for me right now. Exploud FTW!! :D
Oath of the Night Angels

#26 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:36 AM

no i mean my cards date 2001
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#27 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

I just have an old YGOTCG deck I'm never going to change. It's won me multiple tourney's, nothing big, just comic shop games, defeated blue eyes deck, god decks, waters, and other randoms. I haven't played with it in almost two years, but I'll bring it, I'm thinking of getting back in the game.

This post has been edited by Carnage_Black3: 27 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#28 User is offline   OniOokamiSama 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 28599

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

i've always used the same 3 main cards...Blue-Eyes White Dragon they are my ace cards...then the ultimate dragon came and the shining dragon...so those are my main cards...so I use the dragons...i hate using the structure decks bc compared to my dragons...i own them...and two...its no fun...u dont put any thought into makin the deck bc its already built for u...i love building a deck from scratch...much more fun...and rewarding...any1 agree or am i alone?
Myspace

Facebook

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOW BEFORE THE GREAT LAHARL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------
acen 2012
Laharl (Disgaea)

#29 User is offline   Atomisk 

• Pip

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

View PostOniOokamiSama, on Apr 27 2009, 04:41 PM, said:

i've always used the same 3 main cards...Blue-Eyes White Dragon they are my ace cards...then the ultimate dragon came and the shining dragon...so those are my main cards...so I use the dragons...i hate using the structure decks bc compared to my dragons...i own them...and two...its no fun...u dont put any thought into makin the deck bc its already built for u...i love building a deck from scratch...much more fun...and rewarding...any1 agree or am i alone?

I agree entirely but their there for new players just so they know where to start... Not to actually compete with.

I've been using the same Dark Magician deck(more or less) since they banned Black Luster Soldier and the rest of chaos... So its been a while since I changed my deck but I can still compete. Though I admittedly I do have problem with Lightsworn(or whatever it's called).

View PostKinslayer, on Apr 22 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

Well, I've graduated from the unlimited style on my pokemon decks. nModified for the win. As long as people can use EX pokemon in Unlimited, it will never be fun. So is therer anyword on if there will be prizez for the pokemon tourney? I might still do the Yu-Gi-Oh tourney, but pokemon is where it's at for me right now. Exploud FTW!! :D

Unfortunately there is no official Poke tourney but feel free to play in our open play area. I'm sure we'll have some players show up.

This post has been edited by Atomisk: 27 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

#30 User is offline   OniOokamiSama 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 28599

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:52 PM

View PostAtomisk, on Apr 27 2009, 05:29 PM, said:

I agree entirely but their there for new players just so they know where to start... Not to actually compete with.

I've been using the same Dark Magician deck(more or less) since they banned Black Luster Soldier and the rest of chaos... So its been a while since I changed my deck but I can still compete. Though I admittedly I do have problem with Lightsworn(or whatever it's called).

its good to see others that share my outlook on the structure decks...however, others that I duel against always use the structure decks...and gahh it gets so old...wen i first dueled the Zombie SD i was put in a stalemate...but i pulled off a big combo...future fusion, dragons mirror, dragons mirror...and lets just say he didnt last that turn...lol..and after that i owned him every time...it gets so boring
Myspace

Facebook

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BOW BEFORE THE GREAT LAHARL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------
acen 2012
Laharl (Disgaea)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users