• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ugly Yet Beautiful World Cosplay

#1 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19346

Post icon  Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

:P Hi, all looking forward to another great ACEN this 2009... This year I have made up my mind to do Hikari from “This Ugly yet Beautiful Would” (Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai). I’m hoping to see that there just mite be others out there maybe doing the same. Wishful thinking I know!!! I seem to always choose the odd ball Cosplay. But I guess that is what gets me all the attention. Sewing this out fit is going to be difficult but fun and I am sure it will look perfect when I'm done. Hope to see others out here and drop post. Maybe start setting up some plans or if you need any sewing help and prop ideas, or just general info maybe I could help. I have a big Imagination... :P

#2 User is offline   Malkozaine 

• Exhibit Space Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18764

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

I hope you outfit turns out good. I have been wondering what I should cosplay as this year and you have given me an Idea to possibly do Takeru Takemoto.
"I grant you the rights accorded to an enemy of the gods. You will live from
now, and for ever, in an endless cycle of rebirth; condemned in each life to be hated, feared, scorned, punished, and obliterated!"
-Lezard Valeth, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

#3 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

:rolleyes: Wow that would be really cool and if you do the ED Awakened form, well thats even better. Maybe I can help give some Ideas or help in the construction if needed. My self I know I am doing hilari and I am sewing the outfit completely from scratch. I think am for godist of death attuid being that I don't think I am able to pull off the cutecy type, mite try through. :blush: hope you deside to go through with it. :P I know I am going to try to get on stage for the masquerade and it would be cool if Takeru was by my side for that and some photo's.

#4 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:29 AM

I heart this anime!!! <3<3 I actually have the butterfly part of the logo tattooed on my back ^^* (What? Its pretty! XD)
If I have enough money to fix my wig, I could bring back my Hikari cosplay.. My friend and I went as Hikari and Akari a couple years ago (before it was released here XD). I was trying to fix the wig earlier this year so that I could've brought it to this year's Acen, but I kind of murdered the wig... Heat damage sucks. **nodnod**
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#5 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:44 AM

View PostLezzy-cat, on Oct 24 2008, 06:29 AM, said:

I heart this anime!!! <3<3 I actually have the butterfly part of the logo tattooed on my back ^^* (What? Its pretty! XD)
If I have enough money to fix my wig, I could bring back my Hikari cosplay.. My friend and I went as Hikari and Akari a couple years ago (before it was released here XD). I was trying to fix the wig earlier this year so that I could've brought it to this year's Acen, but I kind of murdered the wig... Heat damage sucks. **nodnod**

Ya, I think the wig and the gems are going to be the hardest things to find. Not to mention styleing it and making the hat. heat damage <_< yuck. Been working with wigs for many year. Just note Never blow dry or brush when wet any wig, hang dry and then brush out. Also when washing don't use real hot water or you'll have a mess. I normally do mine in the sink in warm water. I fill the sink up, add a little shampoo/conditioner and let it soke for 10 mins. Then rinse in warm water and hang dry on a hanger. Hope this INFO will help for future Cosplays...

#6 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:22 AM

View PostHikari, on Oct 24 2008, 07:44 AM, said:

Ya, I think the wig and the gems are going to be the hardest things to find. Not to mention styleing it and making the hat. heat damage <_< yuck. Been working with wigs for many year. Just note Never blow dry or brush when wet any wig, hang dry and then brush out. Also when washing don't use real hot water or you'll have a mess. I normally do mine in the sink in warm water. I fill the sink up, add a little shampoo/conditioner and let it soke for 10 mins. Then rinse in warm water and hang dry on a hanger. Hope this INFO will help for future Cosplays...

Not really actually.. I made the gems out of Model Magic and molded them onto buttons, then painted with a mix of green and blue metallic paint, and sewed that onto the costume. For the wig, I went to maxwigs.com and ordered an orangey wig (I think I got it for around $30).. It was a really nice wig, but at the time I had no idea how to style bangs and such, so it looked sooo bad... (Link!) I had pieces in place with hair pins ^^* I found tutorials online earlier this year on how to style bangs, and I fixed my Princess Kakyuu wig perfectly! I just botched up my Hikari wig afterward, and now it has heat damage, and I need a new wig. u.u
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#7 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:32 AM

:ph34r: Happy Halloween All. Whats you all going as. I'm using last years cosplay Ayu from Rumbling Hearts series. Hope all your cosplays are coming along well :rolleyes: and remember not to eat to much candy or feel the fear to bad that night or the next morning. :blink: :wacko: :P

#8 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:55 AM

Hay Just seeing how everyone is coming along with there cos-plays... Also wondering if any is thinking or got to do any body from this series.

#9 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

Random but was this anime good?
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#10 User is offline   Kanku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18079

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

I stumbled upon this Anime a while ago and thought it was just so effing cute! xDDD I would like to do a costume from the series, but my plate is full this year. Dx
Acen '10 cosplay~
Ivan Braginsky/Russia Of Axis Powers Hetalia[%100] Friday Night Sadiq Adnan/Turkey[Ottoman Empire Variant] of Axis Powers Hetalia[%100]Private shoot Kusama Nowaki of Junjou Egoist[??%] Private shootMori-senpai of Ouran High School Host Club [60%][for OHSHC shoot] [b]Germany/Ludwig/b] of Axis Powers Hetalia[%20] sometime... >_>

I am homosexual with heterosexual tendencies. 8D Lietkun is my LOVE... not yours Poland so sod off.
DeviantArt Cosplay.com Facebook LJ

#11 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL. Acen is 4 month away. Still have not found anyone that is doing this cos-play. I am haft way done with my Hikari's outfit it is coming out very well. hope every one else out there is have the same luck. CIT :blush:

#12 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ok,, Got the white top and jacket dress of this outfit patterned out. :rolleyes: It's really cute looking and is ready to map out and cut the fabric. But I having a little touble figuring out the white and 3/4 purple dress part. Not sure if the white part is, part of the top and is a whole dress or if it is a seprate piece all together. Also if it is a full short dress or just a white front part over laying the purple. Any idea's any one? :P

#13 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

I watched this anime and finished it, not sure when. But it was a good anime. Short but good.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#14 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:17 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on Jan 23 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

I watched this anime and finished it, not sure when. But it was a good anime. Short but good.

It made me cry near the end.

#15 User is offline   TryNotToSmile 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 22475

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

I love this anime!
I hope i get to see your costume. C=
I still don't know who i'm cosplaying.

#16 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Still wondering :unsure: if anyone had made any decistion in doing to do this anime at all...

#17 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:03 AM

Is any meetup or gathering going to happen for this group? I need to know by tonight, Saturday the 8th by 10 pm please!

#18 User is offline   Hikari 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:29 AM

View PostRenegadePocky, on Mar 7 2009, 08:03 AM, said:

Is any meetup or gathering going to happen for this group? I need to know by tonight, Saturday the 8th by 10 pm please!

Unfortunately I pick another one of those purple moon Anime -_- or just didn’t make my forum topic interesting enough <_< (time is a factor with making Cosplay from scratch). So the turn out on getting a group together failed :(

^_^ But thank for checking... look forward at seeing you at ACen :P .

This post has been edited by Hikari: 07 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users