Anime Central Forums: Ultimate Turk Gathering-turk Everything/shin-ra Gathering - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ultimate Turk Gathering-turk Everything/shin-ra Gathering Rough details adn discussion for the Ultimate Turk Gathering and other

#1 User is offline   Raiji Magiwind 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9486

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

Welcome cosplayers. I have been talking with fellow cosplayers among the FF crowd here and there and am getting some interest for it, so I figured I'd make a separate thread for it.
We hosted a event like this year at AWA 2008, which actually went well with about 20 or so folks showing, though a few came late cause we had to move our location...
Some shots from the AWA 2008 one can be found in my Cosplay.com Gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/m58945/
Check the AWA 2008 gallery and check out pages 4 and 5...which has a few of the shots I got with my camera..with the help of some of the people who came to take our pictures..

I also led the charge for the second gathering of this type at Youmacon for Everything Turk. Sadly many didn't show, mostly cause last minute a few other big series did a photoshoot at the same time.
The first run though of the Shin-Ra Reunion Gathering though was a relatively good success though, gathering about 10 people for it's debut at Youmacon.

At this time the final time is still open till it gets closer to the con, but at the moment

Day: Friday @ 4pm,
Saturday after Main FF Complete Gathering
Time: 4pm on Friday and after Main FF Gathering on Saturday

NEW/UPDATE: TIMES POSTED!!!!

Ultimate Turk Gathering is cancelled....
Shin-Ra Reunion IS STILL going on. Two times planned! One on Friday and one on Saturday!

Spoiler

The "Shin-Ra Reunion Gathering" (SRG)
This is basically a gathering of any and all characters of the FF universe that have or do work for the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company. You would be dressed as the character as they where dressed when working for Shin-Ra, Basically this gathering would be the Turks, Rufus, Shin-Ra Scientists and Researchers, SOLDIER, Security Divisions and so on...

So basically characters included here but not limited too would be Cissnei, Cloud (in his SOLDIER 2nd Class uniform of Crisis Core), Kunsel, Zack, Angeal, Genesis, Hojo, Lazard, Turk Vincent, Grimoire Valentine, Lucretia, Reeve, Rude, Reno, Rufus, Elena, Tsung, Hollander, etc.... and so on.

So step on in and discuss. Help me gather some thoughts on what you want to see and so on. I will happily gather the masses if they want to, but I need to know what you have to say and such so I can make the best at organizing it.

NEW: Depending on number of folks and how they feel along with prices of things, I may also look into doing a Shin-Ra Lunch or Dinner event to tie in with the Shin-Ra Reunion event if enough draw interest for it. If a lunch or dinner is planned, then I shall probably be willing to arrange something, though donations towards the cost for the meal would be appreciated...or those who do join in the meal shall pay in there own share on the bill, though I would be willing to reserve the location if needed.

This post has been edited by Raiji Magiwind: 29 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

--ACEN 2011 Cosplay Plans--
LIKELY FINAL SET FOR ACEN 2011...
Persona- Philemon (P2 Ver.-V2.0); OHSHC- Nekozawa (both ver.); +DEBUT+ DGM- Neah Walker/14th
Member of: ACEN Glomp Team- GT's 1st Ninja!!, Crossplay Alliance

#2 User is offline   Raiji Magiwind 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

-bump-

Figured should bring it back to surface for the Final Fantasy folks...

Also some updates to main post...
Persona- Philemon (P2 Ver.-V2.0); OHSHC- Nekozawa (both ver.); +DEBUT+ DGM- Neah Walker/14th

#3 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

Most likely to be cancelled?? D: Gee, I hope not. This would be awesome to go to!
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2015:

Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi (episode 5)
Legend of Korra: Korra (Book 4)

#4 User is offline   Raiji Magiwind 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

ATTENTION FF COSPLAYERS!!! FINAL GATHERING DATA!!!

TWO GATHERINGS for the SHIN-RA REUNION WILL BE HELD!!!

Friday @ 4pm -Meet at Main Lobby area and move from there. Will either choose one spot or do a shoot in several areas...

Saturday after Main FF Complete Gathering (FFC @ 1pm), so roughly around 2pm
Meet at (if not already at Main FF Complete gathering) or stick around at tree patch after FF Complete ends and we will move to other areas for various shots. If we have already left the tree patch, then look for large group of Turks, Rufus' and other FF CP'ers in Shin-Ra related attire.

If either group feels like stopping for a meal at a nearby fast food place within walking distance, then I would be willing to have us all snag a quick meal together as well..

This post has been edited by Raiji Magiwind: 29 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

#5 User is offline   Flame_Alchemist2002 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15801

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

Seems interesting. I'll definitely be there with quite a few other FFVII Cosplayers.

As for myself, I will be Vincent and my other Friend, Hojo.

*curious* Raiji......? deviantart Raiji?
~ACen 2015!~
~Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)--Finished
~Yato (Noragami)-----5%
~Devil Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist)--15%
~Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)----Finished
~Lea (Kingdom Hearts: BBS)--------Finished
"Xion dies, Axel is alone, Roxas' life is´╗┐ a lie. Oh, and they never get to the beach.
THIS IS A DISNEY GAME. >_> " -CheesyGranola (358/2 summary)

#6 User is offline   vstyx 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19664

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

Was fun! :P
Cosplaying

~Rufus Shinra~
Finished! Youtube vid with me and my Turks <3

2009 Staff Ex. Hall

2010~
Future Trunks~
Rufus~ (Gotta bring him back)

#7 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Man! I was right behind you guys until someone told me not to walk through the bush thingys though I wasn't stepping on them. When I walked around, I lost sight of you guys and I was pissed. =.='' I wanted to be apart of the reunion. :(
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2015:

Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi (episode 5)
Legend of Korra: Korra (Book 4)

#8 User is offline   Raiji Magiwind 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

View PostFlame_Alchemist2002, on May 6 2009, 11:03 PM, said:

Seems interesting. I'll definitely be there with quite a few other FFVII Cosplayers.

As for myself, I will be Vincent and my other Friend, Hojo.

*curious* Raiji......? deviantart Raiji?

Yes I'm on DA....same handle... RaijiMagiwind

View Postryozu_011, on May 10 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

Man! I was right behind you guys until someone told me not to walk through the bush thingys though I wasn't stepping on them. When I walked around, I lost sight of you guys and I was pissed. =.='' I wanted to be apart of the reunion. :(

I'm sorry that happened... I think we lost a few of ya, and I stopped a few times to try and see if I could find our ones that got lost on the way back inside...
If you happen to be attending AWA or Youmacon this year, I will be doing the reunion at those cons as well

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users