Anime Central Forums: Who Is Your Cell Carrier - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Who Is Your Cell Carrier And how long have you been with them?

Poll: Who is your cell carrier (22 member(s) have cast votes)

choose your carrier

1. T-Mobile (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Sprint (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. AT&T (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

4. Verison (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

5. Virgin Moble (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

6. Helio (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Other (please list in post) (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote

#1 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Post icon  Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

I got T-moble for now (contract is up and going month to month). I want to know what every body else has, and what they think of their service. I'm probably going to get a Helio Ocean soon, but I wanted to know if forumgoers have Helio and how their service is.

This post has been edited by yor9790: 17 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

i'm back, for now anyway.

#2 User is offline   LordCanti 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 19521

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:41 PM

i have US Cellular my self. free income calls ftw! :3
Lets be friends :3
Facebook :o
last.fm my music tastes ;3
Newly made deviantART :x
Working on Making Props for my Stiyl Magnus Cosplay

#3 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Verizon is supposed to be spelled with a 'Z' not an 'S'. Course til about 3yrs ago I would've said it supposed to be spell C R A P. Then a storm knocked down most of the trees around my house & I now can get calls while at home.

Verizon still has some bad areas, like Morris, where you get mostly static or no signal despite the fact that you are close enough to see 3 cellphone towers.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#4 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

View PostLordCanti, on Oct 17 2008, 08:41 PM, said:

i have US Cellular my self. free income calls ftw! :3

Damn!!!! I knew I was missing a carrier somewhere, I didn't know what one it was (thus the "other" option)!!!!

#5 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

When I first got a cell phone it was thru Ameritech then they changed to cingular which is now AT&T. I haven't had a dropped call in five years and can't really complain.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#6 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

View PostKitsu-chan, on Oct 17 2008, 08:42 PM, said:

Verizon is supposed to be spelled with a 'Z' not an 'S'. Course til about 3yrs ago I would've said it supposed to be spell C R A P. Then a storm knocked down most of the trees around my house & I now can get calls while at home.

Verizon still has some bad areas, like Morris, where you get mostly static or no signal despite the fact that you are close enough to see 3 cellphone towers.

T-mobile in my area is perfect, no dropped call in the 2+ years I've had them, full bars everywhere I go. And yes I know my spelling sux!!!

#7 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

Sprint, not too happy with their signal drops but overall, it's a pretty good service.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#8 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

i haz US Cellular ive been with then since 05 and ive had the same plan since 05 thats 1000 mins 49.95 plus other things hooked up too it but ive added my windows mobile enable Motorola Q phone last year under the same plan thats an extra 24.99 a month roughly i pay $80 somthing a month for my phone the internet and txt msg and blah blah that i couldnt part with lol their plans suck arse now
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#9 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

I've been with T-Mobile since they were VoiceStream. The only dead spot I hit is the Hyatt, but they're not the only provider to lose signal there. My only real complaint with them is the lack of rollover minutes.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

I :heart: my new iPhone >.< Ive been with AT&T for 5 years and I have never had a problem.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#11 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:28 PM

Motorola... :/
ACen Mascot Artist

#12 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

How do you get dead spots in Morris with Verizon? Cause I live a bit further west then that and I have no problems with their service.

In fact I like it so much I have been with them since '02. I even got service in Jamaica, and some little town in Utah that was like 2 hours from Salt lake!!!

I even get decent service in the Hyatt- maybe not the basement all the time- but anything above ground I always do.

Maybe you should update your phone's calling area- so it learns where all then new towers are.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#13 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostDave, on Oct 17 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

I've been with T-Mobile since they were VoiceStream. The only dead spot I hit is the Hyatt, but they're not the only provider to lose signal there. My only real complaint with them is the lack of rollover minutes.

Really?? You get a dead spot in the Hyatt??? I got a Samsung e635 phone with a custom signal booster on it, I got a good signal everywhere even in the basement (2 bars not 6). The non-rollover mins does suk tho.

#14 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

My roommate has Sprint, both phone and laptop internet card. The signal here sux, the customer service ppl are rude, the internet card shuts down (thats if it works at all)!!! I'm lucky to get internet time with this thing. Sprint wont let her out of her contract, even tho its not her fault their signal sux!!!!!

#15 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

View Postsammy-45, on Oct 17 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

How do you get dead spots in Morris with Verizon? Cause I live a bit further west then that and I have no problems with their service.

In fact I like it so much I have been with them since '02. I even got service in Jamaica, and some little town in Utah that was like 2 hours from Salt lake!!!

I even get decent service in the Hyatt- maybe not the basement all the time- but anything above ground I always do.

Maybe you should update your phone's calling area- so it learns where all then new towers are.

I've had Verizon for 8yrs & always had problems in Morris. I just got my current phone 5 months ago & the towers have been there for years. As long as I'm not at the WalMart, or (god forbid) moving I might be able to get a signal. I tried to talk & walk at the same time & I got nothing except static.

My aunt, who works for Verizon, didn't believe me either til she was visiting & I put my phone on speaker while driving. Even she doesn't know why, guess it's just me & my weird electro-magnetic field. I seriously cause watch batteries to explode by wearing a wristwatch. I even managed to 'kill' a Rolex in 13 1/2 hrs by simply wearing it. Basically my natural current runs backwards & at a higer than normal voltage (I get an amp reading when holding a voltometer), thus the watch starts to run backwards, then shortly later the battery basically explodes.

How far are you from Channahon? I'm living in the older part of Channahon. No hi-speed AT&T internet (service ends 2 blocks away), no city sewer, but overall a decent area.

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#16 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:17 PM

View Postyor9790, on Oct 17 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

Really?? You get a dead spot in the Hyatt??? I got a Samsung e635 phone with a custom signal booster on it, I got a good signal everywhere even in the basement (2 bars not 6). The non-rollover mins does suk tho.

It's a miracle! My little Nokia was able to get 2 out of 4 bars on the lower level today. I usually don't get a signal anywhere below the 3rd floor. I wonder if they put in some kind of relay or booster or something.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#17 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:39 PM

View PostDave, on Oct 18 2008, 06:17 PM, said:

It's a miracle! My little Nokia was able to get 2 out of 4 bars on the lower level today. I usually don't get a signal anywhere below the 3rd floor. I wonder if they put in some kind of relay or booster or something.

Rumor is, there is a cell tower built into one of the Hyatt's two towers. My phone does have the custom signal booster inside it. A tech freek genius friend of mine built it for me. I gotta get a new booster for the new phone I might be getting tho.

#18 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

View PostKitsu-chan, on Oct 18 2008, 05:43 PM, said:

guess it's just me & my weird electro-magnetic field. I seriously cause watch batteries to explode by wearing a wristwatch. I even managed to 'kill' a Rolex in 13 1/2 hrs by simply wearing it. Basically my natural current runs backwards & at a higer than normal voltage (I get an amp reading when holding a voltometer), thus the watch starts to run backwards, then shortly later the battery basically explodes.

Your em field sounds like mine. I can't wear a watch or keep my phone in my pocket, I drain the batteries in hours. You have a Rolex with a battery??? I got one of the orignals with a wind up spring (worth more than a battery powered one), my cousin gave it to me when it broke on him. I fixed it and priced it at over $50k!!! Not bad for a broken x-mas gift!!!!

#19 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:24 PM

I thought I was the only "watch-killer". :blink: Three digital watches died a quick death on my wrist...

But to get on topic, I have a Boost Mobile phone with Hello Kitty cell phone charms on it (a couple from Japan and one from Las Vegas). Hasn't failed me yet, in real life or at ACen, but certain parts of our current house has horrible reception (probably because we live less than 3 blocks from a tower). I rarely use it, anyway, though; I got it when I went to college, and now that I'm home I don't have much use for it. Despite this, my complaints mainly lie with the fact that the Push-to-Talk isn't really that convenient; it dies when you run out of minutes.

I really don't understand the whole "have to have the latest cell phone that can do a billion things including DNA analysis" thing. My friend is one of those people; in the past six months he's changed phones at least 3 times. (Of course, one of them was stolen, but the other two or three were on a whim).
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#20 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:37 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Oct 18 2008, 08:24 PM, said:

including DNA analysis" thing.

There is a phone that does that???? I want it!!!!

#21 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

View Postyor9790, on Oct 18 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

Your em field sounds like mine. I can't wear a watch or keep my phone in my pocket, I drain the batteries in hours. You have a Rolex with a battery??? I got one of the orignals with a wind up spring (worth more than a battery powered one), my cousin gave it to me when it broke on him. I fixed it and priced it at over $50k!!! Not bad for a broken x-mas gift!!!!

It was a friend's, he got it from work as a X-mas bonus. He didn't believe me when I said I could kill any watch by merely wearing it & let me wear it for a day. I've killed a total of 6 digitals & 2 analog watches by wearing them. The longest lasted 2 1/2 hrs.

Oddly enough it has to be directly touching skin. So I can carry my phone in my pocket. Course I seem to release a charge rather than drain things, hence why the battery explode. It's kinda interesting seeing the battery acid leak out from the battery.

#22 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

me too maybe i can figure out who my daddy is O_O
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me

#23 User is offline   Ketsueki Raven 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11782

Posted 18 October 2008 - 11:08 PM

View PostDave, on Oct 17 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

I have T-Mobile and have been with them since 2003.

I had good service at acen last year (av. 3 bars) and the only time I had problems with connection was in the elevator in the crowne plaza.

o.o mine has rollover minutes.

Delta Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc.
#45 Airyn from ISU's Terrific Three Nu Class SPR '10

"If it looks like I'm fading, light a torch for me."
@ketsueki_raven

#24 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:24 AM

my minutes never really get used i have 1000 they dont rollover i dont think i even use so much as 100 mins just because of the whole free mobile to mobile everyone i know possibly uses us cellular or people call me which is free incoming minutes im afraid that if i change my plan my minutes will go up on smoke lol

Facebook Me

#25 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Verizon has served me well, I have no complaints.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#26 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

Wow, so far no one has helio!!!

#27 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

i have T-mobile. I've had them for the past 2 years. They are okay. Not the best carrier i've had but it's something.

i have 2000 anytime minutes so thats a plus even tho i don't always use them.
愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#28 User is offline   LordCanti 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19521

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

One of the things I don't like or at lest find odd about US Cellular is some times someone will call me and instead of ringing it goes straight to voice mail. >_>
Lets be friends :3
Facebook :o
last.fm my music tastes ;3
Newly made deviantART :x
Working on Making Props for my Stiyl Magnus Cosplay

#29 User is offline   Aya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16803

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

I have Verizon. Pretty good I must say, but when I get in my house I have no reception at all. I have to go by my patio door to get my reception which sucks. I love it though. Most of my friend's have verizon so that means incoming calls, and out going calls are free for all Verizon people. That and my boyfriend and I picked unlimited texting. ^.^ So far no complaints except for that fact I get know reception in my house or outside. My boyfriend had to stand in the middle of the road to get reception, and this is when no cars are coming too.
Possible Cosplay's for ACen 2011
~Futuristic Blood Elf: World of Warcraft/Original Design.(5%)
~Team Rocket Grunt: Pokemon

~Lightning: Final Fantasy XIII (5%)
~Umbreon Gijinka: Pokemon (5%)

#30 User is offline   Princess Mercury 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19197

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

I got a new phone recently and I :heart: it!!! I have had AT&T for about 4 or 5 years and i have had very few problems with them...I think only one problem so far. ^_^
TekoMuto fangirl

Excecutive Member of the Eddie Izzard Fan Club

Spam Squad Member!! (57 kills and counting!!)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users