• This topic is locked

Fye Anime Spectacular Myspace! For the Bourbonnais, IL location

#1 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Post icon  Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

hey guys, just putting it out there that I created a myspace for the anime events that happen at FYE about every month. I'm the anime go-to person at my store, and so to get the word out there, I created the page to keep everyone up to date on when the anime events are happening, what sales will be going on, etc. I will also be taking suggestions for anime you would like to get at the store!!!! So please please please add me!!!! Remember that this is for the FYE in Northfield Square Mall in Bourbonnais, IL, so if you want to suggest something to a store that's closer to you, I can't help you out. :/

Our next anime event will be November 9th!!! We will have all anime buy one get one 50% off, and the same goes for the toys, candy, manga, swords, etc.

The url for my myspace is www.myspace.com/nfsfyeanime.

Thanks!!! <3

This post has been edited by audaciouska241: 13 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

#2 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

whats fye?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Post icon  Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

Kasin, its an entertainment store For Your Entertainment....I think lol

but the last FYE anime 'spectacular' royally SUCKED. The only people that went were a bunch of NOOBS and during the trivia they completely bombed and the jerks put me and my friends in a group together...it was horrible because only one of us could win in our group. Also the cosplay contest was completely RIGGED. God that pissed me off. A bunch of 12 yr old Narutards who have only seen Naruto(havent even read the manga....I know that because I asked >.<) and they were all wearing ebayed akatsuki cloaks. Yeah....that was a horrible sight. I was Ururu from Bleach and I spent HOURS doing my hair and the reason why I didnt win was because the 'host' hated Bleach. <_< :angry:

I will probably NEVER go to those again...also the prizes sucked...majorly. They were between 3 dvd's - 1st of Bleach, Naruto and Full Moon (which isnt soo bad...but still....I love boxsets)

Sorry to rant, but that day really pissed me off.

OH! AND the trivia was soooo lame....they had like 50 Ranma 1/2 questions! I was like wtf? Thats a bad series lol and goes on forever, granted I did know the answers to the questions. But I was happy that they threw in some Tenchi Muyo and Street Fighters (Why? I dunno...)

So yeah....sorry. But whoever wants to go....I will say this, BEWARE
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

View PostSa-chan, on Oct 13 2008, 11:11 PM, said:

Kasin, its an entertainment store For Your Entertainment....I think lol

but the last FYE anime 'spectacular' royally SUCKED. The only people that went were a bunch of NOOBS and during the trivia they completely bombed and the jerks put me and my friends in a group together...it was horrible because only one of us could win in our group. Also the cosplay contest was completely RIGGED. God that pissed me off. A bunch of 12 yr old Narutards who have only seen Naruto(havent even read the manga....I know that because I asked >.<) and they were all wearing ebayed akatsuki cloaks. Yeah....that was a horrible sight. I was Ururu from Bleach and I spent HOURS doing my hair and the reason why I didnt win was because the 'host' hated Bleach. <_< :angry:

I will probably NEVER go to those again...also the prizes sucked...majorly. They were between 3 dvd's - 1st of Bleach, Naruto and Full Moon (which isnt soo bad...but still....I love boxsets)

Sorry to rant, but that day really pissed me off.

OH! AND the trivia was soooo lame....they had like 50 Ranma 1/2 questions! I was like wtf? Thats a bad series lol and goes on forever, granted I did know the answers to the questions. But I was happy that they threw in some Tenchi Muyo and Street Fighters (Why? I dunno...)

So yeah....sorry. But whoever wants to go....I will say this, BEWARE

Okay, well thanks for doing that for me. That was at the store that YOU went to, and mine is run VERY differently. I actually know what the hell I'm talking about, and was hired there because nobody knew anything about anime that was working at the store already. I'm actually trying to put forth an effort so kids have something to do in my town because guess what's around me to do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. We're surrounded by corn fields. For the first one I did a month ago, I made all the questions myself, ONE QUESTION PER ANIME. And I cosplay myself, and I can spot a fake/store bought costume. The girl who ended up winning at mine had done an amazing Malice Mizer type outfit, make up and everything. I told my friends before hand that I would not give them a prize and look biased to everyone else. I actually was out on the floor the whole time that day and was walking around, talking to people making sure they were having a good time. I even offered to open people's Ramune who didn't know how to open it. I started a Myspace page so I can get suggestions from people on what to order so that it's there the day that they can buy their anime the cheapest. I even go over to Best Buy across the street and make note of what they don't have so that way I can order it, because I know that most people end up saying "it's cheaper somewhere else" and leave. I bust my arse to at least have the things in my store that aren't available anywhere else so people can go "o_O oh wow! I can't believe they have this! awesome!" So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bash this just because you had a bad experience elsewhere.

And sorry the prizes sucked. Maybe you should try coming to mine, we give out gift cards with at least 10 bucks on them each, 25 for the best cosplay.

This post has been edited by audaciouska241: 13 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:54 AM

View Postaudaciouska241, on Oct 14 2008, 12:15 AM, said:

Okay, well thanks for doing that for me. That was at the store that YOU went to, and mine is run VERY differently. I actually know what the hell I'm talking about, and was hired there because nobody knew anything about anime that was working at the store already. I'm actually trying to put forth an effort so kids have something to do in my town because guess what's around me to do? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. We're surrounded by corn fields. For the first one I did a month ago, I made all the questions myself, ONE QUESTION PER ANIME. And I cosplay myself, and I can spot a fake/store bought costume. The girl who ended up winning at mine had done an amazing Malice Mizer type outfit, make up and everything. I told my friends before hand that I would not give them a prize and look biased to everyone else. I actually was out on the floor the whole time that day and was walking around, talking to people making sure they were having a good time. I even offered to open people's Ramune who didn't know how to open it. I started a Myspace page so I can get suggestions from people on what to order so that it's there the day that they can buy their anime the cheapest. I even go over to Best Buy across the street and make note of what they don't have so that way I can order it, because I know that most people end up saying "it's cheaper somewhere else" and leave. I bust my arse to at least have the things in my store that aren't available anywhere else so people can go "o_O oh wow! I can't believe they have this! awesome!" So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bash this just because you had a bad experience elsewhere.

And sorry the prizes sucked. Maybe you should try coming to mine, we give out gift cards with at least 10 bucks on them each, 25 for the best cosplay.

Well you have a valid story there! I apologize for the ranting...I just was very upset. I'm glad that there are people like you running the show though. That makes me happy. Sadly, I can't go because of work and such and also its waaay to far away from where I live. I would have loved to see the Malice Mizer cosplayer ^^ they were a good band while it lasted! And yeah...the FYE that is by me is terrible. The prices are ridiculous and the boxsets are damaged and yet can go for 100 bucks. *sighs*

Well good luck with your store and the event. I hope the good type of fans make it, and you can have people to talk to! ^^ (the people that worked at the other store didnt even talk to us T_T but I can see why lol)
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

View PostSa-chan, on Oct 14 2008, 10:54 AM, said:

Well you have a valid story there! I apologize for the ranting...I just was very upset. I'm glad that there are people like you running the show though. That makes me happy. Sadly, I can't go because of work and such and also its waaay to far away from where I live. I would have loved to see the Malice Mizer cosplayer ^^ they were a good band while it lasted! And yeah...the FYE that is by me is terrible. The prices are ridiculous and the boxsets are damaged and yet can go for 100 bucks. *sighs*

Well good luck with your store and the event. I hope the good type of fans make it, and you can have people to talk to! ^^ (the people that worked at the other store didnt even talk to us T_T but I can see why lol)

*Bows* Thank you Sa-chan. btw, what FYE is by you anyways? I saw on your profile that you live in Woodstock? Do you go to the one in Woodfield mall? That's actually the one that I'm supposed to be transferring up to when I go to school up there in a couple of years, so I hope that one isn't it. Otherwise I'm going to be taking names and kicking ARSE!!!! just for you. XD

#7 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

View Postaudaciouska241, on Oct 14 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

*Bows* Thank you Sa-chan. btw, what FYE is by you anyways? I saw on your profile that you live in Woodstock? Do you go to the one in Woodfield mall? That's actually the one that I'm supposed to be transferring up to when I go to school up there in a couple of years, so I hope that one isn't it. Otherwise I'm going to be taking names and kicking ARSE!!!! just for you. XD

I do go to Woodfield now. But the one that I went to was Springhill. I do like Woodfield mall A LOT better than Springhill. So Kudos to you! ^_^ Unfortunately, the dvd's arent really plentiful T_T so hopefully you can change that!
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#8 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:26 PM

so it's an anime chain store?
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#9 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

View PostKasin, on Oct 14 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

so it's an anime chain store?

No. Its a CD, DVD store with small electronic trinkets like headphones randomly lol with a selection of anime dvd's, crapily made plushies, keychains, some manga and candy. They have pretty much more DVD's than anything ^^ I heart boxsets.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users