Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley / Art Show T-shirt Guidlines - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley / Art Show T-shirt Guidlines and etc....

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Post icon  Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:57 PM

What is the Artist Alley / Art Show T-Shirt? It's an Artist Alley / Art Show themed T-Shirt. Fan drawn; something we at ACEN are putting together with help from interested artists all around. You should certainly hurry since you only have till Jan 1st at 12:00 AM CST.

Why are we doing this?
The majority of participants in the Artist Alley / Art Show have voiced an opinion that it would be beneficial for the Artist Alley / Art Show to produce memorabilia so that people can remember their time at ACen's Artist Alley / Art Show.

What are we looking for?

There is One category:

1. The T-Shirt.

The Rules

All pieces entered in this contest must meet certain requirements:
1. NO hentai, yaoi, or yuri. No excessive violence or vulgar language. We are a family friendly convention; nothing exceeding pg-13 in nature will be accepted.
2. Please include the ACEN's mascots: Jaye, Elle, and Kit
3. You may submit up to 2 entries.
4. All entries must be submitted by JAN 1st 12:00 AM CST.
5. All entries must be sent to artistalley@acen.org in jpg or pdf formatting. Please make "Artist Alley T-Shirt" the subject line of your email.

Pricing

1. Images with more than Black and White will make the T-Shirt more expensive.
2. Images on the front and back will make the T-Shirt more expensive.

Judging

The winner will be selected by a vote.

The voting will be either public or ACen staff, depending on submitted volume.

Grand Prize and Winner: Winner will be contacted by the DH or an ADH, and receive the satisfaction that their Art is on a T-Shirt, and possibly a free Artist Alley / Art Show T-Shirt. Must stop by AA staff table to receive.

Winners must be present at ACEN 2009 in order to claim prize.

Best of luck! We are looking forward to your entries!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Just contact us at artists@acen.org

This post has been edited by Voltaire30: 21 December 2008 - 06:44 AM
Reason for edit: Specific

Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   neomonki 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18787

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:48 AM

Is there anywhere we can get more information on the mascots or more images of them as reference?

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

View Postneomonki, on Oct 20 2008, 08:48 AM, said:

Is there anywhere we can get more information on the mascots or more images of them as reference?

I am going to attempt to acquire images and more info on them. Hopefully it will not take to long.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

Sadly I have yet to find anymore images/info on the mascots. I will keep trying but the acen home page image has the basic idea behind it. Kit has been portrayed as a fox kit before.

#5 User is offline   bunnybeth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 15

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:48 PM

View Postneomonki, on Oct 20 2008, 08:48 AM, said:

I found this thread from the 2008 archives that talks about the mascots and has some links to pictures: http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=21751
CONversations A webcomic about the CON experience
Anime Eats! A cookbook inspired by food in anime and manga.

"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game." -Derek Zoolander
[BadCat Studios] [CONversations] [Bunnybeth.net]

#6 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

A lot of those links don't work.

So you prefer black and white images for the shirt design?
I might try this out if that's the case.

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Oct 25 2008, 07:00 PM, said:

A lot of those links don't work.

So you prefer black and white images for the shirt design?
I might try this out if that's the case.

It will just cost you less to buy the shirt, if it is black and white.

#8 User is offline   Keiichi-chan 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3332

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:18 PM

Cool, I'll give it a try. The winner's design is featured on this year's shirts,right?
And is there a theme at all or no?

#9 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

View PostKeiichi-chan, on Nov 11 2008, 06:18 PM, said:

Cool, I'll give it a try. The winner's design is featured on this year's shirts,right?
And is there a theme at all or no?

Yep, if submissions come in before the deadline :) but if no one makes it in time that is ok too. I will just try and get this program a go next acen.

As for a theme..... nope. I wanted to give as much creative license to give options, yet still acen alley related. :wub:

#10 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

If you artwork Wins you will know and be sent a form that you must agree for it to appear on the Shirt. It states the same things as the Doujinshi Central.

#11 User is offline   Worldlygate 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5907

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

Are the designs allowed to be in full color? I would like to know because I can make one that is just purely one color as well.
DeviantART

Cosplaying as...

Haruhi Suzumiya~

#12 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

View PostWorldlygate, on Dec 2 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

Are the designs allowed to be in full color? I would like to know because I can make one that is just purely one color as well.

Yep, either Color or BlackandWhite

#13 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Dec 3 2008, 04:21 AM, said:

Yep, either Color or BlackandWhite

Hihi,

Ok, somewhat silly question: can you submit the same design in BOTH color AND black-and-white?

~Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#14 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Dec 3 2008, 08:06 AM, said:

Hihi,

Ok, somewhat silly question: can you submit the same design in BOTH color AND black-and-white?

~Akane

Actually, I was about to ask the same question? Also, I don't recall if there is a limit on the amount of entries each person can submit?
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#15 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:26 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Dec 3 2008, 01:06 AM, said:

Hihi,

~Akane

Yes

View PostViz_K Prince, on Dec 3 2008, 01:08 PM, said:

Actually, I was about to ask the same question? Also, I don't recall if there is a limit on the amount of entries each person can submit?

I did not set an exact limit. I did not anticipate as much enthusiasm from people on this "event" so I didnt set down extensive rules (not wanting to crush creativity). Just please no more than 2, it looks like I will have alot of pictures to look through (if all who are interested in submitting submit).

#16 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:47 AM

The rules and guidelines have been formatted correctly and look better.

#17 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:01 PM

Yay! I just submitted my designs!

Good luck everybody, and I hope everyone has been having a wonderful holiday season!

Lots of Smiles,
Akane
Katsuyama Studios
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#18 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

Sadly we only received 3 people who sent in designs which does not bode well for the activity. I will still try and keep this thing going.
I will endeavor to get the voting system up ASAP and to keep the idea alive.

#19 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Jan 2 2009, 10:56 PM, said:

Sadly we only received 3 people who sent in designs which does not bode well for the activity. I will still try and keep this thing going.
I will endeavor to get the voting system up ASAP and to keep the idea alive.

I have an idea...would it be a good idea to let the people in the merchandising thread in on this? After all, the AA T-Shirt is a piece of ACEN merchandise, and everyone on there is really open and willing to give opinions and vote in polls and such.

Thoughts?

Smiles,
Akane

#20 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Jan 2 2009, 06:52 PM, said:

I have an idea...would it be a good idea to let the people in the merchandising thread in on this? After all, the AA T-Shirt is a piece of ACEN merchandise, and everyone on there is really open and willing to give opinions and vote in polls and such.

Thoughts?

Smiles,
Akane

I would not shoot down the idea. I have been brainstorming with the Merch DH, since this is a type of merchandise, and we are trying to find some way to keep it going. The people who visit the Merch threads might have a good idea.

#21 User is offline   Hōzukimaru 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19531

Post icon  Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

Is the entire T-shirt idea or the voting system that is in trouble? Because if you needed more submissions, maybe you could extend the deadline (if possible) or offer a prize, like a simple gift basket (if possible), but if the entire T-shirt idea is in trouble then i'm not sure what you can do ... but if there is anything that we (as artists) can do to help you out, just let us know, i'll be more than willing to help out (if possible)!
龍紋鬼灯丸 !!!!!!

#22 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

View PostHōzukimaru, on Jan 5 2009, 11:47 AM, said:

Is the entire T-shirt idea or the voting system that is in trouble? Because if you needed more submissions, maybe you could extend the deadline (if possible) or offer a prize, like a simple gift basket (if possible), but if the entire T-shirt idea is in trouble then i'm not sure what you can do ... but if there is anything that we (as artists) can do to help you out, just let us know, i'll be more than willing to help out (if possible)!

It is a combination of both unfortunately. I am afraid I can not extend the deadline because of dates to get things in. The basic idea of having an AA T-shirt will not be let go, but for this year it does not look good. The people who have participated in either sending art for the competition or voting in some of the polls, thank you.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users