Anime Central Forums: Free Alternatives To Expensive Software - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Free Alternatives To Expensive Software Open Source for artist.

#1 User is offline   Fizzle 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 19555

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:25 PM

Last acen I was at a panel about video games that didn't happen, the people leading the panel didn't make it. However, in their absence
another discussion started that was just as interesting (at least for me and a few other people) A few perspective comic book/game creators
noted that although they had strong interest in creating material, the software programs that are 'industry standard' are often far beyond
the price range of someone just starting out. So, we got started on the topic of open source/ free alternatives to expensive software. There
are tons of them out there and most of them work well in the absence of commercial programs. I was thinking of running a panel discussing
and introducing people to some of these programs, hopefully helping them meet their creative goals without breaking the bank. Thoughts?
Criticisms? Questions? I've never run a panel before, so if you have any helpful advice it would be greatly appreciated.
The Adventures of the Nautilus:
www.nautilus.studiopixi.com

#2 User is offline   kittytreats 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9009

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:24 PM

Fizzle: Being an open source user, I would love to see a panel like this.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users