• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Torchwood

#1 User is offline   Alkelie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17543

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:55 PM

is anyone going as anyone from torchwood, i have a friend , her friend is going as gwen and wants her to go as Toshiko, i want her to go as toshiko too, i have a question do many anime fans watch doctor who, or torchwood, by the way torchwood is like action scifi and yaoi packed. i ask cause i dont want her to go in costume and everyone to go like, who the hell are u?
Acen 09!!

Brock- 10%
Stein-15%
Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji)- 0%

#2 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 24 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

Depending on time constraints I might be able to bring my Gwen.

And hopefully I actually end up being able to wear it unlike last year... >>
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#3 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:53 AM

There were Torchwood and Doctor Who costumes this year. Go for it, I'd love to see more ;)
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#4 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:28 AM

Knitty will be bringing back her Jack and I will try to get a Ianto done. If nothing else I do have my Gwen to fall back on.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#5 User is offline   I Am Imaginary 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 15218

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:16 PM

I was actually thinking of seeing if we should set up another Doctor Who shoot for 09. The one on Friday last year was pretty well received and definitely bigger than I had expected it to be. Though I won't be doing an elaborate Doctor Who cosplay this year like my Weeping Angel from last year. I already have my three elaborate cosplays planned but I might be able to throw together a Sarah Jane cosplay and bring along a little surprise for everyone. ;)
OMG! It's my DEVIANTART PAGE!
Hooray shameless advertising!
And while I'm at it, here's a NiGHTS RPG for anyone interested! ~^.^~

~My cosplay '09 plans~
High Priest Yukito (Tsubasa), Sarah Jane (Doctor Who/The Sarah Jane Adventures), Yuko (xxxHolic/Tsubasa), Clawz (NiGHTS into Dreams)

~My sister's cosplay '09 plans~
Eve (Black Cat), Moro (xxxHolic) (her friend is being Maru), NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams)

#6 User is offline   Alkelie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17543

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

THANKS GUYS COMMENTS WELL RECIEVED
Acen 09!!

Brock- 10%
Stein-15%
Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji)- 0%

#7 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9689

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

I would be willing to bring a doctor who costume if you get anther shoot together currently I have two costumes.
the master with dalek enhancement from doctor who curse of the fatal death.
I also have an empty child cosplay the gasmask zombie

#8 User is offline   Stephy 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19574

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

We need to have a Doctor Who/Torchwood photoshot!!

I'm Alkelie's friend's friend who is doing Gwen, though now I just made a Rose costume so I don't know what I'm going to do. We should have two meet ups ! lol. But yea and then our other friend will for sure be doing Tosh she may eventually get a Donna costume to!
------------------------------
livejournal/myspace/cosplay.com
AIM: bad x woif

--------------------------------
Acen 2009
Orginal J-Rocker - Singer of Wild Jungle
Rinoa Heartilly - Final Fantasy 8
Gwen Cooper - Torchwood
Rose Tyler - Doctor Who

#9 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

View Postpaper godzilla, on Oct 3 2008, 09:58 PM, said:

the master with dalek enhancement from doctor who curse of the fatal death.

hahahha I love the Curse of Fatal Death! Is it the suction cup hand or the "dalek bumps?"

I will probably be running around as the 10th Doctor (it seems EVERYONE cosplays the 10th Doctor, but i have 99% of the costume lying around my house anyway, so why not?) on Saturday, so we should have it Saturday!
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#10 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 05:52 PM

View PostProfessor_Hojo @_@, on Oct 12 2008, 12:18 PM, said:

hahahha I love the Curse of Fatal Death! Is it the suction cup hand or the "dalek bumps?"

I will probably be running around as the 10th Doctor (it seems EVERYONE cosplays the 10th Doctor, but i have 99% of the costume lying around my house anyway, so why not?) on Saturday, so we should have it Saturday!

actually I have both I do the dalek bumps and carry a suction cup hand

#11 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

View PostStephy, on Oct 10 2008, 11:12 PM, said:

We should have two meet ups ! lol.

There were 2 last year so it's entirely possible.
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#12 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

Knitchick and I may need to borrow a Gwen, Owen and Tosh one night for a photoshoot (private) that we want to do. But that is only if we can't convince Knitty's friends to do them.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#13 User is offline   I Am Imaginary 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

If we have a shoot on Saturday I'd prefer it be in the morning since I'm planning to wear either my Yuko or Clawz cosplay most of Saturday (probably Clawz, comfier shoes ~^.^~). There is always the option of doing two shoots like we did last year, though Friday had a much better turn out than Saturday did.

~My cosplay '09 plans~
High Priest Yukito (Tsubasa), Sarah Jane (Doctor Who/The Sarah Jane Adventures), Yuko (xxxHolic/Tsubasa), Clawz (NiGHTS into Dreams)

Eve (Black Cat), Moro (xxxHolic) (her friend is being Maru), NiGHTS (NiGHTS into Dreams)

#14 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

Well, I dont mind doing it in the morning. I could wear my Doctor costume on Friday, but I have no way of knowing what time I'll actually be at the con (the earliest could possibly be 5 PM)
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#15 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

Yay more Torchwood and Doctor Who peoples!!

We definitely need to do TW/DW shoots. Especially since my friends and I really REALLY want to try and get photos of some scenes from her fanfic...but that'll involve needing the entire Torchwood team plus the Doctor and Donna and Omni and I in somewhat-civvies. :) (it's me, my friend the author, plus two other friends and then Omni, pockychopstix and I getting ready to film....and then the TW team drops in and then the Doctor and Donna and we have to all squeeze in two cars! That's what we really want to get a photo of, everyone crammed in the cars).

I'll definitely be breaking Jack out again, possibly two versions (I'm in the process of slowly picking up pieces of his WWII costume from "Empty Child"/"Doctor Dances"), and probably Donna too. So I'm all for more than one shoot!
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
ACen 2015: Kumon Kaito (Kamen Rider Gaim), Ian Yorkland (Kyoryuger, Rowdy Roddy Piper
Wizard World 2015 (big maybe): Jemma Simmons
Youmacon 2015: Nightcrawler (tentative), Ian Yorkland

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#16 User is offline   I Am Imaginary 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Wow, is it just me or are The Sarah Jane Adventures being very neglected here? Am I the only person who liked that show or something?

~My cosplay '09 plans~

#17 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

View PostI Am Imaginary, on Oct 12 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

Wow, is it just me or are The Sarah Jane Adventures being very neglected here? Am I the only person who liked that show or something?

I like SJA! In fact I talked my mom into getting it for me for my birthday (so I can get it signed at Chicago TARDIS by Elisabeth Sladen!). I just really don't have any desire to cosplay Sarah Jane. Mostly because I really don't have any desire to cosplay anyone but Jack right now (okay, Donna's an exception...but she's DONNA! You get to scream "OI!" when cosplaying her :D )
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
ACen 2015: Kumon Kaito (Kamen Rider Gaim), Ian Yorkland (Kyoryuger, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#18 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:06 AM

me and a few friends did bane at last year photo shoot. I had a tentical mask and buiness suit and a bottole of orange soda. my friends came to the shoot just holding out the bottles and saying drink drink

#19 User is offline   Stephy 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

We should take some pictures when I do Rose! I know on another thing you said you might wear him Friday night as well? Cause I know for the group photoshoot I'll probably do Gwen but then I do want to ran around as Rose but it would be better if I had a Doctor for a bit of the time!

View Postomnichild, on Oct 12 2008, 07:22 PM, said:

Knitchick and I may need to borrow a Gwen, Owen and Tosh one night for a photoshoot (private) that we want to do. But that is only if we can't convince Knitty's friends to do them.

Well if Knitty's friends don't do them and you need Gwen I'm totally down!!! And my friend is gonna do Tosh so if you need Tosh to!

I'm doing one of those fantasy J-rock bands so hopefully the photoshoot and that will be different times.

Acen 2009
Gwen Cooper - Torchwood
Rose Tyler - Doctor Who

#20 User is offline   Stephy 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:21 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Oct 12 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

I'll definitely be breaking Jack out again, possibly two versions (I'm in the process of slowly picking up pieces of his WWII costume from "Empty Child"/"Doctor Dances"), and probably Donna too. So I'm all for more than one shoot!

Oh I just realized I know you lol. I'm adistantshadow I'm LJ.

Acen 2009
Gwen Cooper - Torchwood
Rose Tyler - Doctor Who

#21 User is offline   I Am Imaginary 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Oct 13 2008, 12:01 AM, said:

I like SJA! In fact I talked my mom into getting it for me for my birthday (so I can get it signed at Chicago TARDIS by Elisabeth Sladen!). I just really don't have any desire to cosplay Sarah Jane. Mostly because I really don't have any desire to cosplay anyone but Jack right now (okay, Donna's an exception...but she's DONNA! You get to scream "OI!" when cosplaying her :D )

Heh, I was mostly just bringing it up because SJA was hardly being mentioned in here, it was all Doctor Who and Torchwood. I realize Doctor Who and Torchwood have been running longer and all but I felt like SJA was being neglected... Like I said, I'll likely be going as Sarah Jane if we have a shoot and bringing along a surprise for everyone that I thought up too late last year.

View Postpaper godzilla, on Oct 13 2008, 09:06 AM, said:

me and a few friends did bane at last year photo shoot. I had a tentical mask and buiness suit and a bottole of orange soda. my friends came to the shoot just holding out the bottles and saying drink drink

I REMEMBER YOU GUYS! You were so awesome!

~My cosplay '09 plans~

#22 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

View PostStephy, on Oct 13 2008, 02:21 PM, said:

Oh I just realized I know you lol. I'm adistantshadow I'm LJ.

HI! Good to see you here too! :D Yay, a Gwen, and a Tosh, AWESOME!

View PostI Am Imaginary, on Oct 13 2008, 06:29 PM, said:

Heh, I was mostly just bringing it up because SJA was hardly being mentioned in here, it was all Doctor Who and Torchwood. I realize Doctor Who and Torchwood have been running longer and all but I felt like SJA was being neglected... Like I said, I'll likely be going as Sarah Jane if we have a shoot and bringing along a surprise for everyone that I thought up too late last year.

That is total awesomeness, I might break out the fourth Doctor at some point, if I ever find the right jacket, but if not I *will* have my scarf with for goofy photos :)

#23 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:50 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Oct 12 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

We definitely need to do TW/DW shoots. Especially since my friends and I really REALLY want to try and get photos of some scenes from her fanfic...but that'll involve needing the entire Torchwood team plus the Doctor and Donna and Omni and I in somewhat-civvies. :) (it's me, my friend the author, plus two other friends and then Omni, pockychopstix and I getting ready to film....and then the TW team drops in and then the Doctor and Donna and we have to all squeeze in two cars! That's what we really want to get a photo of, everyone crammed in the cars).

Oh that photoshoot sounds fun too! I want to be smooshed up against the doctor cosplayer in the car! lol. XD If I get the chance, I will try to get Rose done from Empty Child/Doctor Dances. And then i will have Ianto to go with one of your Jacks and Rose to go with the other.

View PostI Am Imaginary, on Oct 12 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

Have you seen any of the newest season? I am so sad and it is only three episodes in!

And the Bane group was great last year. I am waiting to see a Pied Piper this year.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#24 User is offline   I Am Imaginary 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:30 PM

View Postomnichild, on Oct 13 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

Have you seen any of the newest season? I am so sad and it is only three episodes in!

And the Bane group was great last year. I am waiting to see a Pied Piper this year.

Wait, the new season of Sarah Jane Adventures started here? CURSE MY TIVO AND ITS FAILURE TO RECORD WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO!!!! *shakes fist* >.<

~My cosplay '09 plans~

#25 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

View Postomnichild, on Oct 13 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

:-P~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually the one blog where I've been finding my TW S3 filming pics had a link to the Sontaran episode but I haven't had a chance to watch it because of this crazy thing called school. (but because of that crazy thing called school I gots to be in a parade today! :D )

View PostI Am Imaginary, on Oct 14 2008, 12:30 AM, said:

Wait, the new season of Sarah Jane Adventures started here? CURSE MY TIVO AND ITS FAILURE TO RECORD WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO!!!! *shakes fist* >.<

Not here. Over in the UK. Who knows when SciFi will get off their lazy arses and air it. I swear we didn't get all of series one, it seemed to end so abruptly. But I guess I'll find the answer to that in a month when I get my DVD :D

Actually...because of cosplay I had no problems with the parade today. It was unseasonably warm and we did do a lot of walking. But compared to the Acen Aftermath Photoshoot and the Halloween photoshoot last year, to me it was a peace of cake! :D I mean, I was in Converse!! (as opposed to the Halloween meetup where I was in 2 inch knee-high boots!)

(if you are in Chicagoland or get our stations and watch the Columbus Day parade on Saturday when it airs, I'm with the Dominican University Italian Club :) )

#26 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

View PostI Am Imaginary, on Oct 14 2008, 12:30 AM, said:

Nope, it hasn't aired over in the US yet. I am naughty. XD

@ Knitty: You should come down here and visit me sometime! I don't know what we could do other than sit and watch a marathon of Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane! But it would be fun!!
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#27 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

View Postomnichild, on Oct 14 2008, 10:07 AM, said:

@ Knitty: You should come down here and visit me sometime! I don't know what we could do other than sit and watch a marathon of Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane! But it would be fun!!

I'd be naughty but I can't get the hang of those torrent things ;)

I'd totally love to visit, marathons are always fun! :D Maybe after I finish this semester (with November and NaNoWriMo and opening of the Christmas show looming things are getting insanely crazy). Don't forget there's always fun goofy photoshoots too!!

#28 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Oct 14 2008, 07:19 PM, said:

I'd be naughty but I can't get the hang of those torrent things ;)

I'd totally love to visit, marathons are always fun! :D Maybe after I finish this semester (with November and NaNoWriMo and opening of the Christmas show looming things are getting insanely crazy). Don't forget there's always fun goofy photoshoots too!!

Yay!!! Man, I will have to get my arse in gear and get to work on those cosplays!!!

Oh! And speaking of photoshoots! There is a couple of bleach shots that I want to do!!! I will have to email you or something with my ideas!!! We are totally just going to have to brainstorm all the different photoshoots we need to do together!
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#29 User is offline   I Am Imaginary 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

View Postomnichild, on Oct 14 2008, 10:07 AM, said:

Oh, in that case... *pats TiVo gently* Good TiVo, you get a cookie! That is, as long as you don't glitch out again while I'm trying to watch my shows -_-

Heh, I'm not really the naughty type, too lazy to go to the trouble... XD Then I end up getting spoilers from those who aren't as lazy as me and I'm all like "NOES! DON'T RUIN IT FOR ME!"

~My cosplay '09 plans~

#30 User is offline   paper godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:04 PM

with all the empty child and doctor dances costume talk I will now have to bring my empty child gas mask. I'm currently trying to figure away to mask it look like its blended to my face.

gasmask

This post has been edited by paper godzilla: 15 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users