Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley/art Show T-shirt? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley/art Show T-shirt? just an idea...

#1 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Post icon  Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

Hihi,

So I have an idea that isn't really related to anything with tables or fanart or any of the other topics that have come up so far...hence the new topic.

So I was thinking: We have fabulous con shirts each year, we have fabulous "got soap?" shirts each year. Since the Alley is expanding so much each year (yay!), why not have an Artist Alley/Art Show con shirt?

If people like the idea, maybe the con can handle it like a sort of contest. Here's what I was thinking:

- Have the artists that have purchased Artist Alley tables/Art Show flats submit an image (like of the con mascots doing artsy-stuff or the like)
- Have the staff vote on their favorite, and have that be the image on the Art Show/Artist Alley shirts (maybe an additional prize could be a small discount on their tables/flats for that year).
- Heck, if we decided that the image should be designed in mono-tone or two-tone, then it could keep the costs for producing the t-shirts down, and therefore the price of the t-shirts down.
- Plus, any of the profits can go right back into expanding and improving the Show/Alley every year.

I know I'd buy one in a heartbeat - I've always been proud to be a part of the Artist Alley, and I would love to show my support for the Alley and Show for EVERYONE to see during the convention, and support the artists that make it possible by having their designs proudly worn all weekend.

Sooooo....thoughts?
~Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Sep 4 2008, 10:24 PM, said:

Hihi,

So I have an idea that isn't really related to anything with tables or fanart or any of the other topics that have come up so far...hence the new topic.

So I was thinking: We have fabulous con shirts each year, we have fabulous "got soap?" shirts each year. Since the Alley is expanding so much each year (yay!), why not have an Artist Alley/Art Show con shirt?

If people like the idea, maybe the con can handle it like a sort of contest. Here's what I was thinking:

- Have the artists that have purchased Artist Alley tables/Art Show flats submit an image (like of the con mascots doing artsy-stuff or the like)
- Have the staff vote on their favorite, and have that be the image on the Art Show/Artist Alley shirts (maybe an additional prize could be a small discount on their tables/flats for that year).
- Heck, if we decided that the image should be designed in mono-tone or two-tone, then it could keep the costs for producing the t-shirts down, and therefore the price of the t-shirts down.
- Plus, any of the profits can go right back into expanding and improving the Show/Alley every year.

I know I'd buy one in a heartbeat - I've always been proud to be a part of the Artist Alley, and I would love to show my support for the Alley and Show for EVERYONE to see during the convention, and support the artists that make it possible by having their designs proudly worn all weekend.

Sooooo....thoughts?
~Akane

I love this idea!! the only thing that might be an issue is if there would be the amount of purchases to brake even. Frankily I dont care about making the profit I want people to have fun.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:52 AM

I think it would be fun ^^
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

Very cool! There are a good number of companies that have low or no minimums, and decent per shirt prices. I'm sure we could shop around and find something acceptable. =)
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#5 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Sep 5 2008, 04:43 AM, said:

I love this idea!! the only thing that might be an issue is if there would be the amount of purchases to brake even. Frankily I dont care about making the profit I want people to have fun.

Yay! I'm glad people like the idea! Tell you what - with a little bit of research I bet we could make this happen for really cheap.

Votaire, could you possibly find out who the con uses for the "Got Soap" and other convention t-shirts and find out what the rate is for those? In the meantime, I'll hunt around and see what I can find...in fact, I know that the place my Theatre Troupe uses is very inexpensive, so I'll see what rates they have as well as a few other places.

Does that sound good?

Smiles,
Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Sep 6 2008, 08:04 PM, said:

Yay! I'm glad people like the idea! Tell you what - with a little bit of research I bet we could make this happen for really cheap.

Votaire, could you possibly find out who the con uses for the "Got Soap" and other convention t-shirts and find out what the rate is for those? In the meantime, I'll hunt around and see what I can find...in fact, I know that the place my Theatre Troupe uses is very inexpensive, so I'll see what rates they have as well as a few other places.

Does that sound good?

Smiles,
Akane

I will check it out, but I can not guarantee a fast response. :( Due to the legal information and other things. You have my word I will get facts/info.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#7 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Sep 7 2008, 04:23 AM, said:

I will check it out, but I can not guarantee a fast response. :( Due to the legal information and other things. You have my word I will get facts/info.

Oh of course! Plus, there's some time before stuff like that needs to be found out. I'll do the research on my end and post when I've got it. But no worries - obviously whenever you get the info is totally cool!

Yay! Thank you!

#8 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2008 - 02:11 AM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Sep 6 2008, 11:19 PM, said:

Oh of course! Plus, there's some time before stuff like that needs to be found out. I'll do the research on my end and post when I've got it. But no worries - obviously whenever you get the info is totally cool!

Yay! Thank you!

Well I wanted to keep you guys in the loop. I have not forgotten this topic/idea. I am still working on it.
And to see numbers I put a poll up.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users