• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Cosplay

#1 User is offline   i am cosplay 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 19322

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

i need help theres a big anime cosplay festibal coming up and i dont know who would be the easiest anime character to dress up as ill post up a pic can youse tell me

check my profile for the pic :excl:

plz i need this help so badly :unsure:

This post has been edited by i am cosplay: 29 August 2008 - 05:58 AM

#2 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

Easiest?

L from Death Note, hands down. It's blue jeans and a long-sleeve white t-shirt, and some skillfully applied eyeliner. If you don't have a long-sleeve white t-shirt, you can score one at the nearest Walgreens or Wal-mart. You don't have to make anything at all.

The most difficult thing to find would be the wig, and you can even get that from Amphigory. I'd try either the Matilda or the Piper, both in black. Since you're in Australia and you didn't say when your festival was being held, I'm not sure if they ship to you or if you'll get it in time, but there are similar wigs on sites like Cosworx.

I see you have him as your avatar, so you must know something about him. Since the costume itself is so easy, you will have to do your best to be in character.

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 29 August 2008 - 06:43 AM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#3 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:06 AM

Umm well since your 13 I imagine that you dont have a job, so I dont know how much your lack of money is.

Ok. Again, as I have said before to many many people, you must choose what you like first. Since you are looking for an 'easy' cosplay there is basically no such thing as a basic 'easy' cosplay. It depends on what your skills are and what you can do. I assume your not going to make this so your looking for an easy way out. As this_chick said, go with L, but BEWARE. If you go with that, make sure it looks damn good because no one will see you amongst the sea of L's.

I can't really give you any ideas because I dont know what series you like or anything like that. COSPLAY IS NOT ABOUT JUST DRESSING UP. I hate it when people say 'cosplay is JUST like halloween' because its not. Its more broad then that. You need to fully embody the character and that is what makes a great cosplay.

Easiest thing to do: Find a character you like/know, make a list, and then look at their costumes. Whichever you think would be the easiest, post your list on here and THEN we can help with making or buying the costume.

-Cheerio
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#4 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

^ Sa-chan made quite a few good points. Cosplay is NOT Halloween. A big part of cosplay is "play". You are essentially becoming your character.

Anyone can wear a costume, but when you really play the part well, you will shine in a sea of people no matter how many people are wearing the same costume as you. It's best to cosplay a character you know and love than to wear a cosplay because "it's easy" or "it looks cool".

This post has been edited by this_chick25: 29 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#5 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

LoL, a character from Naruto... or definitely L from DeathNote.
=)
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users