Mushishi Anyone?

#1 User is offline   fatsoko 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9924

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:18 PM

Mushishi

I didn't see a thread for this anime yet.

I really loved Mushishi so I really want to cosplay as Ginko. I've been trying to find online things first and then working from there but it's been hard so I'll probably make everything from scratch minus the contacts.

I have this crazy idea of creating Mushi crawling around me with wires (or on me) but I have a feeling that I may regret it. We'll see how it goes. I ordered a white wig already and I'm waiting for it to come in so that I can evaluate what I need to cut.

Hopefully I can convince one of my siblings to cosplay with me as a cast from Mushishi. I think my little brother may go so the perfect role for him would to be the boy with the hand of God.

At first I hesitated to do this cosplay because it's really easy to fail because it's so simple. Ginko wears a white t-shirt/polo/long sleeve/3/4 sleeve with dull dark pants and a green jacket/overcoat/knee length. There are different variations.

The carpentry of the wood cabinet he carries--I'd like to simplify. Though it would be awesome to create all of those drawers--I just don't have those skills. But stapling thin wood panels I could live with.

Anyone thinking of Mushishi?

#2 User is offline   shoopyzz 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17299

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:21 PM

ooh i've never seen someone trying to cosplay Mushishi! so glad to find you! i have chaaaance to go as Nui, but.. i will have to see :P

#3 User is offline   LittleJezzie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17165

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:38 AM

oooh sounds cool. I'd love to see mushishi cosplayers. The idea of little mushi flying around you is pretty cool if you can pull it off. Best of luck to you!
Ooops.

#4 User is offline   IAmTheMurderer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19131

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

You've /so/ got to tell me when you'll be wearing Ginko! One of the girls coming with me introduced me to Mushishi last year and I loved the series, so I know we'll definitely want some pictures! :)

I wish we had room in our groups for this year to do more of the cast! :(

This post has been edited by IAmTheMurderer: 24 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

"It could be worse. There could be zombies."

Cosplays
New Carly Nagisa - Yugioh 5Ds
Old: Enma Ai - Jigoku Shoujo | Yako Katsuragi - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro | Haruhi Fujioka - Ouran High School Host Club | Maya Fey - Phoenix Wright | Kafuka Fura - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei | Fumika - Shigofumi | Shizuka - Strongest Legend Kurosawa

#5 User is offline   nukiuchi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9995

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

My hubby cosplayed last year as Ginko. The only one who recognized him and asked for a picture was Yasuhiro Nightow, LOL. The cool thing about that was that every time we ran into him, he always recognized us right away and said hi.

So have fun with your cosplay. :) Good luck making the mushi!
(O_o) nukiuchi + kai (^_^)

俺を誰とが思ってやがる~?!

#6 User is offline   IAmTheMurderer 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:29 AM

View Postnukiuchi, on Sep 24 2008, 12:12 PM, said:

My hubby cosplayed last year as Ginko. The only one who recognized him and asked for a picture was Yasuhiro Nightow, LOL. The cool thing about that was that every time we ran into him, he always recognized us right away and said hi.

So have fun with your cosplay. :) Good luck making the mushi!

ARGH, how did I miss this one! T_T

Cosplays
Old: Enma Ai - Jigoku Shoujo | Yako Katsuragi - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro | Haruhi Fujioka - Ouran High School Host Club | Maya Fey - Phoenix Wright | Kafuka Fura - Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei | Fumika - Shigofumi | Shizuka - Strongest Legend Kurosawa

#7 User is offline   nukiuchi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9995

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:02 PM

View PostIAmTheMurderer, on Sep 24 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

ARGH, how did I miss this one! T_T

LOL cuz it's pretty much a plain-clothes cosplay. I mean, he got it spot on, with the outfit to a T and white wig and even one green contact lens. I think he even had a little rolled up piece of paper like he's smokin Ginko's joint. :D Then the joint eventually got soggy and he had to spit it out, hahah.

I was thinkin of cosplaying Nui that year, too. Dude, NOW all the Mushishi fans come out of hiding!
(O_o) nukiuchi + kai (^_^)

俺を誰とが思ってやがる~?!

#8 User is offline   IAmTheMurderer 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

View Postnukiuchi, on Sep 24 2008, 06:02 PM, said:

LOL cuz it's pretty much a plain-clothes cosplay. I mean, he got it spot on, with the outfit to a T and white wig and even one green contact lens. I think he even had a little rolled up piece of paper like he's smokin Ginko's joint. :D Then the joint eventually got soggy and he had to spit it out, hahah.

I was thinkin of cosplaying Nui that year, too. Dude, NOW all the Mushishi fans come out of hiding!

I've been wanting to do Tanyu, the girl who writes all of the Mushishi stories down and keeps that big library of them. :)

Cosplays

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users