• This topic is locked

Doujinshi Central Want a chance to get a free table? look inside

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

The Theme is in. Check below for the Rules and such. :)
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:36 AM

Magical Girl! Magical Girl! XD

Honestly though, I don't know much about Doujinshi Central ^^* I didn't look into it for this year, so I don't know the specifics of it... o.o I know that people submit their own comics, but are they mostly original stuff? Or are they fan comics? If its mostly original works, maybe have a category of fan comics? Ooo or how about parody? Parody is always fun... :D
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Doujinshi Central 2009

What is Doujinshi? It's a fan drawn and published manga; something we at ACEN are putting together with help from interested artists all around. Better yet we are also running our little Doujinshi as a contest, with excellent prizes on the line, but you should certainly hurry since you only have till February 15th at 11:59 PM CST.

So what are we looking for?

Well there are three main categories:

1. Cover/Splash pages. Covers are simply that, the cover page, Splash pages are full page pieces, consisting of little to no dialogue and any number of subjects: action, characters or whatever, Go crazy.

2. One page pieces, either 3 or 4 panels. A simple comic strip.

3. Extended page comics, no more than 5 pages in length. A simple narrative tale told in the format of your choice, paneled and illustrated.

The Rules.

All pieces entered in this contest must meet certain requirements:

1. Theme; all pieces must fit this year’s Doujinshi theme: Create pieces portraying our mascots Jaye, Elle, and Kit (oh poor Kit) with the fashion of a Magic Girl Manga/Anime theme.

2. NO hentai, yaoi, or yuri. No excessive violence or vulgar language. We are a family friendly convention; nothing exceeding pg-13 in nature will be accepted.

3. Cover and Splash pages must be based on ACEN's mascots: Jaye, Elle, and Kit

4. 3 to 4 panel page entries must not exceed one page and will be black and white.

5. You may only submit 5 pages. You can choose any combination of entries, five covers, one cover and four 3 or 4 panel pages, two 3 or 4 panel pages and a
three page comic, ect.

6. All entries must be received/sent by 11:59 PM on the deadline date of February 15th. All entries must be sent to artists@acen.org in jpg or pdf formatting. Please make "Doujinshi Central" the subject of your email.

Judging.

Grand Prize Winner: Best of show will be chosen from any category. It will be the one piece that stands out as having the best art, or best storyline, and as being the best representation of this year’s theme.

1st place winner: : this piece will be selected from one of the categories, Cover/Splash Pages, 3 and 4 panel pages, and Extended page comics. This piece will be chosen based on the quality of the art, and/or storyline, and how well they represent this year’s theme.

2nd place winner: this piece will be selected from one of the categories, Cover/Splash Pages, 3 and 4 panel pages, and Extended page comics. This piece will be chosen based on the quality of the art, and/or storyline, and how well they represent this year’s theme.

3rd place winner: : this piece will be selected from one of the categories, Cover/Splash Pages, 3 and 4 panel pages, and Extended page comics. This piece will be chosen based on the quality of the art, and/or storyline, and how well they represent this year’s theme.

Runners-up: Depending on how many entries are received, a large amount of entries that best fit this year’s theme will be selected.

Prizes

Grand Prize: Winner will receive a table in this year’s Artist Alley for free! This will be the only table left. (If winner already has a table they can be compensated at con, or if they do not wish to be in Artist Alley they will void their prize)

1st place winner: TBA

2nd place winner: TBA

3rd place winner: TBA

Runners-up: All runners up will be printed in the official ACEN 2009 Doujinshi.

To claim all prizes winners must be present at ACEN 2009

Best of luck! We are looking forward to your entries!

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Just contact us at artists@acen.org

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   EtoileEyes 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 1058

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:14 PM

I'm very interested in doing this year. I'm not sure what theme would be best. I'd like any of them really. Mecha is always fun and so is TV/Movies... hmm it's the 12th Acen.. 12 months in a year.. the zodiac (western & eastern), a dozen, a dozen dozen, a gross..well too much math speak I'm sure... maybe I'll think of something better along those lines. It'd be neat to do something with the number though. I'll keep thinking.

Also, Is there any way to purchase the past year's doujin? I never got a chance to go get one this past year.

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

View PostEtoileEyes, on Sep 3 2008, 02:14 PM, said:

I'm very interested in doing this year. I'm not sure what theme would be best. I'd like any of them really. Mecha is always fun and so is TV/Movies... hmm it's the 12th Acen.. 12 months in a year.. the zodiac (western & eastern), a dozen, a dozen dozen, a gross..well too much math speak I'm sure... maybe I'll think of something better along those lines. It'd be neat to do something with the number though. I'll keep thinking.

Also, Is there any way to purchase the past year's doujin? I never got a chance to go get one this past year.

I will try and find the past year's doujinshi, for you. I can't make any promises though.

#6 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

View PostLezzy-cat, on Aug 27 2008, 12:36 PM, said:

Magical Girl! Magical Girl! XD

Honestly though, I don't know much about Doujinshi Central ^^* I didn't look into it for this year, so I don't know the specifics of it... o.o I know that people submit their own comics, but are they mostly original stuff? Or are they fan comics? If its mostly original works, maybe have a category of fan comics? Ooo or how about parody? Parody is always fun... :D

I wholeheartedly second the enthusiastic vote for MAGICAL GIRL. :D
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKulié in the artist alley!

#7 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

*Waves* Magical girl! Cheesy goodness I say! :P
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#8 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

Ok from what you all have voiced about and the pms that I have got, I present you with the Theme:

Theme; all pieces must fit this yearís Doujinshi theme: Create pieces portraying our mascots Jaye, Elle, and Kit (oh poor Kit) with the fashion of a Magic Girl Manga/Anime theme.

I hope you All enjoy it, I can not wait to see what you all do with it. :)

#9 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:55 AM

Whooo!!! Magical Girl FTW!!! XD

Two quick questions.. Do you have any sort of a deadline set yet (or a rough idea of a time frame)? And once we have them done, where do we send them? ;)
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#10 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:18 PM

View PostLezzy-cat, on Sep 5 2008, 05:55 AM, said:

Whooo!!! Magical Girl FTW!!! XD

Two quick questions.. Do you have any sort of a deadline set yet (or a rough idea of a time frame)? And once we have them done, where do we send them? ;)

There is an official deadline set in place February 15th at 11:59 PM CST.

All entries must be received/sent by 11:59 PM on the deadline date of February 15th.

All entries must be sent to artists@acen.org in jpg or pdf formatting. Please make "Doujinshi Central" the subject of your email.

More info will be posted on the Website soon. Rules and what not.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users