Anime Central Forums: Department Descriptions - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Department Descriptions Interested in being staff? Here's what our departments do:

#31 User is offline   Subarashii-san 

• Registration Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 4830

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

All right, will do...thank you! ^_^
"Harm no one's internal, invisible integrities. Leave others the privacies of their minds and lives. ...what is will set you free."

~Surak

#32 User is offline   truly tree 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 30114

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

id love to help setup and teardown

#33 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

We honestly need all the help we can get for both. They take a lot of time, and the more hands the better really.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#34 User is offline   Kahlia 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 35980

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

I am interested in working in the cosplay or video game department. Where do i send an application?

#35 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

View PostKahlia, on Aug 9 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

I am interested in working in the cosplay or video game department. Where do i send an application?

For Video Gaming, the DH is Kane and you can send the department an email at videogaming@acen.org.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#36 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Exhibit Hall / Artist Alley / Art Show still has staff openings. :thumbup:
Check out our Hiring requirements at this topic; http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=32679
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#37 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:21 PM

What is the current staffing situation of Logistics, my degree is basically in it so it kinda makes sense to see if they need help.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#38 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1559

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

View Postjsieczkar, on Sep 4 2009, 03:21 AM, said:

What is the current staffing situation of Logistics, my degree is basically in it so it kinda makes sense to see if they need help.

Arthur is in charge of operations and he's taking applications for that dept. I believe. You can email him at opsec@acen.org . Put Logistics in the title.
This is my signature. It is only one line.

#39 User is offline   Maria-san 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15681

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

i am currently Reg. staff and am looking to possibly see if i can switch to Guest relations. i filled out the form after last years con specifying my interest in the Geust Relations Dept. What would be the best way to apporach things? Thanks!

#40 User is offline   Bharune 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 38358

Posted 13 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hello! I'm interested in applying for a staffing position, but I need something entry level because I don't have a lot of useful prior experience. I'm flexible and a quick learner, though, so I can do just about anything needed.

I've already been considering EH and IRT, but...I'm also interested in Acen Kids. Is there somewhere I can go or someone I can talk to who has more information about the department?

Thanks~!
Bear

#41 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

View PostBharune, on Sep 13 2009, 10:56 AM, said:

Hello! I'm interested in applying for a staffing position, but I need something entry level because I don't have a lot of useful prior experience. I'm flexible and a quick learner, though, so I can do just about anything needed.

I've already been considering EH and IRT, but...I'm also interested in Acen Kids. Is there somewhere I can go or someone I can talk to who has more information about the department?

Thanks~!
Bear

The main site here: http://www.acen.org/node/33, has the descriptions for the departments; and this page here also has some info for EH http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=32679
This one here: http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=31485 has some IRT contact information and here is the list of e-mails from the main site for con: http://www.acen.org/contact-us.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#42 User is offline   Bharune 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 38358

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

View Postakaikurama, on Sep 13 2009, 01:59 PM, said:

The main site here: http://www.acen.org/node/33, has the descriptions for the departments; and this page here also has some info for EH http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=32679
This one here: http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=31485 has some IRT contact information and here is the list of e-mails from the main site for con: http://www.acen.org/contact-us.

Yeah, I've read over the forum pages for IRT and EH. I'll check out the other links you posted to see if I can glean the information I'm looking for, thanks a lot for your help. ^^

#43 User is offline   Hikari189 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3666

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

If you want to know more about EHall PM me and I'll do my best to answer any questions. :D
Video Gaming Staff 2012ADH of Exhibit Hall 2010-11Exhibit Hall staff 2009

#44 User is offline   tsukijin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19674

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:58 AM

View Postsisterdiscord, on Aug 26 2008, 12:28 PM, said:

Setup/Teardown Crew!

This is not a department, but for those of you who are interested in volunteering to cover the cost of your badge, but don't want to miss a minute of anime-goodies during the convention, there's another option:

• Do you like stylish TRAFFIC SIGN YELLOW volunteer shirts?
  • Are you good at putting things together while keeping all your fingers and toes intact?
  • Can you follow directions without biting Gendo?
  • Do you know where to GET SOAP?
  • Is creative use of Gaffer's tape a line item on your resume?
  • Can you push a dolly full of t-shirts across a public street with the help of two other dedicated volunteers and not impede traffic?
  • Do you have experience setting up AV equipment, computer equipment, or game consoles?
  • Do you NEED to be involved with Anime Central next year?

We NEED you, too! Sign up for two 8-hour blocks, or four 4-hour blocks of time among Thursday, Friday pre-con, and Sunday post-con, and your badge is on us!

hell yeah, I can totally be down with this, and I do enjoy setting up av equipment/computers/game consoles... and who doesn't like to push dollies across the street? ...so do I send a resume somewhere or something?

...also, who does the drawings of the ACEN characters shown on the books and badges? I'd like to throw my artistic talent into the fold. [not to say that the previous drawings were bad, but they definitely needed more polish]

#45 User is offline   Aya13 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18976

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

are there still any positions open for staff for the convention?

#46 User is offline   Hikari189 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3666

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

View PostAya13, on Sep 20 2009, 05:45 PM, said:

are there still any positions open for staff for the convention?

The Exhibit Hall/Artist Alley/Art Show still has spots open. You can follow this link for the application and a brief overview of things and feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. :D
Video Gaming Staff 2012ADH of Exhibit Hall 2010-11Exhibit Hall staff 2009

#47 User is offline   MishaB 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17419

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:08 AM

Has anyone been in contact with the VG DH? I was talking to Chris about switching over to Video Gaming from EH about a month ago. He emailed me about setting up an interview time. I emailed him back twice but I haven't heard back from him since last month on the 10th.
COSPLAY ACen 2013

Fri/Sat/Sun: Oerba Yun Fang
Percentage done: 0%

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

#48 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

View PostHikari189, on Sep 20 2009, 05:55 PM, said:

The Exhibit Hall/Artist Alley/Art Show still has spots open. You can follow this link for the application and a brief overview of things and feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. :D

Yessss! Join us! Joooooiiinnn us! (We arent a cult, not at all ;) )
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#49 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

View PostMishaB, on Oct 8 2009, 05:08 AM, said:

Has anyone been in contact with the VG DH? I was talking to Chris about switching over to Video Gaming from EH about a month ago. He emailed me about setting up an interview time. I emailed him back twice but I haven't heard back from him since last month on the 10th.

His name on the forums is Kane. I know he checks here often, I spoke to him around Reactor on the froums. PM him here if not I'll see if I can find someone to do a check on him to make sure he's still alive and well <3

Also if you do get the change to VG PM and I'll change your staff title.

#50 User is offline   MishaB 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17419

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:15 PM

Ok, I'll try sending him a PM. Thanks Lenne
COSPLAY ACen 2013

Fri/Sat/Sun: Oerba Yun Fang
Percentage done: 0%

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

#51 User is offline   Lawbunnie007 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 38527

Post icon  Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

I am interested in the following: Guest Relations & Cosplay

edit: It's best not to publish a lot of personal information on an open forum, so I've gone and removed it. http://www.acen.org/get-involved will take you to where you can submit information to be considered for staff. Let us know if you have any other questions. - Alkaren

#52 User is offline   Yuske_Inuyasha 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 326

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

I was just wondering, I'm trying to save money this year. Will any volunteers be put up in Hotel rooms? How does that work?

#53 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

View PostYuske_Inuyasha, on Feb 12 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

I was just wondering, I'm trying to save money this year. Will any volunteers be put up in Hotel rooms? How does that work?

Volunteers have to request lodging ahead of time and I think that has already passed but I am not sure. How it works is first, obviously, you have to be on staff. Second you need to send in your request if you need a room. The rooms are not private and you will be staying with other staffers so keep that in mind. So thats basically it. Would any other staffer like to extend on this?
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#54 User is offline   Yuske_Inuyasha 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 326

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:22 AM

View PostSka_Toranpetta, on Feb 13 2010, 05:13 AM, said:

Volunteers have to request lodging ahead of time and I think that has already passed but I am not sure. How it works is first, obviously, you have to be on staff. Second you need to send in your request if you need a room. The rooms are not private and you will be staying with other staffers so keep that in mind. So thats basically it. Would any other staffer like to extend on this?

Who or where do I ask to see if it's too late or not? I don't mind bunking with people.

#55 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostYuske_Inuyasha, on Feb 13 2010, 12:22 AM, said:

Who or where do I ask to see if it's too late or not? I don't mind bunking with people.

Looking back at my notes from the staff meetings, today is the deadline to submit housing requests, so unless you are already accepted on to staff, you're a bit late. First year staffers don't always get rooming, either, it all depends on your department and how many housing slots they have.

Oh and just to clarify, there's volunteers (we call 'em "gophers") and staff. The gophers do not get housing period. Since you said volunteers in your post I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of.

There might still be time to get on staff for this year, I believe there's a handful of openings yet. Your best bet is to email chiefofstaff @ acen . org and express your interest.

Hope that helps!!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#56 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

Gophers who works a certain number of hours get some crash space...which is really just a place to sleep and shower based on availability and such. But it's not a room itself, like staff members get (as there is a large difference in time required and responsibility between staff and gophers)
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#57 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

I actually am quite curious about the production department. Not for this year, but possibly for next year. How would I go about getting more information?
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#58 User is offline   kawaii_lolita02 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8241

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

Hello :3 who can I get in contact about for Production? Thank you!

-Ryan

#59 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

View Postkawaii_lolita02, on Mar 24 2010, 11:09 PM, said:

Hello :3 who can I get in contact about for Production? Thank you!

-Ryan

He is on the forums under the handle "Berry". Very nice, he doesn't bite. You can PM him :]

#60 User is offline   The Ghost of Acen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 29810

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

how early would one have to show up on thursday to volunteer and help set up? I'm interested in volunteering to set up, and I've had extensive experience in setting up equipment and basically being a roadie/techie. I'd like to know, so that I can see if I can make it to set up or not.
See me you may,
See me you not.
But see me you wont,
If you don't stalk my spot.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users