Anime Central Forums: Help Acen Gr With Guest Suggestions - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Help Acen Gr With Guest Suggestions

#1 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:34 AM

One thing that has been decided this year in speaking with the new head of Guest Relations was a need to have GR staff somewhat present on the forums so you guys know that some of your suggestions are being heard. So I will be checking the forums regularly and toss some of the suggestions to her to see what can be worked out. I may not be the most vocal person, but I will be popping in and lurking on this section to see what is happening.

It is great to see so much energy this early and there are some neat suggestions. Some ideas when suggesting a guest though:

1.) Give us some information on their work. It is hard to assume that we know everybody by name, as I, nor anybody else on staff is going to know every name by default. Instead of saying "so and so is cool" mention a couple roles, works, etc. It is hard to remember every actor or director for every show, but put a recognizable work to the name and suddenly we are far more likely to get it.

2.) Tell us why this person would be a cool guest. Again... hear a cool story from another convention? Do they have something new coming out/recently out that would be worth promoting. Hey, if they have never been to a con/never been to America, that certainly would make then an interesting choice for us to pursue.

3.) Yammering on about a guest and their work is good. It shows there is an interest. Just keep in mind basic etiquette such as bumping of topics or derailing them off topic. This is to discuss people that you guys would like to see as guests.

Keep in mind that while we cannot invite everybody that people request on the forums nor are the forums by any means an exclusive means of having guest recommendations, we do value your input and want to encourage discussion as it is incredibly helpful to us.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#2 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 24 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Hey guys!

As you can see we've cleaned up the GR forums a little bit. Please post suggestions in the respective forums, if you have questions about some of the information we want to hear in those suggest please post them in this thread, but don't post the actual suggestions in this thread.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#3 User is offline   gcar90 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17242

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

I would like to see someone representing Yu-gi-oh: the abridged Series at Acen09, If not LittleKuriboh himself at least Kroze. They can be contacted through this site. They are very popular, and really nice. I feel con-goers would really like to meet them, I know I would.http://www.yugiohthe...dgedseries.com/

This post has been edited by gcar90: 02 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

PokeDub
Like Pokemon?
Want to see how the fans dub the series?
PokeDub
I <3 IRT

#4 User is offline   FoolInCool 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17895

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

I have been going to acen for 3 years now and have noticed alot of invader zim fans and i was hooping maybe you guys could maybe get jhonen vasquez and have him come talk about zim and his comic, johnny the homicidal maniac. He's been appearing for years at comic con. so i was thinking why not acen.

a musical guest on the other hand that i have heard everyone going crazy about would be maximum the hormone. They do the opening and closing songs for death note season 2. they are a very popular band. i recently started a thread on the forums to see what bands people have wanted and they popped up alot. the thread itself is right here

This post has been edited by FoolInCool: 30 September 2008 - 04:58 PM

#5 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

One man....David Hayter, the voice of Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid games. Myself and tons of other people would love to meet him I'm fairly sure. I've heard he's a real down to earth guy as well, not snobbish in any way and is good with normal everyday folks.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#6 User is offline   ikki 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 19567

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

How sweet would it be to have Peter Cullen there! If you for some reason don't know who he is, he's the voice of the greastest robot ever! OPTOMIS PRIME! (that man changed
y life!)

#7 User is offline   Briefasa 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 15562

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Vic Mignogna (VA of Ed from FMA)
Last year was too much fun, but this year if he comes I'll be smart and come a few hours early to make sure I get his autograph before the line cuts off!

#8 User is offline   SookJun 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19584

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

Bryan Lee O'Malley, who is the canadian comic artist behind the Scott Pilgrim series. He's been at a bunch of comic conventions in Canada and the US but have yet to go to an anime convention. His comics have an anime inspired art style. Volume five of his Scott Pilgrim series (Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe) is coming out in February and also there will be a movie based off Scott Pilgrim starring Micheal Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. His site is here, the Scott Pilgrim site is here, and his flickr is here. I've been a fan of his for a while and was going to go to Comic Con in New York just to meet him but i wouldn't mind meeting him in my hometown instead.

Sorry Fluffkins for posting a suggestion in this thread. I was redirected here after not knowing where to post non- voice actor/musical guest suggestion.

This post has been edited by SookJun: 09 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

#9 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:12 AM

I am still not amused with the lack of a place for requesting manga-ka, directors, etc.

And I would like to request Katsura Hoshino, the creator of D. Gray-man.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#10 User is offline   Kira Uchiha 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19623

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:38 PM

My Requests:
Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric in FMA and Fai in Tsubasa)
Travis Willingham (Voice of Roy Mustang in FMA)
Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto)
Tara Platt (Temari in Naruto)
Crispin Freedman (Itachi Uchiha and Ebisu in Naruto)
Kyle Hebert (Kiba Inuzuka in Naruto and Fallman in FMA)
Kira Uchiha

~ACEN 2009 Cosplays~
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Misty (Pokemon)
Anbu Kira Uchiha (Naruto)
Riza Hawkeye (Fullmetal Alchemist)

#11 User is offline   GamerChikX3 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 16856

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

David Hayter would be AWESOME!! :wub:
Crispin Freeman would be nice too though :D!
Tag name:GamerChikX3 ( PS3 and XBOX 360)

Axel FTW! Got it memorized?

#12 User is offline   TemariRoxMySox 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 16887

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:29 PM

View PostKira Uchiha, on Oct 13 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

My Requests:
Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric in FMA and Fai in Tsubasa)
Travis Willingham (Voice of Roy Mustang in FMA)
Yuri Lowenthal (Sasuke Uchiha in Naruto)
Tara Platt (Temari in Naruto)
Crispin Freedman (Itachi Uchiha and Ebisu in Naruto)
Kyle Hebert (Kiba Inuzuka in Naruto and Fallman in FMA)

I agree with every one of those. :wub:
I would also like to add:
Liam O'Brien (Gaara in Naruto, Lloyd in Code Geass, Sora Inoue in Bleach, etc)
Michael Lindsay (Kankuro in Naruto, Urahara in Bleach, etc)
Steve Blum (Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Orochimaru in Naruto, etc)
and also, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (She does a lot of Directing and does the voice of Kurenai on Naruto, the voice of Cornelia on Code Geass, etc.)
Acen 2011 almost here!

#13 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

Well, to be perfectly honest, though I'm always impressed by the big list of guests that make it to ACen, the one thing that always disappoints me is the lack of Japanese guests.
Yes, they are more expensive and it's harder to get them, but if you get well known ones, it's usually worth it.

And not to sound offensive or anything, but that's one thing that's always confused me about ACen. The con is ranked in the Top 10, and yet it rarely gets Japanese guests that are really recognizable. It seems like most of the Japanese guests that come to ACen, you'd have to be part of a little niche to know them. Cause when you have the ACen booklets, I read about each guests, and when I get to the Japanese guests, what's listed is usually something I doubt the usual con goer would recognize unless they were really into whatever the guest was involved with (and I do stress most of the time, I know you guys have gotten awesome Japanese guests, Shinichiro Watanabe, High and Mighty Color... and I'm sure more)

But what I'm trying to say is, it would be cool to get a well known Japanese voice actor or manga-ka. I'd, personally, think a voice actor would be easier, but what do I know right?

I know of a lot of Japanese voice actors, but just because I know them, doesn't mean everyone will. I think if you guys would want to try for them, I'd say we should make a poll of some easily recognizable Japanese voice actors and which ever one gets the most votes would be the one. I may start a thread like that, but I may do research first and see which ones are more popular and easily recognizable.

That little tidbit being said, English guests I'd love to meet-
Steve Blum(Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Leeron in Gurren Lagann)
Chris Patton(Sousuke in Full Metal Panic!, Fakir in Princess Tutu, Greed in FMA)
Yuri Lowenthal(Simon in Gurren Lagann, Sasuke in Naruto, Yuuri in Kyo Kara Maoh)
Michelle Ruff(Rukia in Bleach, Yoko in Gurren Lagann)
Bridget Hoffman(Momo in Bleach, Miaka in Fushigi Yuugi, Belldandy in Ah My Goddess, Nia in Gurren Lagann(timeskip) )

Okay, most of mine are Gurren Lagann inspired... lol, but that's what I'd like to see.
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#14 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:17 AM

I completely agree with CherryWolf. We're one of the top 10 biggest conventions in North America, yet we can't get any big name Japanese guests?

Also, a Japanese guest I'd kill to see would be Hidekaz Himaruya, creator of Axis Powers Hetalia. Wow, that negates my "big name" comment =/. But APH is amazing, and this is a man that I'd kill to meet. And he's apparently living in New York City, so he wouldn't be too extremely hard to get, I wouldn't think.

Other Japanese guests I'm interested in include:
-Katsura Hoshino (creator of D. Gray-man) <--pleasepleasepleasepleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase? She's SO amazing!
-Mahiro Maeda (Director of Gankutsuou)
-Yoshitoshi aBe (director/creator of Haibane Renmei)
-Kaori Yuki (creator of Godchild, Angel Sanctuary, Fairy Cube, etc)
-Tomo Takabayashi (original writer of the Kyo Kara Maoh novels)
-Bisco Hatori (creator of Ouran High School Host Club)
-Peach Pit (creators of Shugo Chara and many other popular manga titles)
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.

#15 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

Nasu Kinoko (creater of Fate/Stay Night, Kara no Kyoukai, ect.) Reason: god among men for his brilliant story telling
Some others but no one else would know thier work :(
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#16 User is offline   Rika-Chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2337

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:47 PM

View PostOhki, on Oct 27 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Also, a Japanese guest I'd kill to see would be Hidekaz Himaruya, creator of Axis Powers Hetalia. Wow, that negates my "big name" comment =/. But APH is amazing, and this is a man that I'd kill to meet. And he's apparently living in New York City, so he wouldn't be too extremely hard to get, I wouldn't think.

LOL YESSSSS. HETALIAAAA.

Oh, and I request Yuri Lowenthal since I've heard he pretty cool. I got his autograph from Otakon.. but I didn't actually go get the autograph myself, so I didn't meet him ;A;

#17 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

Did anyone else read the "not posting suggestions' in this thread part? :huh:
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#18 User is offline   kenkendazo  

• The Luckiest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19670

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

View PostSa-chan, on Oct 28 2008, 06:15 PM, said:

I try to make my own threads on who I want but this site refuses to let me. It just sends me to aa dead link. Can't post in the J-pop ect. spots.
Linlindesu is muh Waifu <3

The Roose is on the loose!

#19 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:29 PM

View PostSuigetsu, on Oct 28 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

I try to make my own threads on who I want but this site refuses to let me. It just sends me to aa dead link. Can't post in the J-pop ect. spots.

Hmm it lets me get on there.

Heres a link to it. http://www.acen.org/...hp?showforum=91 Hopefully that works. I just go to the main forums, click on guest relations, then the j-pop section. That certainly is odd that you cannot post on there. I know that the regular guest relations spot has been quarantined for lack of a better term.

Well try that out and if it doesnt work, hit up one of the mains here. :)
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#20 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

View PostSa-chan, on Oct 28 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

...Um...if there was a section for requesting non-VAs/musical guests, I wouldn't have requested in here D=
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.

#21 User is offline   Naruto Kun 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20346

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:02 AM

How about Masashi Kishimoto(Naruto Creator), Ken Akumatsu(Negima and Love Hina Creator), Natsuki Takaya(Fruits Basket Creator), and Tetsuya Nomura(Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts Creator) these are my suggestions for next years acen and it would be awsome to see them there ^_^

This post has been edited by Naruto Kun: 11 December 2008 - 02:03 AM

My New Youtube Account, My Facebook, My Gaia Page, My DeviantArt Page My Cosplay Page
My Nicknames: Naru-kun , Naru-Chan, Short Stuff

#22 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:17 AM

I would like to see Jhonen too. I love him for bringing us Invader Zim and JTHM. :3
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#23 User is offline   Emoon18 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 20497

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

Same, I agree with Cherry Wolf as well. I've noticed there isn't as much Japanese guests compared North American voice actors/artists. Don't get me wrong, they're all awesome, (and I was very happy to be able to meet Yasuhiro Nightow and Yuuko Minaguchi in 2007) but after all, anime did come from Japan/Asia.

I've already posted up my suggestions on their respective forums, but there should also be a sub-forums on artists and directors/producers as well. I'm not entirely sure on where to post them, so I guess I'll post it here for now.

I'm not quite sure if it's possible but, Japanese manga artists I suggest are:

Matsuri Hino - Vampire Knight & MeruPuri

CLAMP - a group of female artists that did X/1999, Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, Angelic Layer, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, etc. (I know they're very well known, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask)

Aoi Nanase - Angel/Dust, and she did artwork for the game, Samurai Spirits/Showdown

Yu Watase - Ceres: Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yuugi, etc. (She's also pretty well known, but again, doesn't hurt to ask)

Kosuke Fujishima - Ah! My Goddess, You're Under Arrest, and did the designs for all of the popular Tales games (Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, & Tales of Vesperia). Again, he's pretty well known.

#24 User is offline   Musicismylife 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 22658

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

View PostBriefasa, on Oct 8 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

Vic Mignogna (VA of Ed from FMA)
Last year was too much fun, but this year if he comes I'll be smart and come a few hours early to make sure I get his autograph before the line cuts off!

Don't forget, Vic is the voice of Tamaki Sou, in the newly dubbed anime, Ouran High School Host Club. So many more people would come if Vic was there, now that they've heard more of his amazing voice acting skills! =] Plus, he's so much fun, & SUCH a nice guy :heart:

#25 User is offline   Maggie 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17880

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

I would love to see Miwa Ueda as a guest.

I personally adore her work on Peach Girl, it was the manga that really got me into drawing my own manga and comics. I had never read anything like it before, before that I had read Inu Yasha and watched Trigun and that was it.

She's incredibly talented, her art is amazing, her plots are twisted and sensational, it's better than any of the teen drama crap you see on TV.

I'm really into Papillon, which is a new series she's putting out.

Above all, I never got to learn much about Miwa because she didn't write much about herself in side bars in Peach Girl and Papillon and most websites and fansites are in Japanese or have little information on her.

I would probably never be able to wipe off my huge grin if I was able to get her autograph. And maybe a quick sketch of Kiley Okayasu from Peach Girl. I wouldn't even care if she didn't know a word of English. :D
ACEN 2009 Cosplay
- Amber Sweet from Repo: The Genetic Opera (Zydrate Anatomy)
Did not have time or energy to wear Light/L cosplay. Next time?

Previous Cosplays: Warrior Paine from Final Fantasy X-2, Chocolat Misu from Sorcerer Hunters and more. Gallery.

#26 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

What about getting some Internet Celebrities here as well. I'm more or less speaking of the like of Doug Walker (That guy with the Glasses) who's local (as in Oak Park, IL) or James Rolf (Angry Video Game Nerd) who's also fairly Local, I believe in Pitsburg. Is there any chance that such a section can be created, or for that matter where may we request posts for that?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#27 User is offline   Keito_Chan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9342

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

View PostSookJun, on Oct 9 2008, 09:10 PM, said:

Bryan Lee O'Malley, who is the canadian comic artist behind the Scott Pilgrim series. He's been at a bunch of comic conventions in Canada and the US but have yet to go to an anime convention. His comics have an anime inspired art style. Volume five of his Scott Pilgrim series (Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe) is coming out in February and also there will be a movie based off Scott Pilgrim starring Micheal Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead. His site is here, the Scott Pilgrim site is here, and his flickr is here. I've been a fan of his for a while and was going to go to Comic Con in New York just to meet him but i wouldn't mind meeting him in my hometown instead.

Sorry Fluffkins for posting a suggestion in this thread. I was redirected here after not knowing where to post non- voice actor/musical guest suggestion.

If Bryan Lee O'Malley came to Acen I would be so excited! I love his Scott Pilgrim series. And I'm going to the movie just cuz it's based of his stuff. *_*
Red hair, green eyes...I'll be your fan girl!
~.::Reno, Lavi, and Axel fangirl!::.~

#28 User is offline   greymagick711 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 51777

Post icon  Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

View Postgcar90, on Sep 2 2008, 01:31 PM, said:

I would like to see someone representing Yu-gi-oh: the abridged Series at Acen09, If not LittleKuriboh himself at least Kroze. They can be contacted through this site. They are very popular, and really nice. I feel con-goers would really like to meet them, I know I would.http://www.yugiohthe...dgedseries.com/

I totallyyy second this!

...and also Doug Walker would be interesting, too. I didn't know he was local. (Nostalgia Chick local as well?)

This post has been edited by greymagick711: 22 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

#29 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 387

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:38 AM

Love you guys/girls and all, but please use the domestic/overseas guest suggestion forums.

Thanks!!

#30 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

So then what is this thread for? Or is the thread not needed anymore now that we're so close to Acen?
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users