Anime Central Forums: Otaku Overstock Stop And Swap - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Otaku Overstock Stop And Swap Anybody have ideas of when/where we could maybe have it?

#1 User is offline   Mock-Kappa 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3036
  • Location:A branch of the Miskatonic University in Sugar Grove, IL.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

I'm just putting this out there.

For those who have been following either Krystal's or mine thread in programming suggestions about trying to get a brief Anime Swap meet going at Acen, it has hit some snages like when/where it could be held during the Convention, me not getting the paperwork through in time for 2008 , sercurity that would be need to cover such a thing, and that dealers would complain that its taking business away from them.
But it was brought up recently the possiblity of having an swapmeet of sorts during sometime other than Acen.

As it stands from one stand point we do have a name for such an event, Otaku Overstock Stop and Swap.
Also, we have some more or less ground rules for such an event if it went through.

1.Anything anime-related ( DVDs, VHS?, Manga. Books, Magazines, Toys, Posters/Wall Scrolls, electronics) can be traded as long as itís not Bootlegs, weapons, Food, and/or drinks.
2. Any adult materials must be covered and only shown to people that can legally view them.
3. You are responsible for your own stuff , so stay with it at all times. In fact, label it and/or keep it in a portable container.
4. All trades are final. To ensure that dvds work properly. Anime can be tested before final trade on a portable dvd player if one has brought one.
5. Trades are worked out between both parties.
6. No cash for items.

Plus, some of us already have listings up in the thread in chit-chat about trading.

So I guess the main question is does anyone have an idea where would be a good "hopefully free to use or low rent" area which wouldn't be hard or far for the majority of us to reach like say a community college campus, mall food court, public park, Forest preserve, comic book store, or parking lot that we could take over part of for a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday, while the weather is nice or once the weather is nice after the winter?
Heck, anyone have a suggestion of one of the already put together meet ups that something like this could be tacked on too, if it would be a problem?

Also, I'll mention again that I did start an Acen Group on Swaptree.com.
I don't walk to the beat of a different drummer, I have a whole band including bagpipes.
Undisputed King of the ACen Kaiju Fans. Eater of Spam.
General of the Men's Pocky Garrison
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'. " -Dave Barry-
Santa is watching you.
Con outlook for 2014: Karoshi-con 2014, C2E2, ACen 2014, Anime Midwest 2014 (staff), G-Fest XXI, and Con Alt Delete?(staff)
ACen Cosplay outlook 14: Gummy The Alligator (MLP), End of Days Santa,Professor Birch (Pokemon), Woodney ( Black Cat).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users