Anime Central Forums: Strawberry And Voice's Of Chaos Bday Meet Up - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Strawberry And Voice's Of Chaos Bday Meet Up come celebrate with us. :)

#61 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Aug 27 2008, 02:04 PM, said:

just a lil update for you guys. i know Aug is like gone at the point and sept starts up next week. I'm still really trying to afford this damn permit. I am asking for a bit of help with the planning of this since i have my hands kinda full at the moment, If you would like to volunteer for this, Pleaz let me know. I want to make sure we have everything we need for this plus the permit before Oct.

Pweaz guys? i reelly needs teh help!!! :(

I'm gonna suggest adding a list with stuff people are gonna be bringing or that may be a needed for the meet up to function to help give people hints for stuff to bring. For example if you need charchol or grills, (btw I have one that I can throw in my truck if we need more grilling space and fancy grilling utencils)
I can help with doing stuff once I get there.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#62 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Aug 28 2008, 08:43 PM, said:

O.o You haven't gotten it yet? I'm surprised the permit is up in the air. I can pay $15 through paypal if u have one.

well the permit is not that easy to obtain. I don't have all the money in the world and i can't afford the entire thing on my own. I'll have to see if i can re open my paypal account again. But isn't there a fee for sending money through that? that's what Xenida told me.

View Postakaikurama, on Aug 31 2008, 04:55 AM, said:

I'm gonna suggest adding a list with stuff people are gonna be bringing or that may be a needed for the meet up to function to help give people hints for stuff to bring. For example if you need charchol or grills, (btw I have one that I can throw in my truck if we need more grilling space and fancy grilling utencils)
I can help with doing stuff once I get there.

yea i've been actually trying to make up a list of different things i need help with. With mostly picnic organization and making sure we have everything we need for the whole meet up. so far i do have everyone bringing food. Just need to know if anyone can help with grilling. I don't need like 5 people to grill. at the most just 2, 3 people. If you can bring a grill that would be so awesome.
愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#63 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Sep 1 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

well the permit is not that easy to obtain. I don't have all the money in the world and i can't afford the entire thing on my own. I'll have to see if i can re open my paypal account again. But isn't there a fee for sending money through that? that's what Xenida told me.

Just in case, if anyone gets the permit before you do try to make a backup plan. I know paypal charges like $2-3 for transfer fee, but that's under the sender, not the reciever. I can pay you in person, I just don't know when is the next time I'll be seeing you. Good chance I can pay you during the Karaoke or Lelouch/C.C. Wedding meets. If not, I won't be able to pay you in person until Geek.kon?
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#64 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:04 PM

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Sep 1 2008, 10:29 AM, said:

Only if you have a premium seller's account. If you have just a regular verified account it costs nothing to transfer money. If you've got a premium account (which I do), it's like a 2% charge skimmed off what's sent to you (so like $2 out of $100 sent to me goes to Paypal..or something, I forget the exact numbers).

I'd send something but I really don't have any money at the moment, sorry! *pout* I hate being poor.
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#65 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

View PostKnitChick, on Sep 1 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

Only if you have a premium seller's account. If you have just a regular verified account it costs nothing to transfer money. If you've got a premium account (which I do), it's like a 2% charge skimmed off what's sent to you (so like $2 out of $100 sent to me goes to Paypal..or something, I forget the exact numbers).

I'd send something but I really don't have any money at the moment, sorry! *pout* I hate being poor.

thank you for explaning it to me hun. and soy too. Don't worry, i'll figure this out. right now i just have to either remake my account or find someone i highly trust with the money to transfer into they're account. If i can find someone like that, and i can trust them with this, then we'll be fine. The application is completed just need to get the money now.

i also need:

GRILLERS,

PICNIC ORGANIZERS,

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE EITHER ONE OF THESE FOR ME, LET ME KNOW OR PM ME. I REALLY DO NEED A BIT OF HELP WITH PLANNING THIS.

愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#66 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

I can organize picnic!
I am organizied and will pour my soul into whatever necessary! ^^
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#67 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10568

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

Slouty,

Thought I'd try and reserve the Brookfield Grove Online for you and VOC for your B-day. It's taken on Oct. 4th. Did You reserve it?

If Not. It is currently available the next weekend. If you would like me to snap that date up, let me know QUICKLY.

Else If you have another Grove in mind let me know and I'll check it's availability.

http://www.fpdcc.com/tier3.php?content_id=...picnic_permits2

This post has been edited by Y0sh1m1tsu: 03 September 2008 - 11:53 AM

#68 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:32 PM

View PostY0sh1m1tsu, on Sep 3 2008, 11:43 AM, said:

Slouty,

Thought I'd try and reserve the Brookfield Grove Online for you and VOC for your B-day. It's taken on Oct. 4th. Did You reserve it?

If Not. It is currently available the next weekend. If you would like me to snap that date up, let me know QUICKLY.

Else If you have another Grove in mind let me know and I'll check it's availability.

http://www.fpdcc.com/tier3.php?content_id=...picnic_permits2

*stressed out very much* i did send you a PM regarding that. I am becoming quite stressed with this whole thing. I have 2 people who are helping me with planning and it's not enough. Thank you for offering to help out with this hun. It does help me out so much.

*******EVENT UPDATE 9/03/2008*******

the location is going to be changed to a different grove. I'll have all the location info posted on here tonight so stay tuned for that. Everything will be reserved and finalized this evening so start getting ready for this. You have a month left. I'll be posting this around in quite a few places for those who don't check the forums enough.

Everyone make sure to thank Y0sh1m1tsu for helping out big time with this and he'll be providing photo shoots at the meet up with his new camera. :)

This post has been edited by SloutyStrawberry: 03 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#69 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:25 PM

Since this event was 1 month and 1 day away and the Grove was not yet reserved I thought I'd reserve one for SS and VOC's B-Day celebration.

I snagged McCormick Grove which is about 1/2 a mile from the Brookfield site (where the C^3 picnic was at).

http://www.fpdcc.com...ck_woods_pg.pdf

http://www.brainygeography.com/features/IL...rmickwoods.html

If you use the satellite view for the link above, you'll see the Brookfield grove is on the left side of the parking lot. So McCormick Grove is less than 5 minutes away from the original planned location.

Any questions? Let me know.

As for the financing, Any PayPal donations should be sent to this address:

jxfiler@aol.com

As SS mentioned I'll be getting a new camera for my B-day this month and I wouldn't mind giving it a thouough shakedown at this meet-up.

Enough for now. More as events warrant.

#70 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

View PostY0sh1m1tsu, on Sep 3 2008, 04:25 PM, said:

As SS mentioned I'll be getting a new camera for my B-day this month and I wouldn't mind giving it a thouough shakedown at this meet-up.

I wanna know what new camera it is... If it's a Nikon D3... I'll cry mudkips...
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#71 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:09 PM

I was worried that this would end up uberly far away, screwing me over.
But now it's 15 minutes from my house instead of 10.. so I'm still set! :D

Great job figuring all the stuff out guys. [thumbs up]

#72 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

New place noted and I will bringth my grillth.....
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#73 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Sep 3 2008, 05:50 PM, said:

I wanna know what new camera it is... If it's a Nikon D3... I'll cry mudkips...

Um. No. With twins on the way my wife would kill me.

Possibly the new D90 or a used D200. Still debating. Leaning towards the used D200 so I can change settings faster than the running thru the menus of my D50 and D80.

Are you going to be at this meet-up? We can cover more cosplays if you bring your D60.

#74 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

View PostY0sh1m1tsu, on Sep 3 2008, 06:13 PM, said:

Possibly the new D90 or a used D200. Still debating. Leaning towards the used D200 so I can change settings faster than the running thru the menus of my D50 and D80.

Are you going to be at this meet-up? We can cover more cosplays if you bring your D60.

BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! *SPARTA KICK!* D200!?? D90!! what the! *gotta check on the specs on those cams* The only difference I see for now is that the D90 is 2 more mega pixals than the D200....

Right now.. I'm on the iffy side of going... but if I do come.. it'll be after work...

#75 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

*looks at map* I'm still a bit confoozled... Where exactly is this McCormick woods? I know the grove we're usually at (in front of the British Home....what? That's how I remember where it is!), but I cannot for the life of me place this McCormick woods.

If it helps, I always come into Brookfield taking 1st Ave south, then the right fork that leads straight to the front of the zoo (then a little ways down 31st and onto a side street and that's where my grandmother lives :D ) Unless...is this grove off of the other leg of the fork and that's why I'm not picturing it?

...or I could just leave early, stop at my aunt & uncle's house and ask my uncle for directions ;)

Either way I'll still be there! Just hopefully won't get lost on the way!
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#76 User is offline   ichigothebankaifanatic 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19364

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:06 AM

umm i want to go but i need a ride... so can you help me get a ride or something?

#77 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on Sep 3 2008, 07:53 PM, said:

BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! *SPARTA KICK!* D200!?? D90!! what the! *gotta check on the specs on those cams* The only difference I see for now is that the D90 is 2 more mega pixals than the D200....

Right now.. I'm on the iffy side of going... but if I do come.. it'll be after work...

Take a gander at this : http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Common-Asse...SLR_Compare.pdf

The D90 has a lot of bells and whistles including a movie option, but the D300 has a CMOS sensor rather than CCD and a higher level AF system. Megapixels don't really impress me as My D50 still pumps out excellent photos at 6.1 MP. And without decent lenses, a new 12MP body will crank out 12MP photos of crap and blur.

I hope you can make it out, though. As of late it seems like the cosplayer to photographer ratio seems severely disproportionate. We need more good eyes behind the lenses!

#78 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

View Postichigothebankaifanatic, on Sep 4 2008, 07:06 AM, said:

umm i want to go but i need a ride... so can you help me get a ride or something?

People would need to know where you live for this to happen.
[just saying... I wouldn't help you cuz I can't drive and this place is right by my house anyway]

#79 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

View PostY0sh1m1tsu, on Sep 4 2008, 10:26 AM, said:

Take a gander at this : http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Common-Asse...SLR_Compare.pdf

The D90 has a lot of bells and whistles including a movie option, but the D300 has a CMOS sensor rather than CCD and a higher level AF system. Megapixels don't really impress me as My D50 still pumps out excellent photos at 6.1 MP. And without decent lenses, a new 12MP body will crank out 12MP photos of crap and blur.

I hope you can make it out, though. As of late it seems like the cosplayer to photographer ratio seems severely disproportionate. We need more good eyes behind the lenses!

I didn't fully check out the specs on those cams... I was about to say... just spend your money on lens (onless you already got the ones you want)... AND PHOTOSHOP the pics... That's what I've been doing with my recent shots like these..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/dd8e2131.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/74aa33d4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/4567363b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/fc0d639a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/465aefb3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/0f6211a8.jpg

I could go on.. but I don't wanna thread jack it.. LOL!

#80 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:14 PM

View Postichigothebankaifanatic, on Sep 4 2008, 06:06 AM, said:

we need to know where you live hun. don't publicly post it up here. Either PM me or Xenida and we'll see what we can do
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#81 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Sep 5 2008, 04:14 PM, said:

we need to know where you live hun. don't publicly post it up here. Either PM me or Xenida and we'll see what we can do

Amy, I already taken care of him... *look at your post above*....

edited.. oh wait... not sure yet, cause of work...... I thought it's the "C.c. And Lelouch's Wedding! [[meet-up]]" thread.... lol

#82 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:33 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Sep 5 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

Amy, I already taken care of him... *look at your post above*....

edited.. oh wait... not sure yet, cause of work...... I thought it's the "C.c. And Lelouch's Wedding! [[meet-up]]" thread.... lol

just let me know as soon as you can. you are more then welcome to attend. just pleaz make sure to bring food of some sort or at least some entertainment. I don't know how cool it will be by then so don't bring the super soaker. *even tho that would be awesome*
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#83 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2008 - 08:14 PM

i'm really hoping more people will come to this....:( not really getting too many responses.
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#84 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

You know that I will definetly come to this! And just think...Mary, George and Dani should be there...thats 3 more people! And I'm sure Kale is going to make it so add another person. And I know Jaxx never replies to meetup threads so he should be there too! Dont worry Strawberry my love! You and Chaos will have lots of people coming to this to celebrate with you guys and it will be amazing. Even in the event you dont have many people there, the ones that are there really do love you and would do anything to make your bday special.

#85 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:52 PM

As of late, I'm worried about the rain factor for the picnic. The weather that we're having lately has been on and off rain. I don't want a wet area picnic.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#86 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:14 AM

i'm sure the weather for it will be fine. just gotta think positively. It's still Sept. so anything could happen.

Thank you for the kind words sarah, i'm just getting a lil worried about this is all. Main thing i'm worried about is the weather factor for this right now. But everything should be fine.
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#87 User is offline   Sarah Lynn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19129

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

No worries hun. I'm coming no matter what. And I'll bring as much food as I can. Oh and what would you be wanting for your birthday?

I agree with Sarah completely.
Planned cons:
Geek.Kon '09
Youmacon '09
Ohayocon 2010

Upcoming cosplays:
Lady Ciel- Kuroshitsuji
Penelo- FFTA2

#88 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 09 September 2008 - 02:24 PM

Maybe someone could supply a qucik set-up tent? If anyone has one it can help in the event it does rain.

#89 User is offline   Y0sh1m1tsu 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:05 PM

View PostSarah, on Sep 9 2008, 03:24 PM, said:

Maybe someone could supply a qucik set-up tent? If anyone has one it can help in the event it does rain.

The Grove has a shelter similar to the ones at the SoyCon and C^3 picnic. If need be, I can supply a 10'X10' changing tent if requested.

#90 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:27 PM

I'm coming for sure too guys!
Cuz transportation is usually my problem but since this place is uber close to my house I'm basically set...

If for some reason we need shelter, I'll bring you all to my house. xD

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users