Anime Central Forums: Strawberry And Voice's Of Chaos Bday Meet Up - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Strawberry And Voice's Of Chaos Bday Meet Up come celebrate with us. :)

#1 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17354

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:45 PM

I know i did tell a few of you i wasn't going to post this up until next month but i might as well snag the spot before someone does. My birthday this year is on a tuesday and voices of chaos's is on the 11th so i've decided to host them both together into one awesome meet up. The location for this will take place in the McCormick Grove Park Area. If the location is too much of a problem, i can always change it later. For now, that's what i am sticking to. Now to go down the list of rules and info for this lovely lil meet up.

THE CONFIRMED DATE FOR THIS IS OCT 4TH, 2008 @ NOON!!!

McCormick Grove which is about 1/2 a mile from the Brookfield site (where the C^3 picnic was at).

http://www.fpdcc.com...ck_woods_pg.pdf

http://www.brainygeo...rmickwoods.html

If you use the satellite view for the link above, you'll see the Brookfield grove is on the left side of the parking lot. So McCormick Grove is less than 5 minutes away from the original planned location.

1. Food This will be a cook out meet up so pleaz remember to bring any kind of food. meat wise, i don't care. hot dogs, burgers, sausage's, whatever kind of meat you can bring or contribute. All i'm asking is that there is enough for everyone. I don't want people going hungry at this thing. Any kind of snack food is welcome. Cookies, cupcakes, fruit salad whatever you can create, pleaz bring it. again just make sure there is enough for everyone.

2. Cosplay It's not required but you are more then welcome to cosplay. Just remember, it will be a bit cooler in Oct i'm sure so make sure to dress warm and comfortable. We'll be outside for most of the day. I am also hoping to have a few people offer some photo shoots during the event so if your interested, Pleaz let me know and let me know if you will be available that day.

3. NO ALCOHOL!!! i know you guys won't bring it but i have to post it up. We will most likely have our younger cosplayer's attending this event so pleaz be respectful to them and to others around you. Do not bring any alcohol to this event. I don't want to have to deal with the very angry parents who place they're teen's in our hands so with all do respect do not attend my meet up drunk or semi drunk. I will not allow it and will remove you right on the spot. If anyone smokes, i am also asking you to pleaz take it to the parking lot.

4. Please Clean Up After Yourselves. This is a public park and we're prolly not going to be the only people there so i am asking you guys pleaz pick up any garbage or mess that you make. All of you are mature adults here. Lets not set a bad example for the younger ones. Pleaz clean up any trash or spills that you make.

5. Rides/Car Pooling Make sure you all have a way to get to the park if you are going. If anyone needs help getting there i will be providing the directions later on but pleaz make sure you have a ride there and back. I don't want anyone to be left behind. If you can't stay long, pleaz let me know so i can get you home on time and safely.

and finally.....

6. HAVE FUN!!!! The single most important rule of all is to just enjoy yourselves and have a blast. :)

i believe that cover's everything. Now if you have any questions about this. Ask me in this thread, Ask Xenida Or Voice's Of Chaos. And i hope to see you guys there. :)

This post has been edited by SloutyStrawberry: 04 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

愛情は なんてこわいもの
Next Upcoming Conventions For 2012 Coming Soon.....

Current Cosplays In Progress...

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

Battle suit Jill *Resident Evil 5*

#2 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

what day is the party and what time
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#3 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

View Postfiregirl26, on Aug 14 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

what day is the party and what time

the party is oct 4th which is a sat. Time wise, it'll start at around noon.
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#4 User is offline   Jaxx Sentinel 

• Fox King
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8322

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

yous knows i'm ins lol =3
Current costumes for 09
Spit.fire (airgear) =49% complete

#5 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

Holy crap, a meet up that's actually right by my house!
I'm so in.

Though as usual, even though this is by my house, I need to know exactly where these grounds are located due to my idiocy...
Let me know if you guys need any organizational help.
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#6 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

Just so everyone is aware, this is the location where the party will be at map and all. I'll work on getting the permit. that alone is going to cost 70 but don't fear because we'll have the permit before the event. :)

http://www.fpdcc.com...p?content_id=66
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#7 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

Wohoo! I'm excited! Please come and hang out with us as we party it up! Even if you don't know who I am, if you are a cool Otaku then you are welcomed to come party with us, I love meeting new people lol. I think we will have some fun games and stuff like that too. I got good ideas for stuff. Bring some music too.

Hope to see ya there!

This post has been edited by VoicesOfChaos: 14 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#8 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the map... I'll show it to my not navigationaly challenged brother and find out just how close it is.
Cuz I'd love to be able to walk.

As for the picnic permit: if you need any help paying for it I can contribute a bit... cuz that's pretty pricey in my opinion...

Edit: a bit over two miles.... depending on weather I might be gungho and walk to this... Also, I'd offer up my house for indoor fun if necessary.

This post has been edited by Jam-Kiske: 14 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

#9 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'll try to get the day off, but I doubt I can. TT.TT
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#10 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

very cool, i might be able to come as well. Sadly will not have any new cosplay but i might pull out my old Kingdom Hearts keyblades, and if you need any help i can try.
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#11 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:45 PM

i'll bring donuts
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#12 User is offline   Tatsuya Madoka 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10087

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

pssh, kevin now this will be where the c^3 picnic was, i don't want it to be a repeat of last time, if we hit barrington again, you will be walking
Banner was used for this post.

It's like I'm wearing...
NOTHING AT ALL
NOTHING AT ALL
NOTHING AT ALL

#13 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

I'll be bringing either two things.

1.) Spagetti w/ Groundbeef or hotdogs

or

2.) I'm bringing some steaks for you guys to grill. Maybe charcoal if you need more.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#14 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Aug 14 2008, 06:08 PM, said:

I'll be bringing either two things.

1.) Spagetti w/ Groundbeef or hotdogs

or

2.) I'm bringing some steaks for you guys to grill. Maybe charcoal if you need more.

bring steaks. this way we can cook some of xenida's followers. :D
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#15 User is offline   LADY SAKURA 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18295

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

so this is on my weekend to work T_T just like the C^3 meetup i had to work then but i came out for a few hours b4 work sincemy job isnt too far down but i have a chance to request it off assuming my job dont make me make it up my weekend off so ill for the most party ILL BE THERE ^_^
The Forum Seductress ^_~To be a Tekosexual you must first become one with the tentacles

Facebook Me
Check Art My Dev art page
AIM ME: dsbabygyrl2021

#16 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

weeee!!! i'm so happy with how many people are coming. I know this is going to be one of the best bday's i could ever have. Same for VoicesOfChaos. We're really excited about this.
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#17 User is offline   vash204 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18744

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

View Postfiregirl26, on Aug 14 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

i'll bring donuts

mmmmm donuts. i would love to come but i don't think i will be able to come or ask off from work. But i will try my best to come though.
LOVE AND PEACE

I had a great year with you all

Upcoming convention I am going to or try to go to:

Ohayocon

#18 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

You know I'm totally in on this! I'll definetly attend and bring massive amounts of pocky with me! (or not...depends on if I have the funds for it...if not I still bring food....cornbread muffins anyone?)

#19 User is offline   SloutyStrawberry 

• Forum Star
  • PipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

should i make the cake or would someone like to help me out with that? I do take requests. :D
愛情は なんてこわいもの

Suxi-x *El Supberbeasto

#20 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:36 PM

There is nothing better than homemade cake...but in the instance that it cant be done I recommend Costco's costume sheet cakes. Those suckers are huge and can feed a lot of people and are relatively inexspensive.

This post has been edited by Sarah: 14 August 2008 - 11:37 PM

#21 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:35 AM

*writes party down in datebook* Like I'd miss this!! :D I dunno what I'll be able to bring, it'll depend on the money situation at the time, but I'll be there for sure!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#22 User is offline   VoicesOfChaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8996

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:36 AM

View PostTatsuya Madoka, on Aug 14 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

pssh, kevin now this will be where the c^3 picnic was, i don't want it to be a repeat of last time, if we hit barrington again, you will be walking

Bah I'll be sure to get a more secure ride, I am not showing up late to my own birthday party LOL

View PostSloutyStrawberry, on Aug 14 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

weeee!!! i'm so happy with how many people are coming. I know this is going to be one of the best bday's i could ever have. Same for VoicesOfChaos. We're really excited about this.

Yes I really am! Been years since I've had a good birthday party and I'm someone who goes all crazy on their birthday! So please come if you can. Take off work so you don't miss the biggest party of the fall season! Wohoo!

Thanks again to everybody who has already confirmed!
Cosplays
Hidan (Naruto), Jio Freed (666 Satan), Geno (Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars), Kurtis (Disgaea), Chrona (Soul Eater), Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Roy (Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi), Dark Signer Jack Atlas (Yugioh 5D's), Billy Coen (Resident Evil Zero), Kiriha Aonuma (Digimon Xross Wars 7 Death Generals), Ryoga "Shark" Kamishiro (Yugioh Zexal).

Cosplay.com Gallery
Facebook
YouTube

#23 User is offline   Sarah Lynn 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19129

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:56 AM

I'm gonna try to make it and if I do I'll try to make a crapload of homemade cookies(request one those anyone?) But I'm so there if I can find a ride.*runs off to look for someone to drive me*
Planned cons:
Geek.Kon '09
Youmacon '09
Ohayocon 2010

Upcoming cosplays:
Lady Ciel- Kuroshitsuji
Penelo- FFTA2

#24 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

Come on adults, get off work!
It does make me terribly sad that work makes this stuff hard for a lot of you guys. T_T

I can't bake or cook for the life of me but I can probably convince my parents to buy something hugely economy sized from Sam's Club.
Any suggestions?

#25 User is offline   SupremeKai 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 58

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

I can also stop by my local Costco and pick something up, I can also bring a all in one game kit, It has things like bagmitten and things of that nature.
If you ever get lost in the forest, screw it build a house, now you have severely improved your predictimet

#26 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

I doubt I can get it off since I work at a grocery store, but if I can I'll bring buttermilk cake.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#27 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

View PostSupremeKai, on Aug 15 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

I can also stop by my local Costco and pick something up, I can also bring a all in one game kit, It has things like bagmitten and things of that nature.

I didn't think about that...I could always bring my cornhole set. Provided I can get the bags fixed...seems the fabric I got for the black bags is crummy and after one game it was splitting. Ugh. But the white bags are okay, and I think I have more canvas somewhere. *scribbles 'fix cornhole bean bags' on to-do list*
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#28 User is offline   Nichoals/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14840

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:20 AM

Of Course iam coming 2 this yeah .. plus its amy and voice of me lol jk (voice of chaos) b-day celebration. I most likely b cosplaying what iam cosplaying at youmacon ( not sora it might b 2 cold) and that might b Chaos (Xenosaga 3 costume) I am totally looking 4 ward 2 this ! Some 1 better bring cake lol iam serious lol jk Well i know this is gonna b very fun. well i hope every 1 can make it and yeah again this should b awsome.
Anime Central 2009 Cosplay ( I might b doing a skit if u want some 1 to help with or be in it a skit just ask me)
Fri: Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)-75 % done
Allen Walker ( Crowned Clown with black claw from D. Gray Man)- 100% done

Sat: Second Gear Luffy ( From One piece)- 50 % percent done
Death the kid ( From Soul Eater)-10 % done
Allen Walker ( Crowned Clown with black claw from D. Gray Man)- 100% done
Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)- 75% done

Sun :Death the kid ( From Soul Eater)- 10% done

Maybe If i find excact time of photoshoot : Brock ( pokemon season D&P) - 100% done

#29 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:00 AM

So I'll plan on comming and I'll bring some food stuff, just debating if I should bring meats or chips and dips......since it's in October nekomata's fur coat won't be so bad to wear.....Hey what about plates and napkins at stuff like that?
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#30 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

I'm going to see if I can find my mini bag of games. I remember it had a tug-o-war rope, spoon relay races with start and finish lines, kickball with bases, and a plastic ball & bat to play some baseball.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users