Karaoke Party At The Spot Wednesday August 20

#1 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Okay!

I won a free party at The Spot, which is a really cool bar on Broadway, near Montrose.

I've set it up for Wednesday August 20th, because Wednesdays are Karaoke nights :D and that's the last Wed I have free til Dec because I'm starting classes the following Wednesday.

Here's the info copied right from my email:

Awesome, Mary Jo! I have your party set up for Wednesday, August 20th. Any idea of the number of guests you expect? You can bring as many people as you want. For Real! (If you bring more than 20 guests you'll get a special present on your way out!)

Remember: Your reservation for The Spot 2B Party will allow you and your guests express entry and waived cover starting at 8pm ( but if you get there early, we'll still honor it) just for bringing in a non- perishable item for our food drive! A Complimentary Cocktail Reception featuring draft beer, wine and mixed drinks starts at 9pm and goes all the way to 10pm!

Plus there will be
Karaoke on 2 Floors!

I've attached an invite you can send out to your guests. They don't need to present it at the door. It's just a little courtesy we offer to make it easier for you to invite your friends.

Yes - The SPOT is 21 and over for these parties. Sorry about that.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything at all.

We have Valet! (Yeah, Valet!) It's $10 and if you're still partying with us after 1am we'll validate your parking so it's on us!

So basically all you have to do is bring in one non-perishable item (go get a cheapie can of veggies or something from the grocery store :) ), say you're my guest (Mary Jo Chrabasz...yeah horrid last name I know, it's pronounced 'cray-bis' but don't worry, I'm used to mispronounciation) and get free drinks for an hour plus karaoke! Weeee!

Oops...should put down their address shouldn't I? :)

The Spot
4437 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640
http://SpotChicago.com/

So who all is interested????

This post has been edited by KnitChick: 11 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#2 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

I don't know yet if I'll have the day off, but if I do I'll definitely be there.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#3 User is offline   DaphHime 

• Registration
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 303

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

ARGH! I'd love to go to this, but I start classes that Wednesday! D:

Sounds really awesome though. Have fun!
Acen Registration Staff 2010-???
Poss. cosplays: Marie (Soul Eater), Ukraine (Hetalia), Anri (DRRR!!), usual Gintama stuff.

Currently watching Soul Eater, Hetaila, Gintama, Durarara!!
Currently playing World of Warcraft (Sarhime/Syirens/Daphime (all Horde) @ Ravencrest if you want to look me up. :) )

Twitter//Facebook//Livejournal (friends only, but feel free to add!)

#4 Guest_Animepix_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:06 PM

same here college of dupage starts that day

#5 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

Okay! I'm on my way to The Spot! I hope to see some people there!!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#6 Guest_Animepix_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:55 AM

how did it go,i couldnt make it

#7 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

It was nice, just me and two other friends. Did a couple songs, the whole bar was more focused on watching the gold medal match of beach volleyball than the singing :) But it was still enjoyable!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users