• This topic is locked

Viz Bigs

#1 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

So Viz is issuing Rurouni Kenshin, Dragonball, and Dragon Ball Z in these new fangled Viz Big books. They contain 3 normal books in one big book for the price of 2. I saw in borders and was very impressed though one thing I though of. None of those 3 books total volumes are numerals of 3. Rurouni Kenshin has 28. DB has 16. and DBZ has 26. so it looks like the last books are getting shorted out of a book. Whats your take on these.
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#2 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

Viz is also doing the same thing for Hot Gimmick and Fushigi Yugi, which I may just pick these titles up (especially FY, being that I'm a big fan of Yuu Watase).

Personally, I think it's a great idea. It saves us a little money and gets us three volumes of the manga we want quicker, and I think it saves us a little bit of space on our shelves compared to buying the individual volumes of manga. Although I got to admit, the odd numbers is weird for the series they picked, and I'm curious to see how exactly they will figure that one out. Maybe they will include some extras at the end of the last volume, like they did at the end of Volume 6 of Absolute Boyfriend (for those that never read that volume, there were two bonus stories at the end).
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#3 User is offline   John Freeman 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 18837

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

Add Vagabond to the list.

The books are somewhat hard to find at a local book store and some of the comic shops near me don't carry Vagabond anymore, so I have been stuck on Vol. 5 for a while, so I am happy about this.
I believe in the Doctor.

"Captain America pulled off a No U in Civil War"
"No he di-Captain America pulled off a No U in Civil War...wow..."

YIM-dreadpirate96

#4 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:00 AM

Well I think these books are a good idea because they save you on bookshelf space also. Unless you have already bought the entire Kenshin series like I have :( . If they release other series that I haven't gotten a chance to buy yet like this I will get the big books because I'm running out of space on my three bookshelves.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#5 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

Well I think they are good and bad at the same time. I like the normal size mangas and I already have all of RK. ^_^ but the idea of saving a lil bit of money is great. I havent really looked into them, but if they were exactly like the original manga I would buy others. I just miss the pretty covers.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#6 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Plus the pages that were coloured in the original run in Shonen Jump or whatever are now in color in the Bigs! I remember for like chapter 2 of DBZ the black and white of the colour was REALLY bad. It was a mess and hard to read. <.< When i saw the Viz Big of chapter 2 it was all WOAH!
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users