Anime Central Forums: Avatar: The Last Airbender 2009 - Anime Central Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Avatar: The Last Airbender 2009 We're looking for people to join us!

#271 User is offline   NADAR 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 27562

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:24 AM

Today Tomorrow Sat Sun Mon 6-10 Day
Scattered T-storms Mostly Sunny Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Extended Forecast
High: 74
Low: 52 High: 76
Low: 53 High: 64
Low: 46 High: 59
Low: 45 High: 65
Low: 47

Get Alerts: Mobile Snowfall Alerts Weather Bulletins
PARTLY CLOUDY, 64 DEGREES.....LETS HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY OR BETTER....MAYBE AANG CAN MESS WITH THE CLOUDS.
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#272 User is offline   ByeByeBeautiful 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 25170

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:20 AM

Here's hoping the weather holds - see everybody Saturday!

#273 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24594

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

I have a quick question about the panel cosplay contest, hopefully this will get answered before I leave tonight. Is there a percentage rule for how much needs to be self made? For instance, I started my costume over winter break, but I ran out of time before classes started up again (and my dorm room is too small for a sewing machine DX ), so my mom finished it for me.
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)
I'm offering free shoots this year so send me a message if you're interested!

#274 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9882

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

View PostLuna_Riven, on May 7 2009, 11:17 AM, said:

I have a quick question about the panel cosplay contest, hopefully this will get answered before I leave tonight. Is there a percentage rule for how much needs to be self made? For instance, I started my costume over winter break, but I ran out of time before classes started up again (and my dorm room is too small for a sewing machine DX ), so my mom finished it for me.

This is not judged like a Masquerade :) The audience will chose what costume they like best by round of applause. Our panel will determine the crowd favorite (or favorites if there is a tie). So don't worry about how much of the costume you made. I know some players from past Avatar costume contests I have attended did not craft one stitch to create their cosplay, and still entered the competition.

The rules are simple: The costume MUST be from the series (No OCs). IF your costume was IN the series, you can enter it...even if you come dressed as the vase of flowers Zuko and Iroh hid in to travel to Bas Sing Se. ^_^

#275 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9571

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

View PostMaiWithBlackDaggers, on May 5 2009, 12:29 PM, said:

Always check reviews, comments, ratings, ect. Also always ALWAYS refresh the paypal page. Many scammers make pay pal pop ups that make it look like 'you pay here' and it's just a scam to get your information. (One of my fathers friends from high school invented pay pal [>.< sorry for the name dropping crap] and him and my dad ended up discussing this because of an identity theft issue he recently had.)
:< I'm sorry to hear about the costume. >_> You wouldn't happen to want to wear my extra Toph costume? I don't know if it would fit but the offer is there. I think I have the blind bandit cape as well :o

oH TRUST ME......HER PAGE IS CLEAN AS A WHISTLE.....SHE IS A POWER SELLER AT THAT. SHE HAS ONE NEGATIVE REVIEW WHICH SHE BLAMES THAT CUSTOMER BUT THE SITUATION IS SIMILIAR TO MINES.

I DOUBT IF I CAN GET INTO A TOPH COSPLAY......UNLESS IT SOUNDS LIKE "TUFF"
I STAND 6FT 6INCHES, SO I WILL PROBABLY RIP YOUR OUTFIT WITH MY ENORMOUS HEIGHT.....THANX ANYWAY.

ouch i doubt u'd fit the costume. as for her record, contact ebay personally and let them know of the situation, that her lack of proper communication has cost you an inconvenience and she has falsely advertised her product as 'on time'
All Acen attending costumes finished (Mai, Beach Mai, Party Mai, Ship Robe Mai)
Pending ideas: Abby (NCIS)
Future costumes: Shera (Cid's Wife) Yuffie
Pending creations:Sephiroth 2.0 (for shawn) Cid (again for Shawn)

#276 User is offline   Effin'Toph 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28857

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

Umm..I just checked the program guide and it says that the panel and the photo shoot are both at 3pm..is this true?! Or is the panel still at 3pm and the shoot at 4:30?

#277 User is offline   NADAR 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

OH wow......let me go get my guide out.
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#278 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

View PostNADAR, on May 8 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

OH wow......let me go get my guide out.

You can't be serious?! Okie, I'm sure the good people here gave us the right info, and there is a printing error.

#279 User is offline   NADAR 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Hey,

I've been looking through this guide, the both of them and noticed that a lot of things are mixed up. The panel is not in the slim brochure but on the seperate paper line-up. I've heard they print at the last minute so im sure there is no conflict tomorrow. See you all tomorrow!!!
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#280 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

I just want to remind everyone that for bad weather, the photo shoot will be in the "Dome".
http://img8.imagesha...domeroommap.png

This post has been edited by Avatar_Mom: 09 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

#281 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hey everyone! I had a lot of fun at the gathering and I hope everyone else did too! I'm uploading my pictures to photobucket now, does anyone else have their pictures up yet?
ACen 2013 Cosplays!
Vivi Nefertari (One Piece) Fionna (Adventure Time!) Bruce Banner (Avengers) Rebecca Chambers (RE) Kanaya if there's time (Homestuck)

#282 User is offline   NADAR 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

View PostLuna_Riven, on May 11 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

Hey everyone! I had a lot of fun at the gathering and I hope everyone else did too! I'm uploading my pictures to photobucket now, does anyone else have their pictures up yet?

Well, I have 150 something pics plus 1 or 2 vids to load. I guess photobucket is the spot to do it.
A TALL EARTHBENDER

#283 User is offline   Happydoom 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29873

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hey guys! Its Ty Lee (aka Sakurachan413). I decided to change my identity.

The photoshoot was great! I had a lot of fun! We had a great turn out and much love for Uncle and his marvelous tea party!

But I'm sorry to announce that I'm retiring my Ty Lee costume. I've worn it for three years already and I think thats my limit for cosplay. Besides I'm tired of getting my hair cut like this. *angrily clips back awkward chunky bangs*

If theres a shoot nest, I will make sure to attend and take lots of pictures. I love you guys and hope to see you all real soon!

AKA Sakurachan413
Cosplay for 2013
*Feferi Peixes (Human)- Homestuck
*Sollux Captor (Genderbent) - Homestuck
*Amy Pond (Pandorica Opens) - Doctor Who

#284 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

That was a cool panel. I was standing all the way in the back but that's fine.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#285 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:42 AM

View PostHappydoom, on May 11 2009, 09:36 PM, said:

Hey guys! Its Ty Lee (aka Sakurachan413). I decided to change my identity.

The photoshoot was great! I had a lot of fun! We had a great turn out and much love for Uncle and his marvelous tea party!

But I'm sorry to announce that I'm retiring my Ty Lee costume. I've worn it for three years already and I think thats my limit for cosplay. Besides I'm tired of getting my hair cut like this. *angrily clips back awkward chunky bangs*

If theres a shoot nest, I will make sure to attend and take lots of pictures. I love you guys and hope to see you all real soon!

Awww! You make such a good Ty Lee! I understand though :) Thanks for all your support.

Also, the panel was a success! Thank you all for coming and spreading the news. We had such a huge turn out. I feel so bad for those that were turned away or had to stand in the back. We hope to get a bigger room next year...and maybe even more time (omg...that would be SWEET!)

#286 User is offline   Luna_Riven 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

We got there a few minutes late because someone took too long getting dressed and there was already a waiting line outside. I had no idea that it was going to be that huge! Perhaps next year the panel should be in one of the main events rooms, haha.

I'm sorry to hear you're retiring Ty Lee. You're probably the most perfect one I've ever met, haha. But I can understand. There are times when I just want to hack half my hair off (you all saw how long it was, and yes, that was all my real hair. By the way, what patterns did you use to make your costume? Or was it all just guess work? I might be making a Ty Lee costume for a friend, so any advice you might have would be great! ^^

I finally got all my pictures up on photobucket. I'm afraid there aren't many since I was in half the shots and didn't have anyone to give my camera to (note to self, next time bring a camera sherpa). You might have to go back a few pages because some of the pictures got jumbled up.
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/Lun...20Central%2009/
ACen 2013 Cosplays!

#287 User is offline   TriaElf9 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 11011

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

View PostLuna_Riven, on May 12 2009, 10:35 AM, said:

By the way, what patterns did you use to make your costume? Or was it all just guess work? I might be making a Ty Lee costume for a friend, so any advice you might have would be great! ^^

(though this isn't directed at me, my Ty Lee costume was rather painless to make so I thought I'd pass it on)
Having done Ty lee and without patterns, and with cheepo cotton fabric, I can say that it's really easy. I didn't use patterns, I just checked sizing on shirts I already had. I would recommend modeling the pants after PJ bottoms so they're loose and comfortable. For the sticky-out collar thingy (descriptive, I know ^_^) I double layered it, sewing the pieces together with the good sides facing in, flipping it inside out. that causes the fabric weave to work against the other and make it stick out. I've worn my Ty lee costume for 4 cons, shipped the costume back and forth between CA and here and the collar is still sticking out.

http://triaelf9.devi...ostume-56471065

I also have the link to the shoe place that I got my shoes still.

#288 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

View PostTriaElf9, on May 12 2009, 12:26 PM, said:

(though this isn't directed at me, my Ty Lee costume was rather painless to make so I thought I'd pass it on)
Having done Ty lee and without patterns, and with cheepo cotton fabric, I can say that it's really easy. I didn't use patterns, I just checked sizing on shirts I already had. I would recommend modeling the pants after PJ bottoms so they're loose and comfortable. For the sticky-out collar thingy (descriptive, I know ^_^) I double layered it, sewing the pieces together with the good sides facing in, flipping it inside out. that causes the fabric weave to work against the other and make it stick out. I've worn my Ty lee costume for 4 cons, shipped the costume back and forth between CA and here and the collar is still sticking out.

http://triaelf9.devi...ostume-56471065

I also have the link to the shoe place that I got my shoes still.

Good advice for Ty Lee! Those shoes pulled the whole cosplay together!

I have started to upload photos to a flickr account, and already reached my max there. DOH! So I am opening another account on snapfish or photobucket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/avatar_mom_of...57618000079675/

But there is the link if you are looking for what I have uploaded so far. Tria, yours is not in there yet :( It was at the end of that list I tried to upload and got cut off for file size. grrr...

But I will have the new photo account linked on Avatarlegacy.com. pretty soon.

#289 User is offline   TriaElf9 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 11011

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

View PostAvatar_Mom, on May 13 2009, 09:55 AM, said:

Good advice for Ty Lee! Those shoes pulled the whole cosplay together!

I have started to upload photos to a flickr account, and already reached my max there. DOH! So I am opening another account on snapfish or photobucket.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/avatar_mom_of...57618000079675/

But there is the link if you are looking for what I have uploaded so far. Tria, yours is not in there yet :( It was at the end of that list I tried to upload and got cut off for file size. grrr...

But I will have the new photo account linked on Avatarlegacy.com. pretty soon.

*poses dramatically* oh nooooooo! :P kidding! upload it whenever you have free time ^___^ I have pictures from the panel, but I was in the back and had tons of heads in the way. however, I'd love to give them to you, if you'd like them ^_^

#290 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9571

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

All of my acen pictures will be posted on my facebook, but I'll be posting some of them on deviant art.

Thank you so much everyone for making this such an amazing anime convention!!! (Sorry to those who had to endure me being ooc at the rave :P ) I apologize for the rave group being such a jumbled mess, we got to the spot about 9.45 and they were mopping the floor. Then we had the joy of standing in line outside for 2 hours. (my party costume is not for warmth :( very cold) But getting to the rave was well worth it!
Many thanks to Iroh for the amazing tea party/ceremony! I have yet to forget how amazing that was! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
Thank you avatar mom for the awesome panel and the cosplay feature! I can't express how awesome that made me feel! *hugs* The photo's are amazing! I can't wait to see them all!!!
Thank you to anyone and everyone that took pictures!!!

As TyLee is, I am most likely retiring my Mai costume. (I no longer fit the character and for anyone that saw me at the rave noticed, I need someone more up beat.) I do plan on continuing with attending the avatar panels and photo shoots still though.
All Acen attending costumes finished (Mai, Beach Mai, Party Mai, Ship Robe Mai)
Pending ideas: Abby (NCIS)
Future costumes: Shera (Cid's Wife) Yuffie
Pending creations:Sephiroth 2.0 (for shawn) Cid (again for Shawn)

#291 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

View PostMaiWithBlackDaggers, on May 13 2009, 03:16 PM, said:

All of my acen pictures will be posted on my facebook, but I'll be posting some of them on deviant art.

Thank you so much everyone for making this such an amazing anime convention!!! (Sorry to those who had to endure me being ooc at the rave :P ) I apologize for the rave group being such a jumbled mess, we got to the spot about 9.45 and they were mopping the floor. Then we had the joy of standing in line outside for 2 hours. (my party costume is not for warmth :( very cold) But getting to the rave was well worth it!
Many thanks to Iroh for the amazing tea party/ceremony! I have yet to forget how amazing that was! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
Thank you avatar mom for the awesome panel and the cosplay feature! I can't express how awesome that made me feel! *hugs* The photo's are amazing! I can't wait to see them all!!!

As TyLee is, I am most likely retiring my Mai costume. (I no longer fit the character and for anyone that saw me at the rave noticed, I need someone more up beat.) I do plan on continuing with attending the avatar panels and photo shoots still though.

Glad you will be back next year ^_^ So sorry you will be retiring your cosplay :( But, I understand.

Here is the updated link for photos:

http://picasaweb.goo...imeCentral2009#

#292 User is offline   bloodrosevamp 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29127

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

I'll have all my pictures on facebook too! Look me up as Mai's friend.

Acen was so much fun! The panel was great! The photoshoot was fun! The tea party was awesome! And waiting in line for the rave was fricking cold! All together a wonderful acen!

#293 User is offline   ByeByeBeautiful 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 25170

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

*phew*

Well, - photos! I didn't get very many this year, but there's some cute tea part collages!
Pictures start here
My personal favorites are NADAR'S Jeong Jeong, and Mai and Ty Lee Chilling.

Thank You's

First off, ToTsolot, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for hosting that wonderful tea party! It was so nice to just sit down and chat. The tea was delicious, too! When are you going to set up your own tea shop? ^_^

Everyone who clapped for my costume at said panel. Thanks guys! You made hauling that Stupid Hat on a bus for six hours completely worth it!

NADAR for giving me some of my favorite pictures and bringing an Aang! He was adorable, I'm so excited you both made it to the shoot! That was a nail-biter!

Maiwithblackdaggers for hanging out fun and taking care of Katie/Ursa when we had to run off for our shoot. Much appreciated!
Oh, and also just for you - I found a Gundam Wing shoot and snagged a Trowa!

Luna_Riven and Jgo for talking me into Acen in the first place and being good little models. I hope you like the shots!

This post has been edited by ByeByeBeautiful: 14 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

#294 User is offline   TENIME_art 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18626

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

Hai Mai!! ^_^

I already told you at McDonald's on Sunday, but if you do this next year, I'm in for Aang... :D

#295 User is offline   ToTsolot 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4501

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

View PostMaiWithBlackDaggers, on May 13 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

It was more fun from me i think ^_^. I realy have to do that more offten maybe at the cosplay picnic if it's here again. that or i just have to make time in the summer for a pool party
Cosplays for ACen 2013:
Uncle Iroh - Avatar the Last Airbender, Ralph - Wreck it Ralph, and Shirokuma from (Shirokuma Cafe)
Maybe:
Hideki - Nerima Daicon Brothers, Wild Tiger - Tiger and Bunny, and Harverst Moon if I ever get to tossing one together.

#296 User is offline   ToTsolot 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4501

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

View PostByeByeBeautiful, on May 14 2009, 02:01 PM, said:

*phew*

Well, - photos! I didn't get very many this year, but there's some cute tea part collages!
Pictures start here
My personal favorites are NADAR'S Jeong Jeong, and Mai and Ty Lee Chilling.

Thank You's

First off, ToTsolot, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for hosting that wonderful tea party! It was so nice to just sit down and chat. The tea was delicious, too! When are you going to set up your own tea shop? ^_^

Everyone who clapped for my costume at said panel. Thanks guys! You made hauling that Stupid Hat on a bus for six hours completely worth it!

NADAR for giving me some of my favorite pictures and bringing an Aang! He was adorable, I'm so excited you both made it to the shoot! That was a nail-biter!

Maiwithblackdaggers for hanging out fun and taking care of Katie/Ursa when we had to run off for our shoot. Much appreciated!
Oh, and also just for you - I found a Gundam Wing shoot and snagged a Trowa!

Luna_Riven and Jgo for talking me into Acen in the first place and being good little models. I hope you like the shots!

I should remake this name to be my usual name of ToT_Dorchet like all my other accounts. Also anytime you want more just let me know ^_^ I realy love tea now more than ever. If I ever loss this ATT job i'll seriously think about makeing one.
Cosplays for ACen 2013:
Uncle Iroh - Avatar the Last Airbender, Ralph - Wreck it Ralph, and Shirokuma from (Shirokuma Cafe)
Maybe:
Hideki - Nerima Daicon Brothers, Wild Tiger - Tiger and Bunny, and Harverst Moon if I ever get to tossing one together.

#297 User is offline   bloodrosevamp 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29127

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

View PostTENIME_art, on May 14 2009, 11:36 AM, said:

Hai Mai!! ^_^

I already told you at McDonald's on Sunday, but if you do this next year, I'm in for Aang... :D

Yeah! We need an Aang! Then both Katara (me) and Aang can gang up on Mai!

FYI: I was Fire Nation Katara this year

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users