• This topic is locked

Return To The Labyrinth Why?

#1 User is offline   szwrld 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8938

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

So I'm a huge Labyrinth nerd. (Dance Magic Dance!) I'm such a nerd that my friends and I assigned ourselves to be certain characters in the movie (I'm sir didymus!), but that's besides the point.
So needless to say, when I was perusing at the local Borders and saw the manga "Return to the Labyrinth" I almost passed out with joy. "Another adventure with Sarah!" I thought.
So I picked it up, plopped myself on the floor, and started reading... only to stop about halfway through because I was so incredibly disappointed.
Toby is the main character. WHY IS TOBY THE MAIN CHARACTER?!?! Everything in the Labyrinth revolved around Sarah and Jerith's love for her (and crazy way of showing it...) so why is he the main character?
And the story was so boring and had nothing to do with tight pants... i was upset.
Did anyone else read it? Did i stop too soon or was it just as bad all the way through? ugh... if they do this to Newsies I'm going to cry.

#2 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

View Postszwrld, on Jul 28 2008, 11:42 PM, said:

So I'm a huge Labyrinth nerd. (Dance Magic Dance!) I'm such a nerd that my friends and I assigned ourselves to be certain characters in the movie (I'm sir didymus!), but that's besides the point.
So needless to say, when I was perusing at the local Borders and saw the manga "Return to the Labyrinth" I almost passed out with joy. "Another adventure with Sarah!" I thought.
So I picked it up, plopped myself on the floor, and started reading... only to stop about halfway through because I was so incredibly disappointed.
Toby is the main character. WHY IS TOBY THE MAIN CHARACTER?!?! Everything in the Labyrinth revolved around Sarah and Jerith's love for her (and crazy way of showing it...) so why is he the main character?
And the story was so boring and had nothing to do with tight pants... i was upset.
Did anyone else read it? Did i stop too soon or was it just as bad all the way through? ugh... if they do this to Newsies I'm going to cry.

lol ah David Bowie...such a craaazy movie. But really...I saw that manga and started laughing. ^_^
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#3 User is offline   szwrld 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

View PostSa-chan, on Jul 29 2008, 04:44 AM, said:

lol ah David Bowie...such a craaazy movie. But really...I saw that manga and started laughing. ^_^

it was sooo bad. it was like they published a terrible fanfic

This post has been edited by szwrld: 28 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

#4 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:51 AM

::morbid curiosity sets in::

::stabs the morbid curiosity with a rose stem::
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#5 User is offline   szwrld 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:32 AM

View Postthis_chick25, on Jul 29 2008, 01:51 PM, said:

::morbid curiosity sets in::

::stabs the morbid curiosity with a rose stem::

that was for the best.

#6 User is offline   Lezzy-cat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7032

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

I picked it up shortly after it came out, and I remember being very disappointed.. I have the second one too, but I haven't gotten around to actually reading it ^^* I want to reread the first one since I don't really remember it. The story itself I don't think bugged me too much. I mean, yeah the movie was based around Sarah and Jareth, but this isn't the movie.. It's supposed to be more based around the place, not necessarily the characters we remember.
I think the thing that irks me the most is the artwork... The cover is so nice and pretty and awesome! And the inside... isn't. x.x
Artist for Catstered Creations
http://www.catsteredcreations.com

#7 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

Well I'm glad I didn't pick this up, I liked movie and that's the way it will stay in my mind.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#8 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

I have the first two books. I'm not dissapointted it's not with Sharah cuz it's years later. Different things happen. I'd be more dissapointed if it was the exact same as the movie. Whats the point. Anyway, It's a alright story, I'm still waiting for the next book to come out though. *sigh*
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#9 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

View Postszwrld, on Jul 29 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

cuase toby is a good boy
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#10 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:24 AM

I actually like it, because It's something new about Labyrinth. And in the end of the second manga, it seems as though Jerith and Sarah will be reunited when she tries to help Toby again.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#11 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:26 PM

i have the movie
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users